Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Yeah, it's not like CR is disliked by publishers for a reason. No sir.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
Have I missed anything in the last 200 or so pages?

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the amount of time it takes to make a videogame keeps increasing.

That graph is also completely wrong. For example Fallout 4, GTA V, etc didn't began after the previous iteration.

Also, Eve online was beta in 3 years, released the 4th.

I need to remember to make a better graph than that lovely one the cult links (it says "source: Wikipedia" which is laughable).

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

With this one weird trick you'll make a fortune of jpegs. Other video game devs hate it!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

its always 2 years. time keeps shrinking for the true believers

lets ignore the fact that the kickstarter ended in nov 2012 and before that croberts said he had been working on it for a year

4 years and nothing to show for it except baby poo

edit:

A Neurotic Jew posted:

the amount of time it takes to make a videogame keeps increasing.

this too

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Refund update:

Sent another email to CIG, fresh chain this time, no reply. Informed them that I've begun the dispute on all payments to CIG through paypal.

Fast forward a couple of hours, sitting at home working on a new desk and I see an email update from "support".

Excited. Open email. It's another automated response from CIG informing me, along with the others who I assume have been waiting for 1 month plus at this point, that we are still not forgotten.

:negative:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

CrazyTolradi posted:

Yeah, it's not like CR is disliked by publishers for a reason. No sir.
His true passion seems to be movie-making as does Sandi's.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

LCL-Dead posted:

Refund update:

Sent another email to CIG, fresh chain this time, no reply. Informed them that I've begun the dispute on all payments to CIG through paypal.

Fast forward a couple of hours, sitting at home working on a new desk and I see an email update from "support".

Excited. Open email. It's another automated response from CIG informing me, along with the others who I assume have been waiting for 1 month plus at this point, that we are still not forgotten.

1 week is an eternity when dealing with support tickets, let alone 4+

How they can be that bad at dealing with tickets for a game that isn't even launched yet is baffling

The only possible reason I could see is if the whales are literally melting hundreds of ships a day, and each one requires some sort of 20 min database voodoo to make it work

Which based on the comment Lando made before about database dick cheese, might just be the case!

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Mirificus posted:

His true passion seems to be moviemoney-making as does Sandi's.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

peter gabriel posted:

I'd like them to be all TA DAA!!!! and release a 2D sidescrolling platformer with puzzle elements

It would be funny if the released version of Star Marine was something in the vein of Metal Slug and they never mentioned the change, ever.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

LCL-Dead posted:

It's another automated response from CIG informing me, along with the others who I assume have been waiting for 1 month plus at this point, that we are still not forgotten.
Never forget.

You need to post the chronology -- it's getting pretty epic even by CIG's painfully abysmal standards.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

imagine getting stuck talking to this guy at a party.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

TBH him talking about lasagna put me in the mood for lasagna.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
same

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

If your spaghetti has "spaghetti sauce", ground beef, cheese, and "some" spices, no poo poo it's going to suck.

So is a lasagna made out of those ingredients.

In this analogy Star Citizen doesn't even have cheese or spices, and nobody has decided what type of pasta it should use.

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

I believe that we as the community are curators and docents of the SA star citizen thread shitposting, we have the opportunity to bolster and clarify what shitposting is for new and potential posters.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Sappo569 posted:

How they can be that bad at dealing with tickets for a game that isn't even launched yet is baffling

The only possible reason I could see is if the whales are literally melting hundreds of ships a day, and each one requires some sort of 20 min database voodoo to make it work
Don't forget the "where's the swag I ordered last month?!" and the "why is my Squadron 42 mug printed so poorly?!" and "why are the new Concierge Black cards not black and how come I can't get them with my name on them if I spent $1000 on ships already?" type questions...

The possibilities really are endless.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Baba Ganoush posted:

Have I missed anything in the last 200 or so pages?

DS got interviewed by a nazi. Seraph is still insane. Post anime.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

See? THIS is why I'm glad to be off the RSI forums and in here. The food talk over here never gets this fuckin' spergy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

You're really underestimating just how enthusiastic some of these food posts can get.

But at least they occasionally have photos.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

CrazyLoon posted:

See? THIS is why I'm glad to be off the RSI forums and in here. The food talk over here never gets this fuckin' spergy.

Uhm you need to explore the forums more. Please read chicken cheese then return to the thread.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

jaegerx posted:

Uhm you need to explore the forums more. Please read chicken cheese then return to the thread.

I did mean this thread, not the whole of SA forums.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

I make a mean chicken cheese by using some sliced cheese and a tortilla. Except it has no chicken, just the concept of chicken. I call it "the cheese crisp" but it's microwaved so it's not really crispy... just kinda sad and floppy. Much like Star Citizen. So sad... so floppy... :(

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

OhDearGodNo posted:

That graph is also completely wrong. For example Fallout 4, GTA V, etc didn't began after the previous iteration.

Also, Eve online was beta in 3 years, released the 4th.

I need to remember to make a better graph than that lovely one the cult links (it says "source: Wikipedia" which is laughable).

It doesn't matter. If SC takes ten years backers will just say it makes sense because SC is actually two games or some other pathetic excuse.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Ghostlight posted:

In this analogy Star Citizen doesn't even have cheese or spices, and nobody has decided what type of pasta it should use.

The lasagna doesn't exist but you are allowed to eat as much of it as you want.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

grimcreaper posted:

I make a mean chicken cheese by using some sliced cheese and a tortilla. Except it has no chicken, just the concept of chicken. I call it "the cheese crisp" but it's microwaved so it's not really crispy... just kinda sad and floppy. Much like Star Citizen. So sad... so floppy... :(

I guess a vegetarian would like it. Or on the opposite scale, it'd at least convince them to turn vegan too and give up cheese.

Also kinda like Star Citizen. :v:

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Imagine if someone told you they were making you lasagna, and then 5 years later they came by with a tray wrapped in tin foil and when you unwrapped it there was a note that said "gently caress you".

Star Citizen.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

A Neurotic Jew posted:

imagine getting stuck talking to this guy at a party.

lol no worries there

Lime Tonics
Nov 7, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

LCL-Dead posted:

Refund update:

The only way I got my money back was escalation. It took 6 weeks from initial "how do I get my money back" to, well, if you're just sending automails, I'm escalating. Got my money back 4 days later.

Edit: My log in on rsi worked for like 24 hrs after my account was supposedly closed too. Maybe they are getting overwhelmed by refund requests?

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Imagine if someone told you they were making you lasagna, and then 5 years later they came by with a tray wrapped in tin foil and when you unwrapped it there was a note that said "gently caress you".

Star Citizen.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Imagine a lasagna

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

grimcreaper posted:

That's a cheese quesadilla and a terrible one at that. Please up your cheese game.

E: I guess Ben might eat it if you covered it in cheese. Like 8 layers of cheese then maybe.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Microwaving a quesadilla is self harm.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

jaegerx posted:

That's a cheese quesadilla and a terrible one at that. Please up your cheese game.

E: I guess Ben might eat it if you covered it in cheese. Like 8 layers of cheese then maybe.

I take great offense to that. As a cis white male I am entitled to call it "the cheese crisp" because it's better than anything Gordon Ramsey could make. He's the only person who's allowed to critique my work because he's like the Derek Smart of food stuff. But... wait. poo poo. I'm just gonna stop cooking since I suck at it.

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

grimcreaper posted:

poo poo. I'm just gonna stop cooking since I suck at it.

But even at the sucky end of that spectrum, inadvertently poisoning your beloved with food can be so fun! :( (so long as they survive, of course) They even forgive you for it, because they love you.

EDIT: Again, same as with CIG and Star Citizens! drat, this food talk analogy works with games and their fans on so many levels!

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Nov 9, 2015

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Can someone give me an update on the DSmart/Vox bromance? Last I checked DSmart was all "hey guys I have a new friend, his name's Vox Day" and everyone was all "sever, he's a neo-nazi shitlord" and then I went to bed. Thanks.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Filthy Hans posted:

Can someone give me an update on the DSmart/Vox bromance? Last I checked DSmart was all "hey guys I have a new friend, his name's Vox Day" and everyone was all "sever, he's a neo-nazi shitlord" and then I went to bed. Thanks.

Nothing interesting came of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

Some people cried that Smart lending legitimacy to a neonazi by appearing on his show to have a boring talk about video games was a bad idea.
Smart cried that we can't censor him and left for a few minutes.
Some people cried that the schadenfreude train was at risk of derailing.
Ultimately it was a boring conversation and everyone shrugged their shoulders. A lot of really funny/horrifying twitter messages made a few more pages of the thread fun/gas worthy.

I might have missed a few points. The whole event was a little surreal for me.

• Locked thread