Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Yeah, when he got punted to the moon he didn't know if he could just hold his breath and be fine (he could), and then he wasn't sure if he could just jump straight back to Earth (he did).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daxing Dan
Apr 2, 2015

Damn it, why it does need to remain only four bullets!?

Mystic Mongol posted:

Dude needs help. He views his own sexuality as inherently repellent (using it to punish criminals or threaten Superally Darkshine into action; never making a pass at someone who hasn't transgressed in some way, even if he's attracted to them) and spends all his spare time locked up in prison. He puts himself in lethal situations three times to save innocents or protect the other heroes, but what he's learned from them (mostly from Sea King, mind you) is that he needs to be way more murderous in his fights.

If he just wanted to be horrible in jail, he could be, but clearly he's driven to do more. Can he be saved? Not by Handsomely Masked Sweet Mask, that's for sure.

The problem with Puripuri-Prisoner, aside from the fact that he exists mainly to serve up homophobic rape jokes, isn't his self loathing, it's the fact that he's an unrepentant rapist who threatens to rape people into submission if they disobey him. He stays in prison because he has made the prison into his personal harem, where he can rape criminals without repercussions.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
It's not like prison rape jokes aren't a huge part of American pop culture anyway. Actually, he struck me as oddly American in that sense.

Two wrongs don't make a right, of course.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

How can one woman be so mad

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Alejandro Sanchez posted:

How can one woman be so mad
one does not inform the shortstack of their shortness, this is ape law

informing of the stackedness is ape judge's discretion

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
ONE updated again with the rest of the pages. Chapter 104.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

Elentor posted:

With a TBC at the end as well which means its break time again.

drat, the wait is going to be painful, but at least we have the anime and the redraw updates in a little bit to keep us tickled.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Elentor posted:

God, I love Saitama so much.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Tatsumaki's learned a valuable lesson.

just do whatever to saitama he'll be fine :lol:

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
It seemed odd she couldn't lift him one moment but then could split open and close the earth

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I think that's the point, she couldn't lift him because it's him. She was doing fine just pushing him around with wind before and opening up a crack on the ground after.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Precisely, if he tries to hold his ground or resist she can't do a single thing to him.

She can still tear open the ground because it's nothing compared to Saitama.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

He's psychically "heavy" for some reason. I don't know exactly how that works and I doubt they'll explain it, but you can chalk it up to him being generically awesome.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Buros was able to knock him to the moon but I bet that's because he surprised him.

My opinion is that if Saitama doesn't want to move, and knows you're coming, and braces himself, a construction crane the size of the Empire State Building won't help you.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Serious Stand.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Clarste posted:

He's psychically "heavy" for some reason. I don't know exactly how that works and I doubt they'll explain it, but you can chalk it up to him being generically awesome.

Fubuki already explained, Psychic resistance is directly related to willpower, and Saitama is really really determined. Tatsumaki has simply not met anyone whose will outpowers her own before now.

Also she is fighting while extremely injured, like an idiot as saitama points out.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...
Much as he's highly resistant to physical attacks, he's also highly resistant to psychic attacks, in this instance TK, but probably mental effects as well. Tatsu wasn't having much trouble throwing rocks and wind at him, because they were indirect uses, for all that it mattered. Once she tried to use TK directly to affect him, she found herself over-matched, barely able to levitate him. One might ask what about when she scrubbed his face across a few miles of tarmac. I would guess that she was directly enhancing her own strength and durability, then moving herself telekinetically.

I would also figure that directly manipulating people with TK is just harder, in general, and that's why Tatsumaki and Fubuki typically use wind and debris instead.

^^ oh right they actually discussed that

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm so hopeful that the anime will get all the way up to the fight with Garou and the Monster Association. That arc was super rad with ONE's art, it's gonna be amazing to see it done out in full.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Pre-order numbers haven't been all too impressive from what I've read in threads about pre-orders on /a/ so that's an unfortunate thing.

That said, I think we'll probably get a second season but I don't think the anime would like to overtake Murata's version so it could be a long wait.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

rotinaj posted:

I'm so hopeful that the anime will get all the way up to the fight with Garou and the Monster Association. That arc was super rad with ONE's art, it's gonna be amazing to see it done out in full.

That'll be at best 2 years from now, and it's really more likely to be 3 or 4.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Pre-order numbers haven't been all too impressive from what I've read in threads about pre-orders on /a/ so that's an unfortunate thing.

That said, I think we'll probably get a second season but I don't think the anime would like to overtake Murata's version so it could be a long wait.

Preorder?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Anime Blu-rays.
If it's not selling BD's, it's not getting a second season.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

Anime Blu-rays.
If it's not selling BD's, it's not getting a second season.

And they don't give a poo poo about sales outside of Japan so not even those would save it if they're good.

E: It's second on the list though, so there's hope.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Lots of aspects of the anime industry make me very sad

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

They might actually sell blurays if they didn't make them $70 for 4 episodes.

Go the Steam sale route of "we make a lot more money than usual by selling huge amounts for much less"

gnome7
Oct 21, 2010

Who's this Little
Spaghetti?? ??

Go the Steam sale route of "we make a lot more money than usual by selling huge amounts for much less"

This is probably the first show I've ever seen where the overall quality might actually warrant that price. It's insane that that's the standard.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

They're selling them sufficiently for most series in the market they care about, so why should they change?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Fubuki says that being able to TK living beings is a matter of overcoming their mental stability and willpower and that Saitama is insanely difficult to do this to.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

I don't think this works for physical merchandise.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

RatHat posted:

I don't think this works for physical merchandise.

Depends on what the mark-up is. Printing discs in bulk isn't exactly expensive.

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

rotinaj posted:

Not even Murata has gotten there yet in his redraw of the manga. I highly doubt the anime will get to that point.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

rotinaj posted:

JosephWongKS posted:

Not even Murata has gotten there yet in his redraw of the manga. I highly doubt the anime will get to that point.

Yeah, that's like 3/4ths of all the progress this series has so far. At the latest, this isn't gonna be finished until like 2019. And that's just for the ONE version.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

poo poo, I got dangerously close to letting slip Saitama's "The Hulk's secret" moment from the ONE version in the Murata thread.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

T.G. Xarbala posted:

poo poo, I got dangerously close to letting slip Saitama's "The Hulk's secret" moment from the ONE version in the Murata thread.

That's my secret, Genos. Something is always on sale.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

That's my secret, Genos. Something is always on sale.

:ocelot:

seriously though Murata thread talk: Berk Berkly what are you doing I was trying not to mention that you nimrod :cripes:

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Goons are bad + dumb.

Berk Berkly
Apr 9, 2009

by zen death robot

T.G. Xarbala posted:

seriously though Murata thread talk: Berk Berkly what are you doing I was trying not to mention that you nimrod :cripes:

Sorry! Sorry, edited it down to get rid of even vaguely spoilery hints of things to come.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Good man

It's enough to know that we're basically all on the same page re: Saitama's serious hero hobby lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Re: People knowing about how strong Saitama is, I think Asura Rhino was the only character to realize how strong Saitam was before the fight began, whereas Garou and Boros appeared to only understand his strength during their fight against him. And Garou kept deluding himself during the initial stages, whereas Boros got an inkling after they traded some blows. So Asura Rhino gets points for that in my book.

I've gotten to thinking that Garou might have been the opponent that Boros was destined to fight, but Saitama being around screwed up the prophecy.