Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem

Race Realists posted:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/bbs/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=3018930

could've swore this type of insufferable weeb disappeared in the mid 00's

They never went away, they just gradually retreated to their own circles (like nerd forums) rather than being so mainstream anyone you could pull off the street would go on about how kawaii their new Pokemon plushies are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

Can't wait for Eren to take control of the wall titans and mop up the the hidden village team. It'd be an epic climax if we see them in action the one chapter then hear their explanation in the basement after.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
its out but has seriously the worst quality scans i've ever seen for some pages

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I usually wait for the crunchyroll scan. They let you read the latest chapter for free.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It'll be out tomorrow at 5pst on cr.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I tend to read the speedscan if it's out before CR and then read the CR one for quality reasons just to avoid getting spoiled like I have on a few chapters before.

This one was hype as gently caress. A surprising amount happened in a single chapter, and the artwork has gotten REMARKABLY better. The author's still really good at kinetic energy in his fights, this one might just outclass Eren vs Annie in terms of sheer momentum in every attack.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep
Mangareader version is out. A few pages look pixelated but is pretty readable.

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Captain Invictus posted:

This one was hype as gently caress. A surprising amount happened in a single chapter, and the artwork has gotten REMARKABLY better. The author's still really good at kinetic energy in his fights, this one might just outclass Eren vs Annie in terms of sheer momentum in every attack.

yes it owned

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

this titan is so loving excited to be attacking

Missing Name fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Nov 8, 2015

Kraus
Jan 17, 2008
The lightning spear looks a hell of a lot like the anti-human 3DMG.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Missing Name posted:

this titan is so loving excited to be attacking

This is a huge part of why I love attack on titan

The titans just do whatever the gently caress they want when attacking. Skipping, rolling, trotting, business gunning, dragging, to be a titan is to be able to truly express yourself!

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Captain Invictus posted:

This is a huge part of why I love attack on titan

The titans just do whatever the gently caress they want when attacking. Skipping, rolling, trotting, business gunning, dragging, to be a titan is to be able to truly express yourself!
I await the titan who decides to MC Hammer crabwalk into battle. :allears:

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

There is something visceral and wrong about Luggage Titan. They can only crawl on all fours so here is an intelligent person who is being used like a bird dog, or pack animal.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

There is something visceral and wrong about Luggage Titan. They can only crawl on all fours so here is an intelligent person who is being used like a bird dog, or pack animal.

Yes, this was far and away the most interesting part of the chapter.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

threeagainstfour posted:

Yes, this was far and away the most interesting part of the chapter.
Yeah, so far I had been working under the assumption that the guys outside were also living in a poo poo world but had adapted to it by focusing on powers rather than walls. I hadn't considered that maybe their entire society might be based on using titans as tools. Maybe at some point in the future the Captains of Industry decided that paying wages was for suckers and it's much more efficient to turn workers into a literally fungible resource.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

Yeah, so far I had been working under the assumption that the guys outside were also living in a poo poo world but had adapted to it by focusing on powers rather than walls. I hadn't considered that maybe their entire society might be based on using titans as tools. Maybe at some point in the future the Captains of Industry decided that paying wages was for suckers and it's much more efficient to turn workers into a literally fungible resource.

Was just rereading. Titans confirmed for being enslaved.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

i like this guy:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

It's up on crunchyroll now, and my reaction is: drat it don't stop there, gimme a couple more pages!

That was a drat good punch he landed.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

http://puu.sh/leQxZ/54ac7f7883.jpg Those finger guns.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

When this chapter gets animated the gifs it spawns will put toast-in-mouth titan to shame.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Sub Harrison posted:

Was just rereading. Titans confirmed for being enslaved.

I think that was more just him lashing out at Zackley than confirming anything.

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I think that was more just him lashing out at Zackley than confirming anything.

It makes sense if there is some sort of weird farming system going on where the people in the walled cities are made into slave titans for the Ape and shifter titans. The nobility would most likely be in on the scheme.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Hell yes, this is what I read AOT for.

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100
After so many chapters of eating dirt, Eren earned that, and boy was it satisfying.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Coughing Hobo posted:

After so many chapters of eating dirt, Eren earned that, and boy was it satisfying.

Next chapter Reiner will just reveal he's been training to beat Eren and owns him, in order to complete the "advantage see-saw" that must exist in all shounen battle manga. (Fortunately I'm doubting this will happen; I'm actually not sure how this battle will end up, since killing Reiner removes the possibility of him talking about him/Bertholt's situation more in the future, but if they don't kill him he's going to cause them a ton of problems in this fight.)

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Ytlaya posted:

Next chapter Reiner will just reveal he's been training to beat Eren and owns him, in order to complete the "advantage see-saw" that must exist in all shounen battle manga. (Fortunately I'm doubting this will happen; I'm actually not sure how this battle will end up, since killing Reiner removes the possibility of him talking about him/Bertholt's situation more in the future, but if they don't kill him he's going to cause them a ton of problems in this fight.)

Im guessing Reiner alone will lose/almost lose and then Berthold will come out of nowhere. But this time he will just be beaten too. The real boss in this fight will be Monkey Trouble

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Elias_Maluco posted:

Im guessing Reiner alone will lose/almost lose and then Berthold will come out of nowhere. But this time he will just be beaten too. The real boss in this fight will be Monkey Trouble

How do you beat Bert? Even with the new weapons, whatever they are, it seems almost impossible. Just the heat makes it hard to get close to him.

In It For The Tank
Feb 17, 2011

But I've yet to figure out a better way to spend my time.
Wait him out. Bertolt has a lot of power but not a lot of speed and not a lot of mobility. He's good for kicking down the Wall and not much else it seems. When the Survey Corps cornered Bertolt on the top of Wall Rose, he was only able to turtle up and emit steam to keep them away, not actually attack them. Earlier, when Bertolt attacked Trost, Eren was able to withstand his steam and actually get close to his nape so it's not a perfect defense. Bertolt's transformation also seems to be tremendously draining because (if I remember right) he had to rely on Reiner to protect him when they were trying to escape with Eren because he couldn't transform again so soon.

Bertolt's Colossal Titan is good for devastating and decisive attacks but in a drawn out battle I think he loses.

Elias_Maluco
Aug 23, 2007
I need to sleep

Turin Turambar posted:

How do you beat Bert? Even with the new weapons, whatever they are, it seems almost impossible. Just the heat makes it hard to get close to him.

I guess that wont be much of a problem for hardened Eren.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Turin Turambar posted:

You could say the same thing for titan Rod

threeagainstfour
Jun 27, 2005

I'm thinking Reiner switches sides at some point during this battle. He was conflicted about killing Erwin and had to remind himself to focus on his mission.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

threeagainstfour posted:

I'm thinking Reiner switches sides at some point during this battle. He was conflicted about killing Erwin and had to remind himself to focus on his mission.

While this would be interesting, I have to imagine that it would be a "changes sides and immediately sacrifices himself to help Eren and company" situation, since there's no way anyone would be able to have him around after all the folks he's killed (both from breaking and walls and more recently, like when he stabbed that dude before turning into a Titan last chapter).

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Ytlaya posted:

While this would be interesting, I have to imagine that it would be a "changes sides and immediately sacrifices himself to help Eren and company" situation, since there's no way anyone would be able to have him around after all the folks he's killed (both from breaking and walls and more recently, like when he stabbed that dude before turning into a Titan last chapter).

I think it's honestly building up for Eren to not forgive Reiner, Berthold, or Annie but at the very least understand them and realize they don't have to be enemies. It will probably be that moment that they switch sides. From their perspective they seemed pretty desperate in their reason to knock down the walls. The death of Eren's family was collateral damage in that act.

quote:

How do you beat Bert?

Wait him out. His defense doesn't last forever and burns away at his titan. If the thunder spears are rockets or something then that too will probably gently caress him up.

Nelson Mandingo fucked around with this message at 12:50 on Nov 11, 2015

Omglosser
Sep 2, 2007

threeagainstfour posted:

I don't get the vibe that he was conflicted on killing him. Erwin plays it cool as gently caress and isn't scared. Reiner probably just figured it'd be a waste of his time to kill Erwin besides the fact that he might not be able to, as Erwin could just keep moving away from him. The scene where they were staring at each other for a moment was probably just put there for contrast and to show that Reiner still has respect for Erwin and acknowledges his prowess in these situations.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Erwin is a stone cold badass, I thought that was a great scene. I don't think it had anything to do with Reiner not wanting to kill him, just that he didn't have the time and Erwin knew it.

free basket of chips
Sep 7, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
anyone else seen the spoilers for 76?

RIP Reiner

JosephWongKS
Apr 4, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
New chapter is out - http://kissmanga.com/Manga/Shingeki-no-Kyojin/Chapter-076?id=256442

Thunder spears rock.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
That was intense.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
holy gently caress RIP you fucker

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR