Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!

To Perth, which is actually Singapore....GOD drat IT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

Orv posted:

WHO THE gently caress IS THIS NOT-RON-PERLMAN MOTHERFUCKER, -1,000,000/10

Seriously? Ron is in the trailer and the game demo... another sweet todd lie?

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
Literally just got on the New Zealand Vypr VPN and I'm unpacking now. Just keep trying the connection and it'll randomly work.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Bardeh posted:

I've managed to connect to the NZ VyprVPN server, but the game still just sits there and won't decrypt. :sigh:

if you havent already, go to steams account settings and switch shop regions to new zealand/austrailia.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

lol 32 minutes to decrypt, jesus tapdancing christ

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game is way better looking on PC obviously

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
Lol. Confirmed that consoles have no shadows but the master race has got them no problem just like we always knew.

rap music
Mar 11, 2006

Godmachine posted:

Literally just got on the New Zealand Vypr VPN and I'm unpacking now. Just keep trying the connection and it'll randomly work.

Same.

So what is my next step after this baby unpacks? Offline mode and disconnect VPN?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

futureproof posted:

When I was using Perth with Vypr, everything was actually in Singapore. I d/c from the VPN, downloaded the ~200MB left, waited for it to unpack, reconnected to NZ via VPN, restarted Steam, made sure the game could launch, and restarted in offline mode. Game is playable now. Just don't reconnect to Steam until it unlocks your local time. I'm disabling my ethernet adapter (win+r, type ncpa.cpl, hit enter, right-click your wifi/lan adapter, disable) just in case I restart my computer and Steam tries to automatically connect.

Can't play until after work, but doing this now saves me the hassle of doing it later and I won't have to wait 6+ hours after I get off to play it. The main menu looks pretty, I guess.

Bloodplay it again fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Nov 9, 2015

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

I said come in! posted:

What country did you use? I'm sorry if this has been mentioned already.

The mighty planet of australia. I connected to the vpn, opened steam, set the store page to australian money, and it started unlocking.

futureproof
Jul 19, 2006

Victory for the monkey beast!
Hello from New Zealand

mania
Sep 9, 2004

futureproof posted:

Don't connect to Perth, it's not supposed to be released there for another 2 hours. Connect to NZ, Sydney or Melbourne.

Even if you're trying this a few hours later, don't connect to Perth, because if it's really in Singapore, the game will only be unlocking there on the 11th because Bethesda and/or Steam hates Asia.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

Buncha borderline drug addicts up in here

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Inverness posted:

Is there a day one patch?

500 mb on console. Might be already rolled into the steam download.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Unlocking Fallout 4 right now, thanks Obama.

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

First hot info from the ground floor, you can change your attributes and appearance again once you leave the vault.

You known, in case you want to spend another hour creating your perfect vault dweller.

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Mokinokaro posted:

500 mb on console. Might be already rolled into the steam download.

Steam preload was 23.8GB and the additional download is about ~230MB. You can disconnect from the VPN to download it faster from Steam, but you'll need to reconnect before it finishes unlocking (or afterwards, with a Steam restart) after reconnecting to the VPN for it to be playable. Otherwise, it sits at 24GB/24GB with no option to play.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Son of Rodney posted:

The mighty planet of australia. I connected to the vpn, opened steam, set the store page to australian money, and it started unlocking.

Australia is indeed a mighty planet that will destroy all of us with their superior time zones.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Can you leave notes/custom markers on the map now? They had that in Morrowind and removed it in all games since, and that poo poo was useful damnit.

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Chem addicts! Get it right. Heh.

calusari
Apr 18, 2013

It's mechanical. Seems to come at regular intervals.
nvidia game ready drivers and tweaking guide

Win7/8
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/358.91/358.91-desktop-win8-win7-winvista-64bit-international-whql.exe
Win10
http://us.download.nvidia.com/Windows/358.91/358.91-desktop-win10-64bit-international-whql.exe

http://www.geforce.com/whats-new/guides/fallout-4-graphics-performance-and-tweaking-guide

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

Well I have my drugs all laid out and ready to go, waiting until I can connect to a VPN and see numbers go up before I :wth:

New Leaf
Jul 24, 2013

Dragon Balls? Are they tasty?

Son of Rodney posted:

First hot info from the ground floor, you can change your attributes and appearance again once you leave the vault.

You known, in case you want to spend another hour creating your perfect vault dweller.

It's a nice save spot for your next character so you don't have to go through the intro stuff every time.

Someone on Reddit posted some white-haired scar face black lipstick lady that looks loving badass in the Wasteland but looks absolutely ridiculous in her 50's housewife getup.

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

Kinda hoping valve just lock out vpn accounts and make you wait 5 days before the account is unlocked because that would be loving hilarious right now.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMUBqXkijAw

Anime Schoolgirl
Nov 28, 2002

Vikar Jerome posted:

Kinda hoping valve just lock out vpn accounts and make you wait 5 days before the account is unlocked because that would be loving hilarious right now.
or maybe unlock all downloaded copies at the same time considering the decryption process costs their servers almost nothing

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Or they could just let everyone play right now because we paid for the game.

John F Bennett
Jan 30, 2013

I always wear my wedding ring. It's my trademark.

Vikar Jerome posted:

you like to dance close to the fire don't you

Heliosicle
May 16, 2013

Arigato, Racists.

TASTE THE PAIN!!
May 18, 2004

No you must honor the arbitrary release time! Stop right there criminal scum!

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

TASTE THE PAIN!! posted:

No you must honor the arbitrary release time! Stop right there criminal scum!

Its absurd that this is an actual thing. People that live in parts of the world where its unlocked right now legit, can't even stream the game on Twitch because of crazy rear end copyright laws.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Vikar Jerome posted:

Lol you care a lot about people playing a game a tiny bit early

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So I was thinking about starting off with 6 in Int, Char and Luck and 3 in Agi an End.

Are energy weapons still attached to Int?

Man Whore
Jan 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT SPHERICAL CATS
=3

my eyes rolled so loving hard when the super progressive thing that he led to was loving polyamory.

Jebediah
Oct 7, 2009
Grimey Drawer
I'M OUT OF THE VAULT 111 GUYS.

Random Asshole
Nov 8, 2010

Welp, Vyper VPN utterly hosed me. I started up the game, quit to take Steam offline, but before I could do that I got kicked from the VPN connection and now it won't reconnect at all, even for the few seconds it would take to finish this drat process. Anyone have any other VPN suggestions?

BuhamutZeo
Jun 1, 2011
SO uh...I can't change my store region without contacting Steam customer services and getting approval. What the ever-loving gently caress?

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

BuhamutZeo posted:

SO uh...I can't change my store region without contacting Steam customer services and getting approval. What the ever-loving gently caress?

Why would you want to do that in the first place?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Mesadoram posted:

So I was thinking about starting off with 6 in Int, Char and Luck and 3 in Agi an End.

Are energy weapons still attached to Int?

The rockpapershotgun review complained that most of the quests are resolved by blowing heads off with no option for talking your way around it so charisma didn't seem that useful.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dead Like Rev
Sep 6, 2010

"The dead walk among us."

Random rear end in a top hat posted:

Welp, Vyper VPN utterly hosed me. I started up the game, quit to take Steam offline, but before I could do that I got kicked from the VPN connection and now it won't reconnect at all, even for the few seconds it would take to finish this drat process. Anyone have any other VPN suggestions?

softether

• Locked thread