Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

Spermgod posted:

Looks like Averno might be done with AAA

a few days ago he even told AAA he wasn't going anywhere lol

AfterFather posted:

From cubsfans luchablog

:laffo: Christ
ADR also apparently agreed to finish out his AAA dates but he's been announced for so many WWE shows in November it's looking like he probably won't make it back to mexico any time soon

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Thauros posted:

Next Friday's Dia del Muertos card is a $6 IppVv

CMLL (FRI) 10/30/2015 Arena México
1) Acero & Último Dragoncito vs Mercurio & Pequeño Universo 2000
2) Esfinge, Oro Jr., The Panther vs Raziel, Skándalo, Súper Comando
3) La Vaquerita, Marcela, Princesa Sugehit vs Amapola, Dalys, Zeuxis
4) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero vs Boby Z, Dragón Rojo Jr., Thunder
5) La Máscara, Marco Corleone, Rush vs Máximo, Super Parka, Valiente
6) Volador Jr. © vs La Sombra [NWA WELTER]
5th defense

This is tonight! 6 bucks at http://cmll.cleeng.com/.

luchablog posted:

first of CMLL’s two Dia de Muertos shows takes place today. Luchadors and edecanes will dress in makeup and costume to fit in with the traditional Mexican celebration of the dead. The entire arena will have a special look for the next couple of days. And, they’ll also be having wrestling matches – Volador versus Sombra once again, this time for the NWA Welterweight Championship

This will be the 24th known Volador/Sombra match since they started feuding in 2010. Volador leads 11-10 with two ties. It’ll be the 21st to air on a TV show. It’s their third match this year: Volador won in April in Arena Mexico and August in Arena Puebla. Volador has won the last five matchups. He’s coming in as champion and seems likely to win again. This is the signature feud of this last decade of CMLL. I wish CMLL had gone with something fresh for an iPPV, but if only hardcore fans are going to buy this (and only some hardcore fans are going to buy this), then maybe you go with the one match you know will work for those fans.

The rest of the show has, at best, middle chapters of ongoing feuds. The semimain is Maximo, Valiente, and Super Parka versus Rush, La Mascara and Marco Corleone. CMLL’s preview teases Rush and Super Parka may continue feuding. The fourth match was scheduled to have Ultimo Guerrero versus Thunder, but Ultimo Guerrero is out of action (and believed to be injured). It’ll instead just be a random trios match with Thunder, Boby Z, and Dragon Rojo facing Euforia, Gran Guerrero and Mr. Niebla. The best undercard match of the night will probably be The Panther, Esfinge, and Oro Jr. versus Super Comando, Raziel and Skandalo, continuing the Panther/Comando feud.

The show is on iPPV for a listed price of $6 USD. It was actually $7.62 when they added in fees for me this morning. If you did not change your clock for daylight savings this past week (if you live in the US or Japan), the show will start one hour later than usual. It’ll start at 10:30pm in New York. You can find the time where you live here.

I haven’t checked this out thoroughly, but I believe today’s iPPV is the only wrestling one where the winners will go to a heavenly paradise and the losers will be dragged to hell.

Akileese
Feb 6, 2005

Thauros posted:

This is tonight! 6 bucks at http://cmll.cleeng.com/.

Yeah I'm in for this. The top two matches on the card sound fun as hell and it's a cheap way to stay home and relax.

e: Broadcast not active. What?
E: Oh whoops. CET not CST. I'm an idiot. Carry on!

Akileese fucked around with this message at 02:36 on Oct 31, 2015

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Pre show is live.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

pink wasn't even a thing why is t#RXT REVOLUTION~!
and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
:sludgepal:
he knows..

Spermgod posted:

Looks like Averno might be done with AAA

never mind

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

AAA's scheduled card for today postponed because they were pretty adamant about Del Rio working and WWE wouldn't let him

Wiccan Wasteland
Oct 15, 2012

quote:

CMLL (FRI) 11/06/2015 Arena México
1) Astral & Eléctrico vs Demus 3:16 & Mercurio
2) Esfinge, Fuego, The Panther vs Puma, Súper Comando, Tiger
3) Marcela, Silueta, Syuri vs Dalys, Tiffany, Zeuxis
4) Euforia, Gran Guerrero, Último Guerrero vs Boby Z, Dragón Rojo Jr., Thunder
5) Diamante Azul, Mistico, Super Parka vs Felino, Mr. Niebla, Negro Casas
6) La Sombra & Volador Jr. vs La Máscara & Rush

Fist pounds mean nothing :(

Chris James 2 posted:

AAA's scheduled card for today postponed because they were pretty adamant about Del Rio working and WWE wouldn't let him

This has been a horrible year for AAA, but they should have went on with the show without Del Rio.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I know CMLL can't be expected to book around NJPW's needs, but it's a shame Los Ingobernables seem heading for a breakup right before they're set to become a big thing in NJPW

AfterFather posted:

This has been a horrible year for AAA, but they should have went on with the show without Del Rio.

If they can get him at a later date I can't blame them. If your champ's leaving the company it's good to have him at least put someone over on the way out.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Aaaaaand Dr. Wagner Jr. just debuted for AAA.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

Luigi Thirty posted:

BEEP BEEP time to watch AAA HONK HONK

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Luigi Thirty posted:

At least AAA learned from their mistakes and hired someone reliable.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I just learned AAA's weekly show is streamed here http://sipse.com/galatv/cancun/

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

and i'm so fucking excited for #SCOOPS#SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS #SCOOPS#SCOOPS
he knows..
Rush vs. Sombra mano a mano next week. They're still friends.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

I missed last night's show but read about it on Luchablog. Interesting after the DotD show that Sombra and Volador didn't get along while Rush had no issues working with a standard tecnico teammate.

Wonder where this is going?

I was worried about an Ingobernables breakup loving with NJPW's booking, but sadly it's starting to look like outside of Fantasticamania that the CMLL and NJPW versions of the stable might just be be completely different groups that both happen to include Naito :smith:

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..

Thauros posted:

I missed last night's show but read about it on Luchablog. Interesting after the DotD show that Sombra and Volador didn't get along while Rush had no issues working with a standard tecnico teammate.

I mean it's his brother so...

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Spermgod posted:

I mean it's his brother so...

:downs: I seriously forgot about that.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
ROVPACK IN THE HOOUUUUSE!
:vince:
he still knows...

Thauros posted:

I was worried about an NWO breakup loving with NJPW's booking, but sadly it's starting to look like outside of WCW tours that the WCW and NJPW versions of the stable might just be completely different groups that both happen to include Scott Norton :smith:

The more things change...

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

The more things change...

Can Naito eat 298 pancakes? I rest my case.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
Naito learned in Mexico that 298 pancakes can't kill you if you're already dead.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

@luchablog posted:

the main event for next week's Elite show is Caristico, Negro Casas, Voaldor Jr. vs Cheessman, Cibernetico, and ???. Not Kidding.

That's what is says right? want to make sure I'm not delirious

@SAThauros posted:

@luchablog uhhh, do you think this means even more AAA departures or some change in relations between the three companies involved?

@luchablog posted:

luchablog Retweeted THAUR 2.0 S

YES. I don't know, my mind is blown, I'm having trouble thinking coherently.

@luchablog posted:

Chessman & Cibernetico are currently scheduled to work that (doomed, doomed) Juarez TV taping.

I know my role is to explain to you what is going on with the world of lucha libre. I'm not entirely sure I can do that right now.

the one thing I'm sure of is the mystery person listed in Averno's spot is by far the most hilarious thing

Thauros fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Nov 9, 2015

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
lol wtf

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Is it too late to vote for AAA as the Worst Promotion

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
So Chessman and Cibernetico are jumping ship too?

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

You can keep them, AAA

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

poor konnan

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
Man, AAA was looking so good earlier this year.

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
It's not like either guy would be much of a loss (if anything making room for new guys in the upper midcard is a positive), but it doesn't look good that so many people are jumping ship

Spermgod
Jan 8, 2012

he knows..
oh my god this is incredible http://www.voicesofwrestling.com/2015/11/09/aaa-linear-mega-heavyweight-championship-or-toru-yano-messes-everything-up/

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

gently caress anyone who thinks linear championships are stupid.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

MassRafTer posted:

gently caress anyone who thinks linear championships are stupid.

Yeah this singlehandedly made me do a 180 on the subject. Shame ADR won't be able to drop the WWE linear title in AAA.

Abrasive Obelisk
May 2, 2013

I joined th
he still knows...
That's not even the right history!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Abrasive Obelisk posted:

That's not even the right history!

I hope that when this is in a readable size it still says Joe E Legend and Tatanka were champions.

Durk Hendrunkqs
Dec 12, 2006

It's useless.
Either they're trolling or something is going down, CMLL's twitter started following AAA's twitter.

I want to believe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I refuse to believe that CMLL does anything willfully.

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END
I watched the Sombra/Volador vs Rush/Mistico match from a few days back. Really fun match, with LOS INGOBERNABLES going at it and Volador Jr getting a chance to heel it up a little. Sombra's antics are amazing.

Courtesy of http://www.thecubsfan.com/cmll/2015/11/07/rush-versus-sombra-for-next-week/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pihnPpEoaEc

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

I'm not well-versed in Lucha beyond what I've seen clips of here and there and LU, but anytime I've seen old-Mistico/Mysteziz/Caristico in action he's been super botchy, especially for a guy that's supposed to be a top draw. Is current-Mistico any good? Was the character that popular that it merited 3 different guys to play it at one point or another??

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

The current Mistico has fully functioning knees so he's way ahead of cathartic engigma 2.0.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

BodyMassageMachine posted:

I'm not well-versed in Lucha beyond what I've seen clips of here and there and LU, but anytime I've seen old-Mistico/Mysteziz/Caristico in action he's been super botchy, especially for a guy that's supposed to be a top draw. Is current-Mistico any good? Was the character that popular that it merited 3 different guys to play it at one point or another??

Current Mistico's decent but he's been outshone by both his older (Rush) and younger (Dragon Lee) brothers. Old Miatico was the top draw in Mexico in the middle of the last decade and a really huge star for a fairly brief period of time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strenuous Manflurry
Sep 5, 2006

THE END

BodyMassageMachine posted:

Fun flyer, though not the best one in CMLL, or anything like that. He's a solid guy who the crowd usually mercilessly boos. Don't know if he has a a heel run in him, but he's not even clicking on the level they're pushing him as a face - and they're not pushing him as hard as they used to.

And like Thauros said, it's not that the original CMLL Mistico was a big deal, he was THE big deal.