Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

Mmm, ambervision.

e: page number / ambervision combo

JainDoh fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

I made it to the end of the thread. Have a catte.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

walruscat posted:

I made it to the end of the thread. Have a catte.

:neckbeard:

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

I want to poke its tongue. :3:

edit: also since that cat is probably under 18, keep it well away from Seraph.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Wow, I know these people are delusional...But drat these people are really delusional!

This on the other hand is a quality catte.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Those are the ones that get me. It's one thing to look at something and go "Hey this might be a really good game" or whatever.

But it's a completely unbearable level of hype to say "This is going to save gaming."

Save it from what, exactly?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Beet Wagon posted:

Those are the ones that get me. It's one thing to look at something and go "Hey this might be a really good game" or whatever.

But it's a completely unbearable level of hype to say "This is going to save gaming."

from like you know... the way it is.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Imagine multipayment plans. I'm surprised they haven't tried that already.

Buy an endeavour for only $15 a month! 0% APR!*

*for two weeks, then 42% afterwards.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

I don't know how anyone's brain can see how janky everything they have produced so far is and still say "this is going to be the glorious savior of pc gaming."

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Beet Wagon posted:

It will save gullible PC gamers from their disposable income.

Spermanent Record
Mar 28, 2007
I interviewed a NK escapee who came to my school and made a thread. Then life got in the way and the translation had to be postponed. I did finish it in the end, but nobody is going to pay 10 bux to update my.avatar

xutech posted:

I am more concerned about the next iteration of this scam because it will be better planned and better hidden.

Hmmm, if only there was some way to avoid being scammed by dodgy kickstarters.

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Wafflz posted:

I don't know how anyone's brain can see how janky everything they have produced so far is and still say "this is going to be the glorious savior of pc gaming."

*crashes through double doors, visibly out of breath*

*pant* *pants* BUT IT'S *wheeeeze* ALPHAAAAAAAAAAAA *collapses*

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Hope he likes dying of old age before that moment ever happens.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Wafflz posted:

Given that the recent UI changes appear to be going the direction of simulation fidelity ~ think DCS ~ I have trouble understanding how it's going to fit into the 'game' portion. Their fundamental problem still is that they have a list of promises and no overarching plan other than what Croberts decides the flavor d'jour.

Also I can clip out of the back of my pilots head with TrackIR. PC GAMING IS SAVED.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Wafflz posted:

If you're curious, I can answer this from the perspective of someone who is a supported, but got concerned after Derek's reveals in July, but still is hopeful.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Wafflz posted:

It boggles the mind. Honestly though I don't understand how people say that with any game, let alone SC.

SneakyFrog posted:

from like you know... the way it is.

Well good, because the way it is is probably terrible I guess. At least that's what I've been told.

I'll leave my cat contribution here.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Hav posted:

Given that the recent UI changes appear to be going the direction of simulation fidelity ~ think DCS ~ I have trouble understanding how it's going to fit into the 'game' portion. Their fundamental problem still is that they have a list of promises and no overarching plan other than what Croberts decides the flavor d'jour.

Also I can clip out of the back of my pilots head with TrackIR. PC GAMING IS SAVED.

You know how in DCS you can skip the long startup sequence by pressing windows+home? I bet croberts would nix that and I bet poll results on the brown sea would be in favor of no shortcut in the neighborhood of 80%.

Also, PCMR nerds are the worst nerds in the world.

Loiosh posted:

If you're curious, I can answer this from the perspective of someone who is a supported, but got concerned after Derek's reveals in July, but still is hopeful.

I am actually. Being concerned and hopeful is nowhere near the guy I posted though, he thinks it is going to be a revelation.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Beet Wagon posted:

It boggles the mind. Honestly though I don't understand how people say that with any game, let alone SC.

Well good, because the way it is is probably terrible I guess. At least that's what I've been told.

solid contribution.
thanks for saving PC gaming.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Beet Wagon posted:

That is a nice 1.3 cattes.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
PC stands for purring cats.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

SneakyFrog posted:

solid contribution.

No problem! That'll just be 94 million dollars, please.

Mangoose
Dec 11, 2007

Come out with your pants down!
Can you imagine the shitstorm when SC finally crashes and burns and a million white knights start blaming the unbelievers for the failure of the project?

There isn't enough popcorn in the world.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

KiddieGrinder posted:

I want to poke its tongue. :3:

edit: also since that cat is probably under 18, keep it well away from Seraph.

Me too but I just take in the magic moments when her tongue's sticking out. Will be sure to keep my whole household away from seraph.

I've never seen a thread with so many deranged lunatics before. It's really something.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Okay, for someone who's only been barely taking notice of this trainwreck over the past year or so, the person exposing this is the same Derek Smart of Battlecruiser 3000 AD fame, right?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Maxwell Lord posted:

Okay, for someone who's only been barely taking notice of this trainwreck over the past year or so, the person exposing this is the same Derek Smart of Battlecruiser 3000 AD fame, right?

yup

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Sarsapariller posted:

TLDR: CIG is much closer to Cutco than they are to Bernie Madoff.

It's about 50/50, really. The fact that we all know croberts needs to continue raising tens of millions of dollars from new pledges in order to deliver on the 64 million dollars worth of stretch goal promises he already made is extremely Ponziish.

Not that I think croberts intentionally set out to Ponzi people. It just seems to have been an unintended result caused by his incompetence and stupidity.

bird with big dick fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Nov 9, 2015

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I saved PC Gaming once. AMA.

Basically, I don't like to talk about it since I don't like referring to myself as a hero. But essentially I was walking down the street, and old PC gaming was trying to cross it. A truck with the words, DLC, painted on the side almost ran over it, but I pushed PC gaming away (getting hit by the truck itself). That would've been the end of it, but unfortunately a Pay 2 Win was coming from the other direction; so I got up and used the last bit of my disposable income (dont worry I made it all back in the grey market) to push PC gaming to safety.

PC Gaming said thank you and rewarded me by letting me buy into beta-testing and play its games before they are released, polished, completed, or any good.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Okay, follow-up question, at what point do levels of irony become toxic?

(Though I suppose Smart deserves credit for actually releasing a game of sorts.)

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe
I'm ok with pc gaming dying.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Maxwell Lord posted:

(Though I suppose Smart deserves credit for actually releasing a game of sorts.)

I do not think they do. but the :irony: meter has blown up quite a few times in here.

He is fun to watch.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Maxwell Lord posted:

how can a follow up question be rhetorical

Though it got a little toxic with vox day stuff.

Onkel Hedwig
Jun 27, 2007

Mangoose posted:

Can you imagine the shitstorm when SC finally crashes and burns and a million white knights start blaming the unbelievers for the failure of the project?

There isn't enough popcorn in the world.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

noice cattery

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Madcosby posted:

I saved PC Gaming once. AMA.

Basically, I don't like to talk about it since I don't like referring to myself as a hero. But essentially I was walking down the street, and old PC gaming was trying to cross it. A truck with the words, DLC, painted on the side almost ran over it, but I pushed PC gaming away (getting hit by the truck itself). That would've been the end of it, but unfortunately a Pay 2 Win was coming from the other direction; so I got up and used the last bit of my disposable income (dont worry I made it all back in the grey market) to push PC gaming to safety.

PC Gaming said thank you and rewarded me by letting me buy into beta-testing and play its games before they are released, polished, completed, or any good.

I would greenlight this story for a movie if I was a hollywood couple with 90 or so million bucks to burn.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

SneakyFrog posted:

AP fucked around with this message at 17:51 on Nov 9, 2015

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

I kinda wish I couldn't recognize most every single name that pops up on screenies of white knight syndrome here. Between that, and learning which names that I recognize also wound up being creepy fuckers around girls in private convoes, and who seemed only slightly off-kilter in public,...it's honestly doing a drat good job at making me all :smith: about them as human beings.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
Have a CultSperg

Amun Khonsu fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Nov 9, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Amun Khonsu posted: