Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Incombibulator posted:

:gary:!!!SUPER IMPORTANT NEWS!!!:yarg:

:lol:

I realized I had $10 in credit still on my account, and that the cards aren't personalized...

Ordered! It'll either go onto Reddit in six months for three times the cost, or I'll add it to my ever-growing shadowbox of "useless Space Game poo poo".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShiroTheSniper
Mar 19, 2009

I see dead arrows.
Lipstick Apathy
I don't know what a CIG concierge is and I don't want to know. Mainly because I speak French and "concierge" in French is literally "janitor". I like to think that cultists pay top dollars for the privilege to mop the floor of a virtual space station.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

lmao

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Goredema posted:

I realized I had $10 in credit still on my account, and that the cards aren't personalized...

Ordered! It'll either go onto Reddit in six months for three times the cost, or I'll add it to my ever-growing shadowbox of "useless Space Game poo poo".

As long as you're throwing money into a fire, might as well give us a report on the thing when it arrives

in February

:gary: 3 months

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'

ShiroTheSniper posted:

I don't know what a CIG concierge is and I don't want to know. Mainly because I speak French and "concierge" in French is literally "janitor". I like to think that cultists pay top dollars for the privilege to mop the floor of a virtual space station.

they clean up all the cash on the floor and re-stack it; so Roberts can Scrooge McDuck at will

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

G0RF posted:

If CIG were incredibly efficient, they might stand to net decent margins from this. But they're so not that, as AP notes (and as CIG admitted on RtV recently), they're not going to pocket much for the hassle. They're just going to give a steel card that demands loyalty until death from people who have already spent $1000 on space pixels. (As if they haven't demonstrated loyalty enough already.)

Watch a big backer slash their wrists with a sharpened card in a bathtub somewhere. The future of Star Citizen is bright.

edit: I have a star citizen keychain. If I ever feel like doing something stupid I look at it.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

dyzzy posted:

As long as you're throwing money into a fire, might as well give us a report on the thing when it arrives

in February

:gary: 3 months

I was in the same boat as many, in that my refund didn't include any credit on the account. At this point it's all lost money anyway.

I'll make sure to post a "Let's Play Concierge Black Card" when it arrives.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

G0RF posted:

You might have to pull an Ortwin and threaten legal, but in your case, they'd blink before going to court over it. That's NOT a story they want to see catch fire in the gaming press...

Oh man. Now I want someone to file in small claims court for their refund. And I want that case to be picked up by Judge Judy.

[imagine that gif of chris roberts swooshing his hands around here, I couldn't find it]

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Incombibulator posted:

quote:

Please note: The price of this card is to cover production costs and worldwide shipping fees. The images displayed are the prototype version of the card; the text and logo portion of the card will be printed in black on the final product. This is a pre-order; estimated delivery date is February 2016.

Woow. They weren't ripping off their backers enough already with the cards, they really had to save another cent by making them cheap crap. The brown sea threads of people complaining about the poor quality of their sperg cards are going to be great.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
have VIP access to the court hearing with this exclusive proof of consumer fraud card.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
Just had the refund for my last remaining bits hit my bank account.

In reply to those above saying that CIG had said they can't do VD refunds, partial refunds or refunds of gifted items, I've had all three. It seems like whatever your situation is, the refund is never available for the thing that would get you the most money back. How unfortunate!

VD refunds: gently caress you, it was real money paid for in-game items for a game that doesn't exist. gently caress you, give me my money.

Partial refunds: gently caress you, it was for a digital spaceship that you never made for a game that doesn't exist. gently caress you, give me my money.

Gifted Items: gently caress you, it was for a spaceship that I gifted to an alt account and then gifted back. gently caress you, give me my money.

If I went to a store and put money down for some unreleased toy for my niece and gifted her the receipt in lieu of the thing on her birthday and then the thing couldn't be built for some tragic reason a terrible fire at the jpg factory I'm fairly sure that

a) I could get my money back from the store upon presentation of the receipt.
b) there would be no quibble from the store/supplier
c) any attempt to resist refunding would result in a swift arsefucking from the law

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
When I walk up to the club and don't get let in because I'm wearing sweatpants I always make sure to flash out my Limited Edition Star Citizen Concierge credit card to show I mean business.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat
It's because of the crocs more than the sweatpants

Enchanted Hat
Aug 18, 2013

Defeated in Diplomacy under suspicious circumstances

Omi-Polari posted:

When I walk up to the club and don't get let in because I'm wearing sweatpants I always make sure to flash out my Limited Edition Star Citizen Concierge credit card to show I mean business.

I mean, yeah, it's pretty obvious that having this card is going to get you laid, but it's still a dumb thing for them to be selling.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I'm like: Do you know who the gently caress I'm with!? Then I brush the cheetos dust off my shoulders and whip out the card.

"CHRIS ROBERTS OF WING COMMANDER FAME THAT'S WHO BITCH."

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Goredema posted:

I was in the same boat as many, in that my refund didn't include any credit on the account. At this point it's all lost money anyway.

I'll make sure to post a "Let's Play Concierge Black Card" when it arrives.

Thank you for turning your financial loss into our entertainment. Let's hope that CIG doesn't disqualify you for posting this!!!

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Banano posted:

Just had the refund for my last remaining bits hit my bank account.

In reply to those above saying that CIG had said they can't do VD refunds, partial refunds or refunds of gifted items, I've had all three. It seems like whatever your situation is, the refund is never available for the thing that would get you the most money back. How unfortunate!

VD refunds: gently caress you, it was real money paid for in-game items for a game that doesn't exist. gently caress you, give me my money.

Partial refunds: gently caress you, it was for a digital spaceship that you never made for a game that doesn't exist. gently caress you, give me my money.

Gifted Items: gently caress you, it was for a spaceship that I gifted to an alt account and then gifted back. gently caress you, give me my money.

If I went to a store and put money down for some unreleased toy for my niece and gifted her the receipt in lieu of the thing on her birthday and then the thing couldn't be built for some tragic reason a terrible fire at the jpg factory I'm fairly sure that

a) I could get my money back from the store upon presentation of the receipt.
b) there would be no quibble from the store/supplier
c) any attempt to resist refunding would result in a swift arsefucking from the law

This should have been the OP. :)

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Enchanted Hat posted:

I mean, yeah, it's pretty obvious that having this card is going to get you laid, but it's still a dumb thing for them to be selling.

It was a suggestion made awhile back in the Concierge forums. Some of the fans really want to show a crazy amount of support. Accounts reach Concierge access at $1,000 spent, I believe.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Normally I'd expect a gimmick souvenir like this to come as part of the package when you give 1,000 or more to crowdfund a product and the access to social events to be an implicit understanding, but I guess I'm just an enemy of PC gaming :shobon:

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

dyzzy posted:

Normally I'd expect a gimmick souvenir like this to come as part of the package when you give 1,000 or more to crowdfund a product and the access to social events to be an implicit understanding, but I guess I'm just an enemy of PC gaming :shobon:

This is the case. Concierge and Subscribers are emailed if the venue is limited so they have first digs on getting tickets. I believe Subscribers get first digs on tickets, but I don't pay much attention to the convention stuff.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

dyzzy posted:

Look if you didn't pay 10$ for it in addition to the original 1000$+, how would you know it was exclusive?

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Omi-Polari posted:

Membership does have its privileges.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Loiosh posted:

It was a suggestion made awhile back in the Concierge forums. Some of the fans really want to show a crazy amount of support. Accounts reach Concierge access at $1,000 spent, I believe.

Is there a figure on how many people are at this level?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
"Hello I'm here to purchase all of your Doritos Cool Ranch and Mountain Dew Code Red."

"I'm sorry sir we're still out of stock. If you come back tomorrow..."

*flashes concierge card*

"Oh, my apologies Rear Admiral. Please follow me into the VIP section."

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

AP posted:

Found some game play, camping the spawn point.

hahahahaha

SC is so awesome you don't even have to pay to enjoy it.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Typing that made me think of the scene in Spectre where Bond basically does this, and I think it will make a good gif when the dvd/bluray comes out

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Chalks posted:

Not that I've seen. I don't really keep track on the social side. I kinda go through phases of following for awhile, then wait for something new to come out, then follow again for a bit. Right now I'm interested in AC 2.0. Once that's delivered and I've played around a bit, I'll go back to other things (Fallout 4 and MGS V, which I haven't played yet).

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Chalks posted:

I don't know if that's been disclosed or not. With 700000+ backers, it could easily be 10000+ that are VIPs.

Here's some figures, though, if you've wondered what the general demographic breakouts look like.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug
Confirmed: RSI is sponsoring terrorists in the middle east :foxnews:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

The least surprising yet also the most telling

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Goredema posted:

Hey look, its a whale! Everyone point and laugh!

Valatar
Sep 26, 2011

A remarkable example of a pathetic species.
Lipstick Apathy

Omi-Polari posted:

Sir, "sweatpants" aren't supposed to be crotchless.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

dyzzy posted:

The least surprising yet also the most telling

Otherwise they couldn't have this glorious thing: https://www.mainperformancepc.com/product/obutto-gaming-cockpits/obutto-r3volution-gaming-cockpit/

I am totally trying to save for one

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Goredema posted:

I think you know the real purpose of buying that card, you're a goon... and what do we do?

Once the card arrives, you find a printer that can re-produce the card, have a bunch made, and flood the market with them for $5 a piece

: Alternately :

Buy as many as you can afford from the storefront, make sure reddit knows you bought 20-30 for yourself, and see how long they hold out the 'it's a limited stock item'

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 9, 2015

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Loiosh posted:

Otherwise they couldn't have this glorious thing: https://www.mainperformancepc.com/product/obutto-gaming-cockpits/obutto-r3volution-gaming-cockpit/

:nws:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Loiosh posted:

lol does that only support one monitor do they even know their audience

2nd joke attempt:
lol virginity machine

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Madcosby posted:

lol does that only support one monitor do they even know their audience

2nd joke attempt:
lol virginity machine

Following the Star Citizen model, it has Upgrade Packages: https://www.mainperformancepc.com/p...ount-accessory/

Were I a virgin, I would happily lose it to this thing. Trying to build my own was an ego-deflating experience. And then: http://gamechair.net/

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Romes128 posted:

I'm ok with pc gaming dying.

If Paradox ever goes down I'm sure someone will pick up the mantle so there's always going to be PC gaming for me.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

dyzzy posted:

:nws: [spoiler][timg]http://i.imgur.com/YlSEki][/spoiler

you understand spoiler tags dont stop something from being downloaded to your work machine right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

If Paradox ever goes down I'm sure someone will pick up the mantle so there's always going to be PC gaming for me.
Speaking of Paradox, Stellaris popped into my Steam queue the other day and it looks really interesting.

The only thing I'm not liking so far is they seem to be going the micromanagement route with regards to planets, and that just kills 4x games for me. Planetary management is easily the most tedious thing you have to do in those games in my opinion, so why more developers can't take a leaf out of MOO's book (1 not 2) in regards to that is beyond me.

• Locked thread