Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

$95 million down the drain and no one knows where it went because no one at CIG knows how to use Quickbooks :ssh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

They are metal cards, so slightly more difficult to machine gun out of a press, but still. Too many orders, closing down early, but get your order in fast and we'll squeeze it in somehow.

Also, have fun with your bent up metal card if you do anything with it other than immediately clamping it into a lucite collector's case.

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Lovely Senorita posted:

$95 million down the drain and no one knows where it went because no one at CIG knows how to use Quickbooks :ssh:

Or ms word

Ever had chip and pin cards, p much the same

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

XK posted:

They are metal cards, so slightly more difficult to machine gun out of a press, but still. Too many orders, closing down early, but get your order in fast and we'll squeeze it in somehow.

Also, have fun with your bent up metal card if you do anything with it other than immediately clamping it into a lucite collector's case.

Something north of 23% of the cards will come pre-bent

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

theultimo posted:

Ever had chip and pin cards, p much the same

Almost all of the merchants out here don't take chip cards despite them being 'required' as of October 1st. So far I've found one place that had a reader for Chip and Sign that worked.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

MeLKoR posted:

If Paradox ever goes down I'm sure someone will pick up the mantle so there's always going to be PC gaming for me.

Paradox bought the World of Darkness IP off CCP games last week or so.

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Something north of 23% of the cards will come pre-bent

another 15% will sit in an outdoor holding yard for six to eight months

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Lovely Senorita posted:

another 15% will sit in an outdoor holding yard for six to eight months

...where they will rust due to lovely paintjobs

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

...where they will rust due to lovely paintjobs

A patina of rust adds to the authentic Star Citizen feel!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

grimcreaper posted:

Hey look, its a whale! Everyone point and laugh!

Sorry, but most of the $1000 was from buying jpegs and then selling them at a profit. The dirty secret is that half the whales are speculators that made a profit off the other whales.

tl;dr: Don't laugh at me because I'm "a whale", laugh at me because I ever spent money on this mess in the first place.

VVVV Very good point. If I hadn't taken a vow over a year ago to never spend another cent on Star Citizen, I'd buy up a ton of these cards and dump them for sub-:10bux: prices to ruin the sense of entitlement some of the "concierge" seem to have about their stupid, useless gentlemen's club.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Nov 9, 2015

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Goredema posted:

I realized I had $10 in credit still on my account, and that the cards aren't personalized...

Ordered! It'll either go onto Reddit in six months for three times the cost, or I'll add it to my ever-growing shadowbox of "useless Space Game poo poo".

Added bonus you'll be letting plebs into the concierge club like it doesn't mean anything special.

Be sure to let r/starcitizen know about it.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

Jst0rm posted:

you understand spoiler tags dont stop something from being downloaded to your work machine right?

where were you when seraph was posting electric retard

also, :backtowork:

dyzzy fucked around with this message at 23:24 on Nov 9, 2015

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Goredema posted:

VVVV Very good point. If I hadn't taken a vow over a year ago to never spend another cent on Star Citizen, I'd buy up a ton of these cards and dump them for sub-:10bux: prices to ruin the sense of entitlement some of the "concierge" seem to have about their stupid, useless gentlemen's club.

I understand destroying the sense of entitlement, though one can't help but wonder if you could buy them for 10$ then flip them to other idiots for like 15 or something.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Goredema posted:

Sorry, but most of the $1000 was from buying jpegs and then selling them at a profit. The dirty secret is that half the whales are speculators that made a profit off the other whales.

I wonder what the total spent on Star Citizen is, including grey market nonsense

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
Something to help all of the "concerned" citizens that seem to pop up every now and again. This form should make things easier.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

dyzzy posted:

The least surprising yet also the most telling

It's the one silver lining of all this, that the majority of these people will never have children.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
Man, Stardew Valley is a farming sim with a one man dev team and no crowdfunding (he's not even doing preorders), and the game is still closer to completion than SC will ever be.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Jst0rm posted:

you understand spoiler tags dont stop something from being downloaded to your work machine right?

IT Owned. "Hey uh... boss... Jst0rm over there seems to be in the market for dildo chairs. lol. We should probably tell him to stop looking that poo poo up."

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

Apropos of nothing, I'd like to nominate AP as the OP of the eventual new thread.

Bootcha doesn't seem to be interested, Eonwe didn't enjoy it, and Beer4theBeerGod lost that loving feeling (but hopefully is going to brew up some Bitter Tears beer for us).

I think AP would make for excellent moderator.

To wit:

• Authoritative knowledge of the heretical counter narrative of CIG
• Repeatedly evidences concern for the signal-to-noise ratio of a thread
• Tough-minded but generally fair to opponents
• The rapier-sharp wit
• A recent penchant for exploding buggy gifs (always funny)
• Surely willing to wield mod authority more often than our mercurial moderator

I suspect he will decline but I figured I'd throw it out there. This thread has improved in the last few days after a particularly dismal jaunt but I wouldn’t mind seeing a fresh start in the not too distant future.

At this point in time, I can only say so much.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord
lol check out this lazy cat fight

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Bootcha posted:

Hopefully, there will be a point in time at which you'll be at liberty to reveal more.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Bootcha posted:

Understood!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

This is the most :qq: thing ever

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

XK posted:

Thing is, I'm not sure why it's taking them three months or why they have to preorder for a lovely metal card. Also "allow our manufacturer enough bandwidth", it's not like they're uploading JPEGs :wtchris:

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

CrazyTolradi posted:

Thing is, I'm not sure why it's taking them three months or why they have to preorder for a lovely metal card. Also "allow our manufacturer enough bandwidth", it's not like they're uploading JPEGs :wtchris:

It's probably another one of Ortwin's crazy money laundering schemes. That Ortwin is such a crazy coot.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
its too bad nobody here is interested in Albion

we have a lot of people very angry at us for how we've acted in game (and on the forums since the beta ended)

we even have someone pretending to be Leonard J Crabs, and we may even have Medieval Court with Kimsemus involved

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

grimcreaper posted:

IT Owned. "Hey uh... boss... Jst0rm over there seems to be in the market for dildo chairs. lol. We should probably tell him to stop looking that poo poo up."

yeah it would be funny. :) Its on my personal laptop. The work computer isnt on the internet but I dunno what they are looking at via the woreless network. Im sure whatever weird poo poo pops up on my computer isnt the worst that happens.

At any rate if something is nws/nms it should be linked not inline.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
we may even have a Medieval Court, one session of which may determine whether Kimsemus is guilty of goonfucking

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

we have a lot of people very angry at us for how we've acted in game (and on the forums since the beta ended)

we even have someone pretending to be Leonard J Crabs, and we may even have Medieval Court with Kimsemus involved

Everything I know about Albion I have learned from the SC threads so please pardon me if I pass on game based around goons slapfighting over fishing.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Othin posted:

Everything I know about Albion I have learned from the SC threads so please pardon me if I pass on game based around goons slapfighting over fishing.

Star citizen is the only game I need now. I have time for nothing but this thread.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Othin posted:

no thats Archeage you are thinking of

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Eonwe posted:

You should call your clan there goonrathi and let Kimsemus in.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
Refund update:

So I went through my account a bit and found where Patrick made his mistakes. So I sent this letter back to him:

LCL-Dead posted:

Patrick,

While I greatly appreciate your offer, there are some issues I'd like to point out with the transactions you selected.

Order #556776 was not then, nor is now, a $120 package.

Order #998208 was an LTI swap. No money was spent and therefore does not contribute to the overall "money spent" amount. You can double check this yourself.

Order #1356130 was also an LTI swap and does not represent any of the $740 spent on the account. You can verify this yourself on the billing page of my account, where it says "Amount: USD $0.00"

Those three orders alone represnt $255 that you miscounted. My account has a huge and complex history, I don't blame you for that minor mistake. I've spent the last 20 minutes going over every reclaim and gift on it and have been kicking myself in the rear end the entire time.

With that being said, that brings your original $780 down to $535 which, conveniently, leaves us very close to the actual amount I was looking to be refunded. That amount is the cost of the Redeemer Gunship sitting in my Hangar, which I melted everything I had AND added $20 to in order to buy and for the $20 spent on UEC for the various hangar flair items I purchased last year.

It's not much, not nearly $740, which even now I regret spending but it's what I have left and I would like out of this game. I would also like for you to explain to me where in your TOS it states that customers aren't due back their entire expended amount of funds, because I can't find it.

I'd like for that explanation to arrive before my account is closed and I am refunded, please.

Tried to be cordial since I know they're dealing with a ton of poo poo, which was hard given how loving long I've been waiting for a reply from CIG (45+ days), only to receive a "Sorry, you can't get a refund because of X" reply.

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

Eonwe posted:

no thats Archeage you are thinking of

In contrition for my my mistake I looked it up. It looks ok I guess but what does it play like? UO, Warcraft, Total War? Are mobile users an annoyance or do you not even know the difference?

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

You should call your clan there goonrathi and let Kimsemus in.

we talked about it, but we decided against it since its kind of only a one time joke and I never thought Goonrathi was that good of a guild name to begin with

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
if all else fails small claims court.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Eonwe posted:

we talked about it, but we decided against it since its kind of only a one time joke and I never thought Goonrathi was that good of a guild name to begin with

Yeah, they didn't like neither "Team Barbie" nor "Barbie's Dreamhouse".

• Locked thread