Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Have a catte while FO4 unlocks

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

LCL-Dead posted:

Refund update:

So I went through my account a bit and found where Patrick made his mistakes. So I sent this letter back to him:

Tried to be cordial since I know they're dealing with a ton of poo poo, which was hard given how loving long I've been waiting for a reply from CIG (45+ days), only to receive a "Sorry, you can't get a refund because of X" reply.

This is a pretty interesting saga, thanks for keeping us updated.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Othin posted:

In contrition for my my mistake I looked it up. It looks ok I guess but what does it play like? UO, Warcraft, Total War? Are mobile users an annoyance or do you not even know the difference?

Honestly, I wouldn't say the combat is great. Its plays like Diablo II in some ways. The only reason I recommend it is because its full loot and even for a gaming community the people are incredibly thin skinned.

I wouldn't recommend buying in. I'd just wait till launch in early 2016 when it launches F2P, but you can also get into the beta and get some funbux to spend for $30 if you desperately want to.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Daztek posted:

Have a catte while FO4 unlocks

I VPNed this morning before I went to work and played for an hour

it was fun

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Loiosh posted:

You're wrong on both Fallout 4 and GTA V. You can read about FO4's development here: http://www.gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2015/11/06/the-making-of-fallout-4.aspx?PostPageIndex=1
Great, now I'm going to have to put effort into a post.

Hang tight junior, this will take a little while.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
"10 for the Chairman: Episode 69 (hehe)"

It's funny cause it's a sex joke!

It opens with Chris thanking a deeply investor backer for painting space pixels on a trash bag.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 00:33 on Nov 10, 2015

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

G0RF posted:

"10 for the Chairman: Episode 69 (hehe)"

It's funny because it's a sex joke!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

The conceirge cards, much like the Star Citizen space ships, are made with 99.9% unobtainium.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Was the answer a lot of hand waving and 'yes' ?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eonwe posted:

I VPNed this morning before I went to work and played for an hour

it was fun

Steam version?

Othin
Nov 20, 2002

Hair Elf

69! Hooo boy, let me effort post about my plans for the rape mechanic.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

:lol:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

SneakyFrog posted:

Steam version?

all PC versions are Steam, yea

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer
As a side note, this was the last email I received from CIG:

CIG CS Patrick posted:

Hi there

Thanks for your mail and please excuse the rather extreme delay of my reply.

I have checked out our account and have found the following to be non-refundable:

* Pledge ID 728571 - Imperator Prime Pass x1 - $20.00
* Pledge ID 463956 - Centurion Pass x1 - $10.00
* Pledge ID 1525509 - Cutlass + Bonus - LTI - $100.00 - gifted to '[Redacted]'
* Pledge ID 1452003 - $40.00 - gifted to '[Redacted]'
* Pledge ID 1393792 - Anvil Hornet - LTI - $110.00 - gifted to '[Redacted]'
* Pledge ID 1383438 - Weekend Warrior - LTI - $180 - gifted to '[Redacted]'
* Pledge ID 1356130 - Next Generation Aurora - $45.00 - gifted to '[Redacted]'
* Pledge ID 998208 - Digital Colonel - LTI - $155.00 - gifted to '[Redacted]'
* Pledge ID 556776 - Digital Bounty Hunter - LTI - $120.00 - gifted to '[Redacted]'

The above reduce your maximum possible account refund by **$780.00**. Given your account's 'total spend' of **$740.00**, I am not able to offer you a refund.
Note that credits received to your account in form of pledges originating from other accounts cannot, of course, be refunded to you.

In cases such as these, I would offer the exception to return pledges you have gifted away back to you to bolster what we can refund. However, the onus would be on you to contact the receivers of these gifts. They, in turn, have to reach out to us, granting us permission to remove the specific pledge in question.

The problem we have here is that most of your gifts have already been either gifted on or reclaimed for store credits by the recipients and used in other orders, which makes this option impossible.

I am very sorry for the disappointment this may cause you.

Regards
Patrick
Customer Service Manager & Lead Moderator
Cloud Imperium Games

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Eonwe posted:

all PC versions are Steam, yea

What vpn you use?

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

Was the answer a lot of hand waving and 'yes' ?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

LCL-Dead posted:

Please keep doing this, it's the only thing entertaining in the thread aside from the cats

What happened to Ben doing stupid poo poo every 5 minutes for us to laugh at?

:allears:

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Laser etched metal business cards. You can get a little over a thousand for $1.70.

Throw some star citizen art and you could probably make a better VIP card for yourself.

http://metalcards.com/pricing.html

Fake edit* And how pissed would the special snowflakes be if they say peons like us having better looking cards than them? lol

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

LCL-Dead posted:

So are you not able to do a chargeback, because even if not I'd tell them you're starting the process. Other goons seemed to get more scrutiny once they did that.

Turn around time of 4-6 business days plus shipping, we'd better close the pre-orders soon or they'll be overwhelmed!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Oh man that's good.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Tank Boy Ken posted:

"Barbie's Dreamhouse".

If it had been an option at the time I would have voted for it.

iirc the wing commander name tie in was an attempt to pander somewhat to the hysterical eve casualties and persuade them that we weren't all evil monsters from beyond the stars which worked out really well

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

dyzzy posted:

So are you not able to do a chargeback, because even if not I'd tell them you're starting the process. Other goons seemed to get more scrutiny once they did that.

I've emailed paypal support directly on the issue and will see what they say. I've mentioned the fact that I've initiated disputes on the transactions via paypal over my last two emails. I have, though they're not showing up in my "Resolution Center" on paypal and I haven't received the obligatory email from paypal informing me that the accused has replied to the initial dispute email. It's been about a week since I did the first one.

The only step to take after that is to head to the bank with dates and transaction numbers but I'm not 100% certain if they'll even help.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

LCL-Dead posted:

How did you gift more than you spent? :psyduck:

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

OhDearGodNo posted:

How did you gift more than you spent? :psyduck:

He counted ships I received, melted, rebought with LTI and then gifted back to the original owner as me gifting ships outright.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

his hands suck money in.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

LCL-Dead posted:

quote:

In cases such as these, I would offer the exception to return pledges you have gifted away back to you to bolster what we can refund. However, the onus would be on you to contact the receivers of these gifts. They, in turn, have to reach out to us, granting us permission to remove the specific pledge in question.

How convenient that is. For them.

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

LCL-Dead posted:

He counted ships I received, melted, rebought with LTI and then gifted back to the original owner as me gifting ships outright.

What the hell were you even doing? What is this convoluted bull?

Sounds like you are kind of poo poo out of luck. You did give them funds and then you basically told them to give that money to someone else.

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

LCL-Dead posted:

its an enigma wrapped in a riddle etc etc.

how much do you think you're owed?

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

LCL-Dead posted:

I recognize some of those words, but not sure how they all fit together

The fact that you can do any of ^^ that ^^ for a game that doesn't even exist, is part of the problem with the whole grand vision

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

The fact that you can do any of ^^ that ^^ for a game that doesn't even exist, is part of the problem with the whole grand vision

everybody got wrapped up in making money and forgot that they made the refund process tough when you start doing poo poo like that. It was probably the long con from the git.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Sappo569 posted:

Banano posted:

its an enigma wrapped in a riddle etc etc.

how much do you think you're owed?

Sillybones posted:

What the hell were you even doing? What is this convoluted bull?

Sounds like you are kind of poo poo out of luck. You did give them funds and then you basically told them to give that money to someone else.

This was all part of the LTI scare in November of 2013 or 2014 when they said they were going to do away with LTI for good.

You take a ship you don't have LTI for, send it to a OB or VB classed backer, that person melts it down for the funds and re-purchases the ship with LTI on it (Since new accounts couldn't buy LTI at the time but older accounts could) and then send it back to the original person. It doesn't count towards the "amount spent" portion of your billing statement on the CIG website but shows up as a transaction none-the-less.

For each case where Patrick sited one of those transactions, of the dozens on my account, he missed the original gift reclaim by me. So I never spent money and the money I got from reclaiming the gift went right back out within 20 minutes. Therefore being a null value on the "poo poo you paid for and gifted out" list.

This was also back when there were still high hopes for the game.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

so are people just looking at elite dangerous and saying "how can cig copy them without outright copying them?"

lol.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Has anyone dealing with refund stuff dealt with Sandi recently or has she totally bailed on Patrick so that he can act as meat shield for the remaining volleys.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Corporate Accountability posted:

MH: Matt Hanson here and I would like to thank all of you for tuning in to this week's episode of Corporate Accountability. Today we're looking at the latest controversy involving the weapons manufacturer, Joker Industries. For any of our listeners who may not be familiar with the company, Joker has a long standing history of producing personal and ship grade equipment geared towards less-than-lethal or electronic warfare.

MH: Joker Industries has come under fire recently after the failed launch of their latest product, the Class-D Smart Missile. While the missile was pitched as the latest and greatest in interdiction technology, a growing number of accidents have been attributed to the faulty nature of the missile.

MH: We have a special guest on the show with us today. Dr Jennifer Clarke from the Whitley Institute.

JC: Thank you Matt.

MH: Dr Clarke, why don't you tell our listeners what type of work you and your associates do at the Whitley Institute.

JC: Well Matt, the Whitley Institute strives to deliver simple and accurate consumer recommendations for a variety of commercial products. We take a wide range of factors into consideration when evaluating a product, and throughout that process we try to maintain a level of third party oversight into possible misrepresentation or false advertisement of a product.

MH: That's a lot of big words for an institution that is trying to keep things simple.

JC: (laughs)

MH: So basically you and your associates take it upon yourselves to review products, to give consumers an idea of what they are buying into.

JC: That's correct.

MH: Ok, so we brought you here today to talk about the recent controversy with Joker Industries. According to the Empire Business Bureau, there are several reports citing the complete ineffectiveness of the Class-D Smart Missile, as well as outright danger for potential users. Now, you were directly involved in the tests performed on this missile, is that correct?

JC: Yes, I lead the team responsible for testing the missile's targeting and guidance software.

MH: Why don't you tell us a little about your teams findings.

JC: Well let me first state that Joker Industries attempted to make a lot of innovations with this missile that, while in theory sounds great, fell flat during the execution. For example, the Class-D Smart Missile was advertised as a long range interdiction missile that could pursue targets over vast distances. Unfortunately Joker accomplished this by using the same reaction mass for both the missiles fuel and disruption effect. As a result, by the time the missile reaches its target, it has expended so much of its reaction mass that the disruption effect is barely capable of taxing even secondary electronic systems, much less overloading them.

MH: So what your saying is that because the missile uses all its energy getting TO a target, it has no punch once it finally gets there.

JC: Precisely.

MH: You mentioned that Joker attempted to make a lot of innovations with this missile that didn't work well in practice. Do you have an example.

JC: Yes, the Class-D Smart Missile has two frankly incredible pieces of proprietary technology built into it. The first is its Random Alert Noise Transmission, or RANT. RANT is designed to create erroneous signal noise and false missile signatures in an attempt to elude and confuse point defense apertures.

MH: That sounds pretty impressive.

JC: It is. Unfortunately it is quite processor heavy. Because the missile's programming prioritizes RANT, it has few remaining processor cycles remaining to dedicate to its LOD system. LOD, or Lead Object Detail, is the missile's guidance system. It functions by analyzing a target and making continual real time comparison updates to what it sees in the target and what it expects to see in its stored image.

MH: So the bottom line is that Joker had some great ideas, but in their execution they created a missile that just makes a lot of noise and not much else. All bark and no bite.

JC: That is an apt way of putting it.

MH: Well lets be honest here, a corporation releasing a lackluster product is sadly not all that unusual. What does concern us here at Corporate Accountability are the reports of defective missiles that have allegedly caused damage to their operators or their ships. When the first of these reports was filed with the Empire Business Bureau, a representative from Joker Industries went on record stating that the Class-D Smart Missile has been thoroughly vetted by their quality assurance and legal departments, and that these incidents are likely the result of user error.

MH: Dr Clarke, throughout your research, did your team find any evidence that might support these claims.

JC: Well Matt, as I said before, Joker Industries put a lot of engineering into making these missiles. The Class-D Smart Missile is a very complex system. The tests we perform at the Whitley Institute are extremely clinical, in a controlled environment under the supervision of leading technical experts. Throughout the course of our testing, we were unable to produce any unintended results that would indicate an actual defective product. That being said, this missile is far from user friendly, and I would not be surprised to find that field performances deviate from the results we produced in a lab environment.

MH: Well there you have it folks. Sounds like the Class-D Smart Missile is a dud. At this time, Joker Industries representatives have been unavailable for comment, but rest assured, we here at Corporate Accountability will keep you informed as this situation develops. Dr Clarke, I would like to thank you again for coming on the show with me to help shed some light on this particular issue.

JC: Thank you Matt, it was my pleasure.

MH: We have to take a quick station break, but up next we'll be speaking with expert data analyst Greg Moser. Is your mobiGlas spying on you? Stick around to find out!

END TRANSMISSION

Sillybones
Aug 10, 2013

go away,
spooky skeleton,
go away

LCL-Dead posted:

For each case where Patrick sited one of those transactions, of the dozens on my account, he missed the original gift reclaim by me. So I never spent money and the money I got from reclaiming the gift went right back out within 20 minutes. Therefore being a null value on the "poo poo you paid for and gifted out" list.

Ask them really nice you want the dollar amount for what ever is on your account and hope they are generous about it. This poo poo isn't real anyway.

Christ.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Romes128 posted:

so are people just looking at elite dangerous and saying "how can cig copy them without outright copying them?"

lol.

Interdicting or bring interdicted is pretty exciting. But I think that's the case because the rest of the game is a bit drab.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

LCL-Dead posted:

This was all part of the LTI scare in November of 2013 or 2014 when they said they were going to do away with LTI for good.

You take a ship you don't have LTI for, send it to a OB or VB classed backer, that person melts it down for the funds and re-purchases the ship with LTI on it (Since new accounts couldn't buy LTI at the time but older accounts could) and then send it back to the original person. It doesn't count towards the "amount spent" portion of your billing statement on the CIG website but shows up as a transaction none-the-less.

This was also back when there were still high hopes for the game.

I dont understand any of that however cant you look at your cc statement and see how much you paid in and small claims them for that minus the gift stuff you bought?

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

CrazyTolradi posted:

Thing is, I'm not sure why it's taking them three months or why they have to preorder for a lovely metal card. Also "allow our manufacturer enough bandwidth", it's not like they're uploading JPEGs :wtchris:

I assumed their usage of "bandwidth" was a really tortured way of referring to production capacity. Really, though, even if metal cards might be a little harder to produce than plastic credit cards, I'm pretty sure any competent manufacturer's production run on silk screened metal sheets is limited only by the money the customer is paying. Even if it were etched, embossed, and pad printed, you could easily produce millions with people paying $10 a piece.

I'm assuming these cards are aluminum. I actually looked this up: ISO/IEC 7810 Identification cards — Physical characteristics is an international standard that defines the physical characteristics for identification cards. ID-1 standard, which almost all banking cards, identification cards, and driver's licenses adhere to internationally: 85.60 mm * 53.98 mm * 0.76 mm. This is 3.5cc. Aluminum is 2.7 grams per cc. This gives 9.5 grams in a card. Aluminum is currently 70 cents per pound. Each card would contain $0.0146 of metal. Let's say 1.5 cents. I'm completely spit-balling here, but let's quadruple it to 6 cents for high quality rolled sheets, and triple it again to stamp it out and run a press onto it. Those cards are maybe 18 cents a piece to make. Put a 40% manufacturer mark-up on them and they might be paying 25 cents a piece for them. Depending on how they package them, their shipping cost might be a couple bucks on average per recipient.

So, these dumb cards are easily in the neighborhood of $7 pure profit each.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Raskolnikov posted:

Interdicting or bring interdicted is pretty exciting. But I think that's the case because the rest of the game is a bit drab.

the best were the people who got bubbled and never even understood this game mechanic was in play. lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov posted:

hang out in the starting area and kill pubbies.

• Locked thread