Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

cambodian holiday
Sep 4, 2009
C

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

VETERAN MONSTER HUNTER KNOWLEDGE BONUS!

Uriah turned the humanoid-torso into a pile of flesh and blood and bone and it was still regenerating, he put far more hurt on his demon than you did on yours.

You've dealt with a number of regenerating monsters and demons before.  You saw some of the giants demonstrate powers which, had you not caught them entirely by surprise, would probably had been enough for one Gold-Mesh giant to kill you and your Balls, one of them, alone.  And the Ox-Demons seem to be in charge?  You blew away a good chunk of its head and it is still very much alive, you saw part of its head growing back. If that thing recovers for even a moment your almost certainly going to die, you and all of your Balls.  Given the fact it is still yelling, it looks like it has not done recovered.  Yet.  How much time do you have left?

Task Manager
Sep 5, 2008

A weird time in which we are alive. We can travel anywhere we want, even to other planets. And for what? To sit day after day, declining in morale and hope.
Our guy's limbs were "chaotically flailing" when we threw the orb at him - certainly not the precision strikes Uriah's guy tried making on the orb.

Have to hope our arrow through the brain gave him a Mighty Aneurysm, and as soon as the orb stopped the regeneration he was already far too messed up to make a coordinated strike at the orb.

Diog edit: well if Uriah's guy was far more messed up than ours, nice knowing you guys. Again.

Zybourne Clock
Oct 25, 2011

Poke me.
Do we have our spear on us right now, and if so, do we feel confident enough in our ability to throw it straight through the wall that separates us from the ox-demon?

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

C

No time, need to keep the orb safe.

Theglavwen
Jun 10, 2006

Frankly, I don't know anyone who likes Chinese bronzes, but I have one of the finest collections in the country.
Don't vote D guys, why are people doing that?

Our only hope is that this guy has not managed to regenerate. Every moment we spend away gives it more time to smash the orb and/or regenerate. If we get back before it's regenerated, we're okay, we can keep on caving its head in; even if it manages to smash the orb, if it hasn't fully regenerated we can keep mutilating it until Uriah is free and can grab some orbs for us. Stopping to get more orbs, best case scenario, does nothing for us: if it hasn't regenerated, then we're alright either way, if it has, more orbs will be useless. If it has already regenerated, stopping to get more orbs does nothing, if it hasn't, then all that spending thirty seconds to get more orbs does is give it thirty more seconds to recover.

Hasn't regenerated + not getting more orbs: Okay.
Has regenerated + not getting more orbs: Irrelevant
Hasn't regenerated + getting more orbs: Risky.
Has regenerated + getting more orbs: Irrelevant.

Cat Wings
Oct 12, 2012

C!!!!

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.
Yeah ok my bad, changing from D to C.

Rahul
Dec 10, 2004

It's a gamble either way. I think I'm leaning towards C for now.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
quick count says C - 28 to D - 9, no other votes I think.

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

C

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:
If we survive this we should get a handful of orbs and keep them for exactly the off chance we get in this position again.

Hot Dog Day 80
Jun 23, 2003

Diogines posted:

Slightly, yes.

Every second counts, we should use our wings imo

Balder
Apr 3, 2011
C

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

D

SerSpook
Feb 13, 2012

Hot Dog Day 80 posted:

Every second counts, we should use our wings imo

Agreed

Vavrek
Mar 2, 2013

I like your style hombre, but this is no laughing matter. Assault on a police officer. Theft of police property. Illegal possession of a firearm. FIVE counts of attempted murder. That comes to... 29 dollars and 40 cents. Cash, cheque, or credit card?

Zybourne Clock posted:

Do we have our spear on us right now, and if so, do we feel confident enough in our ability to throw it straight through the wall that separates us from the ox-demon?

If only we were actually Narod.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
There are six plausible scenarios here.

1: We run over to our demon and it hasn't regenerated.
We keep beating it up until it's fully in the orb: We Win.

2: We run over to it and it is regenerating!
We stop it in time by beating it senseless and using the necklace against it: We Win.

3: We run over to it and its fully regenerated
We die: We lose.

4: We get the pokéballs and it hasn't regenerated.
We beat it even faster and can help Uriah out. : We Win.

5: We get the pokéballs and it's almost finished regenerating!
We might be able to beat it, and if we do, great! : We might win.

6: We get the pokéballs but it has fully regenerated!
We can't kill it and we die. : We lose.

Out of these, option C, run over there and kill it now wins two times out of three for sure instead of only one time out of three for sure as with plan pokéball.
Erring on the side of caution I think C is the best vote.

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
I think that's an okay breakdown. But I'm going for D because I'm worried we can't fight it long enough for Uriah to finish his if the necklace got smashed. Which is its own branching set of scenarios from a couple of the ones you posted.

That said I'm fine with C winning as it is. If we can disable its arms and legs we'll do a lot better since we won't be getting pummeled.

Diogines
Dec 22, 2007

Beaky the Tortoise says, click here to join our choose Your Own Adventure Game!

Paradise Lost: Clash of the Heavens!

Zybourne Clock posted:

You have your club and bow.

Also, you are ridiculously overestimating your strength if you think you can throw a spear through:

1. The wall of this room and then
2. Two walls to Gebeb's chamber

Even if you had the strength, the spear would not survive.

Vavrek posted:

If only we were actually Narod.
Alas! You are not.

There Bias Two
Jan 13, 2009
I'm not a good person

Also supporting using wings to give ourselves a few seconds extra

C

Diog, where is the orb storage room in relation to the giants' rooms?

HBar
Sep 13, 2007

C, use wings

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
C no wings

OrangeOrbit
Apr 27, 2008
Fun Shoe
Adding to my previous C vote, use wings.

Waci
May 30, 2011

A boy and his dog.
C, with wings.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
C with wings.

Swedish Thaumocracy
Jul 11, 2006

Strength of >800 Men
Honor of 0
Grimey Drawer
Adding wings to my vote.

:angel:

Mexican Deathgasm
Aug 17, 2010

Ramrod XTreme
Adding wings to my C vote.

Dammerung
Oct 17, 2008

"Dang, that's hot."

C, with wings. Let's get back there and finish the fight!

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
C with wings

So far so good!

Cornuto
Jun 26, 2012

For the pack!
+1 Wings. (If it'll help)

Jester Mcgee
Mar 28, 2010

A lot of things have happened to me over my life.

C, and fly, Enkidel!

Jesus is colourblin
Apr 13, 2008

Being colourblind ain't easy :(
C with wings

Slightly Lions
Apr 13, 2009

Look what I can do!
C + wings

Zahrkon
Apr 2, 2010
Switch from D to C , use wings and make cawing noises as we run down the the hallway.

Ralith
Jan 12, 2011

I see a ship in the harbor
I can and shall obey
But if it wasn't for your misfortune
I'd be a heavenly person today
+1 to cawing noises

Ceramic Shot
Dec 21, 2006

The stars aren't in the right places.
C with wings AND and also prep a bronze arrow to save even a little more time.

Affi
Dec 18, 2005

Break bread wit the enemy

X GON GIVE IT TO YA
D

Is the right call.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!
Now I'm really hoping that if things go south here Uriah doesn't do the thing when he died.