Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

VulgarandStupid posted:

Am I supposed to be looting everything?

Yes. Outside of maybe focusing on higher-tier rarities like aluminum and adhesives there is no reason not to leave every dungeon with 210 weight and a weighted-down companion since you can just shove all the junk into a workbench.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

NecroMonster posted:

none of this has anything to do with the engine and everything to do with bethesda's lovely lovely game design and writing

Also playing on a baby difficulty level.

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

i am excite to play

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

strong bird posted:

this game is insanely bad.

A compelling argument, allow me to think on itFAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAART

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Yes. Outside of maybe focusing on higher-tier rarities like aluminum and adhesives there is no reason not to leave every dungeon with 210 weight and a weighted-down companion since you can just shove all the junk into a workbench.

Hell I did that in the other games even when there wasn't as much of a practical reason to.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

i dont think i even have to tell you all that this game is bad any more. the game tells you for me. i am defeated

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

I'm kinda pissed off that they wasted time and money adding in Shadow options for a game that doesn't have any shadows.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Fonzarelli posted:

I tried to make myself but I have red hair and black eyebrows and it won't let me have different coloured eyebrows

this guy looks nothing like me, the red eyebrowed freak, somebody mod this poo poo in

I have a similar problem where my hair is dark blond and my facial hair bright yellow. :argh:

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Magmarashi posted:

I'm kinda pissed off that they wasted time and money adding in Shadow options for a game that doesn't have any shadows.

There are shadows on the PC version of the game. The consoles were (assumedly) unable to run them and they are removed from those versions.

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

Your Computer posted:

Is there a place to check where/if the game is released? I want to go online again in Steam but I don't want to accidentally lock my game :downs:

Go to steam through a browser instead. It give you the countdown there too.

Yaws
Oct 23, 2013

strong bird posted:

i dont think i even have to tell you all that this game is bad any more. the game tells you for me. i am defeated

Thank you for not posting anymore

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Just ran into something I can't seem to fix. I was messing around in the console commands and put str 10. It made my character invisible. I can't undo it. Even reloading doesn't work. Any idea how to fix?

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Despite getting the VPN working, it was literally showing it would take loving forever to unlock the game files. Not worth it. I'll just play it tomorrow night.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BAILOUT MCQUACK! posted:

Go to steam through a browser instead. It give you the countdown there too.

It just says "Buy Fallout 4" so I guess I'm in the clear?

e: it's past 2 am and I think that's when it was supposed to come out.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Spikeguy posted:

Just ran into something I can't seem to fix. I was messing around in the console commands and put str 10. It made my character invisible. I can't undo it. Even reloading doesn't work. Any idea how to fix?

Strong like

homullus
Mar 27, 2009

Handsome Ralph posted:

Despite getting the VPN working, it was literally showing it would take loving forever to unlock the game files. Not worth it. I'll just play it tomorrow night.

Use tonight to get all the things done that you'd actually feel bad you didn't do the next few nights.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

yanthrax posted:

Mine was delivered to my significant other's house today and she just read the code off for me over Skype

What does it download from? Bethesda?

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nigulus Rex posted:

Awesome, thanks. I was going for a high Agi/Perception/luck build for stealth snipes like I normally do. There are so many ranks of skills looking in that calc you sent that it's interesting you can also use points on SPECIAL but I don't know if that's even worth it.

remember you also get a +1 bobblehead for each stat, plus a book that gives you a bonus point to a stat of your choice. just keep in mind some of the bobbleheads are found later in the game, so don't put off an essential perk in your build as one you can just get once you unlock it with a bobblehead.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Spikeguy posted:

don't cheat.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

I'm playing on Very Hard and it feels like every piece of armor is made of wet tissue paper and all of my guns shoot a mildly abrasive breeze in the approximate direction that I'm aiming.

Basically, it's Fallout. Yep. Love it.

Morbleu
Jun 13, 2006

Volkerball posted:

remember you also get a +1 bobblehead for each stat, plus a book that gives you a bonus point to a stat of your choice. just keep in mind some of the bobbleheads are found later in the game, so don't put off an essential perk in your build as one you can just get once you unlock it with a bobblehead.

For what it's worth I'm going to run:

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=72.8.4.7.6

Carry weight blows but gently caress it. I get all my sniper perks available immediately.

EDIT: The only thing I may want later is another point in INT for scrapper.

strong bird
May 12, 2009

this about sums it all up for me. dont click if you are somehow engrossed in the story of fallout 3 II. dont click it

https://u.pomf.io/oauyld.webm

graynull
Dec 2, 2005

Did I misread all the signs?
Has a SPECIAL stat cap been confirmed yet? The 10 END perk would suggest there isn't a cap on the effects stats give since it would be almost totally worthless if it worked that way.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Spikeguy posted:

Figured out a fix in case it happens to anyone else. I turned the game off to desktop then reloaded it. I was concerned because reloading new saves and even creating a new game didn't take care of the issue. Buck backing out to the desktop and restarting did the trick.

yanthrax
Oct 18, 2004

straight in wit da barney rubble ridin spinnaz

CainFortea posted:

What does it download from? Bethesda?

Steam. Does Bethesda actually have their own content delivery platform?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

graynull posted:

Has a SPECIAL stat cap been confirmed yet? The 10 END perk would suggest there isn't a cap on the effects stats give since it would be almost totally worthless if it worked that way.

You can go above 10 with equipment and chems. I'm not sure if Bobbleheads allow you to.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

yanthrax posted:

Steam. Does Bethesda actually have their own content delivery platform?

No clue. Didn't think so, but I wanted to double check.

Anita Dickinme
Jan 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
HATE NEWSPAPERS

Icept
Jul 11, 2001

strong bird posted:

this about sums it all up for me. dont click if you are somehow engrossed in the story of fallout 3 II. dont click it

The most retarded creation in Todd Howard's Fallout 3 walks again...

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

strong bird posted:

idgi

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

~trolling~

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Nigulus Rex posted:

For what it's worth I'm going to run:

http://www.nukahub.com/tools/special?build=72.8.4.7.6

Carry weight blows but gently caress it. I get all my sniper perks available immediately.

EDIT: The only thing I may want later is another point in INT for scrapper.

you should really try to squeeze in lifegiver and science! imo, at least with your +1. high tech mods for a sniper will be important, and lifegiver will help you out if you ever end up in close combat, since your endurance and hp are poo poo poo poo poo poo.

Volkerball fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Nov 10, 2015

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

See he stepped wrong, thats the thing. Gets ya all smug looking at it, if you squint JUST right.

dd209
Sep 21, 2015

So this just randomly happened after I talked to Codsworth and was explring the next-door house. Completely unable to get rid of it.

gg Todd

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

dd209 posted:

So this just randomly happened after I talked to Codsworth and was explring the next-door house. Completely unable to get rid of it.

gg Todd

like you're living some kind of impressionist painting. Keep it going and experience the art of videogames.

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

does anybody know if i can run this on my system

SPECS

Xbox ONE
32 mb of esram
500 gb hdd
blu ray player
hdmi in

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

ethanol posted:

does anybody know if i can run this on my system

SPECS

Xbox ONE

that's a negatory

Magmarashi
May 20, 2009

dd209 posted:

gg Todd

RIP your card

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

dd209 posted:

gg Todd

nice graphics card, it would be a shame if something happened to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psychotic Weasel
Jun 24, 2004

Bang! You're dead.
All Hail Todd The Destroyer.

• Locked thread