Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
A most excellent Great Dane! What a companion for a child.
http://pix11.com/2015/11/09/great-dane-lends-a-paw-to-help-little-girl-to-walk-again/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

USMC503
Jan 15, 2012

For satisfactory performance while under the effects of hostile enemy alcohol.

That's not just a good dog. That's a very good dog.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

From the cute thread

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Sorry just had my bi-daily "I loving love this thing it's the cutest god drat thing ever this thing is my life all dogs are amazing everyone needs a dog" epiphany. So I took this after I gave him a pig ear.

Also a friends beautiful younger sister just conveniently messaged me to get the pups together, owns a 1 year old black cocker and is in a disseminating relationship in the same city :getin:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Nov 10, 2015

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Every day I check this thread for pro dogs (all of them) and I send a dog of the day email to my entire family. I just realized this thread has turned me into a holy-poo poo-another-email-from-dad dad. I get it. I get everything bad-email grandma was trying to do. I never understood until now. I have to share all of these dogs. They don't understand...I'll show them. I'll show all of them... the dogs.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!
Share less, pet more. All are happy.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Every day I check this thread for pro dogs (all of them) and I send a dog of the day email to my entire family. I just realized this thread has turned me into a holy-poo poo-another-email-from-dad dad. I get it. I get everything bad-email grandma was trying to do. I never understood until now. I have to share all of these dogs. They don't understand...I'll show them. I'll show all of them... the dogs.
You're a good dad.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Is this the thread for belly rubs?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

My mom always sends me dumb viral chain emails but I don't mind when it's the generic cute pup pics from the Internet 2007

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Someone say belly rub? :shittydog:

Aweeee yis

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

Some outstanding doggin going on on this page, and all pages

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Sophie is helping keep the sheets on the bed.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
https://twitter.com/girlhoodposts/status/663916985584062464

It's like I said, Weiner dogs are lethal

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

A friend of mine recently posted this particular picture of his dogge. Looks like a good dogge to me.

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I don't even need to look at the picture to know that it's a good dog because all dogs are good dogs.

mattfl
Aug 27, 2004

Lazy dogge thinks he's human sleeping on the couch.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
My girlfriend thinks it's great fun to turn my dogge into a hipster

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer
Reggie wants to know why all these dogs are sleeping when they could be out playing???

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Because :dogge:

Friends dog

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
I'm here for the Roscoe pics.

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave
Jan 9, 2006

Popping up from out of nowhere...

holocaust bloopers posted:

I'm here for the Roscoe pics.

While I respect it, I did post Timothy and Zipper last night and you didn't say shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Wise Fwom Yo Gwave posted:

While I respect it, I did post Timothy and Zipper last night and you didn't say shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Oh, I see and appreciate all posts. I just don't reply much.

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!
All dogges are good dogges. As a corollary, all dogge pics are good dogge pics. Therefore, post all dogges and dogge pics.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

Naked Bear posted:

All dogges are good dogges. As a corollary, all dogge pics are good dogge pics. Therefore, post all dogges and dogge pics.

Concur

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

Never sleep. Only chase sticks/frisbees.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Weltlich
Feb 13, 2006
Grimey Drawer

YES. A FINE STICK.

echomadman
Aug 24, 2004

Nap Ghost
My cousins awesome dogs

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

I need to quit forgetting the GoPro I've yet to use. He's hilarious in water because at any depth he just rabbit hops instead of running.

Today was great. There was a low tide and tons of small pools of water in an area all to ourselves. Uses the water disc to throw it across back and forth and watch his happy rear end prance through. Not that I have any idea what I'm doing; but if he couldn't find it I'd try to guide him with hand signals and verbal directions. Seemed to almost work. Kind of want to put time into it akin to using a cocker to flush low brush or find game.

I'm still working on the fetch. We started from scratch so it's going well I'd say. He'll fetch it and generally come back to me. But then he's a bit hesitant to give it up. He doesn't fight me per-se and I don't aggressively chase him etc like we're playing. Sometimes he'll just look at me and walk the other way which I take as his sign of being ready to go. Drop also works 25% of the time and seems to be working more so that's good. Need to really hunker down and implement treats and a proper regiment. I'm a bit torn as I want him to be relatively obedient but I also don't want him to just wallow all his emotions inside and become a characterless dog

Boy he does have energy but does he poop out fast #justpuppythings

Welp that's all thanks for reading :tipshat:

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 02:27 on Nov 11, 2015

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

Nostalgia4Dicks posted:

Today was great. There was a low tide and tons of small pools of water in an area all to ourselves. Uses the water disc to throw it across back and forth and watch his happy rear end prance through. Not that I have any idea what I'm doing; but if he couldn't find it I'd try to guide him with hand signals and verbal directions. Seemed to almost work. Kind of want to put time into it akin to using a cocker to flush low brush or find game.

My folks used to have a cocker that developed bad cataracts at age 3 and became effectively blind. She still loved to fetch and we trained to her play "hot and cold." She'd go looking for her toy and we'd go "nononono" until she started moving in the right direction when start saying, "yesyesyes" in a crescendo as she got closer to the toy and back to "nononono" when she drifted away from it. She picked it up pretty quickly.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Guess I could do something like that. Maybe try to use directions more in day to day poo poo. I try to when I remember and we're walking or running when I want him on the other side. Things like that. Nothing fancy: right, left, straight. Then use nonono if he goes the wrong way

I'm about to go to the vet one of these days throw them a bunch of money and tell the vet to test for everything under the sun. I know cataracts is common in them. Plus the who inbred thing (but what dogs aren't?)

I asked my vet about it and she said while it does increase the chance of issues it's nowhere like it is in humans where there's high risk factors, born without limbs, etc.

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 03:13 on Nov 11, 2015

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

http://youtu.be/tKOsMRG1qnY

Like this, maybe a bit less animated. No whistle though.

http://youtu.be/Tf4ettOy_Qs

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8yN5fivBt8

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That's my dog after I buy him a new expensive bed

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Poignant

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

Ba-dam ba-DUMMMMMM

^^^so much poignancy that the tables can't contain it^^^

Also, check out this good dog:

And this is actually true.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

That is so loving amazing holy poo poo

Literally cocker spaniel terrain. Also saw him do his first point. I don't know if he was just on standby real quick for me to give a command or saw a bird. I messed around throwing it and if he couldn't find it trying to guide him to it. Once he got it though he usually just casually walked off to just chill under some shade

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Dog has a better education than most of something awful.

Also on the fetch thing, spend some time at home to teach your dog a command to leave something alone. Sometimes people split dropping things and leaving things into two different commands, but just "leave it" has been sufficient with dakota for both. I made training treats to teach him (boiled chicken breast and dog food mixed up in a food processor). He understands now that if he has a toy, even if it's something we're playing tug o war with, and I tell him to leave it he immediately drops it. This is also how I started with balancing treats on his nose and such.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Seems basic and straightforward enough. I just need to decide on specific commands and stick to it. Like I can't decide if I should say lay down or wait if I want him to stay somewhere very temporarily.

Most importantly I think I really need to iron out "heel" and "stop" In case he's running off into the street or getting too aggressive

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Nov 12, 2015