Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

yogizh posted:

It is amazing how Def Jam is able to sign people like Logic and Bieber at the same time.

They just need to bring Slayer back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o

Yuzenn posted:

He's really talented, and the track I posted before with him and Royce is primo Logic rapping. His album will be good and I will cop it...I just have one complaint on him and it's that he can only rap at one speed and it's really hampering the types of beats and songs he can be on. He will go so much farther if he can slow down his flow and speed it back up if needed but right now it's all rappityrapping speed.

I've still got lots of love for Young Sinatra: Undeniable but this is exactly why it is hard for me to get excited about anything new from him. He always has solid production and he can definitely loving rap though.

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah

this_is_hard posted:

@youngthug: It's ok to ride a nigga dick, but don't agitate another one lil nigga

He's talking to Metro Boomin about Future, after MB insinuated Future's music this year is of higher quality [than young thugs]

twitter posted:

A nigga music couldn't ever sound nowhere near mines.... ((IM MICHEAL)) he's ((TITO))
Link

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

7 RING SHRIMP fucked around with this message at 23:49 on Nov 10, 2015

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Young Xenakis

novamute
Jul 5, 2006

o o o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLNI5JgNI6w

Basement Musik 3 is solid Simmie

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

New Jeezy album Friday, looking forward to Ross' new album too. Good year

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

4 RING SHRIMP posted:

New Jeezy album Friday, looking forward to Ross' new album too. Good year

This is probably the best year in Rap since when? like 2010?

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

Rap game charlie kelly

Tolkien minority
Feb 14, 2012

holy poo poo

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Young thug rap prodigy lean genius

HoneyBoy
Oct 12, 2012

get murked son
rap game Richard D James

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
so when young thug performs live are they showing the abstract pictures and symbols that he translates into the song via some sort of telepromptor device or does he just make up some new symbols on the spot?

on the real though he's more like miles "ill play it first and tell you what it is later" davis type

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction

novamute posted:

I've still got lots of love for Young Sinatra: Undeniable but this is exactly why it is hard for me to get excited about anything new from him. He always has solid production and he can definitely loving rap though.

He's real young and will adapt accordingly but I hear what you are saying. I like to rap along to a lot of my songs and even on features i'm like nope, i'll just nod my head to this portion right here......

And even in what Professor Funk posted I still think that while he isn't rappityrapping I think he's still outpacing the beat/song a bit. He's alright in Nasty but in Young Sinatra III it's hard to decipher where bars end, punches hit, and then new bars begin. I wouldn't be so critical but the way Big L rapped on that Miilkbone beat was my first rap track I had ever heard and made me fall in love with the art. I'm not trying to say Logic is Big L nice but if you listen to how L raps on the beat he takes time to enunciate his bars and make sure to have pauses where they should be to allow the listener to absorb the depth of the bar.

He's so skilled though, I think he just is trying to show how good he is but his listenability takes a hit every now and again.

asap-salafi
May 5, 2012

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Insanely Sikh
Aug 26, 2009

Winner, SA's Sikh Of the Year, 2013

'Why do black people gotta be the only ones who can't evolve' is my favourite lyric of all time

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ6QylmIYDw&hd=1

Kenshin
Jan 10, 2007

oh dear

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

HorseRenoir
Dec 25, 2011

Pillbug
Just got around to the new Goldlink album and it's nice. I think I prefer the mixtape a little better but it's still really good

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Professor Funk posted:

I just realized that incredible true story by logic comes out in a few days. I wouldnt be surprised if this thread wasn't a huge fan of him, but he can rap his rear end off. im excited about it.

here are the singles he's released

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wutz9UJiJ48

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Jb6XBmE7VI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf7nGBJOR9I

i will definitely be listening to this album this is all great

bef
Mar 2, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo

HoneyBoy posted:

rap game Richard D James

Lol

I'm ok w/ Boomin belittling thugs performance this year so he can hopefully up his game on those godly beats

THNDRTHF
Apr 14, 2004

so much for
bein' optimistic

Marching Powder posted:

i will definitely be listening to this album this is all great

he kills it man - i can't wait to hear it

Besson
Apr 20, 2006

To the sun's savage brightness he exposed the dark and secret surface of his retinas, so that by burning the memory of vengeance might be preserved, and never perish.

I think this is actually evidence of why he is such a creative force. Noz explains here why Thug's flow is so unique, but he also quotes Saafir's comments on shapes and rap flow:

quote:

I see images in my head and I copy them in rhymes… getting concepts from humor and pain. It’s all about imagination: slow it down like a washing machine or speed it up to a spiral. I’m not going to follow a pattern off a beat, i’m not gonna follow a pattern off a beat, I’m gonna follow a pattern off my mind… like the way Volume 10 does. You can’t catch his patterns at all. That’s how you know a rhymer is a titan.”

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
I listened to logic's last album (i guess?) - under pressure - today. this is right up my alley! no features he just raps his rear end off for like 60 min

edit: now that i listen to it again yuzenn was pretty spot on with his critique above. still really enjoying on 2nd listen. Didnt realize this is his debut album.

Ok whats his best mixtape?

thathonkey fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Nov 11, 2015

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

Well future and thug are trading shots over the metro comments soooooo pick a side.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Im gonna have to side with metro. He's never led me astray. Except when i found out he isnt even from atlanta :colbert:

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

RBX posted:

Well future and thug are trading shots over the metro comments soooooo pick a side.

Is it too late for Meek Mill to get involved?

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

monkeu posted:

Is it too late for Meek Mill to get involved?

You mean Weak mill? The dude currently buried under 6 feet of champagne papi disses?

:rip:

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

thathonkey posted:

You mean Weak mill? The dude currently buried under 6 feet of champagne papi disses?

:rip:

I don't care who you are, the name "champagne papi" is dumb as poo poo. Like I read it and my eyes rolls hard enough to detach my retinas. I'm blind as I'm typing this.

Yuzenn
Mar 31, 2011

Be weary when you see oppression disguised as progression

The Spirit told me to use discernment and a Smith n Wesson at my discretion

Practice heavy self reflection, avoid self deception
If you lost, get re-direction
http://www.complex.com/music/2015/11/pusha-t-new-song-preview-untouchable

This album is going to be the loving flyest

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

:drat:

last thing I recall reading it sounded like the album wouldnt make it out this year but there's still hope :pray:

GentlemanBrofro posted:

I don't care who you are, the name "GentlemanBrofro" is dumb as poo poo. Like I read it and my eyes rolls hard enough to detach my retinas. I'm blind as I'm typing this.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

*reads the lyrics instead of hearing music*

Wow Kanye and GOOD music continue to change the game!!

GentlemanBrofro
Mar 9, 2011

by Lowtax

I agree but I don't poo poo gold bars and forking over cash to change a user is dumb as hell. Someone bought all that poo poo on the left, not me.

ol yeller
Feb 20, 2015

RBX posted:

poo poo

Good Will Hrunting
Oct 8, 2012

I changed my mind.
I'm not sorry.
New Future track? https://soundcloud.com/futureisnow/last-breath-prod-by-metro-boomin-ludwig-goransson-from-the-motion-picture-soundtrack-creed

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

it's ok bruh he didn't mean literal bullets

Wezlar
May 13, 2005

Forming team Hendrix over here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Wezlar posted: