Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Morning all, I'll ease off on the joke votes if that eases people's minds.

No way give us more

##vote MMG

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bifauxnen posted:

So guys, doors Kashuno usually not like meta?

I yelled at Kash in a previous game for trying to rely too hard on meta reads, if that helps!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

EXAKT Science posted:

Are you still talking about Kash, birb?

I was.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Nobody, and I mean nobody, calls me coward

##vote EXAKT

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Nobody, and I mean nobody, calls me coward

##vote EXAKT

:getin:

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Good to see you aren't holding back this time, MMG. I didn't get to call you a coward in Archerfia :D

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I'll talk shop with you, Taste. When I get home from work in like 45 minutes. It'll be p. cool. Also somebody else asked me about cases or something. That'll be awright.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Morning all, I'll ease off on the joke votes if that eases people's minds.

It does not.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CCKeane posted:

It does not.

Great, because I want to get a vote in on every player before D1 is through.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Podima posted:

I yelled at Kash in a previous game for trying to rely too hard on meta reads, if that helps!

I do what I want

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

I'll talk shop with you, Taste. When I get home from work in like 45 minutes. It'll be p. cool. Also somebody else asked me about cases or something. That'll be awright.

Sounds good!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

EXAKT Science posted:

There have been at least a couple real cases made so far, Kash.

Can you point me to one maybe?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

Can you point me to one maybe?

Well there's this one, which I already asked you about and which you ignored:

EXAKT Science posted:

Hey everybody I think Vimes is a scum for real

EXAKT Science posted:

The way that he responds to my joke vote comes off way more self-conscious than I would expect from town, especially as early in the game as my vote was.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey Mafia game room peeps, you're all more experienced than me I'm sure so what are we meant to go on on Day 1 aside from meta and joke votes? It seems the easiest way for scum to slide through on Day 1 is to lurk, especially since the post count function is broken.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I forgot about this game.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
MMG what do you think is the scummiest thing so far? You've had a few votes on you, surely you have opinions on those.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
btw, glad your feeling better kash.
hugs and kisses from mom
##vote kashuno

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

imgay posted:

btw, glad your feeling better kash.
hugs and kisses from mom
##vote kashuno

I feel like death and my mom has no physical form.

EXAKT Science posted:

Well there's this one, which I already asked you about and which you ignored:

I just reread the exchange like 5 times trying to see where you were getting this from and didn't get it sorry

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kashuno posted:

I feel like death and my mom has no physical form.

I just reread the exchange like 5 times trying to see where you were getting this from and didn't get it sorry

Bif pretty much nailed it earlier. My initial vote based on the "scumslip" was a joke, and Vimes took it really seriously

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I mean I guess maybe? It's as good as anything else on d1 but I'm not feeling it at all

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

MMG what do you think is the scummiest thing so far? You've had a few votes on you, surely you have opinions on those.

Kash's vote on me seemed pretty suss, especially since I'd implied I was out of the thread until the morning. Podima falls into this case too, but Kashuno pushed harder.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

merk posted:

This game didn't forget about you.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

merk posted:

same

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Am I still alive? If so, I will read the thread.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
Bookmark the thread then.

merk posted:

Am I still alive? If so, I will read the thread.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Hi Taste. Where are you?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm in the living room. I'm excited to see my hockey team play again tonight.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

That's cool, what's your team? Also, what's this shop you were talking about?

As for me I'm about to eat chicken tenders and drink a bunch of water because I have a headache. Tomorrow I'm going fishing though, so that'll be cool.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.
So, of the three votes on the vote leader two of them are jokes?

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Ixtlilton posted:

That's cool, what's your team? Also, what's this shop you were talking about?

As for me I'm about to eat chicken tenders and drink a bunch of water because I have a headache. Tomorrow I'm going fishing though, so that'll be cool.

Sorry I didn't reply to you earlier Ixt. Glad to hear things are going so well for you.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ixtlilton posted:

That's cool, what's your team?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGtZCJEaWv0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XIcs_dkrNbg

quote:

Also, what's this shop you were talking about?

I guess it has to be gamestop to stay on theme

quote:

That ought to be nice. Lake Michigan, iirc?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So, of the three votes on the vote leader two of them are jokes?

I mean, it's D1

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

EXAKT Science posted:

Bif pretty much nailed it earlier. My initial vote based on the "scumslip" was a joke, and Vimes took it really seriously

Can you show me the quotes where he took it really seriously? and how they are a scum reaction? Because I'm not seeing it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

I mean, it's D1

Sure, but I'm trying to figure out where to start reading, so I started with the vote leader only to find out it was a waste of time.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you show me the quotes where he took it really seriously? and how they are a scum reaction? Because I'm not seeing it.

you aren't gonna find a lock-tight scumslip d1 but I found the reaction strange too. I read the first 8 pages at once and came out of it with that most in mind

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

you aren't gonna find a lock-tight scumslip d1 but I found the reaction strange too. I read the first 8 pages at once and came out of it with that most in mind

Except that isn't Exakt's case. His case is on SSV's reaction, not on a supposed scum slip. What bit of his reaction stands out to you?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Michigan has a ton of lakes and Lake Michigan is on the other side of the state from me, but it's a lake in Michigan, so you're very close!

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Except that isn't Exakt's case. His case is on SSV's reaction, not on a supposed scum slip. What bit of his reaction stands out to you?

I know, I'm saying it's unrealistic to look for a clear scum tell this early. As for what stood out to me, it's starting here: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3750252&userid=139018#post452540272

It's a weird shift in tone relative to the discussion, and almost like he's trying to project being totally calm and collected about something that really wasn't a thing to begin with. It's just weird and I don't see town responding like that.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also Sam is being very nonverbose, it's much easier to write for scum with fewer words because more words can be a bad thing if you're a scum man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Succinct? Terse? Yeah, terse.

• Locked thread