Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Final JJ Trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3UYWK2jeX0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

Booze booze booze, man, this is going to be a fun show to drink to.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Here's another glowing review of the first seven.

buddhanc
Feb 16, 2010

Looks fantastic. And that song is great too.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!
THR review, first I've seen from a major US outlet (not counting MTV):

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/review/marvels-jessica-jones-tv-review-837896

I Love Loosies
Jan 4, 2013

What's with all the exit signs? There were a bunch in Daredevil and now this trailer.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I just read the last 5 pages, i feel like i'm owed something.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

The latest trailer deflated me a bunch, but I'm really hoping it was just because of awkward editing and not indicative of the show itself.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

mind the walrus posted:

The latest trailer deflated me a bunch, but I'm really hoping it was just because of awkward editing and not indicative of the show itself.

You already know it's not likely indicative of the show itself.

And that trailer did an okay job of explaining the basic premise, it just didn't set the previous tone the other trailers did.

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Drifter posted:

You already know it's not likely indicative of the show itself.

Actually I don't. A lot of the footage of Ritter quipping didn't sit right with me, I didn't really dig the "whiskey" line, and the Daredevil trailer gave me much of the same impressions.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Well, did you like Daredevil? Because if you didn't I doubt this will be much different.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

First trailer was great, second one was even better. Can't wait.

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007

Holy poo poo, I thought this was coming out in March 2016 for some reason. Turns out it's coming out on my birthday. gently caress yeah!!!

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I booked the 20th off, gonna be :f5:ing my computer come 8am :getin:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Rarity posted:

I booked the 20th off, gonna be :f5:ing my computer come 8am :getin:

I wonder what the odds are that it'll drop early? I know OitNB got an early release

Kheldarn
Feb 17, 2011

That trailer didn't look as dark as the first one.

Also, Luke Cage runs a bar? That works, since I guess he hasn't met Danny yet, and therefore hasn't set up Heroes For Hire yet.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Comic Cage was just a free-roaming gangster/samurai right? Just wandering around and righting wrongs in his city? The bartender thing is new, yes?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

X-O posted:

First trailer was great, second one was even better. Can't wait.

Yeah the second one has made me now super excited for this

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Weird that they claim it has fewer MCU ties than Daredevil, when what they describe sounds like significantly more.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Barry Convex posted:

Weird that they claim it has fewer MCU ties than Daredevil, when what they describe sounds like significantly more.

The only tie DD had was mentioning Aliens and Avengers in the first ep, no?

Basically, right?

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Drifter posted:

The only tie DD had was mentioning Aliens and Avengers in the first ep, no?

Basically, right?

It wasn't just the first episode, but the MCU references were limited to something like three lines of dialogue total and the Bulletin front pages in Urich's office.

double negative
Jul 7, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

That trailer didn't look as dark as the first one.

Also, Luke Cage runs a bar? That works, since I guess he hasn't met Danny yet, and therefore hasn't set up Heroes For Hire yet.

A lot of people were complaining about how dark the show seemed from the first trailer, but this trailer was wonderfully designed to off-set that. Still used plenty of the same footage but added just enough new stuff to show off her abilities and personality to a greater degree than the first. And they've got Lester Freamon in this, too? Good poo poo. I can't wait.

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
JJ will basically start out as an edgy superhero power fantasy for girls/repulsive nerds, and slowly dissolve into a seduction poem.

Patrick Spens
Jul 21, 2006

"Every quarterback says they've got guts, But how many have actually seen 'em?"
Pillbug

Drifter posted:

Comic Cage was just a free-roaming gangster/samurai right? Just wandering around and righting wrongs in his city? The bartender thing is new, yes?

In the Alias comic he owned the bar, but that was never a part of his character in his comics.

HERAK
Dec 1, 2004

Barry Convex posted:

It wasn't just the first episode, but the MCU references were limited to something like three lines of dialogue total and the Bulletin front pages in Urich's office.

The whole reason that Hell's Kitchen is being redeveloped is because the avengers destroyed and damaged much of it during the Battle of New York.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

HERAK posted:

The whole reason that Hell's Kitchen is being redeveloped is because the avengers destroyed and damaged much of it during the Battle of New York.

As was explained during one of the three lines of dialog.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Which is fine because that's not really what the story is about, it's just a factor

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Maybe Purpleman didn't mind control Jessica. Maybe they were just on a boat and Jessica's just ashamed.

What else was she supposed to to do, though? She couldn't refuse, because of the implication.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Jesus gently caress is David Tennant creepy in this. Also, sounds like he's doing his British accent....sometimes.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Not-massive, not-trivial spoiler about how the Jewel backstory is being handled here:

http://www.tvguide.com/news/mega-buzz-jessica-jones-jewel-costume/

Seems to make sense for this universe.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess Patsy Walker is Trish Walker instead too.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Jesus gently caress is David Tennant creepy in this. Also, sounds like he's doing his British accent....sometimes.
He's Scottish, his default native accent is British...

You mean he's doing an English one?

e: because people aren't machines

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Nov 13, 2015

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oooh my Netflix app started doing the autoplaying with sound preview deal at the top for Jessica Jones. Dunno if it's across platforms but it's extremely noir, but purple instead of black.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
gently caress Netflix. I opened it up and a trailer was queued up and for a moment I thought they let it drop early and got super excited. :argh:

Zsinjeh
Jun 11, 2007

:shoboobs:

Drifter posted:

Maybe Purpleman didn't mind control Jessica. Maybe they were just on a boat and Jessica's just ashamed.

What else was she supposed to to do, though? She couldn't refuse, because of the implication.
If Jessica Jones says no it's obviously a no but she would never say no because of the implication

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

zoux posted:

it's extremely noir, but purple instead of black.

So... "violet"?

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Isn't it about time for the first three or so episodes of this to leak? What are you people waiting for?

:f5:

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

zoux posted:

Well, did you like Daredevil? Because if you didn't I doubt this will be much different.

Daredevil was ok. I get what they were going for with Goonlord Fisk but in the back half the show started to bend around him way too much. It was good overall, but I suspect I'd have enjoyed it way more if I hadn't already read the Miller, Bendis, and Brubaker runs a decade ago and I own that as my perspective.

And yeah the same general sense of "this is really good but something about it isn't quite able to get to that next level 'watch even if you're not a fan' place" is on display with JJ so far, much like the rest of the MCU. Not a bad thing, I still love these shows, just saying.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

NmareBfly posted:

Isn't it about time for the first three or so episodes of this to leak? What are you people waiting for?

:f5:

Why would only three leak? The entire show is released on the same day.

6 days. Yay!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snowy
Oct 6, 2010

A man whose blood
Is very snow-broth;
One who never feels
The wanton stings and
Motions of the sense

Isn't it 4 days?