Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Can you show me the quotes where he took it really seriously? and how they are a scum reaction? Because I'm not seeing it.

It's the way he gets defensive and keeps seriously assuring us that he isn't scum when my initial vote was, I feel, a fairly obvious joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

EXAKT Science posted:

It's the way he gets defensive and keeps seriously assuring us that he isn't scum when my initial vote was, I feel, a fairly obvious joke.

Yeah, I'd buy it.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Given that two different people accused me of scumslipping, pointing out that it was not in fact a scumslip is a fairly reasonable reaction imo.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

SirSamVimes posted:

Given that two different people accused me of scumslipping, pointing out that it was not in fact a scumslip is a fairly reasonable reaction imo.

Another scum slip smh, smh.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SirSamVimes posted:

Who was the second?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

merk posted:

I forgot about this game.
:siren:
posting right after MMG said scum can slip by quietly on d1 under joke posts.

right on cue.

##vote merk

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kommando posted:

:siren:
posting right after MMG said scum can slip by quietly on d1 under joke posts.

right on cue.

##vote merk

haha this is going to be fun

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

merk posted:

Am I still alive? If so, I will read the thread.

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So, of the three votes on the vote leader two of them are jokes?

A few lurkers posted up after MMG highlighting scum lurking d1.

trying to look active.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bifauxnen posted:

Who was the second?

Tommunist.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

merk...? a lurker?

Never thought I'd see the day

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Uh... I'm phoneposting so quoting everything would be a pain in the rear end, but everyone just go re-read pages 3 and 4 while keeping in mind that SSV's defense is that allegedly a whole 2 people, including Tommunist, were on the case and that's why the weird response you guys.

(Note, the too-serious response is all in the span of like 2 minutes before Tommunist even chimed in, and when Tommunist did start getting involved, if anything they were continuing the joke in SSV's favor"

Best D1 thing to go on so far, I think.

##vote Vimes

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

sure thing.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

SirSamVimes posted:

The twist is that some of us are scum.

The start of the whole 'scumslip' saga for those who are lazy. I don't love it but it's a decent backup. For now, ##vote merk till he resurfaces.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Podima posted:

The start of the whole 'scumslip' saga for those who are lazy. I don't love it but it's a decent backup. For now, ##vote merk till he resurfaces.

I'm a decent backup, yet you misrepresent the case entirely? The start of the actual case wasn't the "slip", it's how I responded to it.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Podima posted:

Ugh this post stinks

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I figured that the context of your actual response was a good starting point since you've made a point of complaining about how it's misrepresented.

Alternatively, I'm distracted while waiting for the last drat 5 gigs of Fallout to download. :negative: Shouldn't have bothered with the pip-boy edition...

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

EXAKT Science posted:

Ugh this post stinks

I actually agree. Unlike the others, this post felt like someone making an excuse to be ready to lynch a town player instead of just being mistaken.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

SirSamVimes posted:

I actually agree. Unlike the others, this post felt like someone making an excuse to be ready to lynch a town player instead of just being mistaken.

It also hedges on you and then votes merk because...? No I don't like it one bit

##vote Podima

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Podima posted:

It's a decent backup to what though? You make it sound like you have a better case that we could be focused on but then just vote a lurker.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Podima posted:

I figured that the context of your actual response was a good starting point since you've made a point of complaining about how it's misrepresented.

Alternatively, I'm distracted while waiting for the last drat 5 gigs of Fallout to download. :negative: Shouldn't have bothered with the pip-boy edition...

Do you have an opinion on the scumslip itself?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lol at everyone suddenly jumping on it at once

Not weird at all no sir

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Podima, you haven't expressed any suspicion of merk this game and now despite considering me "a good backup" you vote him. What's up?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
We still have like 24 hours of this poo poo don't we?

Can I ask the same question Auspol got asked, tell us about non-auspol mafia players. I do like the meta play because it puts potentially weird stuff into context, like people who go missing and lurking is a problem but then you're like Oh hey they have a baby or Oh hey they have a new job

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Taste are you scum this game? It was a weird post and I agree it was a weird post and I think everyone jumping on it is p. good.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Ixtlilton posted:

Taste are you scum this game? It was a weird post and I agree it was a weird post and I think everyone jumping on it is p. good.

you can tell if he scum by his post count

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Kat Delacour posted:

Can I ask the same question Auspol got asked, tell us about non-auspol mafia players. I do like the meta play because it puts potentially weird stuff into context, like people who go missing and lurking is a problem but then you're like Oh hey they have a baby or Oh hey they have a new job

##vote Kat

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You're right he is posting

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kat Delacour posted:

merk takes a while to get going usually, but becomes a concerningly accurate scumhunter later on. imgay does nothing but shitpost. Kashuno looks scummy most of the time, regardless of his actual alignment.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
My meta is if you think I'm scum I'm scum if you think I'm scum I'm town

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
To briefly and succinctly explain myself because it was a bad post:

- I think SSV's earlier post and reactions to people probing him over it were notable.
- I think Merk's absence/forgetting about the game when he tends to pride himself on his Mafia gameplay is notable.

I would vote for either of them. I phrased my post poorly by saying one thing and voting another.

Hopefully that makes more sense!

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

SirSamVimes posted:

merk takes a while to get going usually, but becomes a concerningly accurate scumhunter later on. imgay does nothing but shitpost. Kashuno looks scummy most of the time, regardless of his actual alignment.

Concerningly accurate is an interesting word choice

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Podima posted:

- I think Merk's absence/forgetting about the game when he tends to pride himself on his Mafia gameplay is notable.

Why didn't you mention this when you voted for him?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

SirSamVimes posted:

good to hear someone has an intuitive knack for scum hunting.

since scum hunting is not an...

EXAKT Science.

:rimshot:

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tremendous Taste posted:

Lol at everyone suddenly jumping on it at once

Not weird at all no sir

So what is your opinion of the alignment of all those people?

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Kommando posted:

good to hear someone has an intuitive knack for scum hunting.

since scum hunting is not an...

EXAKT Science.

:rimshot:

:frogout:

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Kashuno posted:

Concerningly accurate is an interesting word choice

That stood out to me, too.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

fiery_valkyrie posted:

So what is your opinion of the alignment of all those people?

Dumb or scum

It just seems like short attention spans, the post wasn't bad.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Tremendous Taste posted:

Dumb or scum

It just seems like short attention spans, the post wasn't bad.

Actually, the post was bad, Taste

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
all these interactions seem fake and lame

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Merk was once in a game of mafia and actually convinced himself that he was scum, and with a big dramatic speech hammered himself "for the good of the town".

After the game he was legitimately shocked that he was not scum.

• Locked thread