Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Lady Naga posted:

Literally the first negative review I read was "the game's alright but flawed" which seems pretty reasonable?

Most people have said it's a 7 at best, and a majority of the bugs are unacceptable with how long Bethesda has been in business and how many games they've made at this point. You get a lot of crazy people who shout about it being the worst thing ever or that it's GOTYAY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries
I've lost all the companions bar the robot and the minute man guy. I sent them all to go to Sanctuary Hill but none of them are there :(

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

looooool all negative reviews on the store page http://store.steampowered.com/app/377160/

haha
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22380/

Fallout 4 has more negative reviews than NV
and 24000 less positive reviews

BAILOUT MCQUACK!
Nov 14, 2005

Marco! Yeaaah...

No Pants posted:

Someone reported that you can. They got like three levels off one of the first side quests.

Yeah I got that off of it too. First try though, so I didn't know if you could cheese it or not.

Frankenoodle
Jun 6, 2015

Everybody's talking at me
Some tips for finding the parts you need to bring to another settlement, assuming you don't have any supply lines.

1. Build a footlocker or safe to hold misc gear you don't want to carry around: weapons for your settlers, extras for you, etc.
2. Only store Junk in the Workbench. Put the other stuff in the container above.
3. When you need to find a component, Take All from the Workbench, open your Junk inventory, and hit C to see the component view (see below)
4. Put all the junk back in the Workbench with the T button. Take back what you need.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Grapplejack posted:

Most people have said it's a 7 at best, and a majority of the bugs are unacceptable with how long Bethesda has been in business and how many games they've made at this point. You get a lot of crazy people who shout about it being the worst thing ever or that it's GOTYAY.

I'm pretty sure Polygon scored Alien: Isolation high but bitched heavily about Witcher 3. GOTY 14-15 and there was lacking great scores of at least 1. Point being, numerical scores in TYOOL 16 is retarded and dumb.

Real talk, who plays a loving game and goes "meh...this goddamn game is a 7.4?"

willie_dee
Jun 21, 2010
I obtain sexual gratification from observing people being inflicted with violent head injuries

Frankenoodle posted:

Some tips for finding the parts you need to bring to another settlement, assuming you don't have any supply lines.

1. Build a footlocker or safe to hold misc gear you don't want to carry around: weapons for your settlers, extras for you, etc.
2. Only store Junk in the Workbench. Put the other stuff in the container above.
3. When you need to find a component, Take All from the Workbench, open your Junk inventory, and hit C to see the component view (see below)
4. Put all the junk back in the Workbench with the T button. Take back what you need.

How do you set up a supply line?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

So, apparently the function of settlements is the settlers who are not otherwise employed slowly gather resources for you.

I just saw a video of a guy who did nothing but gently caress around turning Red Rocket into a tower for hours, and when he went to the crafting bench he had, loving, 30 adhesive, the rare candy of gunsmithing.

Drunk in Space
Dec 1, 2009
Greedy option with BoS dude: "So you steal technology to benefit yourselves?"

BoS dude: "You're implying we steal technology to benefit ourselves . . ."

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS
So just a question but is anyone experiencing a weird bug with their pipboy where it says a settlement has not enough resources when you're far away from it?

Sanctuary Hills has literally 0 in most resources according to the data tab. Despite me having assigned people and it showing as having plenty of resources when i'm in the area. Same goes for Tenpines, though it just mislabels the number of beds.

redwalrus
Jul 27, 2013

:stoke:
What kind of math is happening here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OpIpFvHlXw

This is the most ridiculous thing... and then at the end it flips from positive to negative to positive to max negative integer???

:psyduck:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Speedball posted:

So, apparently the function of settlements is the settlers who are not otherwise employed slowly gather resources for you.

I just saw a video of a guy who did nothing but gently caress around turning Red Rocket into a tower for hours, and when he went to the crafting bench he had, loving, 30 adhesive, the rare candy of gunsmithing.

share video?

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

Fosson posted:

Real talk, who plays a loving game and goes "meh...this goddamn game is a 7.4?"

People who need a simple, easy to understand metric on where a piece of media stands in relation to its peers? The problem isn't numerical scoring, it's the fact that the scale has been so hosed up that a 7, which is defined as "better than average", is the baseline.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Speedball posted:

I built 3 of the top tier water things at Sanctuary now everytime I go back theres 100-200 Purified water waiting for me really helps with the healing.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

redwalrus posted:

What kind of math is happening here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8OpIpFvHlXw

This is the most ridiculous thing... and then at the end it flips from positive to negative to positive to max negative integer???

:psyduck:

Binary maths.

The way you store negative numbers is by putting a 1 at the beginning of the number in binary.

Unfortunately that is also how you store very large numbers so sometimes the computer gets confused when you make a very large number and reads it as a negative one, or vice versa.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

socialsecurity posted:

I built 3 of the top tier water things at Sanctuary now everytime I go back theres 100-200 Purified water waiting for me really helps with the healing.

Where does this turn up btw?

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Am I supposed to dock my power armor in the station somehow or do I just leave it where it is?

Elderbean
Jun 10, 2013

Do shotguns count as non-automatic rifles? I don't see a perk for shotguns specifically.

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

NESguerilla posted:

Am I supposed to dock my power armor in the station somehow or do I just leave it where it is?

Just throw it wherever and it'll be docked when you fast travel back.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

NESguerilla posted:

Park next to it and then it'll pop in when you go to craft at the station.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

Mortimer posted:

haha
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22380/

Fallout 4 has more negative reviews than NV
and 24000 less positive reviews

did they even have reviews back in 2010 though

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

NESguerilla posted:

If you want to dock it in the station press E on the station while wearing it.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

NESguerilla posted:

Yeah power station if you want to make changes to it but don't ever try to replace the fusion core from the front. Breaks your game

Lady Naga
Apr 25, 2008

Voyons Donc!

computer parts posted:

did they even have reviews back in 2010 though

No.

Jerry Steinfeld
Dec 25, 2012

Frankenoodle posted:

oh gently caress you have to have them in your inventory to craft poo poo? OH jesus

Captain Gordon
Jul 22, 2004

:10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux::10bux:
I just dump everything into the workbench, and let the crafting beast smelt it down as needed.

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

oh gently caress you have to have them in your inventory to craft poo poo? OH jesus

only if you don't have workshop access in the area you're in, if you're in sanctuary for instance it just needs to be stored in your workshop storage or inventory

also that \/\/\/

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Jerry Steinfeld posted:

Only if you need to bring it to another settlement. You can dump all your junk in one settlement and all the benches there will have access to it.

Edit: Dump all your junk = Storing it in the workbench.

8-bit Miniboss fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Nov 11, 2015

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
*Wandering through Lexington*

Hey, what's that whistling noise?

:supaburn:

Yeaaaaah watch out if you're going through Lexington. Apparently somebody with a fat boy launcher is super trigger happy.

E: Oh NOW I see them. They're on the roofs!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Reason posted:

share video?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TWwiPRfLNME

Baiku
Oct 25, 2011

The old woman that can see the future crawled under a workshop bench then teleported to the top of a house in Sanctuary Hills. There goes my soothsayer.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Phrasing posted:

The old woman that can see the future crawled under a workshop bench then teleported to the top of a house in Sanctuary Hills. There goes my soothsayer.

She knew it was time to dip outta there.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe

Phrasing posted:

I think that's a Thing because she did that to me. Eventually she came down.

Then she requested I build her a chair.

Fosson
Feb 26, 2011

Lady Naga posted:

People who need a simple, easy to understand metric on where a piece of media stands in relation to its peers? The problem isn't numerical scoring, it's the fact that the scale has been so hosed up that a 7, which is defined as "better than average", is the baseline.

I meant you, we as gamers...do you seriously put a numeric value to games you play while you play them?

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It's cool how if you hold left or right after failing a terminal hack you become stuck in place and have to reload your save.

This game stinks.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

afkmacro posted:

Yeah power station if you want to make changes to it but don't ever try to replace the fusion core from the front. Breaks your game

How does it break your game? I never had any problems. At least that I noticed.

Also I really hope all those hosed up reports in the workshop tab are not affecting my actual settlement stats.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

Can someone tell me how to actually get the pip boy app working with my ps4? It's enabled and there on the same network but the app can't find my ps4.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

socialsecurity posted:

purified water sells for around 10 caps with perks. 200 is 2,000 from one settlement that respawns daily. gently caress help with healing, that poo poo is infinite money.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Where is the power armor rack in Sanctuary?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ARCDad
Jul 22, 2007
Not to be confused with poptartin
I think I need a poo poo ton more stimpaks before I try to attack that first raider establishment, because I've been trying for 2 hours now and getting killed every single time. Running out of ammo too.

Not having VATS freeze time is incredibly notable it seems

• Locked thread