Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

CCKeane posted:

Merk was once in a game of mafia and actually convinced himself that he was scum, and with a big dramatic speech hammered himself "for the good of the town".

After the game he was legitimately shocked that he was not scum.

This sounds like a pretty compelling reason to keep him around, honestly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Podima posted:

The start of the whole 'scumslip' saga for those who are lazy. I don't love it but it's a decent backup. For now, ##vote merk till he resurfaces.

Why merk, out of all the lurkers available?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I think SSV's defense of himself was weird for D1 but I don't get scummy vibes from it

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

CCKeane posted:

Merk was once in a game of mafia and actually convinced himself that he was scum, and with a big dramatic speech hammered himself "for the good of the town".

After the game he was legitimately shocked that he was not scum.

I refused to read my role pm once

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

he sounds a bit divorced from reality

:lsd:

##unvote

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Chic Trombone posted:

Why merk, out of all the lurkers available?

says the person voting merk this whole time.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
chic do you have scumreads now that the game has actually gotten going?

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

EXAKT Science posted:

says the person voting merk this whole time.

a jokevote =/= a serious vote

I've only skimmed the thread today since I've been mostly busy, so I don't have any real town or scum reads yet. Tomorrow I have a decent block of time that I can read in depth though, so that'll probably change

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

I might have time tonight actually if i finish my essay quick enough but that's doubtful tbh

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Chic Trombone posted:

a jokevote =/= a serious vote

I've only skimmed the thread today since I've been mostly busy, so I don't have any real town or scum reads yet. Tomorrow I have a decent block of time that I can read in depth though, so that'll probably change

You people are strange.

"eh. I dont have any ideas today, maybe tomorrow. "

in auspol games that would get you murdered.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

declaring you're not participating today I mean.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Kommando posted:

You people are strange.

"eh. I dont have any ideas today, maybe tomorrow. "

in auspol games that would get you murdered.

Is that a successful strategy in finding scum though?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Is that a successful strategy in finding scum though?

As far as I can recall, gently caress no.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

do you guys still want to mass claim?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

bromplicated posted:

do you guys still want to mass claim?

Pretty scummy plan

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

the only consistent scum finding strategy that works for auspol is exhaustion.
people argue someone into the ground the scum give up.

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

ok that sounds fun too

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

digital water boarding.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
So AnonymousNarcotics has made one real actual post in this game:

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

Hello I am here.

Tommunist attacking SSV for an innocuous post is pretty scummy.

No vote, just a accusation/comment on my post (which was a joke post).

i ask questions about this post

Tommunist posted:

how does this read to you in the context of joke phase

Tommunist posted:

Yo quick question why am i more scummy for my joke accusation then say EXAKT (who has since transitioned from jokingly questioning SSV to seriously putting a vote on him) or CCKeane.

And AnonNarc doesn't respond, and hasn't said anything in the game at large.

This sort of drive by accusations along with the lurking/non-willingness to engage with me feels scummy

##vote AnonymousNarcotics

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

MysticalMachineGun posted:

This sounds like a pretty compelling reason to keep him around, honestly.

Hey, I ain't voting Merk.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
People keep saying that the accusations on SSV were jokeposts/jokevotes but I didn't read them that way.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

People keep saying that the accusations on SSV were jokeposts/jokevotes but I didn't read them that way.

Why not?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

SSV did a similar thing in archer lylo which busb called out as a scumslip after the game. I didn't see it as a slip personally but I can see why it was brought up.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Birdstrike posted:

SSV did a similar thing in archer lylo which busb called out as a scumslip after the game. I didn't see it as a slip personally but I can see why it was brought up.

To be fair, I was scum in archerfia.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tommunist posted:

And AnonNarc doesn't respond, and hasn't said anything in the game at large.

This sort of drive by accusations along with the lurking/non-willingness to engage with me feels scummy

I agree with this vibe so far, but a lot could change when Anon shows up. Right now I think SSV is a good vote, MMG sounded kinda dodgy too. Bird would be my other main pick, although I was really hoping I could wait till the end of the day to say anything, cause he's been kinda salty lately about getting voted out way too early a lot, so I'm calibrated to think he tends to be townier than he appears.

Birdstrike posted:

I don't see it as a scumslip either! Nothing SSV has said is a "slip", it is just scummy-sounding reactions after the fact, this is not a complicated case dammit Birb

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Bifauxnen posted:

I agree with this vibe so far, but a lot could change when Anon shows up. Right now I think SSV is a good vote, MMG sounded kinda dodgy too. Bird would be my other main pick, although I was really hoping I could wait till the end of the day to say anything, cause he's been kinda salty lately about getting voted out way too early a lot, so I'm calibrated to think he tends to be townier than he appears.

What do you think of Podima as a lynch?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SirSamVimes posted:

What do you think of Podima as a lynch?

I wouldn't bother opposing it, but I didn't have the same reaction others had to seeing his latest posts as scummy. More of a personal vibe I guess, to me it sounded like I sometimes get if I'm checking in trying to establish where I'm at and where votes could be moving. But I sound scummy a lot, so again, wouldn't bother trying to stop it cause its a fair D1 case as any.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Birdstrike posted:

Is anyone's case on Vimes based on the "slip"? Mine isn't.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Bif I'm interested in why I'm a vote option for you. Modding over the last week removed all my saltiness so I'm ready for it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I have kind of a gut call that little Mac is scum.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Hi thread, I've been busy all day, and bought $200 worth of fabric tonight.

Someone fill me in thanks!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Birdstrike posted:

Bif I'm interested in why I'm a vote option for you. Modding over the last week removed all my saltiness so I'm ready for it.

You just seem to be reading everything as weird that I see as totally fine, or vice versa. Kat saw it too when you tried mentioning my early godfather joke as strange.

I'm not sure if it's just having different tone settings, or actual scumminess though. I think SSV is a better vote for having those reactions in the first place. But the more you make posts like that where you still call it a scumslip, it seems like you could be trying to reframe and defend SSV rather than just not getting it.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

I think you mean

200 Euros worth of fabric.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
"hey y'all quidnose here, never gonna read the thread please spoon feed me everything"

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

Quidnose imgay said you eat poop.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

imgay posted:

"hey y'all quidnose here, never gonna read the thread please spoon feed me everything"

That's fairly accurate for where I am right now not gonna lie~

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale

Quidnose posted:

There are lots of people who have no been around or contributed much, like my good friend Quidnose.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

That's fairly accurate for where I am right now not gonna lie~

We're in a day one slap fight, somebody is going to get voted off and we can all act smug or shocked at the results, depending in outcome.

From there we will further manufacture cases, ostensibly based on behavior during day one in light of the flip, but actually based on personal likes or dislikes.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

EXAKT Science posted:

There are lots of people who have no been around or contributed much, like my good friend Quidnose.

I don't know if there is a meta friendship here but I want to draw an attention to why did Quidnose got namedropped and AnonymousNarcotics with significantly fewer posts got ignored.

The postcount server is hosed though so we're all probably making really haphazard attempts at pretending we know who is lurking anyway. Plus I don't think lurking D1 means anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I am fully lurking basically. Work and nothing to read into.

• Locked thread