Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Karl_Ramseier posted:

SC is a triple AAA production and you just repeated and confirmed what he said, dumbass.

More like triple rear end production! :smuggo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

Karl_Ramseier posted:

SC is a triple AAA production and you just repeated and confirmed what he said, dumbass.

Karl : Hope you don't mind but :-
- Are you a Game dev ?
- Do you know anyone that is developing this 'game' ?
- How much have you invested in the aforementioned product. ?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Karl_Ramseier posted:

It's AAAAAAAAA?

Edit: Also, great that you interpreted an exchange that was clearly about model animation in general to be strictly about SC. Is there any argument you have made on this forum that you haven't objectively hosed up?

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Nov 11, 2015

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

That's the noise all of the people spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on spaceship jpegs will make when they finally realize the SC development has run out of money and they won't be flying their jpegs in a persistent universe shooting unbelievers (people who did not "invest" in SC).

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

pun pundit posted:

That's the noise all of the people spending hundreds or thousands of dollars on spaceship jpegs will make when they finally realize the SC development has run out of money and they won't be flying their jpegs in a persistent universe shooting unbelievers (people who did not "invest" in SC).

Well.. its gonna be a bit more dark than that... more like the sound of a thin stream and then drips for a bit. Somebody call the hot line for them in preparation.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
more like a triple eeehhh production

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
factorio is pretty good. I make more assembly lines just for the sake of it. It's a pure experience

Okay,

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

grimcreaper posted:

I made the mistake of buying legacy of the void and now I'm out of game cash till next pay check. I'm sad.

you should get a partner into games then you can divide an conquer Novembers easier.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Karl_Ramseier posted:

so like AAAAAAAAA then ? Super triple A? AAA3?

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

SneakyFrog posted:

so like AAAAAAAAA then ? Super triple A? AAA3?
Refer to Ace Ventura with spears in both legs.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

SelenicMartian posted:

Refer to Ace Ventura with spears in both legs.

so that plus spears in the dick got it.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Actually its a quad-AAAA production, one for each mocap studio

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

joebob posted:

I have to point out that Elon Musk started SpaceX with about 100 million dollars in his budget for it. 6 million more and SC could have made real space ships.

Just think, EA could do that (Battlefield), Blizzard (WoW income), Activision could do that for the marketing budget of CoD and then again for the development budget, Rockstar could do it twice over!

Game companies could totally take us to real space.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

Kakarot posted:

This is on the same PC btw

Robco aka Roberts corporation
.:aaa:
I think Bethesda has known what roberts is for long time now

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Robco's been in Fallout since the original.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

tooterfish posted:

Robco's been in Fallout since the original.

And Robert has been poo poo since the original.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

That might be true, but it's called RobCo because they make robots, so any relation with the saviour of PC gaming is purely coincidence (and Bethesda didn't make the original).

Now, that espresso machine on the other hand...

tooterfish fucked around with this message at 14:01 on Nov 11, 2015

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Karl, you seem to be almost... obsessed with Derek Smart.

Is it a sexual fixation?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Tarranon posted:

factorio is pretty good. I make more assembly lines just for the sake of it. It's a pure experience

Okay,

Factorio is pretty awesome for the little sperg that lives inside us all. brb my copper wire production is 3% behind consumption.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Karl_Ramseier posted:

says the multiple personality auditor from germany that totally doesn't have money on SC/CIG/Crobizzle but goes to bat for it on every single blog/article/forum in the most cultish way possible

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Karl .............

In the video game industry, AAA (pronounced "triple A") is a classification term used for games with the highest development budgets and levels of promotion or the highest ratings by a consensus of professional reviewers. A title considered to be AAA is therefore expected to be a high quality game or to be among the year's bestsellers. For a title to remain AAA post-launch, it must be either commercially or critically successful

Apart from the mystery finances this 'game' does not fit the criteria

To quote one of your fellow cultists from the RSI forum:

'AAA does not mean a huge budget.

EA/Ubisoft haven't produced a real triple A game in years. AAA games are supposed to be innovative, be critically successful and a financial success. Very few of games that we call triple A these days are truly triple A, the term has been corrupted to mean 'a huge marketing budget'. '

This is about right; innovative,critically successful and a financial success:

Lets break that down

Innovative: Nope
Critically successful: Outside of a few hundred thousand social misfits ... nope
Financial success: .... well yes for someone clearly !

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
:eng101: IIRC the PC and the coffee maker are found in the back office of a super-market. All the PCs and the OS in the game are made by Robco and has that line at the top.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

It's an "indie" game with far too much money, but still none the less making all the standard mistakes that indie games make - proving that such mistakes are nothing to do with budgets and are everything to do with lack of oversight and well defined processes.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Chalks posted:

It's an "indie" game with far too much money, but still none the less making all the standard mistakes that indie games make - proving that such mistakes are nothing to do with budgets and are everything to do with lack of oversight and well defined processes.

It's best to reward good indies over complaining about the bad ones. Give support to things like Human Resource Machine, FTL, Else Heart.Break(), Kairo, Rebel Galaxy and Elite: Dangerous.

There's a lot of good indie product out there that could use support.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

Chalks posted:

Giving a manchild 95mil dollars doesnt turn him into a genious, it turns him into a rich manchild.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Loiosh posted:

It's best to reward good indies over complaining about the bad ones. Give support to things like Human Resource Machine, FTL, Else Heart.Break(), Kairo, Rebel Galaxy and Elite: Dangerous.

There's a lot of good indie product out there that could use support.

Indeed. It's frightening to think of the damage SC could potentially do to all indie developers looking for funding if it goes terribly wrong. I wonder what level of quality would need to be delivered on what timescale in order to ensure that people aren't soured about the concept of indie crowd funding? Would a game like elite dangerous (with the funding and hype of SC) even be good enough or will it still be seen as a disappointment by the majority? Time will tell, we'll be lucky to see something like E:D come out the other end of this IMO.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Karl_Ramseier posted:

I've made a personal discovery that your brand of crazy is way less annoying to me than boring bitcoin guy or some new guy talking about normal game development in relation to Star Citizen while ignoring the fact that the LA CIG office appears to be on fire.

So welcome back.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Compare and Contrast.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

AP posted:

I've made a personal discovery that your brand of crazy is way less annoying to me than boring bitcoin guy or some new guy talking about normal game development in relation to Star Citizen while ignoring the fact that the LA CIG office appears to be on fire.

So welcome back.

I'm not ignoring, in case this was directed at me. I really have not said anything on the studio situation beyond mentioning that Derek's original post made me hold off on funding. If curious: My opinion is that I do not have enough reliable fact to judge at this time, so I'm waiting to see if content gets delivered and what state it is in.

Dark Off
Aug 14, 2015

tooterfish posted:

That might be true, but it's called RobCo because they make robots, so any relation with the saviour of PC gaming is purely coincidence (and Bethesda didn't make the original).

Now, that espresso machine on the other hand...

I said roberts corporation because the founder is Roberts house
Who happens to be software developer

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Loiosh posted:

I'm not ignoring, in case this was directed at me. I really have not said anything on the studio situation beyond mentioning that Derek's original post made me hold off on funding. If curious: My opinion is that I do not have enough reliable fact to judge at this time, so I'm waiting to see if content gets delivered and what state it is in.

you are fine dude, solid quality posting. I think AP was talking mainly about you dont exactly lend youself out as a target for making fun of, which we have far more qualified posters of poo poo that deserve mockery anyways.

Heiggwinie
Jul 24, 2013

CrazyTolradi posted:

Getting the Collectors Boxes ready before the game is even close to being finished, true to CIG form.

If they mail the collectors box out to people then they can't get a refund for that package.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

SneakyFrog posted:

you are fine dude, solid quality posting. I think AP was talking mainly about you dont exactly lend youself out as a target for making fun of, which we have far more qualified posters of poo poo that deserve mockery anyways.

I'll admit to not having Karl's skills at crazy. I think tying one's identity up to the success/failure of a game (or OS in the case of Apple/Android/Windows fans) is a bit silly and obnoxious.

I guess that just came from passing beyond my 20s. Back then I was an expert on everything. Now days I spend most my time reading that something I thought I understood was wrong.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Loiosh posted:

Now days I spend most my time reading that something I thought I understood was wrong.

sounds like you need to move on top of a mountain with that pearl right there.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

Jobbo_Fett posted:

And Robert has been poo poo since the original.

And I just had deja vu

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Loiosh posted:

Now days I spend most my time reading that something I thought I understood was wrong.

do you realize how extremely rare and good this is nowadays? congrats!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

The Real Foogla posted:

do you realize how extremely rare and good this is nowadays? congrats!

this

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Loiosh posted:

I think he was talking to Karl, who is admittedly less irritating than some of the recent crazies. You're not crazy at all- it's nice to see someone who can disagree and back it up without resorting to ad hominem.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Sarsapariller posted:

I think he was talking to Karl, who is admittedly less irritating than some of the recent crazies. You're not crazy at all- it's nice to see someone who can disagree and back it up without resorting to ad hominem.

He was definitely referring to Loiosh's well-reasoned discussions about game development in general and how they might apply to SC based on what he knows. Those were good posts, which is why they stick out so blatantly. Also he came to realize he didn't know as much about SC as he'd like. Which is not exactly rare.

Those discussions were definitely shop-talk dense enough that not everyone could get into them. Which is why I haven't chimed in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
karl why are you so angry

• Locked thread