Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Karl, why do you keep pretending to be your daughter when posting on reddit?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Bad Dragon is really scraping the barrel these days

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

EminusSleepus posted:

Cutlass tl;dr

1) Ok we will make another pass of the Cutlass
2) ok we hosed up we will hand it over to UK
3) (UK Guys) this is beyond fix
4) gently caress it lets just introduce another JPEG

Someone needs to tell them photoshop has an undo button.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Karl_Ramseier posted:

SC is a triple AAA production and you just repeated and confirmed what he said, dumbass.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

fuctifino posted:

Karl, why do you keep pretending to be your daughter when posting on reddit?

He's trying to entrap Seraph.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

LuiCypher posted:

He's trying to entrap Seraph.

I really don't think Seraph is into middle-aged male auditors. He likes little girls.

e: the point being Seraph reads this thread, and even he knows that Karl, a grown adult is pretending to be his daughter on reddit.

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Nov 11, 2015

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Berious posted:

Bad Dragon is really scraping the barrel these days

:barf:

:saddowns::fh:

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
A reference to an espresso machine = Star Citizen reference
-goons who think too much about Star Citizen

year199X
Oct 9, 2012
Grimey Drawer
I'd just like to happily report I am officially out.

After about a month from the initial email, I got my entire refund of $550 paypal-ed to me yesterday (from CIG) about an hour after receiving the confirmation email from the CSR.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
How anyone, even the most die-hard SC fan, could take CIG at their word on anything at this point is beyond me.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Is "VIP pop up meeting" code for "Sandi is out shopping and needs someone to buy her lunch"?

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.
Concierge pop up events WTF!

So Sandi, Karl, THE WULGE and Ben standing around a buffet ............
awkward

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Karl_Ramseier posted:

SC is a triple AAA production and you just repeated and confirmed what he said, dumbass.

It's a :gary:pAAArp production.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
That concierge card stopped them falling below 20k a day funding this week and kept buzz going. It's incredibly stupid but it's clever stupid.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

someone explain to me the point of these meetings, what black cards are, and why the gently caress does it matter so much that things be exclusive to it

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Agrajag posted:

someone explain to me the point of these meetings, what black cards are, and why the gently caress does it matter so much that things be exclusive to it

Because Star Citizen is built on a foundation of having something that others don't. Like a game, that's only in your head.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Agrajag posted:

I couldn't even figure out what the meetings were supposed to be. What's a 'pop up meeting?'

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

AP posted:

Because Star Citizen is built on a foundation of having something that others don't. Like a game, that's only in your head.

:capitalism:

Loiosh posted:

I couldn't even figure out what the meetings were supposed to be. What's a 'pop up meeting?'

Obviously it's code for pop up spaceship ads.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

AP posted:

Yes, give exclusivity, then, when all who desired exclusivity have purchased them and sales on them slow, expand that exclusivity to everyone to make more money. *cough*LTI

CIG M.O.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Loiosh posted:

:iiapa:

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Agrajag posted:

So what they're doing is inviting loads of strangers (so many people they couldn't print enough plastic cards for them all over the period of 4 months) to meetings at their offices with very little prior notice in as their entry in the "what could possibly go wrong?" Olympics.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Seriously though, a super secret spaceship nerd whale club is a pretty clever idea to make some more money.

lollontee
Nov 4, 2014
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Whoah, talk about a slam dunk brohs. Ease up onthe calm flamming

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I'd still love to know how many people qualify for these cards. Someone said earlier that there could be 10,000 of them. That's quite a lot of people to invite to a meeting.

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Chalks posted:

I'd still love to know how many people qualify for these cards. Someone said earlier that there could be 10,000 of them. That's quite a lot of people to invite to a meeting.

Weren't these the cards you could only buy if you bought 1000$ worth of other virtual stuff?

Or is this some other card?

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Matlock Birthmark posted:

Weren't these the cards you could only buy if you bought 1000$ worth of other virtual stuff?

Or is this some other card?

Yeah. I'd assumed there would only be a thousand or so but apparently demand for optional cards that require you to spend over $1000 was so high that they couldn't print enough and had to suspend preorders. Of the cards. Preorders of the plastic $10 cards.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

Paladinus posted:

It's a :gary:pAAArp production.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
So does this mean that if someone spent $10K on space pixels, but didn't spend $10 on the not-black Black Concierge card, they would be barred from attending a CIG Parp-Up event?

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

G0RF posted:

So does this mean that if someone spent $10K on space pixels, but didn't spend $10 on the not-black Black Concierge card, they would be barred from attending a CIG Parp-Up event?

They can hang out in the parking lot.

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

G0RF posted:

I guess so. dickwulf will be pissed.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

G0RF posted:

CIG probably needs that $10 so much right now.

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

fuctifino posted:

I really don't think Seraph is into middle-aged male auditors. He likes little girls.

e: the point being Seraph reads this thread, and even he knows that Karl, a grown adult is pretending to be his daughter on reddit.

There's Karl, there's his sister who posts on reddit, his brother-in-law that's in the military (?) and buys him ships and forum accounts and AVs and his auditor father who also posts on reddit? I lost track of this poo poo.

e:

year199X posted:

After about a month from the initial email, I got my entire refund of $550 paypal-ed to me yesterday (from CIG) about an hour after receiving the confirmation email from the CSR.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAk8QvttHnk

MeLKoR fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 11, 2015

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

year199X posted:

Congrats!

I found a video of the actual refund process: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ouEGiQSlWM

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
Good thing the cards aren't personalized and some captain of industry will sell them for $5 if there is enough demand.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Karl_Ramseier posted:

Karl, why are you so angry and obsessed with Derek Smart?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Moogle posted:

The SA hat tip is the YCS/186 blaster, that's NV though. And the four balls, etc.
rope kid was the lead designer on New Vegas over at Obsidian, and I'm pretty sure that game wasn't his first dance at the sneaking-SA-references-into-western-RPGs rodeo.

If there are any goons at BGS, they're probably pretty quiet about it. And really, can you blame them? :v:

Salt n Reba McEntire
Nov 14, 2000

Kuparp.

The Kins posted:

rope kid was the lead designer on New Vegas over at Obsidian, and I'm pretty sure that game wasn't his first dance at the sneaking-SA-references-into-western-RPGs rodeo.

sometimes i fall down

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

I loving love my cat.

Great catte.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

MeLKoR posted:

Good thing the cards aren't personalized and some captain of industry will sell them for $5 if there is enough demand.

You could infiltrate SC pop up meetings and mess up Sandi's sandwich order or make silly suggestions about jpegs. It'd be like Hitman or Invisible Inc. except with way more BO and furry sex propositions.

• Locked thread