Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

star citizen logo

no ring 0/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

SelenicMartian posted:

CIG probably needs that $10 so much right now.

Well someone linked to their forums and people at $500-900 pledge levels are scrambling to buy more jpegs to get to the $1000 threshold to pick up the stupid card before they "run out" on Sunday. It's a clever tactic to get more money from the imbeciles. And they happily get to claim that they're not making any profit off the actual $10 of that card cost, it's simply to benefit all the fans!

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
'Edgy' youtube guy gives old school Dennis Millery rant about the state of the nation at CIG, after taking potshots at Derek Smart and whatnot...

It's annoying, but there's some decent commentary here after the open. It's causing some discomfort on reddit, so it's got that going for it...

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Rad Russian posted:

Well someone linked to their forums and people at $500-900 pledge levels are scrambling to buy more jpegs to get to the $1000 threshold to pick up the stupid card before they "run out" on Sunday. It's a clever tactic to get more money from the imbeciles. And they happily get to claim that they're not making any profit off the actual $10 of that card cost, it's simply to benefit all the fans!

Gotta say, if this is Sandi's idea, she's putting on a masterclass on how to separate nerds from their money.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

walruscat posted:

Gotta say, if this is Sandi's idea, she's putting on a masterclass on how to separate nerds from their money.

Idea for Sandi: Create anime skins for your spaceship JPEGs

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Spaceship bodypillows

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat

Rad Russian posted:

Ha ha..given their audience, that's actually fiendishly clever.

walruscat posted:

Yep, it really is. It's perfect when your audience is incredibly dedicated, desires a feeling of superiority/entitlement, and desperately wants a physical product.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Is this guy 12 and that's why his room is plastered in posters?

Also what gameplay did Elite (that came out in 1984, 6 years before Wing Commander) owe to Chris Roberts? idgi.

Mekchu fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Nov 11, 2015

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Unfunny Poster posted:

Is this guy 12 and that's why his room is plastered in posters?
Because edgy.

Mekchu
Apr 10, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

G0RF posted:

Because edgy.

Dennis Leary at least was funny and good at it though. This guy is just aping the style and being a really bad impression.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Imagine being this guy.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Madcosby posted:

A reference to an espresso machine = Star Citizen reference
-goons who think too much about Star Citizen

If I had a chance to fit in the espresso machine, "two weeks," and contractor dispute references into a single dumb datalog in a videogame I was working on, that's how I'd do it.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Imagine being this guy.

I'd probably put a couple of drumsticks in my pockets before hitting the clubs and hope for the best.

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

I'm cringing at the B&W filter and that he's wearing special leather podcasting gloves. He seems like an off-brand Max Landis knock-off you buy at the dollar store.

Berious posted:

Spaceship bodypillows

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwrf8loXceA

Seriously though, when Sandi stays away from the cameras, she is fiendishly clever at gouging money out of nerds. If her ego didn't require her to be an actress, she'd make a great behind-the-scenes mastermind. Hell, she did a great job at that for the first $70 million or so.

Goredema fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Nov 11, 2015

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Imagine being this guy.

I died a little on the inside.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Imagine being this guy.

I can't.

Furious Mittens
Oct 14, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

drat Dirty Ape posted:

Sandi will eventually make the "Sandi Roberts (Gardiner) Star Citizen Commemorative Fleshlight". $10 for those at donation level over $5000.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Fallout 4 is a lot of fun.

FO4 thread is good. Lots of good information.

I made the mistake of hovering over some legitimate spoilers hidden by spoiler tag because this thread made me forget that it has a legitimate use outside of spamming parp.

:gary:PAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARP:yarg:

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!

Furious Mittens posted:

Sandi will eventually make the "Sandi Roberts (Gardiner) Star Citizen Commemorative Fleshlight". $10 for those at donation level over $5000.

More realistically, Chris Roberts will just release a limited edition 3D printed mold of his dick so that all the whale backers can continue to get hosed by him even after this project burns to the ground.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Rad Russian posted:

At this point they're just being manipulatively abusive.

Sludge_McBain
Jul 24, 2012

Whisky not Whiskey
I have an idea for a space computer game. Who do I speak to for funding?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Imagine being this guy.

Pogue Ma Hoon
Oct 17, 2013

I like a nice pair of slacks.
I've been away. How many banned Seraph alts are we at now?

Atlanton
Mar 23, 2013
I requested a refund and this was the response:

quote:

Normally we do not refund past the 14 day grace period except on a discretionary basis and under extenuating circumstances as the money has already been committed to the development of the game. As your pledges are old, I may not be able to offer you a full refund. I will however, ask my manager if you could give me reasons for your request to help make the decision.

I'd like to tell him to pound dirt, but I'd also like my money back.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Yeah gotta say Sandi really showing that it doesn't take a diploma to make money just a lack of a moral compass to take advantage of the mentally ill. So cheers to her. People who are saying she is unqualified probably should back off of that because look how effective she really is at her job. Infact without her I am pretty sure Croberts would have crashed and burned by now already.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Atlanton posted:

I requested a refund and this was the response:

I'd like to tell him to pound dirt, but I'd also like my money back.

Tell him to pound dirt and then just do a chargeback. Get your money back + telling them to go gently caress themselves in one move. They promised the product already by now when you put money into it and now there is nothing there so they are just literally stealing your money. Tell your credit card / bank about it they shouldn't have a problem doing a chargeback.

edit: I am pretty sure once enough people do chargebacks it just becomes nearly automatic as they lose their standing.

I mean you could always do a sob story and try to get it back without it like you are having a financial emergency but the people who are getting refunds are talking about it taking over a month already and some of them even said they falsely where told they where getting a refund and never received it. On top of the fact that they are trying to not give full refunds so they are skimming off the top. So why bother with all that headache at this point and just go straight for a charge back. It is not your problem they spent that money on development, any reputable company would give you your money back if they couldn't deliver the product you payed for so why is this the exception?

Vire fucked around with this message at 19:58 on Nov 11, 2015

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Awesome. I especially liked the Inner Sphere map and two battletech references. The dude is probably an MWO bittervet too.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Like for real that " as the money has already been committed to the development of the game." is another huge warning siren going off.

If this company was flush with cash like the cultist believe then why would they hesitate to give you your money back and risk a chargeback? They are trying to guilt trip you into not pursuing your refund that you are entitled to. I don't even know how you could do that job and sleep at night it's so slimey.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Vire posted:

I don't even know how you could do that job and sleep at night it's so slimey.

probably the laid back work environment.

lol.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

Haha this guy is an idiot he doesn't even realize that elite came out 6 years before wing commander did in 1984. Also wearing aviators inside is so sad its almost not even worth making fun of. Gotta say though most of his other stuff in the video was pretty on point. Maybe some of the SC fanboys will finally use their brain if they think it's coming from one of their own. I doubt it though.

Vire fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Nov 11, 2015

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

This guy's hilariously dressed but makes some good points.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Maybe Croberts should have been given a fern, then an ant farm, and then maybe a gerbil to verify being a responsible adult before the internet gave him an orphanage with 94 million crying babbys.

/\/\/\/\ best part is the interview footage between Battletech devs and SC god Croberts promising a second coming of space sims.

Rad Russian
Aug 15, 2007

Soviet Power Supreme!
I also feel bad the Kingdom Come team shared their CryEngine layered character customization tech with this pile of crap (back when both were in kickstarter mode). Did SC ever end up implementing it anyway?

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

Chalks posted:

So what they're doing is inviting loads of strangers (so many people they couldn't print enough plastic cards for them all over the period of 4 months) to meetings at their offices with very little prior notice in as their entry in the "what could possibly go wrong?" Olympics.

this implies they only have one entry into that contest

2/10, VERY MISLEADING

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh
Nope good to see that the reddit thread is the same old down vote machine with any dissenting opinion being downvoted into oblivion while the echo chambers is in full force. They are literally enraged by the thought someone might be concerned for their financial stability. Although it probably could have said anything and have been down voted because SA was in the username.

Vire fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Nov 11, 2015

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Vire posted:

Haha this guy is an idiot he doesn't even realize that elite came out 6 years before wing commander did in 1984.
Yeah - dude needs to do a little research next time. he looks dumb enough calling himself the Rageaholic and applying crap B&W filters to the videos he records while wearing sunglasses indoors in a room with edgy poster walls.. He doesn't need to double down on that by getting basic game chronology facts so wrong.

Vire
Nov 4, 2005

Like a Bosh

G0RF posted:

Yeah - dude needs to do a little research next time. he looks dumb enough calling himself the Rageaholic and applying crap B&W filters to the videos he records while wearing sunglasses indoors in a room with edgy poster walls.. He doesn't need to double down on that by getting basic game chronology facts so wrong.

Dude was just trying to take a cheap pot shot at elite fans because they actually have a working game so there's not much you can insult them with. To bad he picked something that could be proven 100% false as a fact making him look like a sore loser retard.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

Vire posted:

Nope good to see that the reddit thread is the same old down vote machine with any dissenting opinion being downvoted into oblivion while the echo chambers is in full force. They are literally enraged by the thought someone might be concerned for their financial stability. Although it probably could have said anything and have been down voted because SA was in the username.

Nah, my alt without SA in the username gets downvoted just as much. Every once in a while I post to take the temp of the reddit SC cultists, so far the cult is still going strong.

"why the gently caress would you care about me or any other stranger life/money? Stop pretending you do, if you have doubts and money problems deal with them don't preach your fears to strangers, no one cares lol"

and

"Stop telling me what to do with my loving money and mind your own business!"

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Vire posted:

Haha this guy is an idiot he doesn't even realize that elite came out 6 years before wing commander did in 1984.
And Spacim came out in 1974 and had 32-player MP at one frame per second.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

Rad Russian posted:

I also feel bad the Kingdom Come team shared their CryEngine layered character customization tech with this pile of crap (back when both were in kickstarter mode). Did SC ever end up implementing it anyway?

I did get a look at Kingdom Come on Gamescon this year. And it does look really nice. Has nice animations. The swordplay is very close to historical sword combat and is actually fun to use. Riding a horse also has momentum. Overall it did look pretty wel polished. I guess it will be a nice singleplayer game.

• Locked thread