Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DemonTrigger
May 30, 2011

I'M MAKIN' IT GP RAIN

Nude posted:

I love these videos, but I still couldn't find that drat camera one, zeixpe definitely seems to be the guy though, I'll keep browsing his videos (there is a lot might of missed one). Thanks for the help though!

This might be the one you're looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZwGwPTYxE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Zero One posted:

In terms of bad simulator game glitches I was always a fan of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCpJAy2MFdE
Skip ahead to 14m for the best part.

The Yogscast had an amazing video for this game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhwMm_H3ukM

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH

Tunicate posted:

Yeah, wasn't it that all elephants would swear a blood oath against you the moment any elephant died?

They never forget...

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.

DemonTrigger posted:

This might be the one you're looking for?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpZwGwPTYxE

Holy poo poo! Yes thanks so much. Finally that tiny void is filled!

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

pulp rag posted:

Dwarf Fortress stories, like Space Station 13, are what give this thread life. :allears:

I still remember a time when I had a fortress in its first or second year and had, on a whim, checked the reports menu, which notifies you of things like fights breaking out. And to my surprise one of my huntsdorfs had been getting into fights with deer fawns. Lots of fights. Pages, and pages, and pages of fights. So I start looking into it and I found that he wasn't fighting multiple fawns, he was just fighting one over and over again. Over the course of ten minutes I pieces together what happened.

So this dorf was out hunting, and came across this deer fawn and fired a bolt at it, a bolt that went wide. Turns out that was his last bolt. But he was determined to kill this baby whitetail, so he sprinted over and, rather than bludgeon it to death with his crossbow, tackled the fawn and put it in a chokehold. The animal promptly passed out and so the hunter let go. Immediately the fawn regained consciousness but, before it could act, the dorf started to throttle it again. And so it went, over and over and over, chokeslamming this deer into momentary unconsciousness, it trying to escape after it immediately wakes up, and chokeslamming it again, for an entire spring half of summer. Eventually the dorf had to give up and go eat some plump helmet seed stew because he was literally dying of thirst and starvation as well as being a physiological wreck from fighting nonstop for a full third of the year and being out in the elements just as long.

I have never seen anything in a video game so absolutely determined to kill something while simultaneously being so loving awful at it.

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Who What Now posted:

I still remember a time when I had a fortress in its first or second year and had, on a whim, checked the reports menu, which notifies you of things like fights breaking out. And to my surprise one of my huntsdorfs had been getting into fights with deer fawns. Lots of fights. Pages, and pages, and pages of fights. So I start looking into it and I found that he wasn't fighting multiple fawns, he was just fighting one over and over again. Over the course of ten minutes I pieces together what happened.

So this dorf was out hunting, and came across this deer fawn and fired a bolt at it, a bolt that went wide. Turns out that was his last bolt. But he was determined to kill this baby whitetail, so he sprinted over and, rather than bludgeon it to death with his crossbow, tackled the fawn and put it in a chokehold. The animal promptly passed out and so the hunter let go. Immediately the fawn regained consciousness but, before it could act, the dorf started to throttle it again. And so it went, over and over and over, chokeslamming this deer into momentary unconsciousness, it trying to escape after it immediately wakes up, and chokeslamming it again, for an entire spring half of summer. Eventually the dorf had to give up and go eat some plump helmet seed stew because he was literally dying of thirst and starvation as well as being a physiological wreck from fighting nonstop for a full third of the year and being out in the elements just as long.

I have never seen anything in a video game so absolutely determined to kill something while simultaneously being so loving awful at it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

For some reason it's not on Youtube so I can't just link it but they encountered a really goofy glitch in the Giant Bomb video for WWE2K16. They were doing a career mode match against Tyler Breeze when all of a sudden he just stops fighting and leaves the ring, walking up the ramp until he can't go any farther and just hangs out there until he gets counted out.

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
I am still a fan of the "stuff lodges in wound" system from Dwarf Fortress. Dwarves tossing lions into other lions, making one lion get stuck in another is something magical.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

muscles like this? posted:

For some reason it's not on Youtube so I can't just link it but they encountered a really goofy glitch in the Giant Bomb video for WWE2K16. They were doing a career mode match against Tyler Breeze when all of a sudden he just stops fighting and leaves the ring, walking up the ramp until he can't go any farther and just hangs out there until he gets counted out.

Glitch? Probably. But getting himself counted out because he no longer wants to wrestle an uggo is exactly what Tyler Breeze would do, and has attempted to do before(the other guy usually chases and pulls him back.) So it's entirely in character.

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

Zero One posted:

In terms of bad simulator game glitches I was always a fan of this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jCpJAy2MFdE
Skip ahead to 14m for the best part.
Would be nicer if the video wasn't full of CLACK CLACK CLACK CLICK CLACK CLUNK

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Croccers posted:

Would be nicer if the video wasn't full of CLACK CLACK CLACK CLICK CLACK CLUNK

Also if the most boring dude in the world wasn't talking boringly over the boring video. I am actually a little upset about how boring it was.

Dragonwagon
Mar 28, 2010

And that, as much as anything else, led to my drinking problem.
https://fat.gfycat.com/HandsomeAdeptAdder.webm

Kruller
Feb 20, 2004

It's time to restore dignity to the Farnsworth name!

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Truckapoeira

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bah gawd that's Booker T behind the wheel of that semi!

Flight Bisque
Feb 23, 2008

There is, surprisingly, always hope.

Alaois posted:

Explains the two star wanted level.

pulp rag
Feb 25, 2013

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Alaois posted:

Wait a minute!

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.

Cicadas! posted:

Truckapoeira

Caboeira. :colbert:

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

Breaker-Breaker 2: Electric Boogaloo

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUOtprD3CQs

john cena

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

The trouble with doorways in Fallout 4:

http://i.imgur.com/hD4Djto.gifv

Looking forward to this being a Fallout-heavy thread in the near future.

Angry Diplomat
Nov 7, 2009

Winner of the TSR Memorial Award for Excellence In Grogging
Well, it doesn't really communicate all that well from the screenshot, but I thought the game's response to my plaintive cry into the void was pretty funny:

(It locked up my controls and wouldn't let me do anything at all immediately after the intro sequence completed, leaving me trapped and paralyzed in boring tutorial hell for eternity)

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
in fallout 4, if you try to interact with something and your character doesn't physically fit into the place where they need to stand to interact with it, or there's something blocking your path to that place, all your controls are disabled and you just run towards it for ever and you have to reload a save or something. sometimes you'll eventually make it there, like, last time i tried to insert a fusion core into power armor the game had me running in place for a solid 2 minutes then suddenly teleported me into the right place

i'm now quicksaving before interacting with anything

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Grey Fox posted:

Looking forward to this being a Fallout-heavy thread in the near future.

Aight, here's one.

At the beginning of the game, you're tasked with building some basic stuff for your first settlement; some beds, a water supply, etc. After building everything and heading back to the NPC who tasked me with it, I toggled running and must've tripped over some really nasty rocks because after about 2 meters I instantly died and my ragdolling corpse flung a good 20-30 meters into the distance. I hadn't saved.

Also, if you detonate or pick up a mine laying on the ground, then quickload.. the mine will still be gone :iiam:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Another Fallout glitch, but one in favor of the player

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Your Computer posted:

Also, if you detonate or pick up a mine laying on the ground, then quickload.. the mine will still be gone :iiam:

I completely hosed up my Fallout 3 game by reverse pickpocketing mines to everyone I met.

All went well until I downloaded an atomic mine mod and 'gifted' them to the travelling merchants. From that point on, dead merchants and their mutants cows would occasionally rain form the sky onto my head anywhere on the map and crash my game.

I really wish Bethesda would let you give something to someone without them turning hostile. Look, if I give someone 1000 bottle caps they shouldn't then turn around and try to kill me.

Literally Kermit
Mar 4, 2012
t

Gorilla Salad posted:

I completely hosed up my Fallout 3 game by reverse pickpocketing mines to everyone I met.

All went well until I downloaded an atomic mine mod and 'gifted' them to the travelling merchants. From that point on, dead merchants and their mutants cows would occasionally rain form the sky onto my head anywhere on the map and crash my game.

I really wish Bethesda would let you give something to someone without them turning hostile. Look, if I give someone 1000 bottle caps they shouldn't then turn around and try to kill me.

Fukkin metal as hell

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I discovered this on my own by mistake yesterday. I was heading back because I thought there was a computer locked with advanced and just sent him off.

FunMerrania
Mar 3, 2013

Blast Processing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vVUqaw-1cG4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4EHjFkVw-s

"It just works!"

FunMerrania has a new favorite as of 18:18 on Nov 11, 2015

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Oh my god bethesda this is worse than in dark souls 2 :cripes:

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Gestalt Intellect posted:

I mean, that's why you get locked framerates in the first place, because the engine has things tied to framerate. Dark Souls 1 had the problem too, where modding to unlock the framerate made you sometimes fall through the world when climbing ladders and completely hosed over jumping gaps in most places in the game. It happens and it's kind of funny to me how many people are in the mindset that the only reason you get locked framerate is out of developer spite

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
in a hat in time you can one-shot bosses by setting the game to 12fps because the game has an animation to bounce you out of the hitbox and it doesnt run fast enough at 12fps

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Gestalt Intellect posted:

DS2 would mess up if you went above 30 FPS, not only if you went all the way to 255 dude. :psyduck:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Dark souls 2 didn't speed up across the board. The frame rate only affected durability and a few other specific cases which were important but not nearly as important as the entire game speed.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

I'm not entirely sure I buy it. If it showed the guy moving from one area to another and having the physics dynamically change, then I'd believe it (I don't own the game). But this could so easily be someone deliberately loving with their files and recording two sessions.

It's like all those "isolated vocals" videos that have some fuckhead yodel into a mic and claim that modern pop stars can't sing. I just don't believe this footage as it stands.

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
try lockpicking with capped/uncapped framerates for a super obvious demonstration

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

im full of poo poo posted:

try lockpicking with capped/uncapped framerates for a super obvious demonstration

Sure seems like this can be fixed by using the framerate cap. Is it enabled by default?

arnbiguous
Feb 2, 2014
Gary’s Answer
yes, it is capped at 30fps by default on PC, which looks like poo poo

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I wish I was one of those wizards that could tell the difference between 100 and 200 frames per second

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Your Computer posted:

Aight, here's one.

At the beginning of the game, you're tasked with building some basic stuff for your first settlement; some beds, a water supply, etc. After building everything and heading back to the NPC who tasked me with it, I toggled running and must've tripped over some really nasty rocks because after about 2 meters I instantly died and my ragdolling corpse flung a good 20-30 meters into the distance. I hadn't saved.

This exact same thing happened to me today. I couldn't stop laughing.