Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

kalensc posted:

Spy Who Shagged Me has to appear during some future Summer Blockbuster Extravaganza.

Spy Who Shagged I still think is a legit good movie. Goldmember, on the other hand, is a mess: Legal problems during production, running jokes into the ground, body comedy that just doesn't work, bad musical numbers, origin stories, bad new characters, way too self aware.

Sort of surprised Austin Powers just hasn't been reborn as a series of Austin Powers, Jr. DTV things like how Ace Ventura got a Ace Jr.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

JediTalentAgent posted:

Spy Who Shagged I still think is a legit good movie. Goldmember, on the other hand, is a mess: Legal problems during production, running jokes into the ground, body comedy that just doesn't work, bad musical numbers, origin stories, bad new characters, way too self aware.

And Michael Caine impersonations.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

weekly font posted:

And Michael Caine impersonations.

Can he find a way to blame that movie on Reno?

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

The first Austin Powers is a good movie ruined by insufferable fans. Every Austin Powers movie afterward basically was one of those insufferable fans.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Arturo Ui posted:

They could be doing Supergirl next week considering the new TV show.

Give the man a prize!
Man, comic book movies in the 80s were so bad.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

duz posted:

Give the man a prize!
Man, comic book movies in the 80s were so bad.

Squirt squirt and next week looks like it Bernie's next week.

bobkatt013 fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Nov 10, 2015

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
It's pretty funny that Never Say Never Again kind of combines the old man stuff from Skyfall and the 'it's just a bad bond movie' stuff from Spectre. I'm actually surprised that they don't mention the link to the previous Bond, because that was a pretty big aspect of it, albeit in not quite the comedic way it was here.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica
The shoutout to Santa Claus: The Movie as a Stay Tuned is exciting because it was so weird that for the longest time I thought it was a movie I had imagined as a kid based on a bunch of disparate Christmas movies. It really is a movie that's just mostly elves frolicking and building toys aimlessly, it's like a musical that they forgot to actually make songs for.

The one good thing is John Lithgow over-acting as an evil cigar-chomping 80s executive, the scene where they introduce him is at a hearing where his company is being charged for making stuffed animals full of nails and broken glass that feels like ot belongs to a completely different, better movie.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Is this the first episode they actually defined what a "tall glass of water" is? I figured it out a while ago, but I can't imagine it made any sense to someone that's not familiar with bongs.

Weird Sandwich
Dec 28, 2011

FIRE FIRE FIRE hehehehe!
Well for a while I thought they were just talking about alcohol, it made enough sense in context.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I used to keep getting it confused with "tall drink of water", which made less sense.

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Weird Sandwich posted:

Well for a while I thought they were just talking about alcohol, it made enough sense in context.

Yeah, that's what I always thought they meant as well.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
They've said they've watched movies with a few beers and a tall glass of water which is weed

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

Sleeveless posted:

The shoutout to Santa Claus: The Movie as a Stay Tuned is exciting because it was so weird that for the longest time I thought it was a movie I had imagined as a kid based on a bunch of disparate Christmas movies. It really is a movie that's just mostly elves frolicking and building toys aimlessly, it's like a musical that they forgot to actually make songs for.

The one good thing is John Lithgow over-acting as an evil cigar-chomping 80s executive, the scene where they introduce him is at a hearing where his company is being charged for making stuffed animals full of nails and broken glass that feels like ot belongs to a completely different, better movie.

I know nothing about it, but Steve's description sold me

:gonk: The merriment won't stop! :gonk::gonk::gonk:

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

I do hope they do Santa Claus: The Movie, because it's also a Santa origin story. "Have you ever wondered how Santa Claus...became Santa?"

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

I do hope they do Santa Claus: The Movie, because it's also a Santa origin story. "Have you ever wondered how Santa Claus...became Santa?"

Does this Santa enjoy stalking and child labor?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Does this Santa enjoy stalking and child labor?
...kinda? He does take a shine to a homeless orphan boy.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Evil Mastermind posted:

...kinda? He does take a shine to a homeless orphan boy.

Not my Santa

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXKOF6rntUg

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

Evil Mastermind posted:

I saw "Santa Claus: The Movie" as a tiny chick and recalled it fondly, with the happy elves and the workshop and the toy-making machines and the reindeer food. Then I watched it as an adult and learned it's one of those deeply strange kids' movies where the strangeness doesn't hit you until you watch it with adult eyes. With that in mind, it, "The Santa Clause", and "Rise of the Guardians" would make a great "What the Hell, Santa?" triple-feature.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

So I'm guessing they won't be plugging DraftKings anymore? http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/14100780/newyork-attorney-general-declares-daily-fantasy-sports-gambling

Also, I died during that tangent where they just made fun of Jimmy Olson, pedophile.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

So I'm guessing they won't be plugging DraftKings anymore? http://espn.go.com/chalk/story/_/id/14100780/newyork-attorney-general-declares-daily-fantasy-sports-gambling

Also, I died during that tangent where they just made fun of Jimmy Olson, pedophile.

Hey want to go to popeye chicken?

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Evil Mastermind posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzFDcjesuVs

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Just so people know, Lithgow is pretty much at that "FREEEEEE?!?!" level through most of the movie.

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

I had no idea they were talking about weed.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

A terrible part of me wants Tim Burton to reboot this movie.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Hands down the funniest bit in the episode.

bbf2
Nov 22, 2007

"The White Shadow"

GrandpaPants posted:

A terrible part of me wants Tim Burton to reboot this movie.

"No, you see, Johnny Depp needs to wear white face paint in order to play Santa Claus because..."

fatherboxx
Mar 25, 2013

Thank god, every podcast I listen to is free to go back into the loving embrace of chocolate jalapeno nom-noms

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Calaveron posted:

They've said they've watched movies with a few beers and a tall glass of water which is weed

Specifically I'm fairly sure "tall glass of water" is a reference to bongs being usually tall and usually filled with water.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

precision posted:

Is this the first episode they actually defined what a "tall glass of water" is? I figured it out a while ago, but I can't imagine it made any sense to someone that's not familiar with bongs.

I'm pretty sure they came out and said "We're talking about marijuana" during one of their mailbag episodes. Those are funny as poo poo, by the way, for anyone who isn't listening to them.

e X
Feb 23, 2013

cool but crude
You know, we were all making GBS threads on those ads, but I think they really stepped up their game recently to make them funny to listen to. the ones in Freddy vs. Jason were pretty hilarious. HATE!

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
promo code HATE

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

bobkatt013 posted:

Hey want to go to popeye chicken?

Their new sponsorships should be Popeye's and Burger King.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

More like

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Without Draft Kings ads we'll return to the dark times of Harry's Razors, where most podcasts will just read the script about the mythical vault of razors where 2 employees must simultaneously turn their key in order to open the door so you can buy your $40 pack of 4 blades.

Detective No. 27
Jun 7, 2006

I'm alright with Harry's Razors ads. They felt less scummy than the Draft Kinds ads, and shaving produces actual scum.

I thought they said it was James Bond month, or was I imagining that?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Detective No. 27 posted:

I'm alright with Harry's Razors ads. They felt less scummy than the Draft Kinds ads, and shaving produces actual scum.

I thought they said it was James Bond month, or was I imagining that?

Not so much a James Bond month, but they're doing a few things for it. The next AD is James Bond Jr.

Which of course makes no sense since Bond isn't a code name, so why would his name change because he goes to spy school.

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

Jose Oquendo posted:

promo code HATE

I don't actually listen to it, but there's a podcast called Risk that encourages people to sign up for risk-free trials using promo code RISK

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

Jose Oquendo posted:

Which of course makes no sense since Bond isn't a code name, so why would his name change because he goes to spy school.
It's actually supposed to be Bond's nephew or something.