Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Podima posted:

Chic has been mostly posting a lot about not playing and taking easy shots at people (poked me for voting merk when he/she already had a jokevote on merk), which I don't like.

Two "sorry I've been busy" posts in like a 10 minute timespan isn't exactly "a lot" there friendo, that's pretty disingenuous

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
For the record, Quid's townreading me still gives me ~vibes~, because it didn't come across as a joke to me and it feels weird that Quid is trying to spin it as one. Day 1 town reads always ping me.

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
To reiterate, here's my case on Podima

Podima posted:

The start of the whole 'scumslip' saga for those who are lazy. I don't love it but it's a decent backup. For now, ##vote merk till he resurfaces.

This is crap. He sets Vimes up as a potential "backup" candidate when he hasn't voiced real suspicions beyond a policy vote on Kash and a lazy bangwagon vote on MMG, then votes merk on no case whatsoever. When called on it, he responds with this:

Podima posted:

To briefly and succinctly explain myself because it was a bad post:

- I think SSV's earlier post and reactions to people probing him over it were notable.
- I think Merk's absence/forgetting about the game when he tends to pride himself on his Mafia gameplay is notable.

I would vote for either of them. I phrased my post poorly by saying one thing and voting another.

Hopefully that makes more sense!

He cops to his last post being bad, and then says that behaviors of Vimes and merk are "notable" while saying he would vote them, but doesn't explain why that notability has any bearing on alignment.

Podima posted:

So was that a voice-to-text goof or something, merk? ##unvote

i generally got a slew of 'lol meta reads are dumb' responses, though two people's replies were notable.

Chic Trombone me-too'd onto the request and then doubled down on it when Kash challenged him:

Birdstrike gave a solid effortpost and included his own scumtells, which I find to be a pretty townie move:

Chic has been mostly posting a lot about not playing and taking easy shots at people (poked me for voting merk when he/she already had a jokevote on merk), which I don't like.

Again, describing things that have happened, and calling them "notable" without explaining why it's any sort of alignment tell, aside from birb, whom he calls townie.

Finally, we have the vote on Chic:

Podima posted:

Maybe this is something I don't get about the ~SA Mafia Meta~ but is it really that important to slam a vote down with every post/read on d1? If so, then ##vote Chic Trombone to back up my read. Would also vote MMG.

This reads fake to me. He obviously doesn't want to vote on the weak accusation he's made on Chic, but seems self-conscious that it's scummy while excusing his lack of a vote by citing the ~SA Mafia Meta~, which is a poor excuse and the easy way out.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Hey ANarc what do you think about SSV, EXAKT, Podima, etc.?

Not a fan of the way she came in and dropped a lurker vote without comment

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Chic Trombone posted:

Mafia edit: commenting on anything else going on.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Kashuno why did you vote merk but then agree with him that Kat wax potentially a good lynch?

HiipFire posted:

man I liked it when auspol games just ended up pushing xenophobic lynches like 5 minutes before the deadline instead of this actually scumhunting thing

They used to have like 12 hour days though.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Chic Trombone posted:

My very first post on the last page was addressing the SSV/exakt thing.

And my last posts on the last page were addressing the MMG thing.

It's pretty disingenuous to say I'm not commenting on anything else going on.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Looking back I admit I didn't see your first post, that's my bad. I don't see where you mention EXAKT though, just SSV

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

EXAKT Science posted:

To reiterate, here's my case on Podima

This is crap. He sets Vimes up as a potential "backup" candidate when he hasn't voiced real suspicions beyond a policy vote on Kash and a lazy bangwagon vote on MMG, then votes merk on no case whatsoever. When called on it, he responds with this:

He cops to his last post being bad, and then says that behaviors of Vimes and merk are "notable" while saying he would vote them, but doesn't explain why that notability has any bearing on alignment.

Again, describing things that have happened, and calling them "notable" without explaining why it's any sort of alignment tell, aside from birb, whom he calls townie.

Finally, we have the vote on Chic:

This reads fake to me. He obviously doesn't want to vote on the weak accusation he's made on Chic, but seems self-conscious that it's scummy while excusing his lack of a vote by citing the ~SA Mafia Meta~, which is a poor excuse and the easy way out.

I think this is a good case on Podima. That first post definitely gives me vibes~

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Birdstrike posted:

Kashuno why did you vote merk but then agree with him that Kat wax potentially a good lynch?

merk posted trash, then didn't.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Chic Trombone posted:

Looking back I admit I didn't see your first post, that's my bad. I don't see where you mention EXAKT though, just SSV

I called out Tommunist for attacking SSV, he said "why me and not exakt" and "look at this in the context of jokephase" and I looked back and said okay I see what you're saying. It was all related.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Birdstrike posted:

12 hour days are fun tho

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

EXAKT Science posted:

What was really pinging me about Quid was the way he dropped in and felt almost smug about not reading the thread. It irked me when we have people lurking and and people who are contributing a lot, and then Quid who was coming in and not contributing but making a big show of it. Unfortunately, I'm not in office today, so I'm not going to be around between now and deadline. Since Quid showed up and actually started contributing a bit, I'd much rather go back to voting Podima, because I feelt aht's a stronger case right now.

##vote Podima

I actually really dislike this reasoning. First of all, I haven't been contributing, I've been asking questions and kinda just hanging around. I still haven't read the thread, I haven't cased anyone, and to back away from me is really freaking strange, especially with this many words.

Furthermore, merk also came in with the same "I haven't read the thread" attitude, and although he's read a bit of it and has contributed far more than me, it's odd that EXAKT doesn't bring him up even as a point of comparison.

Everything surroudning this looks real fake. ##vote EXAKT

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidnose posted:

I actually really dislike this reasoning. First of all, I haven't been contributing, I've been asking questions and kinda just hanging around. I still haven't read the thread, I haven't cased anyone, and to back away from me is really freaking strange, especially with this many words.

Furthermore, merk also came in with the same "I haven't read the thread" attitude, and although he's read a bit of it and has contributed far more than me, it's odd that EXAKT doesn't bring him up even as a point of comparison.

I think you just addressed the reason for the "oddness" yourself.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

This can't be real

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Hey everyone, here's the player list and the post count since the feature doesn't work currently:

EXAKT Science 80
CCKeane 46
Birdstrike 37
imgay 37
Kashuno 37
SirSamVimes 31
Kommando 29
Ixtlilton 28
MysticalMachineGun 28
Tommunist 27
Bifauxnen 24
Quidnose 22
Chic Trombone 20
merk 18
fiery_valkyrie 17
HiipFire 16
iajanus 16
Podima 16
Tremendous Taste 15
AnonymousNarcotics 11
thatbastardken 10
Kat Delacour 9
bowmore 6
bromplicated 6
Little Mac 3

Don't expect me to do this that often because it's a pain :)

To be honest I'm always down a lurker lynch on Day 1 - as I've said previously all scum have to do to survive D1 is lie low while town thrash at each other, especially since the lurkers have now had something like 40 hours to show up. In that regard we've got some excellent candidates down the bottom of the list there, but I'm going to ##vote bromplicated due to poo poo like this:

bromplicated posted:

Is there any chance all the scum could just come out of the woodwork and cop to their evil deeds?? I don't want to read too much, thanks.

bromplicated posted:

do you guys still want to mass claim?

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Doesn't vote finder keep count?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
The other post on CCKeane is a joke post so not going to include it:

Kommando posted:

Yeah, nah.

That's not strange at all.

##vote CCKeane

How do you (and i guess the thread at large) feel about CCKeane as a Jester, its the only way these posts make any sense to me.

CCKeane posted:

Vimes is probably the most scummy but my sincere vote for day one is likely going to be on a lurker because gently caress those guys.

I will investigate Vimes or whoever because I'm a cop, I'm the cop the scum should kill me in order to neutralize my devastating power.

CCKeane posted:

Wow, claiming vibes on the mod confirmed town power role, pretty shady business.

CCKeane posted:

In my PM, silly.

The mod confirmed my role in the PM he sent me.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

gently caress I hope not.

*checks*

No, I don't think so.

Tommunist posted:

How do you (and i guess the thread at large) feel about CCKeane as a Jester, its the only way these posts make any sense to me.

What's the jester role again?

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 1

SirSamVimes (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Tremendous Taste, Bifauxnen, EXAKT Science
Kashuno (2): Tommunist, Podima, Podima, imgay, Tommunist, Birdstrike
CCKeane (2): Birdstrike, thatbastardken, Birdstrike, Kommando
Birdstrike (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, MysticalMachineGun, Ixtlilton, MysticalMachineGun
merk (1): Chic Trombone, Kommando, Podima, Kommando, Kashuno, Kashuno, Podima
Chic Trombone (1): Podima
bromplicated (1): MysticalMachineGun, MysticalMachineGun, MysticalMachineGun
Podima (1): Kommando, Kommando, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
EXAKT Science (1): MysticalMachineGun, Quidnose, MysticalMachineGun
Ixtlilton (1): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
bowmore (1): AnonymousNarcotics
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Tommunist
MysticalMachineGun (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Podima, Kashuno, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Podima, Kashuno, Kashuno
Kat Delacour (1): merk, merk, merk
thatbastardken (1): MysticalMachineGun, HiipFire, MysticalMachineGun
imgay (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Quidnose, Kommando, Quidnose
Quidnose (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Tommunist (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Kommando (0): Bifauxnen, MysticalMachineGun, MysticalMachineGun, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (7): bowmore, bromplicated, CCKeane, iajanus, Kat Delacour, Little Mac, SirSamVimes

With 25 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 12th, 2015 at 12:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 1 minute.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

MysticalMachineGun posted:

What's the jester role again?

"A Jester is a fairly uncommon third-party role that must be executed to win the game"

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I don't think Keane is a jester, it's just Keane being Keane. Also if you think he's a jester your best bet is to ignore him.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
A jester's job is to get lynched. Claiming cop is doing the exact opposite of that. Unless he's some weird reverse jester that has to get NKed. Which is def possible since anidav said he invented some roles

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Votecount for Day 1

SirSamVimes (2): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Tremendous Taste, Bifauxnen, EXAKT Science
Kashuno (2): Tommunist, Podima, Podima, imgay, Tommunist, Birdstrike
CCKeane (2): Birdstrike, thatbastardken, Birdstrike, Kommando
Birdstrike (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, MysticalMachineGun, Ixtlilton, MysticalMachineGun
merk (1): Chic Trombone, Kommando, Podima, Kommando, Kashuno, Kashuno, Podima
Chic Trombone (1): Podima
bromplicated (1): MysticalMachineGun, MysticalMachineGun, MysticalMachineGun
Podima (1): Kommando, Kommando, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
EXAKT Science (1): MysticalMachineGun, Quidnose, MysticalMachineGun
Ixtlilton (1): fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie, fiery_valkyrie
bowmore (1): AnonymousNarcotics
AnonymousNarcotics (1): Tommunist
MysticalMachineGun (1): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science, Podima, Kashuno, Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen, Podima, Kashuno, Kashuno
Kat Delacour (1): merk, merk, merk
thatbastardken (1): MysticalMachineGun, HiipFire, MysticalMachineGun
imgay (0): Quidnose, Quidnose
Bifauxnen (0): Kommando, Quidnose, Kommando, Quidnose
Quidnose (0): EXAKT Science, EXAKT Science
Tommunist (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
Kommando (0): Bifauxnen, MysticalMachineGun, MysticalMachineGun, Bifauxnen

Not Voting (7): bowmore, bromplicated, CCKeane, iajanus, Kat Delacour, Little Mac, SirSamVimes

With 25 alive, it's 13 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 12th, 2015 at 12:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours.

Hey so uh. Deadline is in 4 hours apparently?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Just throwing the idea out there since his posting comes across to me as wanting to get night killed/lynched in thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
How is it a surprise to you the deadline is coming up

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

I think you just addressed the reason for the "oddness" yourself.

What? What does this have to do with anything? I was talking about Merk. Why would EXAKT come in and dismiss his case on me as "he's contributing" when he has a direct comparison point to merk, who also said "I haven't read anything," and then actually DID contribute?

I don't see your point at all.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Morning all. I still think the SSV case is at least as good as any of the other D1 suspects, but I'd be up for MMG or Podima or Quidnose instead. (Or some other lurker if things swing that way fast enough)

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kashuno posted:

How is it a surprise to you the deadline is coming up

That was an expression of concern, considering how spread the votes are

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Kashuno you are doing a ton of sniping and not a lot of anything else on this page and having just played a scum game with you this is reminiscent of that, what's the deal

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all. I still think the SSV case is at least as good as any of the other D1 suspects, but I'd be up for MMG or Podima or Quidnose instead. (Or some other lurker if things swing that way fast enough)

##vote Bif

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Tommunist posted:

Just throwing the idea out there since his posting comes across to me as wanting to get night killed/lynched in thread.

Nah this is pretty much standard Keane play rn

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Chic Trombone posted:

Nah this is pretty much standard Keane play rn

ah ok i don't think i've played with him before (except the soldiers game)

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Kashuno you are doing a ton of sniping and not a lot of anything else on this page and having just played a scum game with you this is reminiscent of that, what's the deal

My scum reads are Podima and Mmg and not much else to say yet. You are weirding me out and I think you might be scum, but not enough to make a case or vote on you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Great contribution.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Alright I guess it's time for me to actually read the thread.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Forgot I was still voting merk ##vote Podima

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

At this stage (since I may be in a meeting in the last hour and don't want to miss having my vote on the record) I'm agreeing with EXACT's post about Podima. Podima has been throwing out aspersions without any real weight or reasoning behind them, and then voting with only a flimsy rationale against the person who it would seem that he was always really wanting to vote the whole time, without ever giving any real reason why. To me it seems like a smokescreen to try to sound reasonable but still target someone directly and with some purpose, and I'm happy for this vote to stand (unless someone else puts their hand up before deadline as an obvious scum, of course).

## vote Podima

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidnose posted:

What? What does this have to do with anything? I was talking about Merk. Why would EXAKT come in and dismiss his case on me as "he's contributing" when he has a direct comparison point to merk, who also said "I haven't read anything," and then actually DID contribute?

I don't see your point at all.

I meant that when comparing two people, one of which has contributed more, the one who hasn't comes off as scummier.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

SirSamVimes posted:

I meant that when comparing two people, one of which has contributed more, the one who hasn't comes off as scummier.

Which is exactly my point as to not understanding why EXAKT dismissed me as "town" for "generating content." How are you not reading?

• Locked thread