Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Phylodox posted:

The point isn't that he's poor, the point is that it's funny that he's paying for his membership in a guild of supervillains with movie collectibles. Just like 21 tried to pay Doc to clone 24 with a comic book.

A comic worth half a million dollars. Man, I loved that episode framing device. Doc poo pooing Ka-zhar, I bet if Sheena was in it he'd be all over it.

I'll give you sooooo much money not to shoot your dad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

This is how we found out if Georgio ripped off his own ding dong in Castle Freak, we just tweeted the question to Stuart Gordon.

Did he?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Straight from Stuart Gordon's tweet, no, the Castle Freak did not tear off his own ding doing.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

bull3964 posted:

I bet it was the reason why she doesn't drive men.
She's only licensed for a single-engine Cessna.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Straight from Stuart Gordon's tweet, no, the Castle Freak did not tear off his own ding doing.

So disappointing

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Glad there's actually going to be a Season 6. Takes my mind off the lack of new Rick & Morty.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

Glad there's actually going to be a Season 6. Takes my mind off the lack of new Rick & Morty.

A depressing thought: these two shows will never, ever air concurrently. There will never be such a thing as a Rick and Morty -> Venture brothers lead-in or vice versa. That's kinda a bummer, especially considering they're the two best [as] homegrowns.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004
Does anyone happen to have a screengrab or know which episode(s?) Hank has a blue Venture Industries messenger bag? I recall it had white piping.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Frostwerks posted:

A depressing thought: these two shows will never, ever air concurrently. There will never be such a thing as a Rick and Morty -> Venture brothers lead-in or vice versa. That's kinda a bummer, especially considering they're the two best [as] homegrowns.

No, it's a good thing. This way, we won't have to divide our attentions and pay attention to both of them at the same time.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Another reason that's a good thing: both of them air at the same time, both of them end near the same time, and then we have nothing for like two years

Captain Blaargh
Apr 27, 2007

Yeah yeah yeah. How about some Scotch whiskey? You got any of that around here, or just a bunch of nonsense words?

Reporting in that I've just successfully hooked another friend onto the show with Ghosts of the Sargasso.

If you play by the rules, the ghost pirate rules, the best things will happen.

JMBosch
May 28, 2006

You're dead.
That's your greatest weapon.
From reddit:

"Venture Bros Unofficial Vector Logos to be used however you want"

Good stuff:

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

Man I want that Guild logo printed up on a nice quality hoodie sweater, would look bitching

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice
A huge regret I have is that, back when I had access to silk screen printing facilities back in college, I didn't use them to plaster all of my plain t-shirts with Venture Brothers logos.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I used to make heat press tshirts, this would be perfect.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Phylodox posted:

A huge regret I have is that, back when I had access to silk screen printing facilities back in college, I didn't use them to plaster all of my plain t-shirts with Venture Brothers logos.

I just crudely stenciled/spraypainted a Venture Industries logo onto a bag I got online the other day to create a vague replica of a bag Hank once had. I figured, anyone who would actually know what it is a gross weird nerd like me who knows that anyone who likes Venture Bros. still is pretty awesome.. Anyone who doesn't recognize it wouldn't notice it. I've had like 4 people compliment me on it so far.

Saucy Slit
Jul 27, 2011
The white/blue one that looks like an old Pan Am travel bag? That's flippin' awesome. I need one too.

feedmyleg
Dec 25, 2004

Saucy Slit posted:

The white/blue one that looks like an old Pan Am travel bag? That's flippin' awesome. I need one too.

Yeah, they're like $8 on Amazon.

e: I secretly hope to run into Doc or Jackson at some Lower East Side dive with it so they can call me a dork.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

feedmyleg posted:

Yeah, they're like $8 on Amazon.

e: I secretly hope to run into Doc or Jackson at some Lower East Side dive with it so they can call me a dork.

They'll take one look at you and tale you you masturbate enough.

Comrade Quack
Jun 6, 2006
Witty closing remarks have been replaced by massive head trauma and general stupidity.

feedmyleg posted:

Does anyone happen to have a screengrab or know which episode(s?) Hank has a blue Venture Industries messenger bag? I recall it had white piping.

No better grab but I think it's in Pomp and Circutry when Hank runs off to join Sphinx. http://www.theouthousers.com/index.php/reviews/10531-venture-brothers-410-pomp-and-circuitry.html

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
Was making dinner for my parents when I looked down and realized that the knife in my hand was a Wusthoff. It was all I I could do not to throw my head back and scream "PHANTOM LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMB!"

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Kesper North posted:

Was making dinner for my parents when I looked down and realized that the knife in my hand was a Wusthoff. It was all I I could do not to throw my head back and scream "PHANTOM LIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIMMMMMB!"

I have to ask: what is your avatar from?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Blind Sally posted:

I have to ask: what is your avatar from?

The best webcomic. http://gunnerkrigg.com/

The author posts on these forums as Tea-San.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Kesper North posted:

Possibly my favorite thing in that whole special is that the Monarch knows what kind of kitchen knives Phantom Limb prefers. He's a real professional of hate.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Pope Guilty posted:

Possibly my favorite thing in that whole special is that the Monarch knows what kind of kitchen knives Phantom Limb prefers. He's a real professional of hate.

It helps that Phantom Limb is loving obsessed with fine kitchen knives. He even dragged Dr. Ex-Girlfriend (at the time) to a knife store to look at them. "I shall prepare a MARINADE tonight!"

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!
A good set of knives will make all the difference in the kitchen. Hugely sympathetic to Phantom Limb in this instance.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

Blind Sally posted:

A good set of knives will make all the difference in the kitchen. Hugely sympathetic to Phantom Limb in this instance.

It was a fantastic knife after I sharpened it. Which I don't think had been done in years.

RandallODim
Dec 30, 2010

Another 1? Aww man...
This thread is revived by cutlery discussion as frequently as actual show news, and I love it for that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Blind Sally posted:

I feel like I gotta use my whole arm if I'm using a poor set of knives so I can relate

Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Dec 22, 2005

GET LOSE, YOU CAN'T COMPARE WITH MY POWERS
"finally someone who realizes the serration is only good for bread" is such a great line, phantom limb is as big a dork as 21

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax
It's a good one and I drop it semi seriously often and people hate me slightly more than they did beforehand.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

I've been interested in getting a knife set, and I have been looking at wusthofs because of this show.

Aurium
Oct 10, 2010

Jeffrey of YOSPOS posted:

"finally someone who realizes the serration is only good for bread" is such a great line, phantom limb is as big a dork as 21

I was at sam's club a few days ago, and one of the things being demoed in the frozen food area was a set of serrated knives.

He was demoing it sawing on a hammer, and all I could think was that it was still only good for bread.

tarlibone
Aug 1, 2014
Fun Shoe
I prefer serrated steak knives. My wife bought a new set of knives (and no, we're not fancy-knife rich; they are not Wusthoffs), and the steak knives are basically large paring knives, except not sharp. I hate these knives. I sharpened one just to try it out with a proper edge, and they're pure poop.

Serrated knives for steak. That's the hill I'll die on. But I'll leave my attackers with some jagged, rough lacerations. You know, on account of my serrated steak knife.

cenotaph
Mar 2, 2013

It's not cutlery per se but I can't figure out what the hell the serrated knife on my leatherman is for. The saw is better for branches and stuff, and the non-serrated blade is better for everything else I've needed to cut. Why is it there?

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY

cenotaph posted:

It's not cutlery per se but I can't figure out what the hell the serrated knife on my leatherman is for. The saw is better for branches and stuff, and the non-serrated blade is better for everything else I've needed to cut. Why is it there?

Bread.

TontoCorazon
Aug 18, 2007

cenotaph posted:

We literally just talked about this.

Its for bread.

Edit: Goddamnit

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

cenotaph posted:

tomatoes op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy
When you stab somebody, a serrated knife will make a nastier wound.