Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Also this joke phase is hellllaaaa insufferable. It was probably fun at the time though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh I completely misunderstood, I thought you were attacking his initial reason for voting you. :downs:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

bromplicated posted:

[bold]##octopus dude[/bold]

bromplicated posted:

$$vote for octopus dude

lol

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

##votecount

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That's not an actual command but here.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

MysticalMachineGun posted:

##unvote

I do love Day 1

This comes after some jokevotes by Mystical and it's kinda awkward. Why necessary to unvote?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That just reminded me that I don't have a vote down. ##vote Podima

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Quidnose posted:

This comes after some jokevotes by Mystical and it's kinda awkward. Why necessary to unvote?

Because they were joke votes. Many a lynch has occurred due to someone joke voting and then not taking it off in time.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

what a great case

This is also a really weird pointout.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Because they were joke votes. Many a lynch has occurred due to someone joke voting and then not taking it off in time.

In the beginning of D1 jokephase in a 25 person game?

Are you new?

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Quidnose posted:

Also this joke phase is hellllaaaa insufferable. It was probably fun at the time though

##vote quidnose

ur insufferable

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Quidnose posted:

In the beginning of D1 jokephase in a 25 person game?

Are you new?

In a multi-timezone game some cluey scum could get a train rolling while we're asleep, and when it turns out we lynched a townie suddenly the fingers would be pointed at me as being the first to vote for them. Savvy?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Man there are a LOT of people I don't know in this game.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

That's not an actual command but here.

Thanks, but I thought that command got Votefinder to post the count. :confuoot:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

In a multi-timezone game some cluey scum could get a train rolling while we're asleep, and when it turns out we lynched a townie suddenly the fingers would be pointed at me as being the first to vote for them. Savvy?

Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, that's not a thing that would happen.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Great contribution.

Yeah I thought so. Was wondering if I should try and make up more than what I already said just to look busy but then I remembered I was town.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Thanks, but I thought that command got Votefinder to post the count. :confuoot:

I can barely vote correctly, but I thought that command did the job, too. drat technical details.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah I thought so. Was wondering if I should try and make up more than what I already said just to look busy but then I remembered I was town.

:wow: @ this post

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
I'm gonna be out for deadline so:

##vote Podima

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I have to go to rehearsal but I'll try to check in until deadline. ##vote podima just in case

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

We like dry sarcasm in Australia, but I'm actually an American who migrated here's though so good news maybe you too can get the hang of it with time.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Quidnose posted:

Yeaaaaaaaaahhhhhh, that's not a thing that would happen.

You asked me why, I gave you my reasoning. Whether you agree with it or not is not my problem.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

No but seriously "I'm town so I don't have to try" is the worst loving excuse for lack of content I think I've ever heard

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Chic Trombone posted:

No but seriously "I'm town so I don't have to try" is the worst loving excuse for lack of content I think I've ever heard

Uh that's not what I meant but ok

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I've got a meeting in 20 but I'll be around for the deadline. Shifting my vote to ##vote podima due to very good reasoning brought up earlier.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't really feel like I have to respond to Merk because it looked like mafia madlibs posting but I am and have always been a poo poo D1 contributor because I prefer to crunch data and there is none. Please feel free to review my past performance as "That Crazy Lady With The Spreadsheet", I'm the reason it's such a huge joke in AusPol.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

lmao chic with the willful misinterpretation.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

So how's everyone's deadline? It seems like a pretty good one to me. I remember reading a thing about this pod person (If you don't me calling him/you/her that) and thinking they were weird so yeah.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hello, I am about.

Pod is okay I guess. I think Merk's points on Kat are pretty fair too.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Kat you could try responding to like, anything.

##vote Kat Delacour

I'm here on D1 and my spreadsheets are colour coded.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Tell me about these spreadsheets.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Ixtlilton posted:

Tell me about these spreadsheets.

Please post actual content

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Shut up and let him tell me about his spreadsheets.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Gonna side with Ix on this one.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Ixtlilton posted:

Shut up and let him tell me about his spreadsheets.

I too would like to hear more about spreadsheets.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I would rather see actual content from Ix.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

Kat you could try responding to like, anything.

##vote Kat Delacour

I'm here on D1 and my spreadsheets are colour coded.

There hasn't been anything I've really felt a strong reaction too. My gut says you, for what it's worth, but that's familiarity and contempt. I've never actually been good at this game I'm just good with excel.

The non-auspollers I can't read as they talk in more injokes than we do and I've never really figured the forensic linguist style of Mafia. It feels like justifications to push an agenda rather than actual data. I do projections on who people vote for, patterns, cracking the night action outcomes, and that never really gets going until d2. I don't trust my guts without SOME data for backup since the Mario game. It's not scummy, it's just not my position on the field.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Also I have a girl's name and am a girl

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I have a man's name and am a boy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

You asked me why, I gave you my reasoning. Whether you agree with it or not is not my problem.

I don't like this as a response. I think your reasoning is fake, and I think you unvoted because you were self conscious. I think that speaks to a scum mindset over a town mindset, and your dismissiveness here of "don't care what you think" isn't indicative of a town game either.

• Locked thread