Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I have a god's name but am a man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Also pre emptive able to post cos I'm in the server room looking for our Google contract aka on my phone listening to music out of sight

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kat Delacour posted:

There hasn't been anything I've really felt a strong reaction too. My gut says you, for what it's worth, but that's familiarity and contempt. I've never actually been good at this game I'm just good with excel.

The non-auspollers I can't read as they talk in more injokes than we do and I've never really figured the forensic linguist style of Mafia. It feels like justifications to push an agenda rather than actual data. I do projections on who people vote for, patterns, cracking the night action outcomes, and that never really gets going until d2. I don't trust my guts without SOME data for backup since the Mario game. It's not scummy, it's just not my position on the field.

This seems very, very breakable.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
It helps in Auspol because we do nothing but shitpost and fight but yes it's not perfect.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kat Delacour posted:

It helps in Auspol because we do nothing but shitpost and fight but yes it's not perfect.

I do one of those things.

*headbutts EXAKT in the face*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I once made a spreadsheet to do RNG-based decisions on the tone, length, punctuation and frequency my posts just to gently caress with Gaspy :buddy:

(It was too much work to keep up for more than half a game, though)

Anyway,

##vote Podima

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kat Delacour posted:

My gut says you, for what it's worth, but that's familiarity and contempt.

:drat: :rip: me

Kat can you read Podima (vote leader) and then maybe what do you think of this case?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Vale Data

##vote podima

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kat Delacour posted:

There hasn't been anything I've really felt a strong reaction too. My gut says you, for what it's worth, but that's familiarity and contempt. I've never actually been good at this game I'm just good with excel.

The non-auspollers I can't read as they talk in more injokes than we do and I've never really figured the forensic linguist style of Mafia. It feels like justifications to push an agenda rather than actual data. I do projections on who people vote for, patterns, cracking the night action outcomes, and that never really gets going until d2. I don't trust my guts without SOME data for backup since the Mario game. It's not scummy, it's just not my position on the field.

This feels like a preemptive excuse and I don't like it.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Birdstrike posted:

:drat: :rip: me

Kat can you read Podima (vote leader) and then maybe what do you think of this case?

:Mills shrug:

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Trap sprung, Kat didn't actually click the link.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

SirSamVimes posted:

This feels like a preemptive excuse and I don't like it.

It's not a preemptive excuse, it's an excuse for right now. D1. Where I have a blessed history of getting sussed for being bad.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
At least we know there is a regular auspoller on scum team cos they knew to get people to push me lol

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

It's not a preemptive excuse, it's an excuse for right now. D1. Where I have a blessed history of getting sussed for being bad.

P sure SSV was talking about the part where you say you can't read the non-AusPol players

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy Jesus I go to shoot giant mole rats for a couple of hours and come back to this? I'm vanilla town. My posting has been garbage the last few days because I've been distracted with Fallout 4, and I'm not even a modern console that can play it. :( The dogpile on me is pretty impressive though, if I get cuddled please take a look at who bandwagoned onto it once things got going - specifically the people who went 'woops won't be here at deadline lol!'

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

You got someone to throw a vote on Mr. Fox?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Chic Trombone posted:

P sure SSV was talking about the part where you say you can't read the non-AusPol players

Yes I know? Doesn't mean I won't be able to apply numbers reasoning on later days

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Kat Delacour posted:

Vale Data

##vote podima

##vote Kat

Combination of merk's points about Kat and a totally lazy, unexplained vote on the vote leader.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
Kat's cool im not voting her

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Kat, Pod, you should each write a poem. I will vote for the author of the worse poem.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I stand with Keane.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
You are making a
big mistake and if I die
Scum be lollin

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Bifauxnen posted:

I once made a spreadsheet to do RNG-based decisions on the tone, length, punctuation and frequency my posts just to gently caress with Gaspy :buddy:

(It was too much work to keep up for more than half a game, though)

Anyway,

##vote Podima

Would also vote Bif for her Podima vote. She's said previously she doesn't really see the Pod case, but she'll vote along with it anyway. I dont see that as a town mindset. Why not try and push the people you think are scummier?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

CCKeane posted:

Kat, Pod, you should each write a poem. I will vote for the author of the worse poem.

A Poem In Four Letters:

F

A

R

T

~fin~

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES
I have noticed that there's a slight auspol vs non-auspol battle going on

I like it

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Whatever though I've got poo poo to do and I'll wait for the DR2 game. Auspol never learns either, I'm a scum Queen I suck as town.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

##vote Kat

The ~fin~ sells it.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Tommunist posted:

I'm gonna be out for deadline so:

##vote Podima

This is another of the drive-by votes on Podima that I think is scummy. Would vote for any of these three players.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Kat didn't click a link in a post but responded like she had. Remember that.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Ixtlilton posted:

##vote Kat

The ~fin~ sells it.

Are you deliberately being awful Ixt?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Also switching my vote to somewhere useful: ##vote Kat

Even if I got voted scarily high I think it's going to be useful information for town seeing who dogpiled.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

fiery_valkyrie posted:

This is another of the drive-by votes on Podima that I think is scummy. Would vote for any of these three players.

I saw that, :agreed:

I am also wondering about Chic's vote on Podima, I don't think she mentioned him before voting.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

Yes I know? Doesn't mean I won't be able to apply numbers reasoning on later days

Yeah but the way you phrased it looks like you're setting up to go "oops i can't do (x) with these people bc i can't read them!!"

Also numbers reasoning is bad, have you considered trying literally anything else

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Birdstrike posted:

I am also wondering about Chic's vote on Podima, I don't think she mentioned him before voting.

I did, you should go back and reread

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Oh man I smell a split vote coming on

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Ixtlilton posted:

Kat didn't click a link in a post but responded like she had. Remember that.

I'm phone posting you big dummy, I thought he was talking about the one I'd already read. Still haven't clicked it and def won't now if you've got some weird trackingbshit

##vote Kat

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Birdstrike posted:

I thought Chic was ok, she had talked about Podima before and she's seems like she is really trying to find scum.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Lynch me this game is dumb and I'm not in the mood for fighting with assholes

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kat Delacour posted:

I'm phone posting you big dummy, I thought he was talking about the one I'd already read. Still haven't clicked it and def won't now if you've got some weird trackingbshit

##vote Kat

Self-voting is incredibly anti-town. Why are you doing that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

Kat Delacour posted:

##vote Kat

Why are you voting yourself?

• Locked thread