Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Has it been two weeks yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost
Yes, and no release.

Boy they're in big trouble now!

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Last winter they released Arena Commander 1.0 on like December 23rd and it was a buggy floaty piece of poo poo but they were away on break for 2 weeks so they wouldn't have to answer for anything for a bit. Wouldn't be surprised to see a similar thing happen here, if it's released at all.

edit: "alpha 2.0" that is

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
For anyone still waiting on refunds, just do a chargeback. CIG used your money, missed every deadline and has delivered nothing but broke, useless poo poo. They owe you, not the other way around.

If they were too stupid to use your money wisely, too loving bad. Or if you have some sympathy for this shitheap of a company, your response should be: 'That is not my problem, that is yours. The due date of the product has come and gone and there is no end in sight. Responses to my inquiries have taken weeks, which is unacceptable. You no longer have my trust as a consumer or a backer that you can keep any promises related to this project or even deliver it in any way previously advertised. You have 24 hours from the time of this email to deliver to my account nothing less than a full refund for any donation (don't refer to it as a ship or product because it loving isn't). If you do not, I will pursue a chargeback as is my right as a consumer.'

They are relying and betting on your passivity to avoid having to give back any money. They know that a chargeback will likely involve a phone call (or several) and that you won't do it. gently caress that. They have belittled you and disrespected you all while taking your money.

Sardonik
Jul 1, 2005

if you like my dumb posts, you'll love my dumb youtube channel

Unfunny Poster posted:

From the Awful Kickstarter thread, Joel from MST3K is trying to bring back the show fully without any of the other guys that made the show via Kickstarter.
Joel really needs to hang it up, his shtick isn't funny anymore, and Mike is and will always be the superior Host.

Wyld
Sep 2, 2015

Fun Shoe
Hush now little ones don't you cry. Go buy fallout 4 and be slightly happier.

Smooch.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

Cats LOVE Cigars! posted:

The "sandi is good at marketing" stuff is pretty funny. She is good at acquiring money in ways that gently caress the company and the customer. She's good at marketing the way Bernie Madoff was.

Well SOMEONE at CIG is good at marketing, the ethics of which is what is questioned, not the amount of money raised itself.

If they got 95 million by selling 60 dollar copies and that's it, it would never be an issue.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Justin Tyme posted:

Well SOMEONE at CIG is good at marketing, the ethics of which is what is questioned, not the amount of money raised itself.

If they got 95 million by selling 60 dollar copies and that's it, it would never be an issue.

its not good marketing when what you are marketing is anything and everything that will sell regardless of whether it's deliverable, it's borderline fraud or bait and switch.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
Also for those worried, by law a chargeback affects neither you as a consumer or your credit. It won't go on your permanent record or some poo poo, it is an indication that the party you are initiating a chargeback against has operated in bad faith and this is your only recourse as a consumer to recover your money.

Also, don't worry about time limits. Typically you will have to explain the situation (if you are too embarrassed to say video game, just call it a crowd funded project) and I sure they will understand. This sort of situation is why chargebacks exist in the first place.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Will the concierge black card pop up visit still be eligible after the game collapses?

Because I dunno I'd be kind of worried about that tbh.

Edit: Also, seriously, get your money back. Talk to your bank. Talk to your mom. Get out. Asking the people who really want to keep your money to give it back when you can talk to someone else who doesn't care who has your money to get it back for you using the avenues available as a consumer is a good thing to do. Instead of playing Fallout 4 figure out how you can close this terrible chapter of consumer regret.

Dusty Lens fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Nov 12, 2015

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Dapper Dan posted:

For anyone still waiting on refunds, just do a chargeback. CIG used your money, missed every deadline and has delivered nothing but broke, useless poo poo. They owe you, not the other way around.

If they were too stupid to use your money wisely, too loving bad. Or if you have some sympathy for this shitheap of a company, your response should be: 'That is not my problem, that is yours. The due date of the product has come and gone and there is no end in sight. Responses to my inquiries have taken weeks, which is unacceptable. You no longer have my trust as a consumer or a backer that you can keep any promises related to this project or even deliver it in any way previously advertised. You have 24 hours from the time of this email to deliver to my account nothing less than a full refund for any donation (don't refer to it as a ship or product because it loving isn't). If you do not, I will pursue a chargeback as is my right as a consumer.'

They are relying and betting on your passivity to avoid having to give back any money. They know that a chargeback will likely involve a phone call (or several) and that you won't do it. gently caress that. They have belittled you and disrespected you all while taking your money.

this

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
i never understood why so many of you asking for refunds are treating CIG with kid gloves, they're the ones dragging it along. for me when i deal with a company that is dragging their feet i hound them and i become curt as hell.

if it comes to my personal money if i were in your shoes i'd be impolite as fuckall the moment it passes the 1 week mark. i owe them nothing and they owe me everything (the refund). if it takes longer than a week with no noticeable progress i'd immediately do a chargeback because gently caress wasting more of my own time on their poo poo fire customer service.

the way i would look at it is; i'm not in this to make friends im in this for a product and if they aren't producing then gently caress them i want my money back. if they make poo poo poor excuses like long queue times then tough luck i'm going to do a chargeback because clearly your company is poorly run and disorganized and i am not into effectively begging for my money back from irresponsible fucks.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Nov 12, 2015

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Sappo569 posted:

They've filed their annual return, which is basically a 'our officers are these people: and they hold this many shares of the company'

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/08815227/filing-history/MzEzMjk1NzkwMGFkaXF6a2N4/document?format=pdf&download=0

It is their 'accounts' that haven't been filed, the actual money portion

Unless I'm wrong and don't know how to read the page

No, you are correct. It's the money returns we're waiting for.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Good Dumplings posted:

For that matter, he pulled the exact same crap with Strike Commander, coming in like a year late with nothing to show for it. StarLancer might've been on time - it's hard to say, given that nobody seems to remember that that game exists - but even then it had a bunch of pointless cruft, like how EVERY carrier's menu had to be a set of prerendered movies and how every briefing had to have its own movie render. At this point it's probably harder to find a project he didn't end up being a liability to.

That's because he had nothing to do with Starlancer's development. That was handled by his brother Erin.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Omi-Polari posted:

Also as a ploy to get D_Smart back into the thread, when I did a planetary landing in Universal Combat and got out of the ship and looked at the SCALE of it (which gets lost in space) I was like woah.

Yeah. Which is why when everyone is going gaga over Elite Dangerous doing it, I am slightly amused. :)

Wait until the major graphics overhaul that I'm going to Universal Combat CE v2.0 (currently free on Steam) rolls out next year. It's going to be glorious.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
like seriously i don't know any environment, where money is a concern, that complete radio silence is at all acceptable. i should not be the one having to send multiple emails asking for an update and getting canned responses with excuses about bullshit long ticket queue times or whatever. in fact, the knowledge that some bullshit concierge service is kicking my refund request to the back constantly would convince me, even more so, to initiate a chargeback through my bank.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Nov 12, 2015

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

Yeah. Which is why when everyone is going gaga over Elite Dangerous doing it, I am slightly amused. :)

Wait until the major graphics overhaul that I'm going to Universal Combat CE v2.0 (currently free on Steam) rolls out next year. It's going to be glorious.
Yeah that's going to be sweet. Gives me time to learn the mechanics a bit more. But no joke, I didn't realize my ship was actually a half-mile long. And that was one of the smaller vessels.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

If anything CIG did start some internet insanity that everyone is going try to replicate.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

no_recall posted:

If anything CIG did start some internet insanity that everyone is going try to replicate.

Don't they realize that this makes us laugh at them even more?

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

no_recall posted:

welp, i sure am mad yes sir i am. :shrug:

im convinced that anyone who thinks spite purchasing a jpeg is a good response to this whole fiasco is clinically dumb as all gently caress

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

D_Smart posted:

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

It's AAAAAAAAA?

Edit: Also, great that you interpreted an exchange that was clearly about model animation in general to be strictly about SC. Is there any argument you have made on this forum that you haven't objectively hosed up?

Especially since the person I was responding to already posted a clarification:

Loiosh posted:

D_Smart posted:

Sorry, that's just not true. Only games with triple-A budgets even bother with MoCap now. In fact, animation tech have progressed so much better now that you only really need MoCap if you're depending on fluid natural movement which simply can't be done with an animation engine.
Sorry if I was not clear, that was my implication, but I did not state it directly. GTA (V and IV), Halo, Last of Us/Uncharted 3, Star Citizen, Second Life (lol, but really, but lol), Call of Duty, The Witcher, Mass Effect 2/3. Those kind of games are what I was referring to for making use of mocap.

Just as a counter-point, my favorite key-animation game is Ghost of a Tale. Lionel Gallat's game is lovely in motion. You can see his skill come through as he used to work for Dreamworks and Universal animation teams and his work is gorgeous. Here's a 2014 trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mUBr7mdw-YA

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Sardonik posted:

Joel really needs to hang it up, his shtick isn't funny anymore, and Mike is and will always be the superior Host.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
Wait, there are people who think Star Citizen IS AAA?

Sadly no its not, Star Citizen is an Indie development, without a publisher.

CR himself states he can be more profitable than AAA games here.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-04-22-chris-roberts-how-incredible-community-transforms-development

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

no_recall posted:

Wait, there are people who think Star Citizen IS AAA?

Sadly no its not, Star Citizen is an Indie development, without a publisher.

CR himself states he can be more profitable than AAA games here.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-04-22-chris-roberts-how-incredible-community-transforms-development

well i mean he has already made a cool 90 mill - cost of jpegs of pure profit.

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
EA should just make another Wing Commander with Frostbite.

It'll sell millions.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

no_recall posted:

:thumbsup:

please proceed, admiral

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

no_recall posted:

EA should just make another Wing Commander with Frostbite.

It'll sell millions.

that would be amazing.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

even CIG dev knows CryEngine is a piece of poo poo in terms of engineering

for context they are talking about a fallout 4 vault rendition of one of the CIG dev from his free time/personal project

http://80.lv/articles/what-if-fallout-4-was-built-with-cryengine/

EminusSleepus fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 12, 2015

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

no_recall posted:

5 for each troll post? I think we could bankrupt him in no time, but that would require posting on reddit.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Dapper Dan posted:

The reason they freak out once the word "chargeback" appears in a email, is because it HURTS their ratings with their processing company. Too many of those, and they're in deep poo poo, unable to process orders (especially credit cards).

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

EminusSleepus posted:

even CIG dev knows CryEngine is a piece of poo poo in terms of engineering

for context they are talking about a fallout 4 vault rendition of one of the CIG dev from his free time/personal project

http://80.lv/articles/what-if-fallout-4-was-built-with-cryengine/

Yeah, let the record show that until July when I wrote that first blog and said they'd screwed up by picking CryEngine3 for their "vision 2.0" (not to be confused with the original "vision 1.0" from KS), nobody had said anything about that. All of a sudden, everyone's an expert.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
:magical:

Tuco22
Jul 11, 2013

Raskolnikov posted:

I loving love my cat.

thats an adequate cat.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Is that one of the port's exotic dancers?

Kavros
May 18, 2011

sleep sleep sleep
fly fly post post
sleep sleep sleep

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Its a minigame in itself to read the names you encounter and think to yourself what that guy did back in the days to piss them off...

Well in this case, its no mystery.

I've blown up chris roberts at least twice. Should have gotten a screenshot.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Mocap studios paying off.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

I wonder how many mo-cap studios it took to make this.

e;fb :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McGiggins
Apr 4, 2014

by R. Guyovich
Lipstick Apathy
Is this game real yet?

Asking for a friend.

• Locked thread