Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

One time some lady my aunt knew asked her if she was going to have more kids. My aunt replied that she didn't think there should be more kids than adults in her family, which was apparently a deep existential problem for this bitch and she just went off....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all

Casimir Radon posted:

One time some lady my aunt knew asked her if she was going to have more kids. My aunt replied that she didn't think there should be more kids than adults in her family, which was apparently a deep existential problem for this bitch and she just went off....

How else are you going to outbreed the mud people? 2:1 replacement rate at minimum. 5:1 preferred.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I'm more of a quality over quantity person.

WhyteRyce
Dec 30, 2001

Unrelated but there is some documentary on Netflix about having a vaginal birth after cesarean. They kept calling them V-BACs like that's a thing people recognize and some overly enthusiastic doctor said it was a SEXY topic in the medical community.

So maybe they got one of those crazy doctors to consult???

Lazy_Liberal
Sep 17, 2005

These stones are :sparkles: precious :sparkles:
Vbac is pretty well known terminology among folks who talk about birth.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
I was ten pounds at birth. Due to a blizzard, my mom had to givw birth at home with no doctor.
I owe her a debt I don't think I could ever repay

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
My grandma was a pretty devout Irish Catholic and when she was on her way with her seventh child she asked her priest if she could have an abortion and he was all like yeah go for it.

I think it's funny that fringe denonimations like the Quiverfulls think Catholics are brainwashed zombies getting messages beamed to them from the antenna under the Pope's giant hat. I'm not even religious but I've cited my Catholic background to get out of conversations with proselytizers because they think I'm in an even crazier cult.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

WhyteRyce posted:

Unrelated but there is some documentary on Netflix about having a vaginal birth after cesarean. They kept calling them V-BACs like that's a thing people recognize and some overly enthusiastic doctor said it was a SEXY topic in the medical community.

So maybe they got one of those crazy doctors to consult???

My aunt had a V-BAC where the scar ruptured. She went through 25 units of blood. Probably not something you want to try at home.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Yeah, I'm thinking people who don't know what a V-BAC is either aren't parents or aren't medical professionals.

Since having my son, an entirely new world of knowledge has opened up to me.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Demon Of The Fall posted:

I wanna sex up all the preggo Duggars

:yeah:

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
My mom had to have a C-section for my older sister because of the way she was positioned in the womb. When she was pregnant with me the doctors were very adamant that I should also be a C-section because of the risk of the uterus rupturing. So at least in the late 80's it was SOP to follow caesarean deliveries with caesareans.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

cumshitter posted:

My grandma was a pretty devout Irish Catholic and when she was on her way with her seventh child she asked her priest if she could have an abortion and he was all like yeah go for it.

I think it's funny that fringe denonimations like the Quiverfulls think Catholics are brainwashed zombies getting messages beamed to them from the antenna under the Pope's giant hat. I'm not even religious but I've cited my Catholic background to get out of conversations with proselytizers because they think I'm in an even crazier cult.

Yep. Saying "I'm Catholic" is definitely the best way to get rid of JWs and Mormons. They think they can win over atheists or agnostics.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
Spurgeon Elliot Seewald confirmed for the baby's name.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

McStabby posted:

As I mentioned to a friend, "Spurgeon" sounds like a mentally challenged fish.

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!
At least he has a decent middle name to go by when he breaks away from his nutcase parents.

Vacation Tenzin
Jan 23, 2005

I'M TOTALLY CALM AND RELAXED.
I'm just Spurg-eon about Jesus. I know everything about Jesus. AMA. I was literally born to know everything about Jesus. Also I scream and hit myself a lot because I can't stand loud noises but that's just how Jesus wants me to be.

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
:spergin:

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

McStabby posted:

Sperglord Elliot Neverscored.

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business

Crusty Nutsack posted:

That's Jessa's hubby, Ben Seewald (who else could it be, the way he's standing with his hand on her?). He's dumb as a bag of rocks. Like, really, really dumb. And doesn't have any idea that he is either.

Are we talking Regular American dumb or American from The South dumb?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

McStabby posted:

It's convenient that he was going to be an outcast anyway.

Million Ghosts
Aug 11, 2011

spooooooky
harrison spurgeon, where the sexiest kids wear masks so as not to offend the non-molested

Gumdrop Larry
Jul 30, 2006

I guess as a parent if you're just going to keep them at home and brainwash them all day you don't need to factor in what their theoretical peers could say about the name when picking it.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

McStabby posted:

What a stunningly ugly name

Bliggers-
Dec 1, 2006
Back in business
Don't bash the name of your future President.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Gumdrop Larry posted:

I guess as a parent if you're just going to keep them at home and brainwash them all day you don't need to factor in what their theoretical peers could say about the name when picking it.

Now now, there are also the church funded trips to darkie-land to learn them furriners about Jesus.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

Crusty Nutsack posted:

That's Jessa's hubby, Ben Seewald (who else could it be, the way he's standing with his hand on her?). He's dumb as a bag of rocks. Like, really, really dumb. And doesn't have any idea that he is either.

More info, please :allears: I need to know more about how deep the stupid rabbit hole goes.

Pretty good
Apr 16, 2007

Spurgeon

Pvt.Scott
Feb 16, 2007

What God wants, God gets, God help us all
Spurgimbob Elliot MegaChrist

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010
...is that like a biblIcal name or something? What am I missing here?

That is the worst name I've ever heard.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I assume named after Charles Spurgeon.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

Three days after birth they'll be singin Like A Spurgeon Touched for the very first time

MAKE NO BABBYS
Jan 28, 2010

smallmouth posted:

You are probably correct, I'd never heard of this dude.

That poor baby :/

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

MAKE NO BABBYS posted:

You are probably correct, I'd never heard of this dude.

That poor baby :/

All of Jim Bob's kids have J names. All of Josh's kids have M names. So all of Jessa's babies will be named after vaguely fish-sounding S names. Spurgeon Elliot, Spounge Bob, Shrimp Coxtale, etc.

Jill's kids will have I names. Are there 13 I names? Israel, Issac, Indiana, Isabella, Isabelle, Izzy, Ice.

Krispy Wafer fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Nov 12, 2015

McStabby
Jun 26, 2007

LANA!!! CRUUUUUSH!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

More info, please :allears: I need to know more about how deep the stupid rabbit hole goes.

I can't remember exact details, but he's very anti-Catholic (which all the fundies in that group are) and made some blog posts showing he has no loving clue how Catholicism actually works.

canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Krispy Kareem posted:

All of Jim Bob's kids have J names. All of Josh's kids have M names. So all of Jessa's babies will be named after vaguely fish-sounding S names. Spurgeon Elliot, Spounge Bob, Shrimp Coxtale, etc.

Jill's kids will have I names. Are there 13 I names? Israel, Issac, Indiana, Isabella, Isabelle, Izzy, Ice.

Indigo, Izhmash, Ingot

cumshitter
Sep 27, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya Duggar.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

cumshitter posted:

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya Duggar.

You tempted my father, prepare to Bob.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

I used to watch the show. You could just tell that things weren't quite connected up there. He was the funniest part of the show, even though I don't think that was the goal lol

smallmouth posted:

Yeah, they said in the video in the link about the name that it's after that guy, and Eliot is after some missionary too of course! gaggggg

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL
and today people like the duggars are spreading the word. <3

Rambling Robot fucked around with this message at 19:28 on Nov 12, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
something is being spread

• Locked thread