Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Venom Soag posted:

trying too hard mate

making big deals and claims over tiny drops of piss

Its called playing mafia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Its called playing mafia badly

yeah fair enough mate

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

I've mostly agreed with f_v tbqh.

fiery_valkyrie
Mar 26, 2003

I'm proud of you, Bender. Sure, you lost. You lost bad. But the important thing is I beat up someone who hurt my feelings in high school.

Venom Soag posted:

yeah fair enough mate

lol

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Suggesting a lurker lunch early is such a loving cop out. Suss!

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Ixt were you actually going anywhere with your earlier posts that sounded like you were gonna drop some more data or something on us? or was that just stuffing around?

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Oh, I just want people to post short stories about why they're town and I skimmed a few posts and was like "yeah, these guys are bad. They should write stories."

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'm a terrible writer.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

My eyes work, so you can just paint me a picture.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm callin bs sam, you are a wow rper which means you have all kinds of stories of meandering qualities

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Yes but it also means they are all terrible.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
But you can write and do so willingly for fun, yet are unable to entertain such a notion in a game of mafia?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
The only really good thing to come out of N1 is me getting to trust my judgement better - I questioned my gut reactions as coming from the wrong place, being based on feeling attacked rather than the other person feeling scummy, so I'm at least getting better as a player in that regard.

D1 voting is kind of a poo poo fight because scum didn't need to go out of their way to push an agenda because the two lead candidates are both town (YMMV, but I am town, so that's how it was). With respect to the Quidnose Ecco possibilities Bromp is the obvious candidate for not voting at all, Bif and Kommando both voted for each other at some point or another but they were also both scattering votes liberally. On reflection I think it is more likely Quidnose is telling the truth. I'm happy to go with consensus on who to vote for.

This exchange makes me want to go for either Kommando or Bromp first:

bromplicated posted:

Is there any chance all the scum could just come out of the woodwork and cop to their evil deeds?? I don't want to read too much, thanks.

Kommando posted:

You first.

I desperately want to say Not Bif but she tends to be an excellent undetectable scum player. Because of what I said about scum must have had an AusPol regular to tell them to push me into meltdown I would almost put that in the Bif column as I feel like I've done that to her a few times and she owes me one.

Actual guts posts, and bear in mind I spend most of my time questioning my own hunches because I'm poo poo without data backup

MMG came in close to deadline and commented on how quickly the train got going on me - this is actually the post that got me thinking last night. Because it's good karma but it doesn't impact scum status quo because town was fighting over which townie to lynch.

MysticalMachineGun posted:

A warning? Podima was vote leader and suddenly choo choo here comes the loving Kat train. A split vote and no lynch helps the scum just as much as a town lynch, so why not go for both?

That being said ... A split vote should be the concern on everyone's minds a few hours shy of lynch. Although, it was after I'd self voted so I don't a no-lynch was a genuine possibility. The votefinder that came out shortly after

Ditto this one from TT which reads like a classic ":ohdear: I've got a bad feeling about this" scum play so they can finger someone else's voting history.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Meh, I'm not feeling these two.

I'd rather keep my vote resting or move it to imgay.

That being said ... I said similar stuff about not feeling Pod.

MMG set and forget on Podima and TT voted for a go-nowhere candidate.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Sorry I brain dumped and jumped around the post badly

That being said ... A split vote should be the concern on everyone's minds a few hours shy of lynch. Although, it was after I'd self voted so I don't *think* a no-lynch was a genuine possibility. The votefinder that came out shortly after *showed that a number of actively posting players were on Podima still and a few people hadn't voted yet, so I don't think it was a forgone conclusion that moving votes to me meant no-lynch*

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kat Delacour posted:

I desperately want to say Not Bif but she tends to be an excellent undetectable scum player. Because of what I said about scum must have had an AusPol regular to tell them to push me into meltdown I would almost put that in the Bif column as I feel like I've done that to her a few times and she owes me one.

MMG came in close to deadline and commented on how quickly the train got going on me - this is actually the post that got me thinking last night. Because it's good karma but it doesn't impact scum status quo because town was fighting over which townie to lynch.

Yeah, I'm feeling MMG more than Vimes today, though Vimes still isn't in my good books yet. I'm also wondering a bit about f_v but that's yet another read I'm sharing with Venom Soag, which is driving me nuts thinking that maybe he's scum cause my reads can not possibly be that good if he's town and bringing his A-game.

I'm mostly just waiting for Kommando to show up to see how scummy he looks today. Cause if he doesn't look too bad I might even prefer to vote MMG instead today. See if Quidnose lives through the night or not for a chance at some extra verification of his story.

btw, I'm hardly undetectable as scum! Just ask Gasp-

Hang on...

Oh its the wrong poster,
The wrong poster song!
We're very very sorry that we got it wrong! :dance:

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Wait gently caress why did I leave in the P, its Gaster, not Gasper gently caress that was gonna be such a good injoke

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

bif is a good scum but a baaaad and crazy town so reckon bif is town this game as her posts look like they should be scratched into a padded wall imo

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Venom Soag is correct but he is seriously overplaying it now

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Wait is venom gaspy or not I'm so confused

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

Kommando (2): CCKeane, bromplicated
Kashuno (1): fiery_valkyrie
bromplicated (1): CCKeane, MysticalMachineGun, SirSamVimes, Kashuno, Kashuno, MysticalMachineGun, CCKeane
MysticalMachineGun (1): Venom Soag, Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (17): AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, EXAKT Science, HiipFire, iajanus, imgay, Ixtlilton, Kashuno, Kat Delacour, Kommando, Little Mac, merk, MysticalMachineGun, Quidnose, thatbastardken, Tommunist, Tremendous Taste

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 14th, 2015 at 12:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 17 hours, 19 minutes.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

So Bif and Gaspy are you rehearsing this poo poo in the scumdoc before posting or what? This mutual back patting is on the nose.

Targeting me when you know I'm town only makes it more obvious.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

So Bif and Gaspy are you rehearsing this poo poo in the scumdoc before posting or what? This mutual back patting is on the nose.

Targeting me when you know I'm town only makes it more obvious.

:lol: who needs to wait for Kommando, if you weren't overreaching you'd remember that messing with Gaspy transcends alignment

##vote MMG

But try not to break kayfabe next time ok?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

:lol: who needs to wait for Kommando, if you weren't overreaching you'd remember that messing with Gaspy transcends alignment

##vote MMG

But try not to break kayfabe next time ok?

"Wow Soag you're really not playing scummy today, great picks!"

"You too Bif, I know how you are when you're scum and you're totally not."

Uh-huh.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Wow that is totally not how I interpreted anything said today

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

It's more like

"What the hell, GaspySoag said another pick I agree with, are these his real picks as town or is he scum and they're fake picks, I never pick that good D1, this can't be a good sign."

"Well Bif, you be crazy, you're probably town"

"Oh great this just makes it even worse"

"Yep, crazy Bif sure is crazy all right, crazy like a town fox. Boy, that crazy crazy Bif."

"Fuuuuuck what if he's scum after all?!?"

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I've been playing golf this afternoon and then getting stuff to work on this chair craft project this weekend, I am now catching up with the thread.

Quidnose posted:

I am an Ecco cop and was told one of Bif, bromp, and Kommando are not town.

I knew it. Bif.

Always bif.

Venom Soag posted:

ill add that not engaging and generally fuckin about is how kommand normally plays

not even shitposting just nothijn posting

This is how people see me?
drat. I'm sorry.
I thought I was aggressive and scatterbrained until I figured a pattern and harry the target (which ends up being innocent or drops out or completely invalidated right as I effort post).

I'll try to be more engaging and thoughtful.

Bifauxnen posted:

Yeah, true that. I'm sitting here wondering if my D1 dig at Kommando was actually good or not.

Were you looking at me as a serious option? What's your scumdar saying this time?

It's valid, I always vote you early because you always seem to draw scum when I'm playing. And you're a dangerous scum. Very canny. So when day 1 has no info, you're someone who I always suspect, which gives direction.

bromplicated posted:

Yea I didn't play that much D1, sorry, things got busy and the game was kind of hard to follow.

I'm a Gameboy Advance, I have 2 powers that begin with L and R.

Lynch proof and retribution?
Or liar and ruse?

CCKeane posted:

##vote Kommando

Delayed omgus?

---
Wrt the Ecco role claim it sounds, from what I know about Anidav and his love of old consoles, his admission that there are custom roles in this game and the kookyness of Ecco the dolphin, three names out, signal back. It sounds like a totally reasonable Anidav thought, not something Quidnose might make up on the spot.
I'm willing to believe it, which lines up with my suspicion of Bif being scum.

Bromplicated, I've got no reads or meta on. After this I'm going to read their post history in the thread because this is getting long.
I'm town aligned. I'm a Nintendo DS.
I think we should vote for one of the nominated people that Quidnose named because 33% or 66% is much higher chance of successfully lynching a scum than the rest.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

I'm town aligned. I'm a Nintendo DS.
I think we should vote for one of the nominated people that Quidnose named because 33% or 66% is much higher chance of successfully lynching a scum than the rest.

Hmmmm, Kommando you're doing a flavor claim like it means anything?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

like it means nothing. I have a very dull flavour that anybody could pick from a Nintendo line up.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

It's more like

"What the hell, GaspySoag said another pick I agree with, are these his real picks as town or is he scum and they're fake picks, I never pick that good D1, this can't be a good sign."

"Well Bif, you be crazy, you're probably town"

"Oh great this just makes it even worse"

"Yep, crazy Bif sure is crazy all right, crazy like a town fox. Boy, that crazy crazy Bif."

"Fuuuuuck what if he's scum after all?!?"

I'm willing to entertain the idea that Gaspy/Soag is cheerleading your posts and thoughts to throw shade, but looking back on the thread there's a lot of 2 way conversation between the two of you.

As for Quidnose, the only worry I have is that Ecco isn't a console and unless I'm much mistaken there was no Ecco edition Mega Drive or anything like there was a Nights Saturn.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

"Wow Soag you're really not playing scummy today, great picks!"

"You too Bif, I know how you are when you're scum and you're totally not."

Uh-huh.

mate if i was scum with bif id bus her so bloody hard its not funny

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

i have literally never seen kommandi effort post so guessin hes scum gettin leaned on by his scumbros to look active

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Kommando isn't much of a team player. Just ask Mith.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
In-Joke subtitles: I went to my Mafia sheet to see what I had played with Kommando in the past and found/remembered the time he sold out his own Tragic Lover.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Just for reference, since I've been sick in bed all day not contributing, I'm a teal gameboy colour that loves his town. Very exciting if you like ancient handhelds with barely any games worth buying.

Original gameboy or nothing :colbert:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Didn't Bromp claim gameboy?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Kat Delacour posted:

Kommando isn't much of a team player. Just ask Mith.

he just has to look less scummy that bif so hes got this in the bag

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

bromplicated posted:

I'm a Gameboy Advance, I have 2 powers that begin with L and R.

Oh rightio then.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Why are people just randomly flavor claiming for no reason? Makes me suspicious. Can't even make an effort to breadcrumb, how slack is that?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

im still happier voting for mmg

quidbose thing said not town maybe bif or kommando is 3P but pretty sure mmg is scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Uggggh I wish I knew what scum was in this game I don't know how to judge a flavor claim

• Locked thread