Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
##vote bif bif soag scum team

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Kashuno posted:

##vote bif bif soag scum team

nah

also as if you think im scum

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Venom Soag posted:

nah

also as if you think im scum

Gettin the same vibes as I did last time I was right

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Gettin the same vibes as I did last time I was right

your wrong kash

and although youvw lost sight of me

i still believe in you

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Venom Soag posted:

your wrong kash

and although youvw lost sight of me

i still believe in you

I mean I am at least voting bif first

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kashuno posted:

Uggggh I wish I knew what scum was in this game I don't know how to judge a flavor claim

Is there anything in the current claims that's getting you suspicious?

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Kommando posted:

I've been playing golf this afternoon and then getting stuff to work on this chair craft project this weekend, I am now catching up with the thread.

I knew it. Bif.

Always bif.

This is how people see me?
drat. I'm sorry.
I thought I was aggressive and scatterbrained until I figured a pattern and harry the target (which ends up being innocent or drops out or completely invalidated right as I effort post).

I'll try to be more engaging and thoughtful.

It's valid, I always vote you early because you always seem to draw scum when I'm playing. And you're a dangerous scum. Very canny. So when day 1 has no info, you're someone who I always suspect, which gives direction.

Lynch proof and retribution?
Or liar and ruse?

Delayed omgus?

---
Wrt the Ecco role claim it sounds, from what I know about Anidav and his love of old consoles, his admission that there are custom roles in this game and the kookyness of Ecco the dolphin, three names out, signal back. It sounds like a totally reasonable Anidav thought, not something Quidnose might make up on the spot.
I'm willing to believe it, which lines up with my suspicion of Bif being scum.

Bromplicated, I've got no reads or meta on. After this I'm going to read their post history in the thread because this is getting long.
I'm town aligned. I'm a Nintendo DS.
I think we should vote for one of the nominated people that Quidnose named because 33% or 66% is much higher chance of successfully lynching a scum than the rest.

This is scummy and defensive and focused little on finding scum.

Quid what is your role name?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kat Delacour posted:

In-Joke subtitles: I went to my Mafia sheet to see what I had played with Kommando in the past and found/remembered the time he sold out his own Tragic Lover.

I was having a poo poo week and that 3p was totally impossible to play.

Venom Soag posted:

i have literally never seen kommandi effort post so guessin hes scum gettin leaned on by his scumbros to look active

I've done massive quoteposts jumping up and down on people and being utterly convinced of peoples scumminess. But i try not to haplessly fall on bandwagons.

CCKeane posted:

This is scummy and defensive and focused little on finding scum.

I said we should vote on Bif of Bro and that i believed the Dolphin claim.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I'd really like to hear from Quid, I got some questions.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bro has 9 total posts in the thread. 6 of them are post game start.

bromplicated posted:

do you guys still want to mass claim?
in a game of custom roles and strange flavor, this isnt helpful.

bromplicated posted:

Hey that's not very nice, I used my power on you last night!
Bromplicated soft claims he has a night power and he used it on Kashuno N1

bromplicated posted:

Yea I didn't play that much D1, sorry, things got busy and the game was kind of hard to follow.

I'm a Gameboy Advance, I have 2 powers that begin with L and R.

then full claims he has powers.

bromplicated posted:

So do we not believe in claims at all at this point or what. I don't really know how you guys sort these types of things out.

Since at least a few of you are giving me the benefit of the doubt, I'm going to assume claims have at least some shred of credibility in this game. Therefore, I'm going to go ahead and believe Quid's cop claim that either Bif or Kommando are not town.

I'm too lazy to do a punch of quote/analysis deals (I am useless, after all), but it seems to me Bif has been more forthcoming in her posting than Kommando.

##vote Kommando

no justification, just pick one. This doesn't make me feel like Bro is playing on the town side, and is brushing aside any effort.

So im going to ##vote bromplicated because he looks like scum, and lazy scum at that.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't think Bif and Gasvenomoag would behave so obviously obnoxious in a scum team.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

should point out i just means ive never seen kommando do that classic style of effort post not that he literally nevet puts in effort

i think jommando did somethjjng with a bunch of graphs once

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

Is there anything in the current claims that's getting you suspicious?

I want MMG to flavor claim, but I don't know how I'll judge it based on what we've seen so far. I have no idea what kind of console the scum is supposed to be.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kat Delacour posted:

I don't think Bif and Gasvenomoag would behave so obviously obnoxious in a scum team.

Maybe, I don't know Bif well enough. I saw Soag and his teammate last game hop on a bad vote with no justification and it made it obvi.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Venom Soag posted:

should point out i just means ive never seen kommando do that classic style of effort post not that he literally nevet puts in effort

i think jommando did somethjjng with a bunch of graphs once

you mean this?

and this?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

my take atm is quid didnt ping a scum he pinged a 3p

im willing to believe bif is 3p because she can still continue to scum hunt in her normal style but get all defensive when anyone looks at her too hard

if quid did ping a scum id pick kommando over whoever the other guy was because hes more defensive

if quid didnt ping an actual scum also lookinh at fiery callyrie as they pushed very hard on only lookimn at those 3 and wanted to remind everikne how towny that opinion is which stunk to high heaven of trying too hard

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

fiery_valkyrie posted:

Why did you even bother to vote then?

because it's mafia wtf is this

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I love how both those graphs show me surviving at the last minute.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

<Sleeping.>

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Venom Soag posted:

my take atm is quid didnt ping a scum he pinged a 3p

im willing to believe bif is 3p because she can still continue to scum hunt in her normal style but get all defensive when anyone looks at her too hard

if quid did ping a scum id pick kommando over whoever the other guy was because hes more defensive

if quid didnt ping an actual scum also lookinh at fiery callyrie as they pushed very hard on only lookimn at those 3 and wanted to remind everikne how towny that opinion is which stunk to high heaven of trying too hard

Yes but you're drunk go home

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Kat Delacour posted:

Yes but you're drunk go home

sober as a judge

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Call me on my cell phone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
I haven't read. Day. 2.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

I am an Ecco cop and was told one of Bif, bromp, and Kommando are not town.

This is a great fakeclaim by the by. That said, I don't see why we wouldn't lynch one of these people today under the hope that it isn't a fakeclaim.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Bifauxnen posted:

Morning all. I still think the SSV case is at least as good as any of the other D1 suspects, but I'd be up for MMG or Podima or Quidnose instead. (Or some other lurker if things swing that way fast enough)

Bifauxnen posted:

I once made a spreadsheet to do RNG-based decisions on the tone, length, punctuation and frequency my posts just to gently caress with Gaspy :buddy:

(It was too much work to keep up for more than half a game, though)

Anyway,

##vote Podima

##vote Bif

He has a lot of posts but not a lot of actual content. His three votes in the game (SSV, Podima, and now MMG) don't get anywhere close to compelling.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Call me on my cell phone.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Kat Delacour. posted. nothing.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
It's a merk skate. Only merk can skate.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

iajanus posted:

Just for reference, since I've been sick in bed all day not contributing, I'm a teal gameboy colour that loves his town. Very exciting if you like ancient handhelds with barely any games worth buying.

Original gameboy or nothing :colbert:

Real talk, I lied about being an Ecco cop. My role PM told me the three people I named were handheld gaming devices so I named them to see how they would react.

Janus is NOT listed in my role PM as a handheld gaming device which means he is clearly lying here. This coming out of nowhere is hella suspicious. ##vote Janus

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Quidnose posted:

Real talk, I lied about being an Ecco cop. My role PM told me the three people I named were handheld gaming devices so I named them to see how they would react.

Janus is NOT listed in my role PM as a handheld gaming device which means he is clearly lying here. This coming out of nowhere is hella suspicious. ##vote Janus

what the gently caress

##vote janus

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok. ##vote Janus

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

##unvote
##vote janus

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Yep.

##vote janus

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

I thought you were lying once I thought about it some.

Why is Janus's statement a contradiction with what your PM says? Does your PM list all hand held units?

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

CCKeane posted:

I thought you were lying once I thought about it some.

Why is Janus's statement a contradiction with what your PM says? Does your PM list all hand held units?

..##unvote

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Quid you're contradicting yourself all over here. Was it that you submitted 3 names and was told they were handheld, or were you told all the handheld devices?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I'm not contradicting myself "all over the place," I just haven't shared all the information about my role and I lied initially. So I'm only contradicting myself with my initial statement. That's hella hyperbolic of you, AN.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I am Apple R&D, and we're trying to break into the Handheld market.

I am currently unaligned.

I was given a list of handheld gaming devices and told that one of them was scum trying to gain handheld supremacy. My job was to do "research" to remove the scum handheld.

If I successfully remove the scum handheld, I get a share of the market and become an iPhone, town one-shot night vig.

If I screw this up and remove the two town handhelds before I find the scum, the news media finds out I've been screwing the competition and I'm removed from the game in shame.

Janus wasn't included on my list of handheld devices to research which is why I believe he is lying, coupled with his claim being out of nowhere with no competition. It looks like a fake claim.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
If you were only given 3 handheld devices then it's not a complete list because I am also a handheld device.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I don't know if I believe you~

• Locked thread