Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/contact

I don't know if that's the new or old Santa Monica office. Looking at the google map it is directly on the water. If there is any way to make your costs higher, put your business directly overlooking the ocean. Wise spend of money indeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

20 upvotes from reddit/brown sea crowd. I am shocked. Shocked.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DarkRefreshment posted:

https://www.cloudimperiumgames.com/contact

I don't know if that's the new or old Santa Monica office. Looking at the google map it is directly on the water. If there is any way to make your costs higher, put your business directly overlooking the ocean. Wise spend of money indeed.

That's the old office. It's about three blocks away from the ocean but there's no view to speak of. It's actually kind of hard to find; the office itself is located down a long hallway that opens up into a back alley on one end and the promenade (basically a bunch of shops) on the other. There is absolutely no benefit whatsoever to its location outside of some good places to eat nearby. The office is tiny, traffic sucks, parking is a nightmare (I have no idea if employees have permits but I would hope so), the building itself is really dark, and you need a key to use the restroom.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

fuzzknot posted:

He's waiting till splashdown.

Will the term splashdown make sense after it has happened?

But Not Tonight
May 22, 2006

I could show you around the sights.

Raskolnikov posted:

20 upvotes from reddit/brown sea crowd. I am shocked. Shocked.

surely you haven't forgot about the CP section getting shut down already? the outcry from them was atrocious

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

ShredsYouSay posted:

Will the term splashdown make sense after it has happened?

Yeah, I just don't want to say anything he isn't okay with.

Unlike Star Citizen, however, the videos actually are nearing completion and look good. :cheeky:

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

But Not Tonight posted:

surely you haven't forgot about the CP section getting shut down already? the outcry from them was atrocious
I never heard of Reddit before that happened, so yeah there was a lot of crying. I also (rightfully) avoided reddit for years and years for the same reasons. Poking fun at Starcitizen has been the most I've ever used reddit in my life. I can't fathom why anyone would like to participate in a forum that is organized by up and down votes alone.

Raskolnikov
Nov 25, 2003

Hey Reddit ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆ ~upvote this!~ ☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆.。.:*・°☆

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

That's the old office. It's about three blocks away from the ocean but there's no view to speak of. It's actually kind of hard to find; the office itself is located down a long hallway that opens up into a back alley on one end and the promenade (basically a bunch of shops) on the other. There is absolutely no benefit whatsoever to its location outside of some good places to eat nearby. The office is tiny, traffic sucks, parking is a nightmare (I have no idea if employees have permits but I would hope so), the building itself is really dark, and you need a key to use the restroom.

I apparently can't read a map then :gary:

Still sounds like a lovely place that I bet was still hella expensive. You still have contacts over there Beer? If so, how are they taking the move?

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Conspiratiorist posted:

Seamless transition between ship and first person, which in the case of larger ships means walking around inside/outside of them, is pretty ambitious.

Definitely but the 50th time you need to get up and walk around to do something that is normally in a menu people will realize it's tedious as all hell. Like CQ in Eve.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

fuzzknot posted:

He's waiting till splashdown.
Aren't we all
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWDI1HclEjM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrj4TwH8Ifw

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

At least Sandi can work on her tan.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

fuzzknot posted:

Yeah, I just don't want to say anything he isn't okay with.

Unlike Star Citizen, however, the videos actually are nearing completion and look good. :cheeky:

No worries, no one wants to get ndaed.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip
Here is Bolie playing with Mia shortly after we brought her home from the shelter.

fuzzknot fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Nov 13, 2015

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard
What is it with Star Citizens and strange analogies? Well, at least the lasagna one wasn't creepy. It was just weird.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Mirificus posted:

What is it with Reddit and pervs?

FTFY.

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

Star citizen enthusiasm.gif

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Apparently Star Citizen is the most transparent look at game development in gaming history:

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Man, even Stupid_Question_Bot is losing faith... A self-aware company might find that a worrying development...

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

I though that self aware companies was a singularity thing that those fuckwits at less wrong want

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Star Citizens helping each other proselytize:

https://www.reddit.com/r/starcitizen/comments/3so9ew/what_are_your_goto_hype_videos_to_show_someone/

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Mirificus posted:

Apparently Star Citizen is the most transparent look at game development in gaming history:

It's so transparent, the game is practically invisible.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Mirificus posted:

So… does he at any point explain where the historical transparency is? All he's really saying there is that the closed (supposedly) alpha stage is open to those who pay for participating. But that's not really anything new or anything particularly transparent…

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

I like the classics https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rc7ywfd1qe8

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If they want to really wow the 'open development' fans, but without actually showing any of the work in progress, they should get an open web cam. Goons went crazy over an open webcam thread a couple years ago. Cams in offices, cams in homes, even cams in outdoor public places. Goons basically fell in love with some guy we nicknamed "Fritz" who worked in an ISP office in Germany. It is weirdly fascinating.

Something like this: http://www.opentopia.com/webcam/7556

No sound, so no fear of trade secrets getting out. It would just let fans watch the little worker bees working away.

Do it CIG. DOOOOO IIIIIIIT.

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Angela Christine posted:

If they want to really wow the 'open development' fans, but without actually showing any of the work in progress, they should get an open web cam. Goons went crazy over an open webcam thread a couple years ago. Cams in offices, cams in homes, even cams in outdoor public places. Goons basically fell in love with some guy we nicknamed "Fritz" who worked in an ISP office in Germany. It is weirdly fascinating.

Something like this: http://www.opentopia.com/webcam/7556

No sound, so no fear of trade secrets getting out. It would just let fans watch the little worker bees working away.

Do it CIG. DOOOOO IIIIIIIT.

Until the first time the camera catches Sandi throwing stuff at staff, or Chris wheeling a cart full of cocaine into his office

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I was so sad when my favorite cam (a controllable camera on a pole in some park in Japan) went down.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

It's about time for REVERSE THE VERSE.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

Wasn't there a cam in the Godus office? I don't think that helped.

EDIT, ALSO WHY IS THERE AROUND AND REVERSE, IS THAT SO THEY CANCEL OUT AND NO DEVELOPMENT HAPPENS

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Surprise, token is back

And Sandi with the usual indoor sunglasses

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Sandi shows up- Justin and Thomas leave.

Sandi talked to three publicists-- "because we're going to go wider next year".

Sandi has been dealing with new merch crises with

SANDI: "There's an office there. (We're not closing down.) I insulted everybody. Fired a few people. Made obnoxious comments."

Sandis necklace is confirmed to be a talisman which emits positive energy to hear, "if you believe in that sort of thing."

G0RF fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Nov 13, 2015

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Sappo569 posted:

Until the first time the camera catches Sandi throwing stuff at staff, or Chris wheeling a cart full of cocaine into his office

:ssh:

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Sandi just said "I spent yesterday speaking to 3 publicist companies , because we are going WIDER next year"

Wow they're really taking jabs at all the naysayers 'I fired a few people'

Now they're talking about Austin with a lot of enthusiasm, trying really hard to make it sound like they aren't shuttering the place

Lando "We are going to be keeping Austin in our hearts and minds" errr

gently caress these people spend forever talking about nothing, they're discussing shoes, and hotels, now parking, absolutely nothing to do with the game at all lol

Andddd now discussing What A Burger, and surprise Lando wen't twice in one night to eat there lol

Blue On Blue fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Nov 13, 2015

Unclean
Jun 28, 2002
p

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

same

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Sappo569 posted:

Sandi just said "I spent yesterday speaking to 3 publicist companies , because we are going WIDER next year"

Wow they're really taking jabs at all the naysayers 'I fired a few people'

Now they're talking about Austin with a lot of enthusiasm, trying really hard to make it sound like they aren't shuttering the place

Lando "We are going to be keeping Austin in our hearts and minds" errr

Your question cracked me up.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

G0RF posted:

Sandi shows up- Justin and Thomas leave.

Sandi talked to three publicists-- "because we're going to go wider next year".

Sandi has been dealing with new merch crises with

SANDI: "There's an office there. (We're not closing down.) I insulted everybody. Fired a few people. Made obnoxious comments."

Sandis necklace is confirmed to be a talisman which emits positive energy to hear, "if you believe in that sort of thing."
lol, is she confessing?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

Kakarot posted:

lol, is she confessing?

#Dereksmartwillneverberight

Tarquinn
Jul 3, 2007

I know I’ve made some very poor decisions recently, but I can give you
my complete assurance that my work will be back to normal.
Hell Gem
See you in the arse.

:zpatriot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock Birthmark
Sep 24, 2005

I wanted this to happen!!
Soiled Meat
If this was any other company, I wouldn't question. But talking to 3 publicists doesn't inspire me, instead I wonder if they desperately want new blood to keep this scheme rolling

• Locked thread