Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

Holy poo poo how much soda does Lesnick drink, dude needs to take care of himself.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
This piece of poo poo is awful. All they talk about is what's going to be on sale...

HexDog
Feb 4, 2009

Did you see Regis this morning?

I don't get why they won't show anything from 2.0, sure it's being debugged...but show something...

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

blueberrysmith posted:

This piece of poo poo is awful. All they talk about is what's going to be on sale...

That's not true. They've spent at least 20 minutes talking about stupid crap like board games and Austin food and Whataburger.

Oh hey-- Ben just addressed the shade they threw at Alyssa last week!

It appears CIG has sold 7000+ Concierge not-black Black Cards.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Jul 12, 2016

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

HexDog posted:

I don't get why they won't show anything from 2.0, sure it's being debugged...but show something...

2x0 is still 0

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Nothing is funnier than a dog in a formal outfit. Look it up on the internets.
It seems like Lando wants to share more and give dates. Ben just keeps smacking his hand

revmoo
May 25, 2006

#basta
I find it very amusing that they run this show to talk about their video game every week and yet they don't talk about the video game in it.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
remember when they tried to tell people how much schmeck gets in a database when you make database changes

did they ever figure out why sticky stuff was getting in their databases because of some table updates

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez
They test this MMO with 12 people per server? poo poo. I was rolling in 16-man servers back in college days. That tech's been done folks.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib
I mean there certainly are some "power-melters" who melt and rebuy their ships a dozen times per day. Their account history will certainly be :stare: But most backers/buyers will certainly do poo poo all in terms of melting.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

revmoo posted:

I find it very amusing that they run this show to talk about their video game every week and yet they don't talk about the video game in it.
It's the most transparent game development process in history.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

blueberrysmith posted:

They test this MMO with 12 people per server? poo poo. I was rolling in 16-man servers back in college days. That tech's been done folks.

"They were testing with 12 players for a long time, then they started playing with 16. 12 was fine, with 16 there was a memory issue, which'd kill the game. They fixed that, but the more players they add the more bugs they find. It's frustrating, but a rollout is the best way for testing."

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

Eonwe posted:

remember when they tried to tell people how much schmeck gets in a database when you make database changes

did they ever figure out why sticky stuff was getting in their databases because of some table updates

:iiam:

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

"Guy for the interview is here early"

Blatant damage control. They would just tell him to wait not announce it on the stream. It's clearly a nod to "We are totally hiring people, no money problems here!!"

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I'm so glad I abused the Grey Market to make $850 off this trainwreck years ago.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Dapper Dan posted:

3 week wait time = good customer service hahahahhahahahah.

Holy gently caress, could CIG have worse customer service than Valve? Is that even possible?

My last ticket turn around time with Valve was awful. Valve is still the worst by far. Although, i did get 2 seperate "We know your tickets here! We are trying to get to it!" automated responses.

Date Created: June 28th, 2015 Date Closed: October 3rd, 2015.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

grimcreaper posted:

My last ticket turn around time with Valve was awful. Valve is still the worst by far. Although, i did get 2 seperate "We know your tickets here! We are trying to get to it!" automated responses.

But are you proud of how long you waited?

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

HexDog posted:

Probably because it's not building correctly or has some major errors with the user count. Or they're saving it for the Anniversary Sale. I guess on Thursday it'll be clear which it is.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Loiosh posted:

Probably because it's not building correctly or has some major errors with the user count. Or they're saving it for the Anniversary Sale. I guess on Thursday it'll be clear which it is.

It's going to be hilarious to me if 2.0 doesn't ship in November considering I don't expect it to contain much anyway.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010
Also, this made me laugh, from the RTV: [Clarify earlier statements about 2.0?] Stream will be the same, done from the Santa Monica office. Part of the move involves shutting down all server-side stuff, moving static IP, multi-day IP process. They don't want to do that till 2.0 ships. Means they have folks upstairs that want to be on their PC's for the next couple of days.

Our company did an office move about a year ago. They tried to compress it all (including a server room) into a weekend. Though the hardware made it all and was booted on Sunday, the IP issues took roughly a week to sort out. A week where we had customers who could not login, update quotas, delete stored data, or make purchases. Boy that entirely not fun. I'm not on the IT side, so I didn't have to fix any of it, but man.

Static IPs and complex VPN setups, serious business.

Bootcha
Nov 13, 2012

Truly, the pinnacle of goaltending
Grimey Drawer
So many cat heads.

xanif
Nov 3, 2010

Beer: Who was your first kill, not counting old men?
Eonwe: One of the outlaws in the Brotherhood.
Seraph84: I was there that day. You were only a squire, sixteen years old.
Eonwe: You killed Friendly Tumour with a counter-post. Best move I ever saw.
Oven Wrangler

Loiosh posted:

Also, this made me laugh, from the RTV: [Clarify earlier statements about 2.0?] Stream will be the same, done from the Santa Monica office. Part of the move involves shutting down all server-side stuff, moving static IP, multi-day IP process. They don't want to do that till 2.0 ships. Means they have folks upstairs that want to be on their PC's for the next couple of days.

Our company did an office move about a year ago. They tried to compress it all (including a server room) into a weekend. Though the hardware made it all and was booted on Sunday, the IP issues took roughly a week to sort out. A week where we had customers who could not login, update quotas, delete stored data, or make purchases. Boy that entirely not fun. I'm not on the IT side, so I didn't have to fix any of it, but man.

Static IPs and complex VPN setups, serious business.

I'm in operations and we pretty frequently move between datacenters for either disaster recover simulations or hardware/software upgrades. Even with tons of practice and well documented procedures something frequently goes wrong.

I never understood why Tuesday maintenance in World of Warcraft could go over their expected change window by 3 or 4 hours until I started having to do this work and we can sometimes go 8 or 9 hours overdue.

poo poo is srs bsns.

DarkRefreshment
May 5, 2015

Bootcha posted:

So many cat heads.

Bootcha stop tickling our collective balls and finish the stroke :quagmire:

Ohtsam
Feb 5, 2010

Not this shit again.

grimcreaper posted:

At least they have the decency to admit their customer service is awful and they have no good excuse. At least they added the new refund system.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

walruscat
Apr 27, 2013

Who is the token in

Sappo569 posted:

Surprise, token is back

And Sandi with the usual indoor sunglasses

Who is token? What's his job there?

theultimo
Aug 2, 2004

An RSS feed bot who makes questionable purchasing decisions.
Pillbug

gently caress otterboxes

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

DarkRefreshment posted:

Still sounds like a lovely place that I bet was still hella expensive. You still have contacts over there Beer? If so, how are they taking the move?

No clue. I supposed everyone is excited to be in an office instead of a giant LAN party.

walruscat posted:

Who is the token in

Who is token? What's his job there?

I believe he does videography.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Sandi sucks all the air out of the room the minute she walks in. Then starts talking about every single mundane thing she did in the past week.

lol at who she is as a person.

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Mirificus posted:

But are you proud of how long you waited?

I am 100% proud of the fact that i may have the longest Ticket in valves history (unverified, dont actually give a poo poo).

No. With most larger game companies dealing with a constant influx of tickets over many various reason, i expect about a week at max. Beyond that its stepping into total bullshit territory, with limited exceptions.

World of Warcraft is one of those exceptions (as an example) when near a new expansion launch simply because of the number of total players they tend to have. But its also based on the issue at hand. If its, say, a money problem, those should be handled by a priority staff. Double charges, account issues and the like. Where as tech support is the thing i expect to have the actual wait time.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

grimcreaper posted:

World of Warcraft is one of those exceptions (as an example) when near a new expansion launch simply because of the number of total players they tend to have. But its also based on the issue at hand. If its, say, a money problem, those should be handled by a priority staff. Double charges, account issues and the like. Where as tech support is the thing i expect to have the actual wait time.

I remember a ticket taking months to get an account recovery when someone sharded everything I had a month or so after BC came out. I gave up on them and then got an email a few months later noting the account had been recovered. Blah.

Wrath redeemed things. I had a great time in it, but afterwards I was done with WoW (not a fan of Cataclysm).

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Huh. Gose looks really awesome and I can't wait to brew some.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
lol you guys weren't kidding when you said they have nothing to talk about. Holy poo poo.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Sandi sucks all the air out of the room the minute she walks in. Then starts talking about every single mundane thing she did in the past week.

lol at who she is as a person.

From what I have read here, she does seem like a pretty awful person. Derek, you have wasted so much money pursuing this silliness past the refunds. This company needs no help from anyone, they will gloriously fall apart on their own.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

grimcreaper posted:

I am 100% proud of the fact that i may have the longest Ticket in valves history (unverified, dont actually give a poo poo).

No. With most larger game companies dealing with a constant influx of tickets over many various reason, i expect about a week at max. Beyond that its stepping into total bullshit territory, with limited exceptions.

Good :)

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Loiosh posted:

I remember a ticket taking months to get an account recovery when someone sharded everything I had a month or so after BC came out. I gave up on them and then got an email a few months later noting the account had been recovered. Blah.

Wrath redeemed things. I had a great time in it, but afterwards I was done with WoW (not a fan of Cataclysm).

Wow thats a pretty lengthy time on a ticket like that. A few of my friends had similer issues but theirs were taken care of within a few weeks. 1 took almost 2 months, which he had payed for the whole time with an active sub, and was credited 4 free months as compensation.

I loved parts of BC, and Wrath was absolutely incredible. Cata was... a steaming turd. I have/had played a fury warrior since day 1 (well, more like day 4 or 5, when warriors couldnt dual wield till 20) and man, the whole "Warriors can only be tanks" Mentality that got sharted out during the Cata early days due to "all DPS are required to have CC of some kind" really hit hard. It was the first time i had stopped my sub. Picked it up again about a year later when blizzard fixed the dungeons so you didnt NEED cc at every single god damned pull. gently caress those "oldschool" guys who want a heroic dungeon to take 2 to 3 hours for gear that sucked rear end.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

grimcreaper posted:

My refund took all of one day from request to refunded. I actually did it just for a comparison on wait times between Valve. an actual well run company. and poo poo the shitshow I've been hearing from posters in this thread.

edit: I also want to add that I find the whole idea that people can melt, resell, and gift jpegs of ships for a game that does not exist to be an insanely stupid thing.

Agrajag fucked around with this message at 22:14 on Nov 13, 2015

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
what this broadcast would have been about if development were remotely ok: how much fun they're having playing Star Citizen, not Star Wars miniatures.

Dapper Dan
Dec 16, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

grimcreaper posted:

Ouch. Still, 'our customer service is not as bad as Valve's!' isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Huh. Gose looks really awesome and I can't wait to brew some.

So, are you actually going to be brewing Bitter Tears? This could be amazing. Also, have you checked your local laws regarding giving away/selling beer and stuff?

• Locked thread