Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
We have already had a handheld die that wasn't on your list though?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Banjo Bones
Mar 28, 2003

I dunno if I believe Quid's story, the lore is about vidya game consoles, not stupid bullshit apple products transcending into iPhones.

Posted from my iPhone

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah this is getting weird and confusing, good thing MMG is still around to vote for.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Quidnose posted:

Real talk, I lied about being an Ecco cop. My role PM told me the three people I named were handheld gaming devices so I named them to see how they would react.

Janus is NOT listed in my role PM as a handheld gaming device which means he is clearly lying here. This coming out of nowhere is hella suspicious. ##vote Janus

We have a flipped handheld and someone else just claimed a handheld. I'm not sure if I believe this even if it's rather complicated to be a fakeclaim.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
MMG needs to flavor claim.

gently caress you quid.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

SirSamVimes posted:

We have a flipped handheld and someone else just claimed a handheld. I'm not sure if I believe this even if it's rather complicated to be a fakeclaim.

Maybe this is one of the "make the game harder" things... But Quidnose was voting for me early, before all the claims started flying around, and that also lines up with his story. Iajanus was looking weird and scummy anyway too, with his coming forward with flavor for no reason at all. He wouldn't be a bad choice, actually.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Kashuno posted:

We have already had a handheld die that wasn't on your list though?

have we confirmed that there was only 3 things on the list, all hes mentioned so far is 2 town and 1 scum handheld, Chic Trombone flipped as 3rd party.

care to comment quid?

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

oh i guess its sort of implicitly implied here?

Quidnose posted:

Real talk, I lied about being an Ecco cop. My role PM told me the three people I named were handheld gaming devices so I named them to see how they would react.

Janus is NOT listed in my role PM as a handheld gaming device which means he is clearly lying here. This coming out of nowhere is hella suspicious. ##vote Janus

AnonymousNarcotics posted:

If you were only given 3 handheld devices then it's not a complete list because I am also a handheld device.

Quidnose posted:

I don't know if I believe you~

I'd still like a confirmation that it is only 3 hand helds on the list tho.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
##vote Quidnose

Goodbye, third party.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Quidnose posted:

I kinda find it hard to believe that your role PM would give you an instant home in on a scum (even if it is only 1 of 3 people)

I'm gonna go sleep a normal amount and not think about this when i'm not half awake, will be back before hammer.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

So basically, Quidnose is claiming a role that is like town, but with an extra win condition then. Strange.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Also, here's the thing that threw me. Quidnose claimed ecco cop, but this is an Auspol mod, and they'd be unlikely to use that terminology. When Kommando was confused I got thrown and thought about that.

I'm thinking right now it's Quid and we go from there.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

CCKeane posted:

Also, here's the thing that threw me. Quidnose claimed ecco cop, but this is an Auspol mod, and they'd be unlikely to use that terminology. When Kommando was confused I got thrown and thought about that.

yeah i dont think anime david would call anything ecco cop

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

CCKeane posted:

Eccocop is something Quid made up, not given to him by the mod.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

I already said I lied about the Eccocop.

Chic flipped some sort of random gaming phone and I'm looking for scum among the handheld CONSOLES. I am NOT a console currently because I am trying to join the town, so this lines up with that.

Janus coming in as a handheld CONSOLE that isn't on my list seems strange to me, since so far we've only seen 3p non traditional handhelds. I don't know what AN is but maybe she's also a 3p handheld?

The flavor seems consistant, I only know what I've been told in my role PM. My being essentially an unaligned 3p that turns INTO a console once I get rid of the bad dude makes sense to me?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

How bout we just vote for who's acting scummy, like a normal game of Mafia, and all this claim data can maybe come into play later as we narrow things down and verify more people in death.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

But then again, the iPhone is not a console you filthy casual :v:

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

merk posted:

##vote Quidnose

Goodbye, third party.

This is a waste of time. I am either going to turn into town or I am going to be removed from the game. Why bother with this?

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

But then again, the iPhone is not a console you filthy casual :v:

And that's why I am currently UNALIGNED and trying to BECOME a town member through achieving my role completion.

I'm essentially a bizarre lyncher.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Quidnose posted:

This is a waste of time. I am either going to turn into town or I am going to be removed from the game. Why bother with this?

You've lied once. You are probably lying now. My position on third parties has been vetted in numerous games. This is the right vote.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

merk posted:

You've lied once. You are probably lying now. My position on third parties has been vetted in numerous games. This is the right vote.

I agree with Merk.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

I guess normally I would agree with you because I also am like "get rid of all 3p early" but in this case I can help :/

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Quidnose posted:

Chic flipped some sort of random gaming phone and I'm looking for scum among the handheld CONSOLES. I am NOT a console currently because I am trying to join the town, so this lines up with that.

My being essentially an unaligned 3p that turns INTO a console

You aren't a console and you're saying you're going to turn into an iPhone, that sounds more like "some sort of random gaming phone"

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Bifauxnen posted:

You aren't a console and you're saying you're going to turn into an iPhone, that sounds more like "some sort of random gaming phone"

But I do so by bumping off the evil competition~

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
mobiles are probably 3rd party roles guys.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

I guess normally I would agree with you because I also am like "get rid of all 3p early" but in this case I can help :/

You can also help once you flip and we can determine the level of truth in your statements.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Trust the 3ps, 3ps are #1 da best.

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Also I'm going to work tonight, bai.

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Bifauxnen posted:

How bout we just vote for who's acting scummy, like a normal game of Mafia, and all this claim data can maybe come into play later as we narrow things down and verify more people in death.

i like this guy hes cool

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Cool, I was right about Quid's not being town.

##vote Quidnose

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 2

iajanus (3): Quidnose, Kashuno, merk, bromplicated, Ixtlilton, Kashuno, merk
bromplicated (2): CCKeane, MysticalMachineGun, SirSamVimes, Kashuno, Kashuno, MysticalMachineGun, CCKeane, Kommando
Quidnose (2): merk, EXAKT Science
MysticalMachineGun (2): Venom Soag, Kashuno, Kashuno, Bifauxnen
Kashuno (1): fiery_valkyrie
Kommando (1): CCKeane, bromplicated, bromplicated
Bifauxnen (0): Kashuno, merk, Kashuno, merk

Not Voting (11): AnonymousNarcotics, HiipFire, iajanus, imgay, Kashuno, Kat Delacour, Little Mac, MysticalMachineGun, thatbastardken, Tommunist, Tremendous Taste

With 22 alive, it's 12 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 14th, 2015 at 12:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 4 hours, 53 minutes.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

I'd suggest we just vote on who's actually acting scummy, rather than thinking that we already have an exhaustive list of the handhelds like it's the most important thing in the game. I mean, it'll be sad for me if it's I get lynched because of that kind of reason, but I guess once I'm dead you'll get to see that my role is a GBC and that the reason for lynching wasn't based on sound footing.

That being said, I'm now interested in looking more at Quid since that was a pretty big swing to come out with - it may have just been a semantic misreading of the role but I'm looking more carefully for other signs now...

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Quid, thanks for admitting you're full of poo poo.

##vote Quid

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

lmao ##vote Quidnose

this feels really off.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
quid puts out misinformation then comes out as a 3p? smug as poo poo play

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

##vote Quid

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Town, remember that scum don't know what I actually am and therefore it's an easy vote for them because they know I am not a part of their team. The votes currently on me are incredibly lazy, and so are some of the reasons for people distancing from me. I will flip as not part of the scumteam and that is important to remember.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

This role was far too hard for me especially in a giant game full of people who I have no idea of the meta with. Use my flip to get information. Go town.

##vote Quidnose

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Could always vote MMG instead, just sayin'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Quidnose posted:

This role was far too hard for me especially in a giant game full of people who I have no idea of the meta with. Use my flip to get information. Go town.

##vote Quidnose

Works for me.

• Locked thread