Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Macklin, you son of a bitch

Soulex posted:

Yeah. The guy who does their videos is pretty good with After Effects. It's the same guy who did the Rebecca Black in Hell and he said that it took like two days or whatever.

Regardless the cinematics make it enjoyable to watch.

I am easily impressed because I think a lot of these videos are enjoyable...I'm on PS4 and haven't had the patience to try out the editor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Yeah. I plan on diving into it soon. I don't have a invader or whatever that thing is called. Can't seem to buy it yet or have it unlocked. I do have the Armored Kurami though so I can use that.

Should be fun

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!
Any PS4 goons want to do some heists and other fun things tonight/tomorrow? I foolishly tried to start a heist with some pubbies earlier. The horror, the horror...

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
It's another free t-shirt weekend!

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

why can't they ever do double cash/xp on heists :saddowns:

oh right :coolfish:cards

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

kloa posted:

oh right :coolfish:cards

:grin:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Ive spent a grand total of $40 on GTA5 :grin:

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Alan BStard posted:

Any PS4 goons want to do some heists and other fun things tonight/tomorrow? I foolishly tried to start a heist with some pubbies earlier. The horror, the horror...

I'll be on tonight around 8:30 est. My mic is spotty though. cashcamden99

I met a cool pubbie last night who got so frustrated at the other two dummies with us she stopped hosting. They kept blowing up stuff and murdering us. First time I've ever felt bad when someone rage quit.

FallinInTheBlak
Jan 20, 2013

Sarcastic. Sadistic. British.
:britain:
:wotwot:

kloa posted:

They did.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Yeah it was like a month long too

Corzaa
Aug 1, 2006

Zigmidge posted:

Get out of here with your facts, This threads for bashing Rockstar.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

Corzaa posted:

Get out of here with your facts, This threads for bashing Rockstar.

One of the best things about GTA is that I get a lot of work done while I watch loading screens. Thanks Rockstar!

UserErr0r
May 4, 2006
Replace User

Zigmidge posted:

But it was a specific heist each week... playing the same heist 50 times in a row is one way to get burnt out on them

Should I care enough to load up GTAO for a t-shirt I'll never use (and then immediately exit)?

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

No because the event shirts are always super ugly and unreadable from further than 10 feet.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Did some missions today with one of the good hackers; he gave us all of the weapons, basically let us bomb about cleaning up shop and having heroic last stands with our fancy new toys, thinned out the enemies with a chaingun that shot sports cars if things got too rough, and if the rest of us died he then just teleported to the objectives to get them out the way so we could move on to the next mission. God speed to that man.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

UserErr0r posted:

But it was a specific heist each week... playing the same heist 50 times in a row is one way to get burnt out on them

Drugs fix what devs can't

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is there any way to improve the 30s-1m+ load/connection times trying to get into online, be it initially or doing missions, or should I just get used to it (or not even play because it is goddamned infuriating)? Already got an SSD :(

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

oh no not 30 seconds this is untenable

DarkMalfunction
Sep 5, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Is there any way to improve the 30s-1m+ load/connection times trying to get into online, be it initially or doing missions, or should I just get used to it (or not even play because it is goddamned infuriating)? Already got an SSD :(

It's over 5 minutes on my crappy potato machine, quit your yapping. And then I still have to play at lowest settings at <20 FPS in a 800x600 window.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Alan BStard posted:

Amazingly, I ran "Deliver EMP" with all pubbies the other night and got the Insurgent into the garage on the first try, no alarms. First time that's ever happened, I was shocked. So naturally, one of them opens fire on the Merryweather trucks driving in at the end. Mission failed.

Agent Burt Macklin
Jul 3, 2003

titties posted:

oh no not 30 seconds this is untenable

hey i load into lobbies so quick i don't get to read the loading screens can anyone help me with this tia.

Alan BStard
Oct 25, 2003

Izzy wizzy, let's get Byzzy!

Hobo Clown posted:

Amazingly, I ran "Deliver EMP" with all pubbies the other night and got the Insurgent into the garage on the first try, no alarms. First time that's ever happened, I was shocked. So naturally, one of them opens fire on the Merryweather trucks driving in at the end. Mission failed.

I've had better luck today than this morning, have run the finales of a few heists, although I've noticed some hosts who like to run all the set up missions and then log off when it's time for the finale. I'm assuming they are saving the big pay out to run with friends? That or it is yet another thing pubbies are awful at. I'm started adding as friends anyone from a heist who has a mic or isn't a moron in the hopes of having a wide pool to invite from.

Deadly Mongoose
May 27, 2006

Please give me terrible avatar that is awesome
Please post your social club profile if you still need cash. I am on call this weekend so I should have time to find you.

Edit: PC crew only, sorry

kloa
Feb 14, 2007

Deadly Mongoose posted:

Please post your social club profile if you still need cash. I am on call this weekend so I should have time to find you.

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/notkloa :whatup:

kloa fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Nov 15, 2015

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Hey y'all, get online

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Deadly Mongoose posted:

usted ya sabe mi nombre ese

mucho dinero por favor

Rattlehead
Nov 20, 2004
Only dead fish go with the flow.

Deadly Mongoose posted:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/rattlehead_69

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Deadly Mongoose posted:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/doctor_fruitbat

I'm saving for a Buzzard. :)

Quill
Jan 19, 2004

Deadly Mongoose posted:

http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/member/blacksuitriot

Dreaming of a lowrider.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

On the Transponder setup we found a helicopter in town before flying to the island, then flew Avi away instead of taking the boats, making the journey to the endpoint that much easier. As we got close the chopper was smoking hard, then died completely about a half mile out. Luckily we were right next to a mountain, and we somehow managed to land the chopper at a sharp angle on the mountainside, everyone alive and well. We were jubilant in our good fortune.

Then we bailed out hard, the chopper tipped up and Avi climbed out of the side door directly into a rotorblade. We saw the funny side at least.

Then we got to the finale, made it to the boat, and one of the randos ran it aground.

Doctor_Fruitbat fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Nov 15, 2015

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
Do PS4 hackers even exist? Or is it just Shark Cards all the way down?
I'd love to play with the new toys but gently caress grinding hours on hours for the car, then hours and hours for three mods.

CruJones
Feb 22, 2006

by Lowtax
I just want to b ale to play some race playlists, but all I ever get dumped in is Slasher crap

then I get a bad sport rating because I exit out

Craptacular
Jul 11, 2004

Croccers posted:

You gotta wait until someone comes up with a car duping exploit or something, then use it as much as possible until it gets patched.

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth

Croccers posted:

Do PS4 hackers even exist?

Yes, but rare enough that most of them want paypal cash for the trouble.

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

Croccers posted:

I'd love to play with the new toys but gently caress grinding hours on hours for the car, then hours and hours for three mods.

Not really. I think most of us on Playstation who are old money got a bunch of cash on PS3 within the first couple of months after launch, invested some of it in a garage full of Adder bonds, and then cashed them out after R* took everyone's money.

The $7 million worth of Adders I sold was the seed that has carried me this entire time.

90s Solo Cup
Feb 22, 2011

To understand the cup
He must become the cup

I figured I'd get on GTA:O for a few hours.

Turns out I'm still banned until tomorrow evening. :argh:

So I've managed to miss out on the Halloween DLC poo poo and this weekend's double RP/$$. I guess no cool Munster Koach for me.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

On the Transponder setup we found a helicopter in town before flying to the island, then flew Avi away instead of taking the boats, making the journey to the endpoint that much easier. As we got close the chopper was smoking hard, then died completely about a half mile out. Luckily we were right next to a mountain, and we somehow managed to land the chopper at a sharp angle on the mountainside, everyone alive and well. We were jubilant in our good fortune.

Then we bailed out hard, the chopper tipped up and Avi climbed out of the side door directly into a rotorblade. We saw the funny side at least.

Then we got to the finale, made it to the boat, and one of the randos ran it aground.

The best and smoothest Transponder setup I've ever been on involved someone who managed to either spawn or call up a Valkyrie to pick up Avi and the rest of us. Cue the next few minutes spent choppering the gently caress outta dodge, mowing down random cops with the door-mounted miniguns. :allears:

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
The Los Santos Gate Company has been secretly upgrading their products.

Meanwhile, this week is a Lowriders sale week.

Rockstar posted:

DISCOUNTS AT BENNY’S AND MORE
This week, the expert craftsmen at Benny’s Original Motor Works are slashing prices to make sure you’re looking good on the streets of Los Santos. Take 25%-off the sticker price of a new Lowrider on each of the days listed below, plus an additional 25% discount on the Upgrade charge for that same vehicle. The daily discounts look like this:

Monday: 25% off Declasse Voodoo (Base Price & Upgrade)
Tuesday: 25% off Albany Primo (Base Price & Upgrade)
Wednesday: 25% off Albany Buccaneer (Base Price & Upgrade)
Thursday: 25% off Declasse Moonbeam (Base Price & Upgrade)
Friday: 25% off Vapid Chino (Base Price & Upgrade)
Saturday: 25% off Willard Faction (Base Price & Upgrade)
To help add some personal flavor, all week Benny’s is dropping the price of dashboard Bobbleheads by 75%. And if you want to keep your new sled safe, Ammu-Nation is offering a 25% discount on select items.

Free hats too!

quote:

HAT GIVEAWAYS
Each day this week, a new hat will be awarded to anyone who logs in to play GTA Online. These hats are unique and will only be available on the corresponding day listed below, so make sure to jump on to collect them all.

Monday: The ‘Strawberry’ Hat
Tuesday: The ‘Magnetics Block’ Hat
Wednesday: The ‘SA’ Hat
Thursday: The ‘Boars’ Hat
Friday: The ‘Davis’ Hat
Saturday: The ‘Westside’ Hat
Sunday: The ‘Eastside’ Hat

BitBasher
Jun 6, 2004

You've got to know the rules before you can break 'em. Otherwise, it's no fun.

Doctor_Fruitbat posted:

You have to take him on the boat to the top of the river until wanted section actually starts if you want the scripting to work right. Then you can pick everyone up in a helicopter, evade the starts and finish it easily.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Anyone ever had their Daily Objective progress reset? I was about five days away from getting the month bonus and now it says I'm back to Day 1. I definitely didn't skip a day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai
Mar 8, 2006
So I finally got around to buying this game but having some pretty odd stuttering issues which seems to be a CPU loads issue according to google.

Tried a .bat fix to lower the load.
V-sync on
Everything minimum
Triple buffering enabled in the nvidia control panel (this actually lowered the stuttering some what)

Anything else I could try? PC specs run it fine.

• Locked thread