Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's actually supposed to be Bond's nephew or something.

Yes. Which is why it makes even worse sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Evil Mastermind posted:

It's actually supposed to be Bond's nephew or something.

James Bond's the biological father surely.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Sleeveless posted:

I don't actually listen to it, but there's a podcast called Risk that encourages people to sign up for risk-free trials using promo code RISK

I've made the joke that I'm sure you could use any non vulgar 4-letter word and have it be a promo code for FanDuel/DraftKings.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I've sat through Paul Scheer's loving abysmal and creepy How Did This Get Made ads, nothing these guys do is anywhere near as bad as those. Dear God. I think Scheer is a pretty funny guy but his choice to do ads in what I can only describe as "child molester voice" is... odd.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

I really wish WHM would cover a movie we've had a huge thread on, like Transformers 2 or Bee Movie. Bee Movie in particular is full of the semi-subtle bullshit that WHM is so apt for.

kalensc
Sep 10, 2003

Only Trust Your Respirator, kupo!
Art/Quote by: Rubby

well why not posted:

I really wish WHM would cover a movie we've had a huge thread on, like Transformers 2 or Bee Movie. Bee Movie in particular is full of the semi-subtle bullshit that WHM is so apt for.

Listener Request month isn't that far away iirc, maybe February?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

precision posted:

I've sat through Paul Scheer's loving abysmal and creepy How Did This Get Made ads, nothing these guys do is anywhere near as bad as those. Dear God. I think Scheer is a pretty funny guy but his choice to do ads in what I can only describe as "child molester voice" is... odd.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. The worst is his Naturebox reads. That is not a voice I want trying to sell me food.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'm glad Mom and Dad Save the World is a stay tuned because man, that movie is ripe for the picking.

bobservo
Jul 24, 2003

precision posted:

I'm glad Mom and Dad Save the World is a stay tuned because man, that movie is ripe for the picking.

The most tragic thing about that movie is that Jon Lovitz essentially quit SNL to do it, thinking it'd be a big hit. He bounced back, but his career now... yeah.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

kalensc posted:

Listener Request month isn't that far away iirc, maybe February?

We should all pick the same movie and request it, see if that would increase our odds.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

well why not posted:

We should all pick the same movie and request it, see if that would increase our odds.

I think they said that they will be doing a grab bag so it might increase the chances, but they might just stick it in once.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Just find a physical mailbox and send a letter along with a bag of delicious Doritos and some Surge.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Gyges posted:

Just find a physical mailbox and send a letter along with a bag of delicious Doritos and some Surge.

Need to throw in some dog food Combos to appease Sajdak.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

flashy_mcflash posted:

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like this. The worst is his Naturebox reads. That is not a voice I want trying to sell me food.

Those ads literally kill my appetite, if the people at Naturebox are actually happy with his read then I can only conclude they are a very odd company.

Then again it's probably targeted at people who subscribe to "beer of the month" clubs and stuff and that is pretty much the opposite of me.

e: oh man I just realized what movie they need to do: 1990's Problem Child

e2: holy poo poo Problem Child made 70 million on a 10 million budget, jesus christ

e3: and was the directing debut of the guy who's been doing Adam Sandler's terrible poo poo lately, including I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Grown Ups 2 and Jack and Jill, what!

precision fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Nov 14, 2015

Sleeveless
Dec 25, 2014

by Pragmatica

precision posted:

e2: holy poo poo Problem Child made 70 million on a 10 million budget, jesus christ

e3: and was the directing debut of the guy who's been doing Adam Sandler's terrible poo poo lately, including I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry, Grown Ups 2 and Jack and Jill, what!

Gilbert Gottfried is on their podcasting network and they did an episode where they interviewed him once, if they did a Problem Child episode there's a possibility that they get him on for it.

Gyges
Aug 4, 2004

NOW NO ONE
RECOGNIZE HULK
Listening to the last two Animation Damnations complaining about adult movies being made into kids shows, I realized there's a cartoon they must be totally unaware of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLop82LjV48

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Gyges posted:

Listening to the last two Animation Damnations complaining about adult movies being made into kids shows, I realized there's a cartoon they must be totally unaware of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dLop82LjV48

There were loads of them: there's a whole list here.

http://geektyrant.com/news/10-r-rated-movies-that-spawned-kids-toys-and-cartoons

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

precision posted:

Those ads literally kill my appetite, if the people at Naturebox are actually happy with his read then I can only conclude they are a very odd company.

Then again it's probably targeted at people who subscribe to "beer of the month" clubs and stuff and that is pretty much the opposite of me.

Problem Child isn't thaaaaaat bad of a movie. It's got a great cast and it's kinda entertaining. The second one though, is awful.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
What I really wanna see is Clifford. It's a bad family movie only a few edits away from being an uncompromising masterwork of nihilism.

User-Friendly
Apr 27, 2008

Is There a God? (Pt. 9)
There's one episode where Steve mentions briefly just how much he hates Identity, and ever since I've wanted them to do it so badly.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I thought Identity was a pretty decent little flick.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
IDENTITY is a knowingly ridiculous fun little movie. Great to watch once and not think about again.

Leatherhead
Jul 3, 2006

For the Angel of Death spread his wings on the blast,
And breathed in the face of the foe as he passed;
And the eyes of the sleepers waxed deadly and chill,
And their hearts but once heaved, and for ever grew still

'Mindhunters' would probably be better, since it's similar but worse.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I'm with Steve on Identity. I honestly remember almost nothing about it, other than it was one of the few movies that actually made me angry.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

DangerDummy! posted:

I'm with Steve on Identity. I honestly remember almost nothing about it, other than it was one of the few movies that actually made me angry.

I can't fathom a movie making anyone angry, but it commits to its very daft twist in a way I liked. And I'm a sucker for 'And Then There Were None' type stuff anyway. I'm not by any means arguing it's an underrated classic or anything, and it's been years since I watched it so my opinion might change.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

DrVenkman posted:

I can't fathom a movie making anyone angry

One of the few times I actually yelled at a movie was watching Bangkok Dangerous, the lovely ending followed by the sudden credits made me scream "WHAT?!", and I never do that.

Mainly because it was in the theaters so the fact that I paid for it came back to me like a kick in the nuts. I was so bothered.

Violator
May 15, 2003

Morter posted:

One of the few times I actually yelled at a movie was watching Bangkok Dangerous, the lovely ending followed by the sudden credits made me scream "WHAT?!", and I never do that.

Mainly because it was in the theaters so the fact that I paid for it came back to me like a kick in the nuts. I was so bothered.

What was the ending?

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:coolspot:
Seashells by the
Seashorpheus

Violator posted:

What was the ending?

A major premise is Nic Cage teaching some street-rat local kid about his business and what he does (being a hired killer). After a huge climactic gun fight, Nic Cage gets in backseat of a car with his target, aims the gun to his own head and kills both himself and the target. It gets all slow and trite with sad, weird music as everyone looks on in the aftermath in the factory this took place, but then as a separate scene, in a different time on some docks (but in the same slow, wordless tempo), a camera on a boat focuses on the local kid, looking sad and angry for like 10 seconds.

And then...credits.

It resolved nothing and it was so out of place with the rest of the movie.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

DrVenkman posted:

You should watch An American Carol. I've rarely, if ever, seen something so spiteful, petty, mean-spirited, and downright hateful.

CountFosco
Jan 9, 2012

Welcome back to the Liturgigoon thread, friend.

DrVenkman posted:

I can't fathom a movie making anyone angry, but it commits to its very daft twist in a way I liked. And I'm a sucker for 'And Then There Were None' type stuff anyway. I'm not by any means arguing it's an underrated classic or anything, and it's been years since I watched it so my opinion might change.

Ever watched a Nazi propaganda anti-semitic film? Or Birth of a Nation? People get angry about insignificant poo poo all the time, like with road rage, and you can't understand how a person could get angry at a movie?

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

DrVenkman posted:

Neither could I, until Driven and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle came along. I was insulted that some shitbird somewhere thought I would be entertained by this loud HEY COOL LOOK SOME OBVIOUS CGI WHEEEEEE horseshit.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
On the other hand, you went to see Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle

PUGGERNAUT
Nov 14, 2013

I AM INCREDIBLY BORING AND SHOULD STOP TALKING ABOUT FOOD IN THE POLITICS THREAD
I still maintain that The Life Zone is one of the most offensive, disturbing premises for a movie I've ever seen. I totally get why they didn't pick it for Viewer Request Month because jesus christ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Cb5bQyD2j0

Plot summary: "Three pregnant women are kidnapped from abortion clinics and detained against their will for seven months until they give birth."

And it's not like a horror movie where the kidnapper is the villain and the women are the heroes, no no no, they're all sluts (except for the ones who change their minds and happily accept being forced into motherhood).

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
Good Will Hunting made me angry at the time, because I paid money to see it. What a dumpster fire that film is.

Super-NintendoUser
Jan 16, 2004

COWABUNGERDER COMPADRES
Soiled Meat

precision posted:

Good Will Hunting made me angry at the time, because I paid money to see it. What a dumpster fire that film is.

Guess you didn't like them apples.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

The Vosgian Beast posted:

On the other hand, you went to see Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle

no, both it and Driven were on HBO one night. Christ man, I'm not a monster.

BIG CITY LAWYER
Sep 15, 2004

I believe it was the great American painter Bob Ross who said, "The key to a swollen vagina is... courage."
:derp: Weekend At Bernies! Oh man, can't wait to listen to this one

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

precision posted:

Did you know there was a cartoon too?

Also, I didn't appreciate their AD on the Beetlejuice cartoon, I still like it. :colbert:

Rahonavis
Jan 11, 2012

"Clevuh gurrrl..."

MariusLecter posted:

Did you know there was a cartoon too?

My God, it's real. poo poo, they even gave Junior a pet horrible little goblin thing like in the Punky Brewster cartoon. :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sponges
Sep 15, 2011

Weekend at Bernies has the most bizarre plot for a mainstream comedy movie. An hour and a half of two dorks playing with a corpse.