Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I wasn't really buying the Taste case till just now when he tried to sell how he "picked out" a liar. Wow. Much scumhunt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

(But, still think iajanus or MMG would be better picks.)

Ixtlilton
Mar 10, 2012

How to Draw
by Rube Goldberg

Let's kill Taste. He's been all "oh look at me tryin' to look town" and I'm sitting here like "nah."

##vote Taste

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Anidav posted:

Hey this is getting pretty quiet, what gives?

weekend

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yeah, I've been busy with the weekend and watching the fight tonight (Which was great btw)

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

I think Bif is scum right now.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

I also think bif is scum but also CCKeane

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

I wasn't really buying the Taste case till just now when he tried to sell how he "picked out" a liar. Wow. Much scumhunt.

the scenario was either a or b was lying, yeah?

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

really the only specifics I remember about the lynch last night was a few going :qq: oh god how could you be so dumb to think quid is a good lynch :qq: and it being annoying

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tremendous Taste posted:

the scenario was either a or b was lying, yeah?

Huh, are you talking about Kash now instead? Yesterday you were all:

Tremendous Taste posted:

Quid's clearly lying sheesh.

##vote quid

After he explicitly said he lied. Not exactly something worth flogging on your town resume.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Tremendous Taste posted:

really the only specifics I remember about the lynch last night was a few going :qq: oh god how could you be so dumb to think quid is a good lynch :qq: and it being annoying

He was still a good lynch, but mostly everyone just looked at him and decided they could take a day off now for D2, which was also annoying.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

hey, soag thought I was super towny :grin:

I guess I didn't really read that closely, I thought quid got caught in some 3p name lie and tried to backtrack cover

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Bifauxnen posted:

He was still a good lynch, but mostly everyone just looked at him and decided they could take a day off now for D2, which was also annoying.

nah, there were like 3 people in a row trying to take their ball and go home over it

fake edit I actually looked, it's soag kashuno and sorta kat I guess, maybe I was just annoyed at them ignoring the obvious falsification from quid

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

rather than rehash that, though, take a look at kashuno's claim again. it's laughably fake and I haven't really seen anyone comment

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

On day 1 I though Bif was kind of scummy, but I'm seeing the merits of their arguments. I don't like how Taste has just been awkwardly poking in without much real reads.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tremendous Taste posted:

rather than rehash that, though, take a look at kashuno's claim again. it's laughably fake and I haven't really seen anyone comment

Why is it laughably fake? Especially when it's something that can be confirmed or proven wrong with Bifauxnen, given that Kashuno appraently got a lot of info on what he is.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I mean it's possible that he's a scum weird flavourcop, but that's not the same thing as fake.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Why is it laughably fake? Especially when it's something that can be confirmed or proven wrong with Bifauxnen, given that Kashuno appraently got a lot of info on what he is.

the only thing missing is an "I can also video myself climbing a ladder two steps at a time on a sunday to get a one shot weak doc"

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kashuno posted:

I'm a really lovely flavor cop. I roll a d10, based on my roll I get flavor info; the higher the better. Rolling a 1 results in permanent server disconnect. I lied to get another dua of results. A 3 on mmg revealed to me that he had a cartridge slot and 2 controller ports. I rolled an 8 on bif but will not reveal results unless they want me to

He can confirm himself with Bifauxnen, unless they're both scum which would be stupid to so clearly tie yourself together in thread.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Ixt, do you have a pr this game? I meant to ask earlier but something is off with you.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

That is, confirm his role. Not his alignment.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

He can confirm himself with Bifauxnen, unless they're both scum which would be stupid to so clearly tie yourself together in thread.

unless I'm misunderstanding what happened, that's not really the case?

like look to quid, it's not that he wasn't what he said he was on a base level, it's how he approached it and walked around the real nature of what he was

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

would you really be surprised that scum would have a role/flavorcop?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If Kash just faked everything though, that's hilariously coincidental that his "scum get" trap just happened to be after he picked a dude with a cartridge expansion as well as discs.

If MMG was town and Kash is scum, I don't know why he'd go forward with that plan to set up MMG and expect any good result. MMG seemed pretty prepared with the retort too, though. So maybe they could've been in cahoots putting on a show. Or maybe MMG is scum and Kash got surprised while trying to genuinely out him.

What I'm getting at is, MMG is more likely scum than town in this situation. And he's also been acting scummier imo anyway, regardless of all the flavor speculation.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I need to read yesterday again I guess, I'm not good with the auspol schedule.

If we're going to try to get reads off of quid's lynch, however, I think we need to look at players posting as if quiddy was town/innocent 3p. That was the natural assumption for scum to make, and more towny credit with the flip, etc

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Tremendous Taste posted:

hey, soag thought I was super towny :grin:

bollocks mate i sad you were trying to look super towny big diff

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

look fam not falling for clear garbage isn't towny it's just not being stupid

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Tremendous Taste posted:

I need to read yesterday again I guess, I'm not good with the auspol schedule.

If we're going to try to get reads off of quid's lynch, however, I think we need to look at players posting as if quiddy was town/innocent 3p. That was the natural assumption for scum to make, and more towny credit with the flip, etc

This makes no sense. You can't read patterns off 3P, nobody knows poo poo what he was or wasn't, and he claimed to be a potential town recruit which would be detrimental to scum. He also could have named a scum by accident or design in his selected consoles win-con

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

This makes no sense. You can't read patterns off 3P, nobody knows poo poo what he was or wasn't, and he claimed to be a potential town recruit which would be detrimental to scum. He also could have named a scum by accident or design in his selected consoles win-con

scum know he isn't scum, yes?

so what's the natural progression? town vs 3P where subsets of 3p are anti-town vs null

so unless you're convinced that the player is in the anti-town subset, which is clearly going to be a small percentage chance, your benefit as scum is to try and reap town cred off of opposing the lynch

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I suppose this ignores scum considering the existence of a second scumteam but that opens up so many avenues that it's not really productive to consider

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

MMG seemed pretty prepared with the retort too, though.

:laffo: You're right, I've been preparing that retort since Day 1!

...When I read my role PM. C'mon Bif.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Bifauxnen posted:

If Kash just faked everything though, that's hilariously coincidental that his "scum get" trap just happened to be after he picked a dude with a cartridge expansion as well as discs.

To elaborate here, imagine Kash is scum. If MMG is also scum, they were putting on some kind of distancing show. A bit odd to do so early when MMG didn't have that much heat on him compared to Quidnose. And even more strange was the twist reveal that throws wholly new shade on Kash, especially when his "welp I'm gonna die now" claim gets proven false. So, I find this scenario unlikely.

If Kash is scum and MMG is town, Kash was trying to set up MMG as a surefire scum catch, based on flavor results. Regardless of whether Kash's ability was faked or not, (or hey, the data could be coming from someone else in the scumdoc, even) he'd be waiting for townie MMG to say his flavor and then go "haha, gotcha! I found something different!"

This plan would be immediately proven false if we believed him and lynched MMG. A pointless and stupid move when we were already lynching someone not in their team. Unless he got better results than he let on, and knew about MMG's dual nature. Then he could go "oh wait, THAT'S why I got the wrong results!" But that would require MMG to also stay quiet about it himself and not come to his own defense.

Basically, its a dumb plan that only an uninformed townie could have expected to work. If Kash was scum, MMG would probably be scum too, going along with it to try and verify each other through the weird flavor coincidence.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Yeah, I think some people who wanted to get the case off of the Quidnose bit were scum looking for townie cred when he flipped (for them) as town.

I think Bif's attempts to move the conversation away from Quid is part of this.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

Yeah, I think some people who wanted to get the case off of the Quidnose bit were scum looking for townie cred when he flipped (for them) as town.

I think Bif's attempts to move the conversation away from Quid is part of this.

Overreaching. Next highest on my scum list now.

MMG, CCKeane, iajanus.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I don't think CCKeane is scum, I think they're just sceptical in a different way to what Auspol is accustomed to.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Imagine the city mice going out to the country also the country mice are a savage and illogical race

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Bifauxnen posted:

Overreaching. Next highest on my scum list now.

MMG, CCKeane, iajanus.

How positively spooky.

I think a pretty drat important thing to point out here is that eliminating Quidnose was objectively the correct move for town to take.

I don't see MMG at all, but I also skipped like 200 posts because you all post while I'm sleeping you whacky folks you. What's the case.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

CCKeane posted:

How positively spooky.

I think a pretty drat important thing to point out here is that eliminating Quidnose was objectively the correct move for town to take.

I don't see MMG at all, but I also skipped like 200 posts because you all post while I'm sleeping you whacky folks you. What's the case.

My case is he's white-noise. He's poked his head in more than others who are hardcore lurking, but still not contributed hardly anything. Shows up very quickly to defend himself though.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

Bifauxnen posted:

My case is he's white-noise. He's poked his head in more than others who are hardcore lurking, but still not contributed hardly anything. Shows up very quickly to defend himself though.

wait thats your take

i might need to rethink a few things

my main take on mmg wasnt white noise might have misjudged bif

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

why are you awake anyway keane

• Locked thread