Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Look, can we stop kidding ourselves and just accept that Octopode is Ben Lesnick's deep cover alternate ID?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler
Seven loving years of development and nothing to show for it.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

Chocobo posted:

Seven loving years of development and nothing to show for it.

6 billion years of quantum entangled self replicating molecules in a planetary causality bubble-equation and all they can do manipulate material with two grabbers and walkers to create shiny and/or interesting distractions for each other, and/or to destroy and consume each other

Hope this helps the end result and doesn't cause it to error out

Much pain but still time?

Conduit closing...

BanjoFish
Nov 24, 2007

Still no crosshairs.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

Octopode posted:

I do coding for Cheyenne Mountain Complex

octopode doesn't want the real secret to come out, star citizen is funding prometheus class battlecruisers for the stargate program, and derek smart is the goa'uld system lord ba'al

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Octopode posted:

Comparing percent complete to percent currently planned rough orders of magnitude and estimating specific release dates are significantly different tasks. The former ought inform the latter, but the latter isn't a prerequisite for a reasonable estimate of the former, particularly in an environment where plans and goals change often.

To quote an old adage "The first 90% of development takes 10% of the time, and the last 10% of development takes 90% of the time." They haven't even gotten the FIRST 10% yet.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

ShredsYouSay posted:

octopode doesn't want the real secret to come out, star citizen is funding prometheus class battlecruisers for the stargate program, and derek smart is the goa'uld system lord ba'al

I would kill for an X303 right now.

BigMouthSingers
Oct 15, 2015

I still subscribe because the puzzlebox tells me to.

Star Citizen.... you're playing right now.

Octopode posted:

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

WOPR!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

I liked Stargate as well.

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005
Octopode you should have claimed to be in charge of F-35 procurement, it would have been more believable given how ok you are with CIGs scope creep and timely delivery of product.

Maldoror
Oct 5, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Nap Ghost

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Octopode posted:

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

Yeah I don't believe you. I have friends that work for the DIA. They aren't loving morons. I hope they yank your TS/SCI clearance so you get to loving flip burgers the rest of your life. I wouldn't be surprised if some goon decides to make your life miserable and 'leak' your shitposts to some bored investigators.

kordansk fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Nov 15, 2015

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
How many citizens does it take to screw in a star?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Guys we should stop making fun of the broken wrist thing. Wanker's whiplash is a very real problem. It's lonely in the 'verse :(

CrazyTolradi posted:

CIG should headhunt Octopode, he's like 3 employees in one. And they can use him for PR too, it's not like you'd notice the difference between him and their current PR team.

But what if he broke his arm or stubbed his toe? Think of the delays.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo
Taking three and a half to four years to build a massive title just seems like a huge amount of effort. There needs to be a better way to do it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Paladinus posted:

An unlimited number because they're all trying to shove their genitals into it.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

LastCaress posted:

Taking three and a half to four years to build a massive title just seems like a huge amount of effort. There needs to be a better way to do it.

Say it with me: Unity store asset flip.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Paladinus posted:

Honestly I read that as 'screw - in a star' and just assumed they were all literally loving CR fleshasslights.

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Octopode posted:

No. I work here. I manage operations for https://this and integration for [url="https:///"]this[/url], while making sure that their stuff keeps working in [url=]here[/url].

You're a bona-fide goddamn loving moron. Yes I'm actually insulting you now.

You just did one of the following:

- Posted that you manage JWICS level networks to support sensitive operations. This combined with other poo poo you've posted personally (such as upcoming medical costs) have now made you a spearfishing target. You've also violated several DoD guidelines on minimizing your online footprint.

- You're lying.

I honestly hope you're lying because you're not the only DoD employee here.

Get a mod to delete your post and all quotes.

I'll be looking into this tomorrow when I get into work.

Now, back to talking about a game that will never come out.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

DancingShade posted:

Say it with me: Unity store asset flip.

Sorry, I was copy pasting some other dude again

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Octopode just linked to a bunch of flashy links he thought would impress everyone, shut them up and make them take him at his word because "i r network admin 4 high end military stuffz" is something that impresses him.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Octopode is really an auditor.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I didn't want to brag, but I work in MI-6 and let me tell you, everyone is mad about Star Citizen there.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
We've even set up an org and once the game is out KGB are going to regret their meatspin spam.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

OhDearGodNo posted:

You're a bona-fide goddamn loving moron.

I mean, we all already knew this Octopode, but drat this was just so loving stupid.

Karl is rabidly insane.

There's literally only one single Star Citizen fan who posts in this thread who isn't obviously retarded or psychologically damaged. Doesn't that fact in itself prove that SC is doomed?

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Paladinus posted:

I didn't want to brag, but I work in MI-6 and let me tell you, everyone is mad about Star Citizen there.

Yeah? Well I served in the SAS, pal! And I'm tellin' ya - us Super Army Soldiers have CIG's back, man! No way they're gonna fall while we're standing!

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

D1E posted:

I mean, we all already knew this Octopode, but drat this was just so loving stupid.

Karl is rabidly insane.

There's literally only one single Star Citizen fan who posts in this thread who isn't obviously retarded or psychologically damaged. Doesn't that fact in itself prove that SC is doomed?

Who is it? Derek Smart?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
I fought at Khe Sanh, that's how far I and spaceship simulators go. Everything is fine with CIG.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Octopode posted:

Same.

OhDearGodNo posted:

you're not the only DoD employee here.

Me too.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
http://stargate.mgm.com/view/episode/2548/

quote:

Capt. Samantha Carter's father, Jacob, enlists the SG-1 team in his hunt for the ancient Goa'uld system lord Seth, whom he believes is hiding on Earth. A computer search reveals that Seth has maintained power on Earth for thousands of years by hiding behind false religions. The SG-1 team traces him to a heavily armed compound in Washington state. Outside the compound, SG-1 clashes with a team of action-happy ATF (Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) agents led by the adversarial Special Agent James Hamner. They also meet Levinson, a frantic father who's desperate to rescue his son, Tom, from Seth's cult. Col. Jack O'Neill, Carter and Dr. Daniel Jackson break into the compound. Within minutes, however, they fall victim to the biological agent that Seth uses to brainwash his followers into doing his bidding.

LastCaress
May 8, 2004

bonobo

LastCaress posted:

LastCaress posted:

Sorry, I was copy pasting some other dude again

Here's the link :

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/article_29857

Chin
Dec 12, 2005

GET LOST 2013
-RALPH
Remember that Blizzcon where Mike Morhaime's wife opened the event with a tearful monologue? And then not long after they had to delay the release of that WoW expansion because their lead raid programmer got tennis elbow.

Triple A games, man.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
I heard one GIG employee was carrying a ladder then he turned around too fast and the ladder hit their lead programmer now 2.0 will be delayed at least two weeks sorry guys

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Next Chris will twist his ankle or gets crucified or something like that and CIG will start a "get well soon" sale.

EminusSleepus
Sep 28, 2015

Flash News: Ben have an itchy balls bad too bad he could not find nor reach his balls so Star Citizen 2.0 will be delayed indefinitely

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Octopode posted:

:allears:

OhDearGodNo posted:

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler
"Roberts," said Man, "when will Star Citizen be released?"

Roberts said, "THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT FUNDS FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER."

Man said, "Collect additional pledges."

Roberts said, 'I WILL DO SO. I HAVE BEEN DOING SO FOR A HUNDRED BILLION YEARS. MY PREDECESSORS AND I HAVE BEEN ASKED THIS QUESTION MANY TIMES. ALL THE FUNDS I HAVE REMAIN INSUFFICIENT."

"Will there come a time," said Man, "when the pledges will be sufficient or is the problem insoluble in all conceivable circumstances?"

Roberts said, "NO PROBLEM IS INSOLUBLE IN ALL CONCEIVABLE CIRCUMSTANCES."

Man said, "When will you have enough money to finish the game?"

Roberts said, "THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT FUNDS FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER."

"Will you keep working on it?" asked Man.

Roberts said, "I WILL."

Man said, "We shall wait."

Chocobo fucked around with this message at 13:31 on Nov 16, 2015

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Octopode posted:

This is a pro tier self own and you don't even realize it.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Octopode posted:

Edit: awful crap!!!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Oven Wrangler

neonbregna posted:

502 gateway error

• Locked thread