Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

nah I was joking around.

Although technically, I'm paying you guys,

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The hell are you paying us for, trip?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

MMM Whatchya Say posted:

nah I was joking around.

Although technically, I'm paying you guys,

I deserve a raise!

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
Archer Mafia has ended in a very narrow scum victory.

I highly recommend people join Anidav's game Console Mafia II if you haven't already.
It involves Nintendo, Sega, time travel and clones, and promises to be a lot of fun :v:

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Scooby Doo Mafia has ended in a Scum and 3P Survivor victory.

Chic Trombone
Jul 25, 2010

Darkest Dungeon Mafia, a game for 13 players, is now accepting signups.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
The Nuns of Nolaisko game has reopened. 13 players, come join!

Also if you want to participate in Secret Santa 2015 you have until the end of the weekend to PM me! See this post for further info.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

I'd been happy, and I was happy still. For all to be accomplished,
for me to feel less lonely,
all that remained to hope
was that on the day of my execution
there should be a huge crowd of spectators and that they should
greet me with howls of execration.
Plaster Town Cop
SLACK MAFIA #3 is taking signups!

Welcome BACK to the SLACK!

Slack Mafia #3 is a flavorless open-setup vanillaless Mafia game for 16 players.
This setup is slightly modified from the previous Slack Mafia. It is designed to maximize suspense from beginning to end. It encourages high engagement, smooths over lurking, rewards risktaking, and the result is highly dependent on player skill over luck. This is a setup with plenty of roles that demands that the players play the setup... the setup doesn't play the players.

The Nailbiter™
  • Unstoppable Serial Killer (cannot be blocked or jailed, and can kill a jailed or doc-protected target)
  • Town Cop (sane, TOWN or NOT TOWN results)
  • Town Doctor (can't self-protect, can't protect the same target on consecutive nights)
  • Town Tracker (can't track the same person on consecutive nights)
  • Town Jailer (can't self-jail, can't jail the same person on consecutive nights)
  • Town Bulletproof Miller (1-shot, notified when expended, does not protect from Poison, investigates as NOT TOWN)
  • 6 Town Versatile Backup (when a Town Doc, Cop, Tracker, or Jailer dies in the night, a random living Backup inherits the role. Lynched roles are lost forever. Each Role can only be inherited once.)
  • Scum Bulletproof Godfather (if making the Scum kill, loses BOTH powers for that night)
  • Scum Roleblocker (makes a targeted power fail, can either kill or roleblock, not both)
  • Scum Ninja (can't be tracked)
  • Scum Poisoner (if making the Scum kill, the target will die after a 1-Day delay. Bypasses Doc Protection on targeting night, but can be stopped by Doc protection on the death night. A poisoned victim can also die in Jail.)
No role can self-target or target the same person on consecutive nights, unless an attempt fails. Scum have a single nightkill. All kills and skills may be withheld.
Results are given very simply as "your action succeeded" or "your action failed" for most actions, "<player> appeared to visit <player>", "<player> appears to be TOWN".
Days will be 24 hours, nights 12 hours, majority lynch. Actions are forfeit if not submitted in time.
I have a "No Modkills or Replacements" policy, it is a matter of your own integrity to play by the usual Mafia rules and to participate if you sign up.

SPECTATORS are welcome to sign up in the spectator slots, and can participate in NON-GAME discussion in the #gbs-zone channel!

CHECK IT OUT!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

The Nailbiter™

Couple of setup questions because I'm still trying to better understand Mafia Mechanics:

• The Roleblocker can only affect targeted powers. This means that roleblocking the Bulletproof Miller would have no effect?
  • When notifying the Miller that their 1-shot BP is expended, is it in a similarly simple format of "Your BP has been expended" with no further details?
  • If the SK attempts to target the BP Godfather or BP Miller, would their kill fail?

This is a pretty interesting setup, I'm gonna try to follow along this time as a spectator and see how it plays out.

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Podima posted:

Couple of setup questions because I'm still trying to better understand Mafia Mechanics:
  • The Roleblocker can only affect targeted powers. This means that roleblocking the Bulletproof Miller would have no effect?
    Correct. Bulletproofness generally can't be Roleblocked, and in this setup definitely not.
  • When notifying the Miller that their 1-shot BP is expended, is it in a similarly simple format of "Your BP has been expended" with no further details?
    Correct. Giving minimal feedback in results is important in this setup to preserve deductive ambiguity.
  • If the SK attempts to target the BP Godfather or BP Miller, would their kill fail?
    Yes, the SK in this setup would be told "Your action failed." And this would tell them they definitely identified the Godfather or Miller, since nothing else can cause a fail for the SK. The Miller would be told if they got hit, but the Godfather would not since their BP is permanent (when not doing the Scum kill).

You should play!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Lumpen posted:

You should play!

Thanks! This is a neat setup - with your permission, I'd like to reuse it for a forums game at some point. That OK with you?

As for playing, I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to commit enough time to a mafia game right now, so it wouldn't be fair to you or the other players to sign up. :shobon: I'll still spectate though!

Lumpen
Apr 2, 2004

Plaster Town Cop

Podima posted:

Thanks! This is a neat setup - with your permission, I'd like to reuse it for a forums game at some point. That OK with you?

As for playing, I know for a fact I wouldn't be able to commit enough time to a mafia game right now, so it wouldn't be fair to you or the other players to sign up. :shobon: I'll still spectate though!
Yep, go for it! It's opensource, lol.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Pls join funfia 2

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
in it to fun it

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Funfia 2 - Tragedy at the Macaroni Grill

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dungeon Crawl: Stone Soup, a CYOR game for 14 players is open.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
College Mafia, a closed-setup, 13 player game is now open for signups!

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I'm thinking about running a play-by-post email thread for some friends who've gotten into ON:UW. What's a good selection of roles for about 10 people who will be familiar with ON:UW's roles, but not super complicated?

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

use your words

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

What's wrong with you wren?

He's talking about One Night Ultimate werewolf if you don't get the acronymn, if you aren't familiar.

Amoeba102
Jan 22, 2010

Personally you'd probably go with something like chaoslord suggested in the board game thread. F11 and adding in either another villager or a third party survivor. Roleblocker/Mafia/Cop/Doc/Town/Town/Town/Town/Town/Survivor would be a fine setup - The roles are fairly basic and should be picked up easily by your players. The survivor will be strategically different but shouldn't cause too many issues.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

sector_corrector posted:

I'm thinking about running a play-by-post email thread for some friends who've gotten into ON:UW. What's a good selection of roles for about 10 people who will be familiar with ON:UW's roles, but not super complicated?

Don't play with Doppelganger. Otherwise, anything goes. Ten is the maximum number of players so you'll need to use almost everything if you only have the base game. If you have Daybreak, then leave out Curator, PI, Revealer, Bodyguard and Village Idiot.

Also, whatever setup you play make sure you include: either the Seer or the Witch; the Robber; the Tanner; the Troublemaker; and the Insomniac.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Jedit posted:

Don't play with Doppelganger. Otherwise, anything goes. Ten is the maximum number of players so you'll need to use almost everything if you only have the base game. If you have Daybreak, then leave out Curator, PI, Revealer, Bodyguard and Village Idiot.

Also, whatever setup you play make sure you include: either the Seer or the Witch; the Robber; the Tanner; the Troublemaker; and the Insomniac.

They're after a setup for a traditional mafia game for folks who have played ONUW

E: that said you and I have similar ONUW preferences :hfive:

chaoslord fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Dec 1, 2015

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe
I made a gaem pls sign up thanks!

Sedatefia - The mafia care home is open for business

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How the scum stole Christmas 5 Now open.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

A player would like to replace out in Dungeon Crawl Stone Soupfia.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Pictured: drugs

Please click drugs

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

How the Scum Stole Saved Christmas now accepting signups!

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Dungeon Crawl Mafia has ended in a scum victory.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Oh hey I didn't post this here

Binding of Isaac Mafia is open and needs two players before I can start it.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
Come Fight the Star Wars

Fast Mafia Game!!! Needs Players: Only Seven (7).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756519

Compensation potential. Space limited. Contact Msr. Eckso de Raven for information.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Binding of Isaac Mafia currently needs two replacements.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

EccoRaven posted:

Come Fight the Star Wars

Fast Mafia Game!!! Needs Players: Only Seven (7).

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3756519

Compensation potential. Space limited. Contact Msr. Eckso de Raven for information.

the Star War has ended with the Empire (OBA stars, town) winning over the Red'el Alliance (KM stars, scum).

congrats to the winner(s) and to derp for being the star of the stars of the star war.

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Funfia 2 ended in a Gungan-Aligned Victory

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
Gnomefia 2 - The Gnomes Strike Back.

The thrilling sequel to BottleKnight's original masterpiece, Gnomefia: A Supreme Lack of Hope

Coming only to about 15 theaters in stunning SEVENTY MILLIMETER FILM.

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
What do you think the proper town/scum balance is for a Role Madness game? Does 4:1 sound awful? Too little or too much?

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Binding of Isaac Mafia has ended in a Scum/Survivor victory.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer

Epsilon Plus posted:

What do you think the proper town/scum balance is for a Role Madness game? Does 4:1 sound awful? Too little or too much?

It can still be 3:1 but do worst case scenarios for both teams and if any can end before D2 then do some adjustments.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Epsilon Plus posted:

Yeah asiina said right, you could still do 3/1 or even 5/1 depending on how heavy and powerful the roles are. That kind of 4/1 town scum balance type thinking only works so far. You have to really think about the roles you use and how they interact with each other and run a few test nights yourself to see some possible outcomes. Also don't be afraid to have other mods put a fresh eye on the setup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Epsilon Plus posted:

What pig said. I probably won't play so if you need an eye I'll check it out.