Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

AP posted:

These are nice.

Imagine having a piece of furniture in your house that instantly turned the room it is in into a shame cube.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME
I love this thread.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

AP posted:

These are nice.

look like a transformer came on it

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A Neurotic Jew posted:

this is going to be a good week for the Star Citizen Something Awful thread imo.

Neurotic Jew can you break it down for us item by item I can't follow this drat thread

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

This is a pro tier self own and you don't even realize it.

Loiosh
Jul 25, 2010

Alan Smithee posted:

Neurotic Jew can you break it down for us item by item I can't follow this drat thread

Thread breakdown:
Derek promised sweet reveals, but was mostly hot air.
CIG promised AC 2.0, but is all hot air.

I started posting and am considered not crazy.

Crazy posted.
Crazy #2 self-owned during posting.

Much popcorn
wow

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Here is the past couple weeks more or less: A head programmer broke his wrist(s) and so for this reason Alpha 2.0 is delayed. It's supposed to be out Any Day Now, but they admit that they can't get any footage from it because of how many game-breaking bugs there are. Derek claims that they are not even close to having a workable program and that it would probably be wiser if they don't release anything than put out the unplayable and feature-stripped mess they have right now. But if they don't put out anything by the end of the year it will look really, really bad so they are scrambling to put something out the door. They also just started building another office complete with ~another MoCap Studio~ in Santa Monica for completely inexplicable reasons. Sales are down by a lot. The yearly anniversary sale is in four days and should have some Grade-A attempts at pocket fleecing. Derek promised a simultaneous blog release maybe? but who knows with that guy.

Meanwhile Octopode self-doxxes with potentially sensitive information to prove he is a knower of things.

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog
did cig ever sue the escapist

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

I actually live near the SM office. I should take a tour sometime and bring back pictures of the coffee machine for you weirdos

I too would be a weirdo

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Tarranon posted:

did cig ever sue the escapist

lol no

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

He proved he's an I.t. Guy, we should take his posting like he has insider knowledge about the development of this game seriously.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Octopode is STEM-Undergrad.txt

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Anyone who has worked in any job ever knows that no matter how high the ladder you go, you're still surrounded by morons.

All those words are meaningless since he's one of those morons.

BexGu
Jan 9, 2004

This fucking day....

Tarranon posted:

opsec is every citizen's responsibility

GiP has there OPSEC guy reading everything (and a couple foreign nationals) maybe he can take a break a check this tread out as well?

Just lol if any money/posting was spent on SC while in a SCIF.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Omar strollin'
i mean the guy comes across as a tool who got sold the dream

but i aint tryin to snitch on someone to get them in career trouble, that's even worse

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Octopode is a necessary ingredient to this threads continued success

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Jon Do posted:

i mean the guy comes across as a tool who got sold the dream

but i aint tryin to snitch on someone to get them in career trouble, that's even worse

this is a breech of security my friend. think of your duty as a patriot :fsmug:

Octopode
Sep 2, 2009

No. I work here. I manage operations for this and integration for this, while making sure that their stuff keeps working in here.

BexGu posted:

GiP has there OPSEC guy reading everything (and a couple foreign nationals) maybe he can take a break a check this tread out as well?

Just lol if any money/posting was spent on SC while in a SCIF.

If they have any further questions, they're free to read the DIA homepage, which contains all the information posted, and more! I recommend the 5 year IT strategy; it's still a good read, even if Grant's not around anymore.

Seriously, you spergs, nothing that was posted is even SBU information, but by all means, continue your weird internet crusade about things you're operating under specious assumptions on.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
Just so you guys know I'm the head of R&D at Area-69. My security clearance is, "For Your Eyes Only".

Tarranon
Oct 10, 2007

Diggity Dog

seems like good fodder for concern trolling

someone should do it

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Yeah you fuckin autismal dweebs get a life, gosh

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

You just got Derekt.

OWLS!
Sep 17, 2009

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Octopode posted:

If they have any further questions, they're free to read the DIA homepage, which contains all the information posted, and more! I recommend the 5 year IT strategy; it's still a good read, even if Grant's not around anymore.

Can you just post the screenshot with the bit that says "Octopede works for us"? TIA.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

People constantly dunking on Octopode is funny, but doesn't really seem necessary. I'm going to keep sitting here and the game's going to keep not being out, and he'll keep being wrong. That's really all that's necessary.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Unfair Increase in Minimum System Requirements in Future? posted:

Hi fellow Citizens,

I'm concerned with CI's line above about system specs changing for the final release of SC. I hope that CI don't price some players out with too high system specs; leaving some to a buggy laggy game experience. I've been a backer since Jan 2014 and I hope to be able to play a gold release at decent specs.

I bought my PC in early 2014 hoping for a SC playable release in 2015 and we players shouldn't be penalised because CI's dev process has extended i9nto 2016/17. I'm concerned I spend £1,200 in 2014 and I'm already falling behind in the tech race. This is partly natural tech progression but CI also have to ensure they don't go automatically for the top end of specs, like they did with Wing Commander every iteration.

OS

I have a Windows 7 OS (64 bit) and I am unlikely to upgrade in the near/medium future as this is a stable system for me. I don't want to spend on Win 8 or 10 unless I have to due to significant new features. I hope CI don't bump up to minimum Win 8 or something like limit features on Win 7.

Graphics Card

I have a GE Force 660 (2GB) bought with my Dino PC in early 2014. Bought in anticipation of SC amongst other games. I already notice the hangar module is slow, laggy and has weird lighting. Although I played last about 4 months ago. I am downloading launcher again and hope the demo and Arena Commander are smoother. I hope you don't need a better graphics card.

Is a GEForce GTX 660 (2GB) good enough to play Sq42 or Gold release even into 2016?

System Specs

I have an Intel Core i5 4670 processor, 8GB RAM and 2TB Hard drive with 1 TB left available.

I hope that is good enough.

Anyone else amongst our community struggling with minimum specs for SC?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

Sarsapariller posted:

People constantly dunking on Octopode is funny, but doesn't really seem necessary. I'm going to keep sitting here and the game's going to keep not being out, and he'll keep being wrong. That's really all that's necessary.

at first I'm genuinely curious about why he thinks certain things, but soon his arguments start becoming either disingenuous or obtuse and I lose patience. I do hope he continues on this journey to hell with us.

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

Octopode posted:

by all means, continue your weird internet crusade about things you're operating under specious assumptions on.

god you're so close to self awareness it hurts

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/dsmart/with_replies

Derek's been busy today.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

So in other words he has been lying this entire time. I mean I know that was a given, I assume everyone knew that, but it's nice that he has finally admitted it.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Agreed. Where is the race of Gokus?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
It very well could be an admission.

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

A Neurotic Jew posted:

at first I'm genuinely curious about why he thinks certain things, but soon his arguments start becoming either disingenuous or obtuse and I lose patience. I do hope he continues on this journey to hell with us.
I find it weird how he pretends to have actual domain knowledge in all of these different areas.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Avasculous posted:

Still going to be a highlight of this thread if one of the posters gets whisked away to a CIA Black Site for reprogramming.
Lets hope the snatch team isn't dyslexic and takes the poor bastard to a CIG black site for reprogramming.

That might delay 2.0 for months!

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Mirificus posted:

I find it weird how he pretends to have actual domain knowledge in all of these different areas.

First of all, how dare you. He's an I.T. Guy, show some respect.

Second, lol

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
These are the only chairs worth a drat

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

trucutru posted:

These are the only chairs worth a drat

Man ... I could really use one of these for my GamerGate video channel.

MilesK
Nov 5, 2015

I said come in! posted:

So in other words he has been lying this entire time. I mean I know that was a given, I assume everyone knew that, but it's nice that he has finally admitted it.

Lol, the full game comes out in two weeks, Croberts and Dsmart hug on stage and laugh. It was all Sandi's brilliant new marketing scheme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
This game is still set in the same universe as Denis Dyack's Too Human right? Please confirm.

• Locked thread