Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Kommando posted:

Tommunist, tbk, merk, nartcotics all are barely interacting.

weekends been murder on my ability to think about mafia, i'll give the game a re-read and try and be constructive tonight tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...

Venom Soag posted:

i legit thought tbk was dead

yeah same

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

I'd probably lynch Ken, Tremendous Taste or iajanus. Ken has been just being completely under the radar, and when people are saying things like "Wait, that guy's still alive?" it's not a good sign. Iajanus being reluctant to vote Quidnose despite being a device that is completely counter to his claim is really weird and off. And finally, I just get ~vibes~ from Tremendous Taste's posting recently.

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

Tremendous Taste posted:

And yeah, I reread the day

No way. ##vote Taste

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
nick merker is my favorite lawyer

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Morning everyone - woah, a lot to go through here.

We do seem to have a brace of lurkers, and while I can understand the weekend being quieter for posting (it's why I haven't posted as much) merk seems to pop in every few days, say they haven't read anything and promising to do better.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Hi Merk :ironicat:

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Kommando posted:

Hiipfire hasnt posted for two days and added nothing.

Firey_valkyrie hasnt posted all weekend.

yeah ive been kinda mentally dead all week

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Morning everyone - woah, a lot to go through here.

We do seem to have a brace of lurkers, and while I can understand the weekend being quieter for posting (it's why I haven't posted as much) merk seems to pop in every few days, say they haven't read anything and promising to do better.

poo poo like this is why i think your scum all you're posts are really constructed

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

It's a lot of words to say nothing

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Tremendous Taste posted:

If you disagree with the opinion in the post then there's nothing wrong with that, but reframing it to say there's no opinion there at all is scummy.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

If you disagree with the opinion in the post then there's nothing wrong with that, but reframing it to say there's no opinion there at all is scummy.

"this has happened"

"this person has said this thing"

it's all facts, no opinion is present.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Stating that merk has popped in and out without any content is an opinion.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

a smart scum thing is to be as vague as possible, and frame your posts so that people will infer what they already believe and flesh out what is actually a low content post. Now, it can be difficult if a player just doesn't have any reads and is trying to force that, but usually you won't see it again and again here.

I said that I didn't read mmg as scum and I meant that, but I'm starting to have second thoughts. I like where my vote is now, though.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Venom Soag posted:

also so far all bintendo have been town and bif claim psp

dont want to put too much info that but bif gettin points for killign kommando makes her sound 3p as gently caress

I'm not Nintendo and I'm town. Keep in mind it's not Nintendo vs other brands, we are fighting the emulators.

I agree that getting a boon for killing another townie is sketchy though

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Venom Soag posted:

poo poo like this is why i think your scum all you're posts are really constructed

Tremendous Taste posted:

Honestly what the gently caress are you two talking about

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Stating that merk has popped in and out without any content is an opinion.

how is that an opinion

do you think saying "the bus has driven down the street, and picked up a few passengers" is an opinion

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Honestly what the gently caress are you two talking about

you could actually read explanations instead of just getting pissy mate

EXAKT Science
Aug 14, 2012

8 on the Kinsey scale
Looking at the Quid push from yesterday, I think iajanus was the scummiest person on it.

iajanus posted:

I'd suggest we just vote on who's actually acting scummy, rather than thinking that we already have an exhaustive list of the handhelds like it's the most important thing in the game. I mean, it'll be sad for me if it's I get lynched because of that kind of reason, but I guess once I'm dead you'll get to see that my role is a GBC and that the reason for lynching wasn't based on sound footing.

That being said, I'm now interested in looking more at Quid since that was a pretty big swing to come out with - it may have just been a semantic misreading of the role but I'm looking more carefully for other signs now...

After the swing to Quid starts, he suggests that we vote for someone who's "actually scummy," but doesn't give any indication as to who he thinks that would be and doesn't pose any alternatives for us to vote for, since he doesn't have a vote down. Then, when we get close to deadline, he plonks down this vote on Quid:

iajanus posted:

In the interests of getting a lynch today I'll ##vote Quidnose, but only because not voting for anybody would be worse. I'm still wavering on the side of this being an honest miscalculation but I don't think anyone'll be a better target in the remaining time.

This, again, comes after he's spent the entire day without casing or voting anyone else, and feels like he's trying to gain town-cred if Quid somehow flips something that's pro-town.

So far today, his contributions have been a non-specific lurker callout, and a post saying that Taste has rocketed to the top of his scumlist, but with no reasoning of his own or even a vote on his new top scumread. It doesn't feel like he's coming from a town perspective at all.

##vote iajanus

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Tremendous Taste posted:

do you think saying "the bus has driven down the street, and picked up a few passengers" is an opinion

SNOOOOOOOOOOORE

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer

Venom Soag posted:

also so far all bintendo have been town and bif claim psp

dont want to put too much info that but bif gettin points for killign kommando makes her sound 3p as gently caress

Nintendo aren't all the town

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

HiipFire posted:

SNOOOOOOOOOOORE

for real though. he doesn't say, "x, so merk is scum" or "x, merk seems to just be lurking." He just says X and leaves it at that. It's empty content.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Kashuno posted:

Nintendo aren't all the town

Yeah, I'm not Nintendo and acting like Nintendo = town seems kind of weird.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Venom Soag posted:

i legit thought tbk was dead

##vote ken scum is probably lurking.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
poo poo or get off the pot. We're not closer to cracking a single scum yet, maybe we stop playing flavour and start playing Mafia.

##vote MMG

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

##vote iajanus

As mentioned before, would happily swap to Taste or Ken.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Though for the record the only distinctive pattern seems to be phone = 3p

HiipFire
Sep 1, 2013

JENNY DEATH LIVES

Tremendous Taste posted:

for real though. he doesn't say, "x, so merk is scum" or "x, merk seems to just be lurking." He just says X and leaves it at that. It's empty content.

yeah youre right

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

I still think MMG looks scummy but iajanus looks a lot scummier. Still think Soag could easily be in on it too. CCKeane on the list but no longer high priority. Kash, no loving clue anymore.

Going to work now and should be around at deadline.

##vote iajanus

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I'm out and don't know if I will be here for deadline ##vote iajanus

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Alright, let's have a quick look at merk since I need to poo poo or get off the pot.

He had a flurry on the 12th, actually participating and focussing on Kat and Bif.

Other then that though, half of his posts have been:

merk posted:

Call me on my cell phone.

Quick thoughts: possible town person who has been busy/lazy/otherwise occupied.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

EXAKT Science posted:

Looking at the Quid push from yesterday, I think iajanus was the scummiest person on it.

After the swing to Quid starts, he suggests that we vote for someone who's "actually scummy," but doesn't give any indication as to who he thinks that would be and doesn't pose any alternatives for us to vote for, since he doesn't have a vote down. Then, when we get close to deadline, he plonks down this vote on Quid:

This, again, comes after he's spent the entire day without casing or voting anyone else, and feels like he's trying to gain town-cred if Quid somehow flips something that's pro-town.

So far today, his contributions have been a non-specific lurker callout, and a post saying that Taste has rocketed to the top of his scumlist, but with no reasoning of his own or even a vote on his new top scumread. It doesn't feel like he's coming from a town perspective at all.

##vote iajanus

I agree with this reasoning.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Yeah I think merk is town.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kat Delacour posted:

Though for the record the only distinctive pattern seems to be phone = 3p

then we should be looking for an ngage... and an android phone?

for now I'm feeling like ##vote iajanus

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

As for Soag, his intentional(?) misspellings seem to be a bit gimmicky to me and gimmick posting screams scum. And yet, he's been pushing to vote on me pretty much every day but I don't think that makes him scum, just wrong. Thoughts: town, misguided.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Soag always types weird in my experience

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Yeah, that's part of the Soag characteristic linguistic profile or something. I remember thinking "Jesus Soag's phoneposting is really bad" back when he was town and thread king in the soldiers game. Was pretty funny after the reveal in the chat thread.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Venom Soag = gaspy?

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Kommando posted:

Venom Soag = gaspy?

As far as I know, yes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

EXAKT Science posted:

Actually, I said that we were focusing on the flavour and not in any way trying to actually ferret out people acting like scum. I then said that I was suspicious of Quid, but not sure - I never implied that I actually had a different suspicion. I then, later, posted that I'd vote for Quid in the interest of securing a lynch because nobody had presented as a better option but I still wasn't 100% convinced. Was that a misreading of what I wrote or trying to put words in my mouth?

• Locked thread