Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Decrepus posted:

Guys I just came back through the top secret Stargate project and I'm just back to pack my bags because I discovered a canadian forest world where star citizen was released and I am going back to play it. Peace.
Oh man. You got the dud world. On my tour I discovered a Canadian beach world with a curious lack of the variety in body shapes and sizes you'd expect from an entire population. Instead, it's as if they were all moulded to fit a single ideal.

Angela Christine posted:

I know, right? :words:
It's really bad manners to invent something so vastly more interesting and integrate it into the world so off-handedly. It's almost as if you're deliberately trying to show that CIG (or at least CRobber) are unimaginative hacks. Meanie.

The only thing I'd say about the aquatic idea is that you could still probably go through the stages of internal combustion, of sorts, just not the hydrocarbon-explosive ones we use. I'm not up on my chemistry, but something peroxide-based would probably work, and they'd probably get the idea(s) for reaction propulsion (what with not being able to rely on wheels and rollers for a couple of millennia) and how to make them work in environments where the prerequisite chemicals aren't abundant in the environment. Vacuum is still a huge problem, but one that seems more readily approachable if you're not used to a uniform atmosphere everywhere you go.

Nah. It was the right one. Sure, there are no space ships, but that's just a minor detail and easy to mod in. :D

Tippis fucked around with this message at 23:31 on Nov 15, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Yeah, I've been trolling White Knights for the better part of all day.

Meanwhile, a source reached out to tell me that Ms Kate Russell, who saw it fit to pander to said White Knights by attacking (she even made a video - which was probably the last straw) me, was fired two weeks ago by the BBC.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Nov 16, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I said come in! posted:

You're really stupid and should shut up.

I said come in! posted:

Sorry about your brain damage.

I said come in! posted:

Not stopping you from ripping on it though like an idiot retard.

I said come in! posted:

No just your own logic makes you look like a brain damaged toddler.

I said come in! posted:

stop being a bullshit liar about everything. Sue Chris Roperts already or get the gently caress out.

You're a solid quality poster, keep the comedy flowing

Gerbil_Pen
Apr 6, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

Eonwe posted:

Everything octopode posts is tedious as hell and I don't read it

Yet he's the best poster itt

:captainpop:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

No seriously, I want to see Star Citizen crash and burn as much as the next person. It was suppose to have happened months ago, what is the progress on this? So far every thing Chris Roberts has said has been true. I haven't been keeping up, did everyone collectively realize this game is actually coming out?

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

I said come in! posted:

So far every thing Chris Roberts has said has been true.
:allears:

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Where's the promised shitstorm?

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Rome wasn't built in a day

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I said come in! posted:

Where's the promised shitstorm?

Coming in two weeks

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

No seriously, I want to see Star Citizen crash and burn as much as the next person. It was suppose to have happened months ago, what is the progress on this? So far every thing Chris Roberts has said has been true. I haven't been keeping up, did everyone collectively realize this game is actually coming out?

TOS mentioned 12 months from November 2014, so you kinda have to wait till November is over to see if anything happens. I'm sorry Star Citizen is not failing fast enough for you but you'll just have to bear with us.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

peter gabriel posted:

It's just that Rome was promised to be finished months ago. At this point the promised shitstorm where RSI crashes into the ocean is more delayed then the FPS module.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

I said come in! posted:

It's just that Rome was promised to be finished months ago. At this point the promised shitstorm where RSI crashes into the ocean is more delayed then the FPS module.

the poo poo storm has been delayed indefinitely, heard they're scrapping the whole thing and starting over. please come back later.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

I said come in! posted:

Sorry, no refunds.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Genuinely posting in this thread about the predicted timescales for the consequences of CIG missing their predicted timescales being missed.

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings

Octopode posted:

Here's the source starting at the beginning, have fun.

I don't notice you two demanding relevant source material for the claims here that reinforce your own vision of how things stand, or providing them, which is why I'm convinced you're only interested in them as a waste of my time, rather than out of any actual want for sources.

90% of this appears to be fanfiction.

Which sums up the project and its fans, I suppose.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

I said come in! posted:

Yeah but Rome, all that.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
Shitstorm postponed until broken wrists heal

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

peter gabriel posted:

You know… kind of.

It was built long before it became Rome, and flipping the switch from not-Rome to Rome didn't take all that long. It's the advantage of having a solid foundation to build on rather than trying to pull everything out of your rear end at once. :haw:

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
If Rome was built in a day then my whole life has been a lie

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's more a question of how you define “build” and “Rome.”

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Tippis posted:

It's more a question of how you define “build” and “Rome.”

Thanks, this helps, I am still confused though.
Brb re evaluating everything

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Rome wasn't built in a day.

It was built in 2 weeks.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

The Saddest Robot posted:

Rome wasn't built in a day.

It was built in 2 weeks.

And then delayed indefinitely.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!
Melman v2
So this game has basically everything Star Citizen promised and then some right

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2FRu9p-3Ois

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Cardboard Box A posted:

Nah. Not enough furry rape to satisfy the Brown Sea.

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

comatose posted:

And then delayed indefinitely.

And then burned to the ground?

I'm still waiting on that one too.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Cardboard Box A posted:

ain't got no :gary:PAAARPP!!!

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Cardboard Box A posted:

That's an unfair comparison. Space Engineers doesn't have an in-flight drinks dispenser.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

The Marauder posted:

And then burned to the ground?

I'm still waiting on that one too.

Fear not Citizen, that will be included in Alpha 2.0!

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

fuctifino posted:

That's an unfair comparison. Space Engineers doesn't have an in-flight drinks dispenser.

Neither has Star Citizen (except as concept).

The Marauder
Dec 1, 2013

Why walk out when you can outrun?

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Neither has Star Citizen (except as concept).

$350 for that concept first, though.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Poor fellow. I wonder what happened once he ran the latest version.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

I said come in! posted:

So in other words he has been lying this entire time. I mean I know that was a given, I assume everyone knew that, but it's nice that he has finally admitted it.

uhm....lying about what exactly?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

alphabettitouretti posted:

They're spending some thousands of dollars on mocap gear, but are unable to capture decent in game footage. This is fine, everything is going well.

...assuming you continue to believe all the bullshit coming out of there. Capturing videos from a runtime program is not rocket science. Oh wait. Nevermind.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Applebee123 posted:

Has Chris Roberts actually committed a crime if the whole thing collapses?

For instance I know if he never had any intent of creating a game and took all the money and did nothing that would be illegal, but if he attempted to spend the money to create the game and due to poor management it doesn't end up being completed, is that still a crime at all? Does the fact he paid himself and his wife (presumably) a very large salary effect anything?

They would have committed crimes if there is any evidence of fraud and/or malfeasance. Nothing else. Trying and failing is no crime. Paying yourself an inflated salary is only a crime if done with the intent to defraud.

These are the reasons why, the only way they get held accountable, is if people know what happened to the money. And I suspect that when it collapses - as I fully expect that it will - it's going to take years to get the full picture of what happened and how it all went so horribly wrong.

Anyone accusing them of fraud, and being unable to prove it, can and should get sued. Therein lies the rub. If whoever makes such an accusation gets sued, well that just leaves everything open to scrutiny and any good accountant or attorney is going to be able to pick anything out of a hat and attribute it to fraud (which is actually very broad).

It's a mess.

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?

peter gabriel posted:

If Rome was built in a day then my whole life has been a lie

Star Citizen is far more like Carthage than Rome. Knocks upon the gates of the publishers, creating unprecedented amounts of money through crowdfunding, before being utterly humiliated and destroyed.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

G0RF posted:

If any of you nerds speak French, Sandi specifically mentions the Monte Carlo Grand Prix during the early French portion of this recent interview. (It's mostly in English but Sandi speaks French and is reading Lord of the Rings in her French book club etc.)

She's not fluent in French, German, or any other language other than English. And gibberish. It's all lies.

Just the other day in her Facebook page, she was talking about going to a "French Book Club" (see the recent RTV where she mentions it). Only thing is that, it's not a club. It's a French "class". For beginners looking to make a trip to France. They charge $45 for two hours classes for remedial beginners. And she posts it on Facebook.

All you have to do is Google the number in the picture, and add "French" to it.

The woman is a professional liar.

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Nov 16, 2015

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer
She can sing the Nazi national anthem.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU