Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
I only had problems with ammo for the first 4 or 5 levels. Are people who have problems with ammo selling their chems, or taking them? I just dump all of my light-weight cash heavy junk and all of my chems at vendors to top up on stuff, and then try to cycle between a lot of different guns (it makes combat more fun anyway). I've been running a cap surplus, since selling off usually lets me get as much ammo as the vendor carries in a certain type with a few hundred left over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Vargs posted:

The settlers in my primary base are constantly complaining about there not being enough beds even though there are 27 of them to split between the population of 17. Do you people just want me to build the walls out of beds instead? Use beds as tables, and beds for decoration? What more do you want from me?!

Apparently 47 defense isn't enough for my precious babies, though so far they haven't been attacked anyway so whatever.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Vargs posted:

The settlers in my primary base are constantly complaining about there not being enough beds even though there are 27 of them to split between the population of 17. Do you people just want me to build the walls out of beds instead? Use beds as tables, and beds for decoration? What more do you want from me?!

I'm more curious about why there aren't any loving sheets or blankets in the fallout universe

Veeta
Dec 23, 2011

... καὶ ὡς ὑπὸ βελῶν τοῖς σοῖς κατατρωθήσονται ῥήμασιν.
I've just finished doing a quest in one of the active vaults that you find, and it's another great example of a splash of colour making environments such much more appealing to walk around. It's also lovely to have somewhere without piles of rubble in every corner, and bright, intact versions of everyday items lying around. If you compare it against the vault in which Fallout 3, which was operating under the exact same circumstances, the difference really is night and day (if you pardon the pun).

Also got a bit of companion dialogue with Codsworth, and even though it's very simple stuff I do admire the voice actor for being able to do it well while maintaining a comedy butler accent. That it ties in with the main plot's focus on family and artificial intelligence is nice too.

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

I found Yes Man in Fallout 4.

This have me a giggle, thanks.

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Find it hilarious that NPCs still just fade in and out when using doors.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice
I'm having some trouble with vault 95. I showed up and got disintegrated a half dozen times by the assaultrons. So obviously i came back in power armor with a fat man and a minigun and even that was a hard fight. Then I get inside and the place is filled with even more of them, they dont even have skulls but they were easily killing me in my T-60. Is there a trick to fighting robots that Im not getting? Like are they really weak against modded energy weapons or something?

Sorry Cait, this really isnt worth it...

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

I have a question about the laser musket. Does each crank do the listed damage? So a 6-crank, for example, is that 6 * the listed damage, or is the listed damage correct for a single, 6-ammo shot?

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

Zombies' Downfall posted:

I'm more curious about why there aren't any loving sheets or blankets in the fallout universe

I kind of wonder how those comfy pillows have stayed so drat pristine after 200 years of laying in some decrepit building.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Iceshade
Sep 15, 2007
Tactical Ignorance

Dandywalken posted:

To ammo-struggling dudes, I want to confirm what the Goon who suggested picking up enemy weapons said. You'll get whats in their mag, which needless to say can be a loving ton for certain weapons (automatics generally with big mags etc).

Maybe that explains it as well. I used to pick up a poo poo load of guns for their precious screws.

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Sonofsilversign posted:

I'm having some trouble with vault 95. I showed up and got disintegrated a half dozen times by the assaultrons. So obviously i came back in power armor with a fat man and a minigun and even that was a hard fight. Then I get inside and the place is filled with even more of them, they dont even have skulls but they were easily killing me in my T-60. Is there a trick to fighting robots that Im not getting? Like are they really weak against modded energy weapons or something?

Sorry Cait, this really isnt worth it...

Assaultrons are just powerful in general, they will gently caress you up at close range and can fire a death ray that will vaporize you nearly instantly, shooting them in the legs is a good option though.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Listen here Port-A-Diner, you're gonna give me that cake or I'm gonna take that cake, use your next grab wisely.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Where!?

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
Curious, where does an assaultron fall in the robot power scale? I haven't found any yet, found a sentrybot though that I could only kill by abusing the AI.

Tolstojevski
Apr 10, 2009

AceSnyp3r posted:

I have a question about the laser musket. Does each crank do the listed damage? So a 6-crank, for example, is that 6 * the listed damage, or is the listed damage correct for a single, 6-ammo shot?

I would say the damage listed is per crank as I have a laser shotgun that does about the same damage listed as the musket, but if I crank the musket 5 times it will absolutely gently caress somebodies day up. If it is not exactly per crank then its pretty darn close in my opinion.

BIG PUFFY NIPS
Mar 7, 2007

College Slice

Judge Tesla posted:

Assaultrons are just powerful in general, they will gently caress you up at close range and can fire a death ray that will vaporize you nearly instantly, shooting them in the legs is a good option though.

I tried crippling limbs and heads but Im just not putting out enough damage, my weapons are fully modded for my level and i cant exactly use a missile launcher in a tight vault hallway, everything else ive fought goes down eventually but not these things :shrug:

deathbagel
Jun 10, 2008

A lot of people hate on the wimpy DJ, but I just picture him as Morty from "Rick and Morty" and he seems far less annoying all of the sudden for some reason. Now I just need to go find his quest so I can be his Rick and help him harden up.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

I think I found it on a table by Doctor Amara in GoodNeighbour, but I hadn't actually checked it out before now.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

and god is on your side
dividing sparrows from the nightingales
Has anyone tried a cannibal run yet? It's so ridiculous high up the END tree you'd basically have to plan around it, but I'm curious if it's even remotely useful (Like, run up and beat things to death, get shot a lot, eat all of their corpses to go back to full health, something like that).

Also, do people still immediately turn hostile when they catch you doing it?

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Tolstojevski posted:

I would say the damage listed is per crank as I have a laser shotgun that does about the same damage listed as the musket, but if I crank the musket 5 times it will absolutely gently caress somebodies day up. If it is not exactly per crank then its pretty darn close in my opinion.
poo poo...I shouldn't have sold the legendary musket I found awhile back and wrote off as garbage.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Smol posted:

Curious, where does an assaultron fall in the robot power scale? I haven't found any yet, found a sentrybot though that I could only kill by abusing the AI.

Assaultrons are way less scary than sentrybots imo, I just shotgun them down

godface zillah
Nov 18, 2012

moist turtleneck posted:

Just another day in Sanctuary

Took me forever to figure out where the mooing was coming from

Get down from there!

Judge Tesla
Oct 29, 2011

:frogsiren:

Wolfsheim posted:

Has anyone tried a cannibal run yet? It's so ridiculous high up the END tree you'd basically have to plan around it, but I'm curious if it's even remotely useful (Like, run up and beat things to death, get shot a lot, eat all of their corpses to go back to full health, something like that).

Also, do people still immediately turn hostile when they catch you doing it?

Every companion apart from Strong and Dogmeat will get awfully angry with you if you chow down on people, so those will be your only options for buddies.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
What are the .ini tweaks to change the legendary monster encounter rate?

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

godface zillah posted:

Get down from there!
Between this poo poo and finding out that Trashcan Carla sells out synths to the Institute, I'm so close to just capping her rear end.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Kind of stupid, but I just found out that if you need to pass time and no bed is available you can wait by sitting in chairs. :doh:

Apparently it's in Goodneighbor, in the Memory Den.

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Can I have some goon opinions on the PS4 version of this? Mainly regarding how bad the framerate is, functionally, like if it does get in the way with fights often, or not.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

Arach posted:

As far as I can tell, there's no Chinese Stealth Armour to be found. Unless it's particularlly well hidden. I am sad.

I really wish there was more under-armour options, or at least modifiable ones. I've been rocking the 111 Jumpsuit the entire game.

Yes it is. I've been rocking it since I got it in my late 20s, once you fully upgrade it and get a Silencer on it, max out Commando and Ninja you're doing crazy damage. I've had to up my game to very hard to get it to keep up.

The "Shoots An Additional Projectile" is basically THE legendary modifier you want for any gun.

Maybe I'm mistaken here but why would you want commando? I turned it into a single-shot 188dmg weapon and I can one-shot deathclaws now at level 68 playing on hard. Automatics are for scrubs.

E: Also I just cleaned out Quincy and found no stealthy murderbot... what'd I miss?

Lima
Jun 17, 2012

Jfc the norweigan ghouls :xd:

"Gå af mit skib"

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.

:stare:

is it a full text base adventure because, holy poo poo...

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:

Genocyber posted:

Can I have some goon opinions on the PS4 version of this? Mainly regarding how bad the framerate is, functionally, like if it does get in the way with fights often, or not.

Digital Foundry says it's not really a problem unless there's a lot of alpha blending effects like smoke from minigun making holes into walls.

Inverness
Feb 4, 2009

Fully configurable personal assistant.

Andrast posted:

Who cares? It's not like the invasion mechanic is in anyway fleshed out or relevant at all.
Perhaps Fallout 4's version of Hearthfire will be a tower defense mod. :unsmigghh:

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Genocyber posted:

The only times I've noticed any frame rate problems are areas that have a lot going on at once or when it autosaves. It's never gotten in the way of combat, just kind of bothered my eyes sometimes. I've played a lot so far, no crashes and only one glitch that was fixed by reloading.

Vikar Jerome posted:

:stare:

is it a full text base adventure because, holy poo poo...

There's a small one on a terminal in Hubris Comics in Fallout 3 as well.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I'm going to kill myself if the raiders at the Federal Ration Stockpile kidnap this guy's wife again. Holy moly.

Sikreci
Mar 23, 2006

Inverness posted:

Perhaps Fallout 4's version of Hearthfire will be a tower defense mod. :unsmigghh:
As dumb as this is, I would buy this poo poo out of it.

sector_corrector
Jan 18, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Genocyber posted:

It's really only bad in certain areas. For example, there was a wide open area with an unique encounter that spawned ~10 ghouls which tanked my framerate when I looked directly at them, but for the most part it's acceptable. I think I may be less sensitive to that than other people though.

coyo7e
Aug 23, 2007

by zen death robot

Dandywalken posted:

To ammo-struggling dudes, I want to confirm what the Goon who suggested picking up enemy weapons said. You'll get whats in their mag, which needless to say can be a loving ton for certain weapons (automatics generally with big mags etc).
I quoted or posted about this a couple times but yeah it cannot be said enough.

Digital_Jesus
Feb 10, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofuW7d3fyOc

Genocyber
Jun 4, 2012

Cool, thanks for the opinions. I'll probably pick it up in a Black Friday sale (or earlier if I get bored with MGSV).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010

Can anyone tell me what I need to do to my video settings to make this game not look all whitewashed? I'm tweaking different things but nothing is working.

• Locked thread