Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
idk about the merk vote, when he plays hes super genuine. hes just really disconnected for some reason right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Alright, I'm off to the gym. Depending on the length of the session I might be back before deadline but I'm not making any promises.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Alright, so I've put a theory out there and it's provoked some discussion at least. Anybody have any better ideas?

merk, for uncaring absenteeism.
bif for having a convoluted role that improves with a townie death, like Quidnose had.
tbk for not playing.
EXACT Science for lamp genie appearances

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

MysticalMachineGun posted:

Alright, I'm off to the gym. Depending on the length of the session I might be back before deadline but I'm not making any promises.

Bye, thanks for running off after trying to start a vote split off a really bad flavor case.

Still looks scummy to me and maybe I was wrong about Kommando more likely being town if he's backing you up and dropping scummy iajanus from his list.

Looks like you were just joining the iajanus vote when it looked inevitable, didn't want to get left off the bus Kommando? Now you're backing off when it looks like you could get away without him being lynched.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
Mmg looks terrible for that bif case; it's real bad. No real reasoning, just a half assed flavor argument. I don't like it at all

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

nope.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

If you guys cant manage to lynch anybody good though, feel free to pile on me at deadline so we can make some progress and show Kommando as full of poo poo.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Bifauxnen posted:

If you guys cant manage to lynch anybody good though, feel free to pile on me at deadline so we can make some progress and show Kommando as full of poo poo.

This is a bad idea.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Just sayin', obviously lynching iajanus would be better.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Kommando posted:

merk, for uncaring absenteeism.
bif for having a convoluted role that improves with a townie death, like Quidnose had.
tbk for not playing.
EXACT Science for lamp genie appearances

Out of those options I'm going with exact as the veracity of attack and sudden appearances seems to be the most suspicious. Merk seems suss as well but I think it's more likely right now that it's just coincidental than not and there isn't that much else to go on. Bif has been a strident voice against me but I think it's coming from a good place.

##vote Exact

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

bif are you goading me into voting for a townie?

iajanus is making noise and attracting attention, im pointing out lurkers who were giving a free pass on or those who only pop up when called.

votefinder, when is deadline? what's it at?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Exakt's been posting and casing a lot when he's around, pretty bad pick but I'm not surprised.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

bif are you goading me into voting for a townie?

iajanus is making noise and attracting attention, im pointing out lurkers who were giving a free pass on or those who only pop up when called.

votefinder, when is deadline? what's it at?

Haha if iajanus is a townie I guess you'd know for sure?

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

:smugjones:

what the actual gently caress bif.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

janus is just firing blindly to save himself now, cmon yall

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

You know what the actual gently caress, stop playing it up and lynch somebody better like iajanus if you're all concerned

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Tremendous Taste posted:

janus is just firing blindly to save himself now, cmon yall

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
Crap didn't realize deadline was tonight. Had a pretty busy weekend. I'm starting the feel the MMG case

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Bifauxnen posted:

Kat have you got any reads that are not flavor based?

My initial feeling was MMG, TT and CCKeane but as the game has progressed CCKeane has dropped off completely (as I said earlier today, I think it's a playstyle clash). I'm still on high alert for MMG and TT, Iajanus and Kommando I'm also wary of.

Venomsoagaspy is weird but not outside his usual self and I believe his insistence on MMG is coming from a good place, you Bif are being UNUSUALLY HELPFUL which should probably set off alarm bells but then you've also said some big theoretical effort posts on things like the Kashuno claim that I agree with very strongly which makes me think you're less scummy, cos that kind of theorycrafting helps town make sense of a shitfight mess which is against scum interests.

TBK is a bit of a poo poo for disappearing, ditto firey_valk today, merk's drop in drop outs, Exact science appearing on command as if summoned by magic. There are still quite a lot of people playing and without the post counter to do some maths magic for me I do find the lurkers getting lost in my scanning, which is probably exactly what they want. The whole team can't be hiding though.

I've probably missedpeople but I am at work, this game end time is awkward for all timezones I guess.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

You know what the actual gently caress, stop playing it up and lynch somebody better like iajanus if you're all concerned

n-gage got enraged.

##vote Bifauxnen

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Kommando posted:

n-gage got enraged.

##vote Bifauxnen

What the gently caress is this

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Missing my Komaeda av right now :buddy:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I would vote for iajanus to get things moving since it seems like the people high on my shitlist are trying pretty hard to stop it.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
here ##vote iajanus

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Kashuno posted:

What the gently caress is this

she has admitted to powers that get better when a townie, specifically, I die.

that's complex and Quidnose had a similar power set that changed with townie death.

I think that's scum.

I don't think she's a PSP, I think she's the Nokia N-gage.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
We're 40 min from deadline and in the interest of keeping us from no lynching I'll ##vote iajanus

Starting tmrw I can be more involved bc my show is over

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kommando posted:

that's complex and Quidnose had a similar power set that changed with townie death.

I think that's scum.

You're arguing on flavor cause you got no real cases, you're probably scum flailing and backed off the iajanus vote once it looked like you didn't need to get on board for townie cred anymore.

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back

Kommando posted:

I think that's scum.

That can't connect to PSN though, right?

I know nothing about video games aside of how to play them

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

##vote iajanus

Aight.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Thanks bud :buddy:

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

it's not flavour, it's powers and claims.

if I change to vote for iajanus, will you go after me for changing?

I'm not done with you.

TammyHEH
Dec 11, 2013

Alfrything is only the ghost of a memory...
i'll re-engage tomorrow i guess since this is only 24 hours ##vote iajanus

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Nah at least not right now. If I live to tomorrow ill prolly still be looking at Soagaspy too

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

Thanks bud :buddy:

you're welcome gal.

:cheers:

imgay
May 12, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
uguuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuo
##vote janus

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Since it's looking likely I'll be voted out let's all pay attention to where the main thrust against me's been coming from for when you find out my alignment.

Bif has been pretty strident but also consistent and well reasoned. Whilst it could be scum with a focused plan it seems genuine to me.
Exact has been popping up as if on cue and has also been pretty gungho about pushing everyone onto me. Also gotten defended by Bif without any real grounds.
Kommando has been trying to use the roles to actually work out people's motivation, although with a strong focus on Bif for some reason I can't put my finger on.
Kat jumped in with some actual reasons against particular people but then voted for me out of "convenience" even after pointing out some decent leads.
Otherwise it's time for more people to come out of the woodwork at the last moment for the inevitable lynching party so hopefully you learn something useful from this all.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##unvote iajanus

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
That escalated quickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Are any of our other players going to check in and say anything? Ken, Valk, Tommunist "Oh I guess I'll try tomorrow"

As town you should fear every day as your last.

• Locked thread