Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BurningDance
Apr 27, 2010
I thought the Garou vs Saitama fight was about Garou's concept of heroes and villains. Garou wanted to break the concept of heroes always getting the upperhand in the end and he strove for that by destroyingdefeating as many heroes as he can. He kept evolving in Saitama's fight until he kept spewing more and more stuff about heroes and villains. He couldn't exist as a serious and threatening villain against some doofus who goes around being a hero as a hobby.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Garou's half-hearted monster hobby couldn't beat Saitama's serious hero hobby.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

The true face of despair.

Sir Ilpalazzo
Sep 4, 2012

Jintor posted:

man, re-reading the villain association assault is so much fun. I hadn't picked up the first time through that King accidentally disabled Evil Natural Water because Water reacts to killing intent, and King not having any neutralised it.

The moment where he tells Homeless Emperor to watch his footing, sending him into this panicked inner monologue about how amazing King is, kills me every time. Maybe my favorite chapter in the series.

It honestly kind of bums me out that the Murata version is doing this "filler" arc. I have no doubts it's going to be quality, of course, but man I just want it to get into the Monster Association arc already.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

who would win in a fight, Master Roshi or Bang?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

mabels big day posted:

who would win in a fight, Master Roshi or Bang?

Roshi, Being as that he can destroy the planet with one shot at his max and Bang couldn't destroy a meteor much less a moon.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

AtomikKrab posted:

Roshi, Being as that he can destroy the planet with one shot at his max and Bang couldn't destroy a meteor much less a moon.

To put it in the words of the great King:

"I can't reach that."

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

ONE's front pages for his chapters are kind of great.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well poo poo, looks like saitama has finally met his match in that giant burger

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Serious Frolicking posted:

well poo poo, looks like saitama has finally met his match in that giant burger

That there looks like a job for Genos if you ask me

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://galaxyheavyblow.web.fc2.com/top.html

There are three pages of them. There's an hyperlink to the next page on the first two pages or you can just put a 2 or 3 after top in the URL if you can't see it.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

So which ONE chapter header is representative of most goons?

(me included)

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Binary Badger posted:

it's this one

It's NSFW in the most technical sense of the term, I suppose.

jwang
Mar 31, 2013
I like how there's one showing Saitama being super serious while carrying his on sale groceries. It encapsulates the most important part of the whole series.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Binary Badger posted:

Pig God is way too responsible to be a goon.

Also Mods Knew

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
Has the idea been brought up that Blast doesn't actually exist by himself, and he's Bang and Bomb doing the fusion dance?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Finally caught up to the original webcomic after reading all the re-drawn chapters. Welcome to my latest obsession.

Apocron
Dec 5, 2005
Just started reading Mob Psycho 100 and it's soooooo good! Highly recommended to anyone who has caught up with the latest chapter!

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Alder posted:

Finally caught up to the original webcomic after reading all the re-drawn chapters. Welcome to my latest obsession.

welcome

also read mob psycho

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Because I can't post about it in the Murata thread:

EVIR Gibson posted:

You can't change him because I think he demonstrates the people in S-Class that are just there because they are strong while ignoring their bad sides. But I think him and several others in S-Class is the reason Mask is trying to clean up S-Class. Mask said he wants to make sure no one becomes S-Class without the ideal characteristics he and probably the Hero Association want in there. Prisoner, Pig God, Robo, ,Tornado, and several others in S-Class demonstrate corrosive, unrelatable, or selfish personalities. I think when the Hero Association went first legit, they had to fill in the S-Class with anyone strong to have legit protection quickly. Now that they have a good number they can now make sure any new hero entering S-Class is the ideal hero for the public.

I hope he just means Pig God is "unrelatable."

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
Mask hates Pig God because he's a big ugly fato and Mask is insecure about the fact he's secretly some kind of horrific monster wearing an Edgar suit.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
Pig God will get his true moments deeper into the Garou arc (and a lot at the end of it) and everyone will give him the love he deserves.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

TheKingofSprings posted:

Has the idea been brought up that Blast doesn't actually exist by himself, and he's Bang and Bomb doing the fusion dance?

Yeah given the naming scheme I wouldn't be surprised if Blast is their father or something.

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe
I feel like Blast being related to Bang and Bomb is really too obvious a revelation, and the naming scheme is only there to throw the reader into thinking it might be a possibility.

Pig God will get his time in the sun soon enough in the Murata version, I'm personally just waiting for Watchdog man to get some focus and see what he can do.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I want Watchdog-man to be an actual talking dog with a man's face on a ball in its mouth to convince people it's a man in a dog suit.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Blast is just the code name for the nuclear option

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

It's an h-bomb in a cape with a painted on smiley face.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I could've sworn there was a thing about how S-class heroes were stuck in ranks far below their abilities. And I thought Murata had redrawn it too. Was it just a ONE thing and if so, what chapter was it?

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

RareAcumen posted:

I could've sworn there was a thing about how S-class heroes were stuck in ranks far below their abilities. And I thought Murata had redrawn it too. Was it just a ONE thing and if so, what chapter was it?

Chapter 67: http://bato.to/reader#910351530c4b8345

hasn't been redrawn yet, but yeah it is a pretty cool parallel to what Saitama is going through. The funny part being that he is so ridiculously above even the S-Classes that basically everyone refuses to believe it.

tsob
Sep 26, 2006

Chalalala~

Guy A. Person posted:

hasn't been redrawn yet, but yeah it is a pretty cool parallel to what Saitama is going through. The funny part being that he is so ridiculously above even the S-Classes that basically everyone refuses to believe it.

The anime episode where Saitama and Genos join the hero association kind of ruined that a bit from my understanding, since they gave him a really low C class rank because he did so badly on the written test while acknowledging that he annihilated all the physical tests to an unprecedented degree with them noting that he'll be one to watch in future. I haven't read the manga in a while but I was sure there was something there about how the association flat out didn't believe the scores Saitama achieved in the physical tests and assumed there had to be some cheating or mistakes going on so they gave him just about the lowest rank possible. If they knew what his strength was there's really no reason he shouldn't be an S class, even with Sweet Mask's concerns.

Guy A. Person
May 23, 2003

Gotcha. I haven't watched the anime yet, I was pretty confident that both manga versions took the "cheating/error with the test" route and just didn't believe that he could be as strong as he actually is.

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

tsob posted:

The anime episode where Saitama and Genos join the hero association kind of ruined that a bit from my understanding, since they gave him a really low C class rank because he did so badly on the written test while acknowledging that he annihilated all the physical tests to an unprecedented degree with them noting that he'll be one to watch in future. I haven't read the manga in a while but I was sure there was something there about how the association flat out didn't believe the scores Saitama achieved in the physical tests and assumed there had to be some cheating or mistakes going on so they gave him just about the lowest rank possible. If they knew what his strength was there's really no reason he shouldn't be an S class, even with Sweet Mask's concerns.

I'm pretty sure the bit with Snek and the other dude is in the original as well. It's the whole reason Snek goes to bully Saitama.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

tsob posted:

They only start thinking he cheated later, after he gave up his victory against Sea King to the other heroes and gained a lovely reputation.

I do like how the anime added in bits where they also don't know he was involved in the House of Evolution and so gave all the credit for that to Genos.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

tsob posted:

Saitama's powers are refusal to be acknowledged, obliviousness and one-hit kill in that order. Most people, when confronted by the man who looks like a lovely napkin drawing of a person recoil at the thought he's actually the strongest hero in the series that we've seen. Until he starts playing up serious threat fights and just bouncing back after been punched through mountains and then leaping back into the arena and making it look like he's really trying, no one will be able to comprehend that he's freakishly powerful. Don't forget that Fubuki's reactions are basically the same as everyone's in response to him 'Why is an S-class hero working under a B-rank hero? Why does this B-class know King!?'

So people will do everything they can to rationalize away the fact that he outranks almost every hero shown because he doesn't look impressive.

Guy A. Person posted:

Also thanks for this, I'm glad I wasn't insane.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

. gently caress doublepost

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
I clicked on the link now it's hours later and I've reread the entire manga again. Worth it.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

LostRook posted:

I clicked on the link now it's hours later and I've reread the entire manga again. Worth it.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

tsob posted:

The anime episode where Saitama and Genos join the hero association kind of ruined that a bit from my understanding, since they gave him a really low C class rank because he did so badly on the written test while acknowledging that he annihilated all the physical tests to an unprecedented degree with them noting that he'll be one to watch in future

That was in the manga.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution

LostRook posted:

I did this with the redraw series when Sea King was brought up earlier, and now I did it again with that link that just got posted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AndwhatIseeisme
Mar 30, 2010

Being alive is pretty much a constant stream of embarrassment.
Fun Shoe

LostRook posted:

I had forgotten how good the Monster Association and Garou fights were. Can not wait to see Murata's version of them.