Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

anotherblownsave posted:

Are they gonna get the race in today?

They've got lights and they're on the west coast, so I'd say probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

I'd think so, especially since the track has lights.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

Okay didn't remember if the track had lights or not. Cool, Harvick gon win dis

devmd01
Mar 7, 2006

Elektronik
Supersonik
Flipped over just in time to see logano get punted. Glorious.

Edit: it shows how much I've paid attention to NASCAR since this is apparently tape delay.

devmd01 fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Nov 15, 2015

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

devmd01 posted:

Edit: it shows how much I've paid attention to NASCAR since this is apparently tape delay.

It is still glorious.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

devmd01 posted:

Dev is the guy who thought Jimmie Johnson won the 2014 Daytona 500 in spite of the scrolls saying "THIS IS LAST YEAR'S RACE".

E- They're showing Talladega again and it supports the argument Harvick deliberately spun Bayne. Harvick got the hell out of the way on the first attempt and stayed in line on the second.

CBJSprague24 fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Nov 16, 2015

LASTCAR
Mar 25, 2010

I like the drivers
you never hear about
in the cars
you never see
who finish in the position
you never want

And now let's go to Kurt Busch for his thoughts on today's rain delay.

EDIT: NSFW, I guess. But with Kurt I guess that goes without saying.

LASTCAR fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Nov 16, 2015

daslog
Dec 10, 2008

#essereFerrari
Is this race happening and does anyone care?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

2018 Indianapolis 500 Winner

daslog posted:

Well it's west coast so east coast people will be waiting a while. I'd laugh if they try to do an 08 California which they waited til 11 pm pst to call it. Predictions look doubtful to get to halfway tonight. If not then they'll be racing tomorrow.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

daslog posted:

I care, daslog, I care.

anotherblownsave
Feb 26, 2008

The sponsors will like you better this way, trust me.

They're aiming for 7pm I just heard so I'm assuming that means 10pm EST. Is it really gonna rain again?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

anotherblownsave posted:

They're aiming for 7pm I just heard so I'm assuming that means 10pm EST. Is it really gonna rain again?

Predictions say rain will ramp up big time by 9 pm which that's in 2 hours. Rain likely from now til past midnight.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

BMB5150 posted:

Predictions say rain will ramp up big time by 9 pm which that's in 2 hours. Rain likely from now til past midnight.

sigh

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Well, let's get as many laps in as possible! Expected start at 9 EST (8 minutes).

Advancement clinch scenarios:
-#18-Kyle Busch will clinch with a finish of 3rd or better; 4th and at least one lap led; or 5th and most laps led.
-#4-Kevin Harvick will clinch with a finish of 2nd or better; 3rd and at least one lap led; or 4th and most laps led.
-#78-Martin Truex Jr., #19-Carl Edwards, #2-Brad Keselowski, #41-Kurt Busch can make it in with a win or points and help.
-#22-Joey Logano must win.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

LASTCAR posted:

And now let's go to Kurt Busch for his thoughts on today's rain delay.

EDIT: NSFW, I guess. But with Kurt I guess that goes without saying.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

I thought NASCAR made it so once the flag flew, it didn't matter who crossed the line first. :confused:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

Go away Logano

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

There is a storm threatening to the southwest but it could narrowly miss it. But also they could make it to halfway before the storm.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost
Oh my god yes

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

This race was boring so lets crash during pit stops and shake poo poo up.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

If they lose the track the race is over. By the time they get the track dry the big storm will come and will be very late.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

BMB5150 posted:

If they lose the track the race is over. By the time they get the track dry the big storm will come and will be very late.

they'll keep trying to dark the dark spot in the corner that's actually a stain

fuseshock
Aug 7, 2010
NASCAR kept the race under caution after the wreck for that long to hand Dale Jr. the win. :tinfoil:

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Here you go, NASCAR. Do you call an elimination race short of the full distance or do your best to run it to completion?

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

CBJSprague24 posted:

Here you go, NASCAR. Do you call an elimination race short of the full distance or do your best to run it to completion?

Well not dumb enough to wait til 1 am pst. :lol: at Edwards hoping to go to back and hearing the fans and yelled drat it after the interview.

Harry J
Nov 8, 2004

LS-WHAT???!!!!????!!!!

BMB5150 posted:

Well not dumb enough to wait til 1 am pst. :lol: at Edwards hoping to go to back and hearing the fans and yelled drat it after the interview.

A priceless reaction.

L_Harrison
May 22, 2007
Hopefully Homestead ends the same way. A caution comes out in the middle of green flag stops, race called for rain. Champion determined.

#quintessential

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
NASCAR should race in AT&T stadium. Just give everyone their own supply of oxygen or something.

BMB5150
Oct 24, 2010

I could see that race going til the morning if they have to. That'd be amazing, make it the 24 hours of Homestead, race oval on one lap and road course on the next lap.

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
This race made me smile. A lot.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Solid final 4 as long as Kyle doesn't win.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

kidcoelacanth posted:

Solid final 4 as long as Kevin doesn't win.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Calling the race was the right call and honestly it didn't look like there was gonna be much of a change in the final four outside of any Edwards/Truex variance, so I'm not upset about how things turned out. It is amusing that NASCAR can't seem to have an elimination race that isn't a clusterfuck.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Agree- hey wait a minute!!! :mad:

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

:mmmhmm:

I'd be okay with any of them winning. Pulling hard for Truex though because that would own immensely

mischief
Jun 3, 2003
Obligatory Junior win celebration.

Love that guy.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

Gordon > Truex > Kyle (only as the comedy option, 25 race champ, to really make this look stupid) > Harvick.

Also, Pick 'Em Game update with a FINAL ROUND CHALLENGE! http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3741691&pagenumber=1&perpage=40#post452779898

Exi7wound
Aug 22, 2004

LOGANO
Remember my name... you'll be screaming it later.
Not enough asterisks on the whole internets for this race.

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

2015 Sprint Cup Champion*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Harveygod
Jan 4, 2014

YEEAAH HEH HEH HEEEHH

YOU KNOW WHAT I'M SAYIN

THIS TRASH WAR AIN'T GONNA SOLVE ITSELF YA KNOW

CBJSprague24 posted:

Gordon > Truex > Kyle (only as the comedy option, 25 race champ, to really make this look stupid) > Harvick.

This. I'd actually be happy with any non-Harvick driver.

• Locked thread