Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

iajanus posted:

Kat jumped in with some actual reasons against particular people but then voted for me out of "convenience" even after pointing out some decent leads.
Otherwise it's time for more people to come out of the woodwork at the last moment for the inevitable lynching party so hopefully you learn something useful from this all.

Kat Delacour posted:

##unvote iajanus

Kat Delacour posted:

That escalated quickly.

:laugh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I'll vote for him to avoid a no lynch but those additional 5 votes flew in pretty quickly, and not all with consideration.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
This is the poo poo that's supposed to worry you "townie"

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

Bifauxnen posted:

iajanus posted:

Since it's looking likely I'll be voted out let's all pay attention to where the main thrust against me's been coming from for when you find out my alignment.

Bif has been pretty strident but also consistent and well reasoned. Whilst it could be scum with a focused plan it seems genuine to me.
Exact has been popping up as if on cue and has also been pretty gungho about pushing everyone onto me. Also gotten defended by Bif without any real grounds.
Kommando has been trying to use the roles to actually work out people's motivation, although with a strong focus on Bif for some reason I can't put my finger on.
Kat jumped in with some actual reasons against particular people but then voted for me out of "convenience" even after pointing out some decent leads.
Otherwise it's time for more people to come out of the woodwork at the last moment for the inevitable lynching party so hopefully you learn something useful from this all.

She has admitted to having a power that gets better when i die.

Bifauxnen posted:

A joystick? Do you mean a d-pad? I'm sitting here imagining any handheld with a joystick stickin' off it and that's hilarious. But yeah. I'm a PSP.

I won't say what I can do now, but I get a bonus power if the Nintendo DS dies before me. Once Kommando straight-up claimed DS, I started thinking that he's more likely town, since the competitor I want to out-do would be the real DS, not a clone. Probably.

Maybe he doesn't have a mirror of my condition if he was so upfront about claiming it, but after I got put on the list of handhelds, and the other one claimed a game boy, he might've worked it out. Come to think of it, you might've worked it out too. So I don't consider this hard proof of your ability, but I hope if Kommando is town he'll rethink his vote on me. Cause he'd be town himself despite the advantage I would gain if he dies.

no lovers thing, no nurse/deputy thing.

I'm a DS.

Anidav posted:

*The consoles stumble upon a lamp*

DS, rub it.

Touch tooouchtouuuuch

The Apple iPhone (Quidnose) has been lynched! (3rd Party Lyncher, becomes serial killer if certain handhelds are lynched or killed)
It is now Night 2.
Night actions to me!
Thread unlocks 12:30pm tomorrow; Brisbane Time.

becomes serial killer if certain handhelds are lynched or killed

Becomes more powerful if certain handhelds are lynched or killed...

becomes more powerful

certain handhelds.

Look, draw your own conclusion. But this looks like a pattern to me.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Kat Delacour posted:

This is the poo poo that's supposed to worry you "townie"

only if you think the recent voters are all scum. games don't work that way, and it's wrong just like it was when it was pulled out for the quid lynch.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

iajanus (9): Tremendous Taste, EXAKT Science, SirSamVimes, Bifauxnen, Kashuno, Kommando, Kommando, Kat Delacour, AnonymousNarcotics, CCKeane, Tommunist, imgay, Kat Delacour
Tremendous Taste (2): Ixtlilton, imgay, merk, imgay
MysticalMachineGun (2): Venom Soag, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, bromplicated, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour
Bifauxnen (2): MysticalMachineGun, Kommando
EXAKT Science (1): iajanus
Venom Soag (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
merk (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
thatbastardken (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
bromplicated (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (4): fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Kat Delacour, thatbastardken

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 16th, 2015 at 12:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 11 minutes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

What are we at votefinder?

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

Kom I think if anything it refers to the fact that Nintendo's had to make an uneasy alliance with their competition to stop the clones. We're supposed to be banding together, but if we pull out ahead of you along the way its a bonus. I haven't been moving on you since you claimed until just now when I thought you were trying to save Janus, cause i'd rather keep a townie than get a bonus power that I prolly don't need.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
##vote iajanus I don't know what to believe anymore. This is bumming me out like the mario game. Too many lurkers too. Can't outplay someone who isn't loving playing.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

quote:

Not Voting (4): fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, Kat Delacour, thatbastardken
absent.

Bifauxnen posted:

Kom I think if anything it refers to the fact that Nintendo's had to make an uneasy alliance with their competition to stop the clones. We're supposed to be banding together, but if we pull out ahead of you along the way its a bonus. I haven't been moving on you since you claimed until just now when I thought you were trying to save Janus, cause i'd rather keep a townie than get a bonus power that I prolly don't need.

I dont think we're facing a scum team, i think we're facing some 3ps.

I think you're one of them.

I think one/some of the lurkers are too

but some are going to have to change their votes to lynch iajanus.

and we have 7 minutes.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

:redhammer:

A lynchless day is a bad day.

Bif.
Tomorrow.

##vote iajanus

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:redhammer: Oh no! I think iajanus is hammered!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
I'm out atm will lock later.

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

remember that time i was a psychiatrist and i put a hammer through my patient's skull.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Woof, sorry guys, had a busy day.

Anyway, I don't have enough time to cook up a story this time so I'll just make this short and sweet.

iajanus, The Game Boy Colour was Lynched (Vanilla Town)

It is now Night 3
Replacements are being sought for fiery_valkyrie and TBK.

Thread will unlock when all night actions are received, otherwise at 2:30pm Brisbane time to make up for the delayed flip.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 3

iajanus (11): Tremendous Taste, EXAKT Science, SirSamVimes, Bifauxnen, Kashuno, Kommando, Kommando, Kat Delacour, AnonymousNarcotics, CCKeane, Tommunist, imgay, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, Kommando
Tremendous Taste (2): Ixtlilton, imgay, merk, imgay
MysticalMachineGun (2): Venom Soag, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour, bromplicated, Kat Delacour, Kat Delacour
EXAKT Science (1): iajanus
Bifauxnen (1): MysticalMachineGun, Kommando, Kommando
Venom Soag (0): Bifauxnen, Bifauxnen
merk (0): Kommando, Kommando, Kommando, Kommando
thatbastardken (0): Kashuno, Kashuno
bromplicated (0): Kashuno, Kashuno

Not Voting (3): fiery_valkyrie, HiipFire, thatbastardken

With 20 alive, it's 11 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 16th, 2015 at 12:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 0 minutes.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

TBK has been mod sacrificed to the volcano god to revive Birdstike as TBK's Console. (Since no one else offered, he also knows no more information since he died previously.)
Gwynplaine has offered to replace fiery_valkyrie

I know you’re behind this Saturn, most people stick an Action Replay in you and it’s driven you mad. Mad enough to join the clones.

I only wish to catch clones and put an end to this emulation sorcery

Your wish will be granted, I am looking for an end and all the other consoles are whispering about you being involved somehow.

Of course this means taking a peek inside your hardware and seeing what makes you tick…
And there’s only one way to do that. . .

MEANWHILE

GBA you weirdo, uncast this spell or we will end you!

Once the L button is pressed, death awaits; be my guest.

Stop talking in riddles you weird medic and uncast this spell. Our plans require all our members to be in top condition.

You don’t gently caress with a Nintendo, cheap clone.
You don't
gently caress with a Nintendo

Wait no lives have to be lost!

I've saved plenty. Clones don't have lives. They steal them.
*L button is pressed again*

Imgay… I’m sorry we cannot save you from this Nintendo Spell…

MMG, The Sega Saturn has been killed (Vanilla Town)

bromplicated, The Game Boy Advanced has been killed (L & R: You are a doctor, L and R stands for Love and Rescue, as an additional action; if you believe you are going to get killed you can press the L button to become lovers with a target [One Shot]

imgay, The Sega Genesis 3 has been killed (SOUTH AMERICAN EMBARGO:If Sega Genesis dies, becomes odd night roleblocker)[SCUM][Secret Lovers with bromplicated!]

Anidav posted:

In 1998, Sega gave Majesco the rights to make a Sega Genesis for South America! The result is a small and rather stupid looking machine.

Anidav fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Nov 17, 2015

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
Votecount for Day 4

Not Voting (17): AnonymousNarcotics, Bifauxnen, Birdstrike, CCKeane, EXAKT Science, Gwynplaine, HiipFire, iajanus, Ixtlilton, Kashuno, Kat Delacour, Kommando, merk, SirSamVimes, Tommunist, Tremendous Taste, Venom Soag

With 17 alive, it's 9 votes to lynch. The current deadline is November 18th, 2015 at 2:30 p.m. EST -- that's in about 1 day, 2 hours.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
kept you waitign huh

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Tactical Sexpionage Tourism
mmg was town

did not see that coming

okay workin down the list

##vote tremendous taste

keeps tryign to shut down conversation and makes it seem like going the easy vote every day is the best vote

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Birdstrike posted:

kept you waitign huh

your pretty good

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Ok guys I will really try today.

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

wait was imgay scum

i cant make sense of anime daves wall of bold but it looks lkke a scum died

:toot:

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Yeah. I'm so turned around this game. Helpful Bif is scum Bif.

##vote Bif

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I'm convinced my role is absolutely loving useless.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I think imgay was scum? good on bromp for that.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Kashuno posted:

I'm convinced my role is absolutely loving useless.

what did volcano gods tell youse last night?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I spaced the bold out to make it easier to read.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

A common complaint with the Sega Genesis 3 was the controller weighed more than the console itself causing any slight movement in the controller to make the console slide off tables and break against any hard surfaces. It was a cheap piece of poo poo and you couldn't use a Sega CD or 32X with it so it was pretty much cheap and useless.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Did Kommando claim yet?

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

Kashuno posted:

Did Kommando claim yet?

yeah komamdo claimed it was a Nintendo handheld I think

Venom Soag
Oct 1, 2015

DS?

also GAY FOX I forgive you. You fought well.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
sounds right he has 2 screens a cartridge slot and a dpad

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

yes, Nintendo DS, like 5 times. in bold and making a case against Bifauxnen.

who needs to die.
##vote Bifauxnen

(Anidav, can you make it explicit that GBA was town. I'm assuming GBA was killed by genesis3?)

Gwynplaine
Jan 24, 2015

"Let me get this straight..."

Birdstrike posted:

kept you waitign huh

Heh. Age hasn't slowed you down a bit, Bird.

Kat Delacour posted:

Yeah. I'm so turned around this game. Helpful Bif is scum Bif.

##vote Bif

Helpful Bif is just Bif. I'm still catching up on thread but voting for someone who is generally very good town this early is not a move I can stand by. Not to the same extent as Venom, but Bif is more useful as town than they are dangerous as scum. Low priority.

Back to catching up on 30 pages or so.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

GBA was town.
GBA was not killed by Genesis 3.

Bifauxnen
Aug 12, 2010

Curses! Foiled again!

That was kind of a waste, I believed his claim since I know there has to be a real DS, it'd be silly to have a conflicting fakeclaim.

So Kommando, you still want to push that flavor poo poo? Btw you forgot, (as did I) that Bird's original VT role was a Sega.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Venom Soag posted:

mmg was town

did not see that coming

okay workin down the list

##vote tremendous taste

keeps tryign to shut down conversation and makes it seem like going the easy vote every day is the best vote

Is this a serious post

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

it'd not flavour poo poo, it's role claims.

clone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Negative Entropy
Nov 30, 2009

it's even on this page.

quote:

Bifauxnen posted:

iajanus posted:

Since it's looking likely I'll be voted out let's all pay attention to where the main thrust against me's been coming from for when you find out my alignment.

Bif has been pretty strident but also consistent and well reasoned. Whilst it could be scum with a focused plan it seems genuine to me.
Exact has been popping up as if on cue and has also been pretty gungho about pushing everyone onto me. Also gotten defended by Bif without any real grounds.
Kommando has been trying to use the roles to actually work out people's motivation, although with a strong focus on Bif for some reason I can't put my finger on.

She has admitted to having a power that gets better when i die.

Bifauxnen posted:

A joystick? Do you mean a d-pad? I'm sitting here imagining any handheld with a joystick stickin' off it and that's hilarious. But yeah. I'm a PSP.

I won't say what I can do now, but I get a bonus power if the Nintendo DS dies before me. Once Kommando straight-up claimed DS, I started thinking that he's more likely town, since the competitor I want to out-do would be the real DS, not a clone. Probably.

Maybe he doesn't have a mirror of my condition if he was so upfront about claiming it, but after I got put on the list of handhelds, and the other one claimed a game boy, he might've worked it out. Come to think of it, you might've worked it out too. So I don't consider this hard proof of your ability, but I hope if Kommando is town he'll rethink his vote on me. Cause he'd be town himself despite the advantage I would gain if he dies.

no lovers thing, no nurse/deputy thing.

I'm a DS.

Anidav posted:

*The consoles stumble upon a lamp*

DS, rub it.

Touch tooouchtouuuuch

The Apple iPhone (Quidnose) has been lynched! (3rd Party Lyncher, becomes serial killer if certain handhelds are lynched or killed)
It is now Night 2.
Night actions to me!
Thread unlocks 12:30pm tomorrow; Brisbane Time.

becomes serial killer if certain handhelds are lynched or killed

Becomes more powerful if certain handhelds are lynched or killed...

becomes more powerful

certain handhelds.

Look, draw your own conclusion. But this looks like a pattern to me.

• Locked thread