Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

That boy has so much hair.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian
gently caress, all those pictures made me think about was Scott Steiner filming a "coming soon" vignette for lucha underground

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

gently caress, all those pictures made me think about was Scott Steiner filming a "coming soon" vignette for lucha underground
He's a machine they call him Cage is basically playing their version of Scott Steiner already.

DeNomolos
Jan 10, 2013

mild mannered meatspin historian

Discount Trombones posted:

He's a machine they call him Cage is basically playing their version of Scott Steiner already.

IMMAMACHINE could use more bleach and chain-mail hats now that you mention it

Discount Trombones
Jan 22, 2014

ChuckDeNomolos posted:

IMMAMACHINE could use more bleach and chain-mail hats now that you mention it

Who couldn't, though

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
The Punk/Hardy feud was great on its own, but it had the best epilogue ever. Jeff had been out of WWE for a few months, got busted for drugs, and the next day Punk comes out and says "I tooooold you sooooo!"

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

sticklefifer posted:

The Punk/Hardy feud was great on its own, but it had the best epilogue ever. Jeff had been out of WWE for a few months, got busted for drugs, and the next day Punk comes out and says "I tooooold you sooooo!"

If I remember right, the best part of that was that Punk's promo was actually designed to push Jeff's DVD by insisting that nobody buy it as it would be a bad influence on them. Unless I'm conflating events and the "don't buy this DVD!" promo happened after Jeff left but before he got busted for incredible drug dealing.

dromal phrenia
Feb 22, 2004

I never noticed the bored girl chewing gum in that picture because I was too busy focused on hair kid

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

dromal phrenia posted:

I never noticed the bored girl chewing gum in that picture because I was too busy focused on hair kid

I always thought she was muttering angrily.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

Austin Aries posted:

Looking at the landscape and what we've become as a species and I can't help but feel sad, angry, and embarrassed. We champion an egocentric mindset, rooted in greed, while we continue to we put the most value on the least valuable things. So let's put up our obligatory #Paris tweet to make ourselves feel better, and then go on with our superficial, consumer based existence.

And my preemptive apologies, as I know my tweets may have caused the most egregious crime in today's society: I may have offended somebody.

I don't even know what Austin Aries is trying to say but I feel a 14 year old me would agree with him before listening to some Linkin Park and angrily muttering about "The Man".

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Gonzo McFee posted:

I don't even know what Austin Aries is trying to say but I feel a 14 year old me would agree with him before listening to some Linkin Park and angrily muttering about "The Man".

I dunno, I'm feeling he's coming off as saying social media trends, and red white and blue profile image overlays are shallow as hell means of supporting families of tragedy when it's already global news. You're(obviously not you, Gonzo McFee) not fighting for exposure on behalf of a silent victim. Getting up and donating to relief causes are beyond the scope of most people today, and it's what is needed most of all. Not to mention the selfishness involved in going on twitter or facebook and proclaiming HOW MUCH you care and have those victims in your thoughts and prayers is. It's really just making it about you and the support stops there.

Granted he could've just said "Hey, put your money where your mouth is folks" and supplied links to the red cross and other charities that can provide aid and assistance.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Austin Aries also believes the Boston Bombing and Sandy Hook are government hoaxes and because they didn't show the kids bodies from Sandy Hook that there is no proof it actually happened.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Aries is the guy who started saying the Boston Bombing was an inside job #AskQuestions so I think he's just being a loving idiot.

Electric Lady
Mar 21, 2010

To be victorious
you must find glory
in the little things
Aries comes off there as having the very same problems as the people about whom he is complaining. I agree with him the hashtag slinging and the French-Flag-profile-picturing is shallow, but when he could have encouraged people to do something actually meaningful for the victims of the recent terrorist attacks in Paris/Beirut/etc., all he did was use it as a means to criticize and put forth a self-image of his own as a "free thinker" (or, judging from the other things he's said, a loving idiot).

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Skaw posted:

I dunno, I'm feeling he's coming off as saying social media trends, and red white and blue profile image overlays are shallow as hell means of supporting families of tragedy when it's already global news. You're(obviously not you, Gonzo McFee) not fighting for exposure on behalf of a silent victim. Getting up and donating to relief causes are beyond the scope of most people today, and it's what is needed most of all. Not to mention the selfishness involved in going on twitter or facebook and proclaiming HOW MUCH you care and have those victims in your thoughts and prayers is. It's really just making it about you and the support stops there.

Granted he could've just said "Hey, put your money where your mouth is folks" and supplied links to the red cross and other charities that can provide aid and assistance.

You are putting way too much hope in the words of Austin Aries, a noted Terrible Human Being.

Cory Lidle
Oct 12, 2006
Austin Aries is just mad that he's short.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Austin Aries is also mad that you have to pay money to read Dave Meltzer's words.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Austin Aries is a bad person but boy do I like to watch him wrestle. I wish he would come back to ROH in a bigger role.

Fsmhunk
Jul 19, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Austin Aries's Tiny Cape

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fsmhunk posted:

Austin Aries's Tiny Cape

Please don't cape shame

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

NienNunb posted:

boy do I like to watch him wrestle.

Seriously. He's really loving good at wrestling.

Lightbulb Grease
Aug 9, 2006

Oh, hi girls. Tom Cruise here.
Soiled Meat

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
WWE.com did a "WWE inspired Sports Teams" reference, and it's clear someone there reads SA

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

That post happened waaaaaay before the farm meme got started here

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Took me a second. :laugh:

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Jerusalem posted:

Seriously. He's really loving good at wrestling.

I haven't seen anything in the last seven years to make me think this and his last run in ROH was truly wretched.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008

coconono posted:

Austin Aries is also mad that you have to pay money to read Dave Meltzer's words.

Won't pay for Metlzer's words but will pay for a SA account to block people on twitter that complain about him in this thread.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:
I love that Hulk Hogan still hasn't hired someone to do social media for him.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

every since i saw him in those television commercials, dancing in tights like a ballerina, i knew hulk had those tendencies. dude, please.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

My favourite one of these is the time he retweeted someone saying "I just went balls deep in Brooke".

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice
Sometimes I wonder if the Hulkster doesn't read them at all and just retweets whatever has his name or image, or if he actually reads the tweets and finds them funny, or if he just believes no publicity is bad publicity. Either way I'm glad he doesn't believe in social media managers or training.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

keevo posted:

I love that Hulk Hogan still hasn't hired someone to do social media for him.

Like he could afford to

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Hulk Hogan just came out of the closet, and we need to respect his life choices, thank you, hh

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Marquis de Pyro posted:

Hulk Hogan just came out of the closet, and we need to respect his life choices, thank you, hh

"I lifted that giant Stonewall Jackson over my head and slammed him then delivered the big leg drop. As the ref counted three, the clouds parted and my main DUDE BROTHER God said, 'Let the gays marry,' and we did as a country. It means a lot to me to have been a part of such a huge moment in history."

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

Charles Gnarwin posted:

"I lifted that giant Stonewall Jackson over my head and slammed him then delivered the big leg drop. As the ref counted three, the clouds parted and my main DUDE BROTHER God said, 'Let the gays marry,' and we did as a country. It means a lot to me to have been a part of such a huge moment in history."

Wrong stonewall brother

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wrong stonewall brother

Just like when they bombed the condominiums at Waco, brother

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Wrong stonewall brother

:thejoke:

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

KungFu Grip posted:

Won't pay for Metlzer's words but will pay for a SA account to block people on twitter that complain about him in this thread.

lol does he really do that

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RacistGuidingLight
Apr 5, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

There was a lot to unpack in that joke. It wasn't very good and your contempt isn't warranted.