Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Croberts did the Paris attacks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.
Well, at least it doesn't like there have been any blockers on the emote front..

They're going to need this one soon...

G0RF fucked around with this message at 06:09 on Nov 16, 2015

Mandibular Fiasco
Oct 14, 2012
I'm only into this thing for a grand total of $40, and am debating about asking for my money back. I see people with thousands of dollars 'invested' and think that makes total sense to do. For someone like me, with barely anything spent on this gong-show, how likely is it I'll see anything worthwhile, ever? On one hand, I'd rather take that $40 and spent it on some real games, made by people who can actually ship a product. On the other hand, the $40 isn't going to break my financial picture, so part of me figures I should just ride it out and enjoy the front row seat for the drama. If you're a minimal contribution person, have you asked for your refund yet?

Toops
Nov 5, 2015

-find mood stabilizers
-also,
This is my doge.

He was told he could live in a huge mansion, never wanting for anything, and paid $$$ for jpegs of this promised mansion. After incalculable delays, his mansion was delivered.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Mandibular Fiasco posted:

I'm only into this thing for a grand total of $40, and am debating about asking for my money back. I see people with thousands of dollars 'invested' and think that makes total sense to do. For someone like me, with barely anything spent on this gong-show, how likely is it I'll see anything worthwhile, ever? On one hand, I'd rather take that $40 and spent it on some real games, made by people who can actually ship a product. On the other hand, the $40 isn't going to break my financial picture, so part of me figures I should just ride it out and enjoy the front row seat for the drama. If you're a minimal contribution person, have you asked for your refund yet?

Get the $40 back now, spend it on something you can use right now. If/When SC comes out, buy it then.

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

Get a refund

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

G0RF posted:

Well, at least it doesn't like there have been any blockers on the emote front..

They're going to need this one soon...

"hahaha...*cough**splurt*that one always cracks me up"

I dare anyone to watch more than a minute of that without yearning for death.

pun pundit
Nov 11, 2008

I feel the same way about the company bearing the same name.

What is your time and dealing with customer service frustration worth to you? If you think you can get your $40 back without more than $40 worth of time and frustration, do it.

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe
I thought I'd see what's been going on with this fake game.

Fake game status: :gary: :yarg:

I was only in for $33. When the refund thread started I'd had enough with this non-existent game. Asked for and received my refund. You'll want to note that the endless stream of retarded marketing emails from RSI doesn't stop.

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat
anything happen since derek smart Derek Smart DEREK SMART posted his manifesto to the public or whatever

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer
Sandi confirming baby PU this month 32:30 into video. Text in french, video interview in English. Interesting around 31 minutes Ben tries to explain why people have left the game.

quote:

K - Think you can bring to the game a new population of players with new features, like the FPS?

S - Yes, absolutely. With the baby PU happens this month ...

K - Oh, you announce a date?

S - We are so close in recent weeks, yes, it will happen this month. And this universe embryo is so unique that it will drain players new to him, and sauté former players. The crew management will also participate in the craze.

http://starcitizen.jeuxonline.info/actualite/49291/interview-sandi-gardiner-ben-lesnick-jeuxonline

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

"Sperg fracking" is quite the term. If CIG's funding follows the timeline of humanity's exploitation of oil then here pretty soon what with all the volatility in backer funding they're going to try to become financially independent by fleecing their own employees

BMan
Oct 31, 2015

KNIIIIIIFE
EEEEEYYYYE
ATTAAAACK

Amun Khonsu posted:

And this universe embryo is so unique that it will drain players new to him, and sauté former players.

Apostates will be cooked and fed to :lesnick:

Amun Khonsu
Sep 15, 2012

wtf did he just say?
Grimey Drawer

BMan posted:

Apostates will be cooked and fed to :lesnick:

heh, all hail google translate!

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Toops posted:

This is my doge.

He was told he could live in a huge mansion, never wanting for anything, and paid $$$ for jpegs of this promised mansion. After incalculable delays, his mansion was delivered.

outgrew the bed some years ago

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

Get a refund and then throw the money at Indivisible if you like the look of it. It has an actual working prototype and the devs stream some of their work on Twitch, plus they have a proven record with Skullgirls. If they don't reach the $1.5 million target you get your money back.

(shameless plugging)

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

quote:

"Ships get remade because new tech has been made so the game is better looking and more efficient. Star Citizen is not a rush job most things they do is to make sure the game is future proof. Also 2.0 is on content lock the feature set won't be downgraded stop spreading misinformation please. Lead devs are significant but CIG is a team of nearly 300. So they can easily pull (sic) resources..."

"You gotta do what?"

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

u rappin bad

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
"So do you think they'll have finished Star Citizen by now?"
He checked his watch. "Looks like it, but -my God!"
Overhead, without any fuss, the stars were going out.

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

Tarezax posted:

Get a refund and then throw the money at Indivisible if you like the look of it. It has an actual working prototype and the devs stream some of their work on Twitch, plus they have a proven record with Skullgirls. If they don't reach the $1.5 million target you get your money back.

(shameless plugging)

That looks pretty cool, and it has a Dust elysian tale vibe to it. I find it pretty funny how I find little 2D platform style games far more interesting and impressive in the imagination department than some overthought, overbloated space sim, which should really be the sort of thing that gets me excited.

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

trucutru posted:

Should we have a little game trying to guess what is going to be included in the anniversary sale? There is obviously going to be a new ship or two but how about their type and price?

My guess: Some sort of huge bomber ship. $1200 for the base model.

A ship that is better in every way then other ships in its class. Hopefully limited amount of capital ships that are better then javelins for 5000 bucks a piece.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

neonbregna posted:

A ship that is better in every way then other ships in its class. Hopefully limited amount of capital ships that are better then javelins for 5000 bucks a piece.

They could also sell the Bagel Carrier for 10 to 15k a piece.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

neonbregna posted:

A load of Jpegs. Why change an incredibly successful business model?

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Tank Boy Ken posted:

They could also sell the Bagel Carrier for 10 to 15k a piece.

They should really move into producing physical goods. They could easily sell a Bengal bagel carrier for 20 bucks to their flock. Does anyone have an actual cost for those black cards? There is no way the total cost for those things including shipping is more then 2 bucks per card.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

neonbregna posted:

They should really move into producing physical goods. They could easily sell a Bengal bagel carrier for 20 bucks to their flock. Does anyone have an actual cost for those black cards? There is no way the total cost for those things including shipping is more then 2 bucks per card.

Shipping to the individual recipients from China is probably not totally cheap.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
Why stop at ship JPEGS? Sell the right to name space stations ranging from 5k to 25k depending on proximity to earth.
Or even better: Name dat vessel: for 50k you get to name a ship variant.

Hellllllooooo "furstreaker" a "yifferclass cruiser*"
But they probably already did that...

jaegerx
Sep 10, 2012

Maybe this post will get me on your ignore list!

So from what I gather this game is never coming out then?

mcjomar
Jun 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

jaegerx posted:

So from what I gather this game is never coming out then?

Either this, or they'll push out some buggy piece of crap that counts as a release but is actually only there to satisfy legal requirements so they can run off with the money :sweden:

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

mcjomar posted:

Either this, or they'll push out some buggy piece of crap that counts as a release but is actually only there to satisfy legal requirements so they can run off with the money :sweden:

There won't be any money - just thirty mocap studios, a 10 volume script that makes W40K novels look like fine literature and an ocean of backer tears.

:gary: will live forever in our hearts though

neonbregna
Aug 20, 2007

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Okay so what 3 bucks total then?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

G0RF posted:

quote:

Lead devs are significant but CIG is a team of nearly 300. So they can easily pull (sic) resources..."

So lead devs are important and one of them breaking his wrists is a problem but also they have nearly 300 people and lots of resources so it's not a problem.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Shipping from China to most places is pretty cheap now days. For black cards, practically nothing against what you save by having it made in China.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Tank Boy Ken posted:

neonbregna posted:

Okay so what 3 bucks total then?

nah, I buy cheap jewlery components from china on Ebay all the time, and there's usually free shipping for something that small even when I only spend like a quid.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

A Neurotic Jew posted:

"hahaha...*cough**splurt*that one always cracks me up"

I dare anyone to watch more than a minute of that without yearning for death.

haha :stonklol:

does the character not blink? because it looks like he doesnt and its horrifying

also how he awkwardly jumps back into his creepy death stare pose the second the animation is finished. I guess they need another mocap studio or 3 if they want to polish the animations up some more

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Okay, seriously though, I've been working on online stores projects for huge companies for five years and I think I'm qualified to say that Star Citizen is doing just fine. As an online store.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Like, I've seen stats for a certain department store chain and they get less money from selling actual physical products online than CIG from selling jpegs.

Oct 28, 2003

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

haha :stonklol:

does the character not blink? because it looks like he doesnt and its horrifying

also how he awkwardly jumps back into his creepy death stare pose the second the animation is finished. I guess they need another mocap studio or 3 if they want to polish the animations up some more

six different bow emotes seems stupid

Xaerael
Aug 25, 2010

Marching Powder is objectively the worst poster known. He also needs to learn how a keyboard works.

138 posted:

six different bow emotes seems stupid

Pissing about making emotes before making a core game seems stupider.

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.
I'm starting to see more and more articles on failed kickstarters in real news and it's making me think about Star Citizen

http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-34832447

I can't wait to see the articles when everything finally collapses

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShredsYouSay
Sep 22, 2011

How's his widow holding up?
Is there a :lesnick: dance emote?

• Locked thread