Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Optimist with doubt
May 16, 2010

Scoop Lover

:vince:

he knows...

oldpainless posted:

Steve Austin's not racist :colbert:

Now had you said something about beating your girlfriend you might be on firmer ground

I'm not saying Austin is racist per say but I would guarantee he has said some racist poo poo in the past.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!

super macho dude posted:

If you're not down with that, I got 14 words for ya...

Oh, please. If I heard that joke once, I've heard it 88 times.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Optimist with doubt posted:

I'm not saying Austin is racist per say but I would guarantee he has said some racist poo poo in the past.

From his podcast Austin is insanely progressive for a self described redneck from Texas who's main interests are hunting, drinking beer, and hunting while drinking beer.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Benne posted:

Rollins should bring back the Curb Stomp and call it the Goose Step

When he turned face, the fans would cheer the hell out of Baron Von Raschke as he goose stepped around the ring

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TheJoker138 posted:

From his podcast Austin is insanely progressive for a self described redneck from Texas who's main interests are hunting, drinking beer, and hunting while drinking beer.

The way Austin runs away from political conversations on his podcast and his wife is a special needs educator, it's a coin toss between communism and libertarianism.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

coconono posted:

The way Austin runs away from political conversations on his podcast and his wife is a special needs educator, it's a coin toss between communism and libertarianism.

Yeah I get more of a Joe Rogan esque politics vibe from Austin minus the drugs and slightly MRA leaning poo poo

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

coconono posted:

IF YOU THINK FROM EACH ACCORDING TO THEIR ABILITY AND TO EACH ACCORDING TO THEIR NEEDS IS THE WAY TO GO, GIMMIE A HELL YEAH

*Stunners a plutocrat*

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

On UFC from last night:

@brydertna: This is why pre-determined is better.

https://twitter.com/brydertna/status/665769150082609152

Yes Bob Ryder, tell us more about good booking and making money.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
To be fair to Bob he may be right that predetermined is better for making money, it's just that he and everyone else in TNA are complete loving morons and incapable of taking advantage of a superior system.

DynamiteKidd
Jun 11, 2015

by Shine
Yeah remember when TNA built Bobby Roode up as this big star with the Bound for Glory series in 2011 and then in a predetermined match killed his entire run and made the last several months of the product meaningless by having him lose his title match at BFG itself

That was so much better guys

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
This is why Pre determined is better.

*Hires Vince Russo*

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Pre-determined is so much better that WWE and New Japan have determined that the only way for them to make money is by slashing the cost of their product.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

flashy_mcflash posted:

On UFC from last night:

Aaand a big NOPE to Ryder. Cleaning out a division comes at finishing returns. Not to mention the inherent perils of your top draw going down to injury, holding out for more money, etc.

Fixed contests don't draw if everyone knows their fixed. That's why successful wrestling promoters lean more heavily on personalities than big matches.

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
I love how every response to his tweet is "nope"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

mariooncrack posted:

I love how every response to his tweet is "nope"

Well, not every one https://mobile.twitter.com/TheBasedParker/status/665776129802944512

ParanoidInc
Apr 27, 2013

You dun scuffed me for the last time you no-good Zayn boy!
Fun Shoe

flashy_mcflash posted:

On UFC from last night:

ah yes the shocking underdog victory that will set up a rematch that will make truckloads of money for ufc, that surely proves that works>shoots

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

I almost want to tweet Bob Ryder to ask how he would have booked Rousey in TNA

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

James Storm would huck her in front of a train too.

Marquis de Pyro
Sep 25, 2006

Evil Prevails
Predetermined is definitely better, what's why the various rigged pro sports leagues dominate while NFL, MLB, and NBA are inherently valueless and terrible.

Well, bad example as all of those actually are rigged...but...

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

RZApublican posted:

Holy poo poo, that's amazing. I'm doing that right now.

WeaponX
Jul 28, 2008

RZApublican posted:

1. Book a Goldberg copycat winning streak building up to a big PPV match
2. Accidentally gently caress up the taping schedule and show her lose before the PPV
3. Pretend like nothing happened and have her still lose the big PPV match by DQ
4. Book her on a long losing streak in which she changes gimmicks
5. gently caress up taping schedule again and show her wrestling in her old gimmick one week after the change
6. Stop booking her cause she left the company suddenly one day without telling anyone
7. Take credit for her success when she inevitably finds it somewhere else

Done.

WeaponX fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Nov 16, 2015

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

WeaponX posted:

2. Accidentally gently caress up the taping schedule and show her lose before the PPV
3. Pretend like nothing happened and have her still lose the big PPV match by DQ
5. gently caress up taping schedule again and show her wrestling in her old gimmick one week after the change
6. Stop booking her cause she left the company suddenly one day without telling anyone

Done.

Wow, other than the taping schedule, they are copying WWE's playbook

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

WeaponX posted:

Done.
Depressingly I really can't tell if this is an actual sequence of events that happened

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wait, Zahra is using the curb stomp on the indy circuit? Eesh.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

St Evan Echoes posted:

Depressingly I really can't tell if this is an actual sequence of events that happened

Well, all of those events have happened, most of them within the last couple of months, but not all to the same character.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

St Evan Echoes posted:

It's all been done, just I don't think involving the same one wrestler

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

In these trying times and in the wake of tragedy, it's important to remember those of us truly affected by prejudice. Unfairly treated simply for their beliefs.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

flashy_mcflash posted:

In these trying times and in the wake of tragedy, it's important to remember those of us truly affected by prejudice. Unfairly treated simply for their beliefs.

The last sentence is 100% true but not in the way he meant it

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

flashy_mcflash posted:

personally I support the halting of allowing any TNA fans in my state

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

SamuraiFoochs posted:

Wait, Zahra is using the curb stomp on the indy circuit? Eesh.

she's one hell of a worker

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

Really, though. How has that not happened?

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I would love to watch those two robots attempt to emote towards each other and attempt to react. It would be a fascinating science experiment at least.

Dr. Ass
Apr 21, 2008

it's like a double-blind Turing test

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

HARD TRUTHS ABOUT MELISSA JOAN HART

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/jGf0CSl.jpg[[/timg]

This has been HARD TRUTHS ABOUT MELISSA JOAN HART

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

AlmightyPants posted:

I would love to watch those two robots attempt to emote towards each other and attempt to react. It would be a fascinating science experiment at least.

They could have a baby and it would just be a huge piece of wood.

WrasslorMonkey
Mar 5, 2012

flashy_mcflash posted:

That's the good stuff right there. Thank you, friend.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

AlmightyPants posted:

I'm just imagining the camera panning from Roman's confused "tough" face from Battleground or whatever last year to any of Eva's DRAMATIC ACTRESS expressions, on an endless loop while romance music plays.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

mods change my name to E Tard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

flashy_mcflash posted:

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/jGf0CSl.jpg[[/timg]